Home
Gas is usually a bit high in my town and was at $2.15 yesterday - it was around $1.85 last fall.

This morning the same station was at $2.39 a gallon.

I can hardly wait for the Biden administration to kick in.
Did that here in north Fka, then two days layer it dropped $.18
Same down here in S Texas. Noticing incline for past several weeks and a big jump yesterday.
Originally Posted by javman
Same down here in S Texas. Noticing incline for past several weeks and a big jump yesterday.

Same here in N. TX.
We ain't seen nothin' yet! eek

go joe and cameltoe
Turning America in to California one gas pump at a time.

kwg
This article comes out every Tuesday am - gas and diesel prices

Link - it's up!
Amazing how Hiden Biden looks like Walter, the old man puppet of ventriloquist Jeff Dunham. Who plays Dunham in this case?
I bet they would love to add a $1 per gallon tax. It's a perfect target for them, stick the "green agenda" on us and tax the Hell out of us at the same time.
Taxing the chitt out of gasoline, diesel and such touches EVERYbody..............

but they likely don't care.
Been saying it for awhile.
Watch for a EO directing fed fuel tax hike within the 1st month or sooner from Joe and the ho.

They have a 4 inch binder of prepared EO,s ready to go........
They are gonna use that pen as much as they can with no qualms whatsoever.
Slow Joe dont even know what the fugg he will be signing until the teleprompter shows him what to say.
Fugging puppet figurehead signature block authority is all he is.

Book it............
Was in town on Sunday gas was $1.97 took some cans in to fill up and it's now $2.43
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Gas is usually a bit high in my town and was at $2.15 yesterday - it was around $1.85 last fall.

I'm not real worried about what the Biden admin plans unless they figure out a way to ban fracking. However, the Saudi plans to cut production over the next few months will likely have a much bigger effect on crude oil prices, and thus fuels like gasoline and diesel. Just the news this week that the Saudis will cut production has raised prices. Here are links to articles about the latest proposed production cuts by Saudi Arabia:

Oil climbs five percent on Saudi voluntary oil production cut
Oil hits 11-month high towards $57 as Saudi cut supports
Saudi Arabia to Cut Oil Production Sharply in Bid to Lift Prices

Good to see oil prices up.
Be glad you are not in CA. Gas here is between $3 to 3.40 cash price and another 10 cents if you use a credit card.
IIRC on our last trip to Anchorage, it was considerably higher than down here. It is usually the other way around.

I may not recall correctly, but I think it was $3.85 at Girdwood where we fueled up on our way home, and about 3.55 here.

Prices om Maui were about the same as Anchorage, and those are usually higher than ANC.
Originally Posted by Muffin
Taxing the chitt out of gasoline, diesel and such touches EVERYbody..............

but they likely don't care.

no they do not
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by tpcollins

I'm not real worried about what the Biden admin plans unless they figure out a way to ban fracking. However, the Saudi plans to cut production over the next few months will likely have a much bigger effect on crude oil prices, and thus fuels like gasoline and diesel. Just the news this week that the Saudis will cut production has raised prices. Here are links to articles about the latest proposed production cuts by Saudi Arabia:

Oil climbs five percent on Saudi voluntary oil production cut
Oil hits 11-month high towards $57 as Saudi cut supports
Saudi Arabia to Cut Oil Production Sharply in Bid to Lift Prices

Trump could control them, that will be ending now
Originally Posted by EdM

Yeah yeah we know your stocks are up.. not all of us are big money hustla’s like you..unfortunately I’m dumb barely could figure out 3-2 so no biochemical electrical nuclear fusion engineer degree like you and I took the less honorable path and joined the U.S Army. My retirement check after 22yrs 5 months is $2376 after taxes.. So while high oil prices are I agree good to a certain point, guys like me will struggle for a bit. I cannot touch my 401k until I’m 59 also..
Originally Posted by EdM

It is. Im pretty heavy into energy stocks now. Bought a bunch last April when oil dropped below zero dollars a barrel. I was a dumb grunt in the military And Im no rocket surgeon
Same here. Invested every bit I could since the start of Covid. NASA isn’t upset that I am not working for them....but Stevie Wonder can see opportunity in the heavily depressed energy market.
Originally Posted by las
IIRC on our last trip to Anchorage, it was considerably higher than down here. It is usually the other way around.

I may not recall correctly, but I think it was $3.85 at Girdwood where we fueled up on our way home, and about 3.55 here.

Prices om Maui were about the same as Anchorage, and those are usually higher than ANC.

Sarah did us no favors on gas taxes.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Same here. Invested every bit I could since the start of Covid. NASA isn’t upset that I am not working for them....but Stevie Wonder can see opportunity in the heavily depressed energy market.

Gosh oil is at negative $28 dollars a share. I wonder if its a good buy now? Ding ding ding ding ding ding

I even bought some Ford when it dropped below 5 bucks a share like I did in 2009 when it dropped below 2 bucks a share.
Originally Posted by AKduck

Gosh oil is at negative $28 dollars a share. I wonder if its a good buy now? Ding ding ding ding ding ding

"Excuse me sir would you like to quadruple your money this year?" lol

I even bought some Ford when it dropped below 5 bucks a share like I did in 2009 when it dropped below 2 bucks a share.
Wait until Bidin takes over!!!
Good Lord........every time this theme comes up with the same line of ridiculous reasons why fuel prices go up (and down)l For the 500th time, all you have to do is check the price of a bbl of WTI(West TX Intermediate crude), a Wall ST traded commodity, and you will see why fuel does what it does. It's elementary.
Rocket science Johnny but I look to the employment opportunities that higher oil prices drive. Some won't accept one and want the other...
Oil is a four letter word. Yes I own oil wells and learned the business the hard way. Ain’t no integrity in the oil business. They’re barely one notch above chicken fighters and I question that. Lawyers,lobbyists, and politicians have controlled the the industry for 150 yrs. What could go wrong. They were the deep state before there was a deep state. We all know it. It would be a little easier if they didn’t put sand in the Vaseline. It’s gonna be a wild ride boys , don’t bend over. Grab your guns and protect the second amendment. MAGA
Consumption is down so prices go up.
Originally Posted by EdM
Rocket science Johnny but I look to the employment opportunities that higher oil prices drive. Some won't accept one and want the other...

Right on EdM.
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Consumption is down so prices go up.

Not exactly. IF "consumption" were down, supply would rise and prices would go down. Inventory/supply data comes out every Wednesday, but prices from suppliers change daily based on the day's trading numbers.
Maybe profits are down so prices go up;
another jump today in my neck of the woods
Filled up Sunday 1.85–Today fill up-2.29!
$1.97 at Fleet&Farm Green Bay this afternoon.
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Oil-Rises-On-Crude-Draw-Despite-Product-Builds.html

Crude oil prices jumped further today after the Energy Information Administration reported a crude oil inventory draw of 3.2 million barrels for the week to January 8.

This compared with an estimated draw of 5.82 million barrels from the American Petroleum Institute and analyst expectations of a draw totaling 2.72 million barrels.

It also adds onto the inventory decline of as much as 8 million barrels reported for the previous week, which helped push oil prices higher.
It's only gone up a dime here in the last week.
© 24hourcampfire