Home
For me, not enough. In no particular order.

Thsshootest, Brother Keith, oidabbile, Jim, 5sdad, John.hmm, there must be many more.

You kind folks?
Probably over a hundred.

Kent
Bob, Bob and Bob
More than a handful....wait a minute....I mean...never mind
I can’t count that high!
A whole passel I'd like to meet.
a bunch.
A couple, before i was on here.
Didnt know they were members.
I’ve met Rick Menefee (and spent time at his shop), one of the most genuine men I’ve ever met, and likely the BEST at his craft of anyone I’ve ever known.
I’ve met Mike Miller, a really good dude who makes a fine using knife at a very fair price.
And I’ve met Dale Howe, another fine knife maker who makes a good knife at a fair price...and he’s a good guy too.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I can’t count that high!

I'm getting old and can't remember that high... or more than 1 thing on the grocery list...

Kent
I met JeffP
Great guy.......

The preceding was facetious
Autofive, Ruger73(has never posted) and mudder700. I would like to meet a lot more.
I thought it would be cool if we could buy 24hourcampfire hats or something. I bet they would be a great conversation starter if we ran across a fellow member.
The only one I’ve ever met was Stoney (slg888) Good guy with some impressive animal mounts.
I’d like to meet a few more at some point
I've met many at the ArmyJoe summer rendezvous. There's many others I'd like to meet, as well as several of the fellers in the AK forum - they've always been rather decent fellows.

One thing's for certain, the vast majority of the fellers on the 'fire are stand-up dudes. True Americans that I'd be proud to stand alongside.
Last time we had a post like this I listed well over a hundred I had hunted or fished with and I have met a whole bunch more since.
blush Me, an' Paul, new299s. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Whelen Nut, Bobski, Colorado Bob, and maybe a few more. All great guys. Be Well, RZ.
A bunch. But not enough. Every ‘fire member I have met exceeded expectations. What a fine lot.
Originally Posted by krp
Probably over a hundred.

Kent

You got me beat
I've probably met 50 but a lot of them are celebrities. Here's a few. Doc rocket, flyboy flem, evil twin, dvd George, local dirt, Manlicher, eh76, got lost, bad luck, kameradLes, kamo gari, Bobcape, Boise, oldtrapper, northern Dave, tzone, most of their affiliates and many others, a lot of whom no longer post. My apologies to friends I missed. In my defense I usually think of you in terms of your real names vs handles here on the fire. I've either dragged deer, gutted and/or cut up deer or antelope with most of them. And would charge hell with a bucket of water if they needed me to.
Originally Posted by krp
Probably over a hundred.

Kent

Ken, Ya think????
Shall we start namin' names?
I'd bet - between the SW contingent - there'd be over a hundred!
3 colorado get-togethers, one in Wyo and a whole buncha guys have stopped by the ranch on their way thru eastern CO. Never tried to count 'em....
In the order that I met them.

7mm08fan
Idared
hillbillybear
battue
Duxdog

All of these boys are exceedingly good guys. I am honored to be buddies with all of them.
I keep getting stood up..... what's up with that? frown
Originally Posted by irfubar

Get clue homie.

I've met a couple, including Field Grade a year or so before he went to the big campfire in the sky.
Was going to meet monashe on a hunt but he couldn't make it. He passed shortly after, we said a prayer for him in camp. He was a great man I wish I could have met.
Gunner, sambo, bobski. Probably um dozen others but I'm terrible with names , tedhorn , osu sig are couple that I forgot .Tulsa gunshow ,
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Get clue homie.

I've met a couple, including Field Grade a year or so before he went to the big campfire in the sky.

I am hurt Geno..... frown maybe I will drop by your place? unannounced of course..... I would drink your booze... if you had any smile
March, 2020

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Quite a few and some day i hope to reconnect
Ran into Stick in Alaska but nobody else so far
Originally Posted by geedubya
March, 2020

Is that the facebook campfire crew?
Originally Posted by stxhunter
a bunch.

Indeed from Texas to Arizona. I do miss the Arizona trip though I only attended two.

Have met 30 to 40 ‘fire members at the 2016 Savagefest in Wellsboro, PA and the 2018, ‘19, ‘20 Savage Rendezvous in Noxen, PA.
Great times with great people.
Kk Alaska (kirt) The Yetti, Mainer in Ak, 358 Norma mag,
March, 2020

Is that the facebook campfire crew?

Some but not even close to all of them

You are welcome anytime all summer in north Idaho. Just me and the wife drinking on the porch though.

Coordinates to your bunker put me at Montanacreekhunters doorstep...Thanks for that fubar!

😂🦫
Originally Posted by EdM

You are welcome anytime all summer in north Idaho. Just me and the wife drinking on the porch though.

Well thank you Ed..... and here I thought you hated me... I'm not far from you...... oh wait... is this a trap?
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Coordinates to your bunker put me at Montanacreekhunters doorstep...Thanks for that fubar!

😂🦫

You lived to tell about it.... so you are welcome.... did you drink his booze?
Met a bunch myself, and enjoyed every minute.

I gotta say I'd nominate krp as the best story teller and a pretty damned good chef, and the best general entertainer is kaywoodie. Seafire probably has the highest conversational endurance, and elkhunternm is the champeen of jackrabbit killers...many more, and all better than me at just about everything!
A trap! HA!
Originally Posted by High_Noon
A trap! HA!

I know.... Ed almost got me.... wink
A trap! HA!

Go...You’ll be fine.

Ed is good people. And hopefully forgiving as well.

😳🦫
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Thsshootest, Brother Keith, oidabbile, Jim, 5sdad, John.hmm, there must be many more.

You kind folks?

RAS
Gregoriev
Boatboy

All top shelf guys.
A trap! HA!

I almost fell for it.... was dreaming of drinking Ed's fine booze ... finger fuggin his fine firearms.... driving his muscle cars..... if it sounds to good to be true it probably is....
Originally Posted by Beaver10
A trap! HA!

Go...You’ll be fine.

Ed is good people. And hopefully forgiving as well.

😳🦫

Ed seems much nicer than Montana Creek Hunter..... that guy looks pissed off always... even when he is suppose to be having fun
Originally Posted by slumlord
Bob, Bob and Bob

bob bob baran
A trap! HA!

I almost fell for it.... was dreaming of drinking Ed's fine booze ... finger fuggin his fine firearms.... driving his muscle cars..... if it sounds to good to be true it probably is....

Nah....It’ll be fine.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫
I'm still mad at Jack... he was going to buy me a ticket to go see Big Stick.... that would have been fun... frown
Originally Posted by JeffP
I met JeffP
Great guy.......

You told me just yesterday he was a POS wink
Originally Posted by efw
I met JeffP
Great guy.......

Oopsie...Too funny!

🦫

Get clue homie.

I am hurt Geno..... frown maybe I will drop by your place? unannounced of course..... I would drink your booze... if you had any smile

Thurs-Sun the lodge is open down the road.

Any other day it's a long way to town.

I don't know any bootleggers out here. I should check on that though, for TEOTWAWKI though, could be a useful connection...........antiseptic for wounds and all that.
Just 3:

Fats
2ndwind
Watch4bear
Gophergunner Goalie Flave Miles58 Fluffy

Get clue homie.

Thurs-Sun the lodge is open down the road.

Any other day it's a long way to town.

I don't know any bootleggers out here. I should check on that though, for TEOTWAWKI though, could be a useful connection...........antiseptic for wounds and all that.

Hmmmm, this doesn't appear to be a trap......
I should get out more often

I get car sick
Probly 70-80 or more, all Great guys! Lots out west I'd like to meet some day.
Just Flave.
Probly 70-80 or more, all Great guys! Lots out west I'd like to meet some day.
Gruff shared a whiteclaw with me.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Just Flave.

I will come see you Jim... if you promise to be home when I show up
Just Flave.

I will come see you Jim... if you promise to be home when I show up

I don't ever go anywhere.....
Just Flave.

What's that saying???

"Oh, you poor, poor man"

or something like that.
I met a bunch in Pa at a get together. Joe Martin and Gnoahhh put me up and put up with me. Also Seafire and a few of the other locals. The one I didn't like I loaned him $200 and he disappeared. It was worth it.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I met a bunch in Pa at a get together. Joe Martin and Gnoahhh put me up and put up with me. Also Seafire and a few of the other locals. The one I didn't like I loaned him $200 and he disappeared. It was worth it.

That $200 bought a bunch of marlboros and keystone light..... smile
i met Mac84, he's an [bleep]
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
The only one I’ve ever met was Stoney (slg888) Good guy with some impressive animal mounts.
I’d like to meet a few more at some point

Stoney is also a damn good fellow to do business with! 👍👍👍
Ole ingwe and I had a few beers in my basement, many many moons ago! grin
Just Flave.

What's that saying???

"Oh, you poor, poor man"

or something like that.

Oh schit!

Thats not true at all.

The Birdwatcher himself spent an evening at my place after roasting his balls on a bicycle seat for a few days.

Sorry that slipped my mind!

You kind folks?

????

Thought I met Richard a bunch !!
Most of the 24hour FB group, we have get-togethers regular.

Get clue homie.

One of my bigger regrets is not making the time to meet him.

Got to buy Geno lunch, though. He’s a little feller, doesn’t eat much.... wink.
Originally Posted by efw
I met JeffP
Great guy.......

Why that sob!!!
PAULLL! Excuse me!!?? I even posted the picture. laugh
PAULLL! Excuse me!!?? I even posted the picture. laugh

grin

All good Richard !!

Hopefully, this year, again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only one that I know for sure that I've met is Redneck. He does some damn fine work!
A trap! HA!

Dead serious but the stuff you listed reside in Texas. Will a '99 F150 and a Ruger 44 Carbine do? I just clicked 59 and am looking forward to another 20 if I am lucky. I won't even let politics work me these days. Mustang Club road run on Saturday for BBQ.
Gruff shared a whiteclaw with me.....

And even let you drink the top half.
Met another member by accident. Small world and all that.
Originally Posted by EdM
A trap! HA!

Dead serious but the stuff you listed reside in Texas. Will a '99 F150 and a Ruger 44 Carbine do? I just clicked 59 and am looking forward to another 20 if I am lucky. I won't even let politics work me these days. Mustang Club road run on Saturday for BBQ.

Well... thanks Ed... now I feel like a fool for being a smartass to you.... well played... smile
Originally Posted by EdM
A trap! HA!

Well... thanks Ed... now I feel like a fool for being a smartass to you.... well played... smile

No worries. We are in Idaho June - August and I am happy to make a short road trip for a visit.
I'm one of the original 24HCF members so most of my acquaintances from the fire aren't around much any more - Boggy Creek Ranger was one I dearly wanted to get together with, but didn't quite connect with. Some of the others I've met of the couple dozen I've gotten together with probably wouldn't be familiar to most of you youngsters but - Silver Bullet, Spike, Bob Metcalf (SU35), Tom Lee and his lovely wife , Sitka Deer, Okanagan, Jim in Idaho, Steve, Jim Hackiewiscz, and a whole bunch more I simply can't remember their handles. Went through about a 10 year period where I avoided the craziness the fire turned into while I was dealing with my own fires at home and lost track of quite a few old friends from here.

Now that I'm retired I may have to make the effort to seek out a few of the characters here and have a beer, chat, and possibly a hunt or just a shooting or show and tell session......

Bob
Handful or so

All decent men that it was my honor to shake their hand & either break bread with them, spend some time w etc.

The women in my family still swoon over ironbender

wild one, from NY got the let’s get hammered Fbks tour, not sure, but I don’t think he ever posted after that, he started us out on peartini’s I finished him off w wild turkey 🤷🏻‍♂️
Many - but some of the fires finest are close friends. You might recognize this critter gitter’.

Probably over a hundred. My work used to take me all over the country and I'd make a point to try to hook up with folks from the 'Fire wherever I went, plus I hosted two very memorable Gatherings at the ranch in East Texas and have attended a bunch of the Armijo Springs/Quemado shindigs and a couple of smaller gatherings at Crossfireoops' place before he passed away.

Ed
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting both RiverRider and Tarbe recently. They both seemed like fine fellows and I appreciate them helping out a guy just getting started with reloading (at either the worst time or the best depending on perspective).
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
Many - but some of the fires finest are close friends. You might recognize this critter gitter’.

lmao I was trying to stay awake in that pic.

IIRC you had a pretty good buzz going!

Ya!

GWB

Ya!

GWB
I'm sure I did.
blush Me, an' Paul, new299s. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm guessing you're the old one?
I have met and hunted with Varmintguy. I consider him a very good friend.
While at Mayo in Minnesota I went and met Redneck at his shop. Really nice man.
I've never had the opportunity, but there are a few on here I would like to meet. I'll take that back. If Frank500 is who I think he is, I stayed at his house one time when I went to a Linebaugh shoot. Might have met a few others there too. Don't know for certain.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Most of the 24hour FB group, we have get-togethers regular.

That’s a whole lot of Man-Purty in there.

Ya!

GWB
I'm sure I did.

First timer...
Originally Posted by EdM

Ya!

GWB
I'm sure I did.

First timer...
I think you and I brought up the sun onetime, and then drove home the next morning after a couple hr's sleep.
458Win has been by a couple times for coffee. Run in to him around town every now and then. He's a great guy and a joy to visit with. I don't know if he'll come back to my house though after I drooled so heavily on his 1910 Mannlicher Schoenauer.
Originally Posted by EdM

Ya!

GWB
I'm sure I did.

First timer...
I think you and I brought up the sun onetime, and then drove home the next morning after a couple hr's sleep.

Yep and a couple of early mornings with Pat eating Doritos as well...
Just two, KC and Colorado Bob. Both are outstanding.
Met a few, some I stay loosely in touch with, others not.....ISAAC, VANimrod(4ager), PUGS, ROOF, Doctor Encore, 7x57 STEVE(RIP) and a couple more that I don't remember their Campfire handles....
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
The women in my family still swoon over ironbender

It happens.

A lot.
2 .come to mind. Both great guys

Sactoller
Chlinstructor

Maybe 1 or 2 others..., Can't remember.
a whole bunch....
A bunch. Can't put a number on it. I was at all of the gatherings at Armijo springs, I think. Two in Arizona, and two in Texas at Ed-two-many-letters. One which included a tornado. smile One at Padre Island that STXhunter had. Had a great time at all of them miles
Not as many as Kent or Miles, but quite a few. I was at 4 Armijo Springs get togethers, 2 at Ed's, and have visited a few at other times. I hate to have to name everyone, because I'm sure I would leave out some. But I can assure you this, everyone of them have been good people and they are welcome at my fire, anytime.
I've met with kennymauser twice, and CowboyBart once to do business, Bigsky and I are good friends. Kenny and bart seem to be fine gentlemen, I have developed a special fondness for kenny.
A few. STX, Doc Rock,Bucktales, Madmooner, Tex n Cal, Colorado1135, Lt.Powell, Gordon, Bobcape, Meddybemps, AKMTNHNTR, DVDegeorge, CCCC, EH76, JMCubic, Kingston, Seafire, Kenneth (sort of), BigJim, AKguide, Mako25(spits), ND Snowman and more...
Hasbeen1945, bought a Kleinguenther 300 Win Mag from me. I wish I hadn’t sold it like a lot of others I’ve had.
© 24hourcampfire