Home
Posted By: RAS Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Boy oh boy, that was fast. The monarchy of information said “No way, you only use us, and live by our rules. Back to your lives now peasants.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/parler-not-working-offline-down-big-tech-amazon-web-services
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Another venue will take it's place, or it'll come back with fail safes.

True conservative, free media has a chance right now to enjoy the gold rush, and make a mint. If only they will...
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Using Amazon ( The Washington Post) to host a uncensored (Conservative ) site was either a set-up, or the dumbest business move I have seen in a long time.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Read the title of the thread wrong..........thought it said Paddler Is Gone.

Guess I need new glasses.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Give them a couple-three weeks to secure and set up another web hosting apparatus.
Posted By: javman Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Parler is on, just not available to download from any app store.
Posted By: RAS Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by javman

Try going to the site on your browser.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by javman

I get the error message from my desktop...
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
It's gone. Unbelievable!
Posted By: aalf Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21

GONE!

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at parler.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Wasn't the Parler CEO talking about using another host?
Guess your right fellas, I was just on it last night reading some posts. My bad!
Hope DJT comes through with his own platform like he said.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
My suspicion. is that Parler and other new platforms will join Trumps new social platform. He has the money, he will find the tech to get it off the ground. I also see a new television production network. Liberty is hard to permanently suppress.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
My suspicion. is that Parler and other new platforms will join Trumps new social platform. He has the money, he will find the tech to get it off the ground. I also see a new television production network. Liberty is hard to permanently suppress.

Heard a gentleman on local radio news and Chris Wallace was trying to steer this guy to answer questions the way he wanted but the gentleman stayed true. Question came up about his thoughts on removing Trump from Twitter and other social media platforms and the gentleman's response surprised Wallace. He stated "what they've done is made his(DJT) followers stronger as they will follow him wherever he goes or platform he chooses to use or develop." When you silence people is when they will seek their leader more. Wallace started got his feathers ruffled by the response lol.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Don't forget to delete Amazon. ;-{>8
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Don't forget to delete Amazon. ;-{>8

This. Let Bezos feel it in the pocketbook. A decision to do this doesn’t happen without his signing off on it. Bad press potentially if he’s on the wrong side of this...they evidently don’t feel they are.

I’d love to see Amazon drop even 5% over the next quarter. Shareholders would howl.
Posted By: RAS Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Censorship has NEVER made anything better.

It amazing to see how brazen the Statists are now that election is over and they were able to successfully steal it.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by RAS
Censorship has NEVER made anything better.

It amazing to see how brazen the Statists are now that election is over and they were able to successfully steal it.

They are also acting quite frightened; Kinda like when you were sure your dad knew about what you did.
Posted By: Starman Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by steve4102
Using Amazon ( The Washington Post) to host a uncensored (Conservative ) site was either a set-up, or the dumbest business move I have seen in a long time.

When one fails to plan, one plans to fail.
Posted By: efw Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Another venue will take it's place, or it'll come back with fail safes.

True conservative, free media has a chance right now to enjoy the gold rush, and make a mint. If only they will...

...if only they CAN... unfortunately Parler has all their vendors dump them. The message is clear; if you allow free speech from the Conservative side you will lose any and all support.

This isn’t just about Parler it’s about the narrative which is king now... or, if you will, the big lie.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Parler is gone - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by RAS
Boy oh boy, that was fast. The monarchy of information said “No way, you only use us, and live by our rules. Back to your lives now peasants.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/parler-not-working-offline-down-big-tech-amazon-web-services

In the recent past, they said that complaints about their bias against conservatives was unfounded, because conservatives should start their own social media companies if they have a problem with theirs. So now that that happened, they used all their monopoly power to shut them down. Amazing hypocrisy. Seems an obvious case for an antitrust lawsuit. Too bad we are now without rule of law.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Parler is gone - 01/12/21
GAB is up and running like a turpentined cat.
© 24hourcampfire