Home
Ammo shortage has me worried, so thinking of hitting the dojo for some last minute, pre civil war II training. I thought karate was the only option but apparently there’s:
Karate. This covers many styles of self-defense involving kicks, punches, and open-handed chops. ...
Jujitsu. Developed in China and Japan, this martial art is a forerunner of both aikido and judo. ...
Aikido. ...
Judo. ...
Hapkido. ...
Kung fu. ...
Capoeira. ...
Krav maga.

WTF?! Any jet li wannabe’s on here for advice ?
I’m thinking the standard break a beer bottle and cut a mother [bleep] style might be the best bet?
The “Crane Kick” is all you need Cobra Kai.
Messican Judo............

.....joo do know whaaat I gaht in my pocket, hombre.
I did one Krav maga class, then the covid hit. The concensus is that you will wind up on the ground.

Gotts to be on your feet for martials to work.
Wax on. Wax off.
Krav Maga. I spent four weeks doing Liaison with the IAF in 1985 (sorry TRH, Bristoe) and they generously put me through their basic course.. It's just nasty but you come to fight and kill..
Jew Jits Zoo
Grab twist pull
Glock 43
Chevy Silverado beats them all
West Virginia ninja - as taught by Diamond Dave
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
I did one Krav maga class, then the covid hit. The concensus is that you will wind up on the ground.

Gotts to be on your feet for martials to work.

Not Jujitsu
A fully loaded magazine.
Originally Posted by jmd025

This peaks my interest....
Originally Posted by Hesp
A fully loaded magazine.

There’s no ammo left. Duh.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by jmd025

This peaks my interest....

YouTube !

https://youtu.be/x2U-ZQMf56I
Where does the Judy chop fall on the spectrum?
The will to kill.
The Five-Point-Palm Exploding-Heart-Technique.
Originally Posted by deflave
Jew Jits Zoo

Hahaha. Winner, winner,...
Knew you would be posting that.

What a great movie.
The dark side of the force
Originally Posted by add
Where does the Judy chop fall on the spectrum?

Personally I’ve always been a fan of the Judy Chop. Old man used to pull it on me for talking during church service.
I'm too damned old for hand to hand and I can't run anymore. 12 gauge.
Heck, all you need to do is sweep the leg and you're golden.
Originally Posted by ringworm
The will to kill.
this, my father always said his E tool was the best weapon at night to kill Japanese sneaking into their lines
Roadhouse is on Netflix. Ripping a guys esophagus out seems fairly effective.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
COLT 45.
FIXT wink
Use those legs - Tae Kwon Do. Bruce even recommended Jeet Kune Do.
EVERY fight starts on the feet
Ends on the ground
BJJ
Beware cauliflower ears
Home boy got it figured out.

Korean Martial arts, been proven in battle, stay on your feet.
I think if you just crap your pants, real loud like, your attacker would just turn and run.

Holler "Jed Clampett" as you twist their nipples......
Originally Posted by 673

How many fights YOU been in that didn’t go to the ground?
Awesome thread, and timely.

Throwing Starfish would work in a pinch.

🥷🦫
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Home boy got it figured out.

THAT WAS FUNNY!
Throwing stars and knives. Reusable and environmentally friendly too so probably not going to be banned real soon. The biggest thing is getting the right gee with badass logo on the back and make sure you wear a black belt for intimidation factor even if you're only a yellow belt.

Learn to shoot a bow too, if you can't then at least carry one for intimidation factor again.

If you want to go above and beyond then make a Zen garden or shrub sculpture. A mini desktop Zen garden or bonsai tree will suffice of need be. Asian Wall art is also helpful.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🥷🦫

You’ve been watching too much spongebob Beav....
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by 673

Quite a few, and Combat Martial arts isn't fighting.
Korean Martial arts is what your veteran's were learning in Vietnam.

🥷🦫

The Tao of the paint bucket.

..5 in 1 to the throat
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Throwing stars and knives. Reusable and environmentally friendly too so probably not going to be banned real soon. The biggest thing is getting the right gee with badass logo on the back and make sure you wear a black belt for intimidation factor even if you're only a yellow belt.

Learn to shoot a bow too, if you can't then at least carry one for intimidation factor again.

If you want to go above and beyond then make a Zen garden or shrub sculpture. A mini desktop Zen garden or bonsai tree will suffice of need be. Asian Wall art is also helpful.

Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Quite a few, and Combat Martial arts isn't fighting.
Korean Martial arts is what your veteran's were learning in Vietnam.

This is a thread about fighting. No need for a Canadian perspective. If we start a thread on hockey or maple syrup we’ll let you know.
Originally Posted by SBTCO

🥷🦫

The Tao of the paint bucket.

..5 in 1 to the throat

THROWING A TAINT IS DIFFICULT TO LEARN GRASSHOPPER!

🥷
Everyone is different
Ruthlessness and good blade skills.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
None of that matters if you get the over the shoulder boner holder put on you....
Originally Posted by tedthorn
None of that matters if you get the over the shoulder boner holder put on you....

Kingston texted me a pic of that. Had no idea what it was called at the time.
Don't they avoid the fight once you say you know martial arts?
Certainly not whatever Clouseau uses, Either version of the Inspector:

[quote=673
Quite a few
[/quote]
I’m sure...
The correct answers are Kenjutsu or HEMA, aka Historical European Martial Arts. If you can't take a gun, take a sword.
A mix of white crane and tiger style...

If I end up hand to hand, I will rely on my many years of high school / college wrestling and coaching HS wrestling. Never had to use a knife or a gun on someone, but I like my chances hand to hand brawling. In the few fights I was in as an adult, my past training did not let me down. But that skill takes many hours and years to be good at.

If it gets really serious, I know how to use my gun, and or knife. If my family is really threatened, I am not going to the mat/ ground first. If serious- I would rather put the other on the ground without touching them.
Twisted Tea.
No one has said numb chucks?
Good grief.....
I vote for the ability to run away FASTER.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

I had a had time believing that EVERYONE was Kung Fu fighting.
Jew Jits Zoo

This fellow loves him some Shrapnel cock but he is not wrong here.

World is a complicated place.

Be able to adapt.
I'm a master in the Poon Tang discipline. Deadly.
Rex Kwon Do
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If I ever meet up with you, I'm gonna fugk you until you love me.

Book it.

LOL
Originally Posted by Hesp
A fully loaded magazine.

There’s no ammo left. Duh.

Nunchucks..........................

MM

Book it.

LOL

Epic

Book it.

LOL

Sex tapes made Kim Kardashian rich!

🦫

This is just the Filipino martial art choreography in a handful of movies to give you an idea of basics.

The typical fma competitions make UFC/MMA comparatively safe sports. Basically No rules and you beat the hell out of each other with ratan clubs as hard as you can. Bones are often broken in the first round.

Then there's the level of real life encounters and spec ops.
I have pa state wrestling in high school and college a s a backgrou.d, I do not frequent bars, but when I do the cauliflower ear holds people at bay, probably the best thing for them. Just sayin
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
I vote for the ability to run away FASTER.

Commonly referred to as Nike Kwon Do.

Book it.

LOL

I know just how you feel.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Was hoping the guy not wearing the mask would prevail.

Oh, well.
He did succeed at voluntarily unmasking the other guy.
Ruthlessness.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The typical fma competitions make UFC/MMA comparatively safe sports. Basically No rules and you beat the hell out of each other with ratan clubs as hard as you can. Bones are often broken in the first round.
I'll vouch for that. [Linked Image]
Best martial arts skill set to have in a fight.

Mixed....
Go to Shivworks site and research his integrated systems if you are serious.

Or you could go to some slappy hamster training.grin

Note my sig line

mike r

Book it.

LOL

Sex tapes made Kim Kardashian rich!

🦫

Now that's just disgusting. KK or FB&Flave.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

Indiana guy. Spent quite a bit of time with him and others in the 80s.

Bill Wallace is first class
Ammo shortage has me worried, so thinking of hitting the dojo for some last minute, pre civil war II training. I thought karate was the only option but apparently there’s:
Karate. This covers many styles of self-defense involving kicks, punches, and open-handed chops. ...
Jujitsu. Developed in China and Japan, this martial art is a forerunner of both aikido and judo. ...
Aikido. ...
Judo. ...
Hapkido. ...
Kung fu. ...
Capoeira. ...
Krav maga.

WTF?! Any jet li wannabe’s on here for advice ?
I’m thinking the standard break a beer bottle and cut a mother [bleep] style might be the best bet?

Moss berg 590 loaded with #4 buck.I can kick anyones ass with that.
Gun Fu

mike r

This is just the Filipino martial art choreography in a handful of movies to give you an idea of basics.

Camper,

The closest you've come to kicking something's ass, was eating a ham sandiwch.

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

Camper,

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

He chipped a tooth so technically the ham sandwich won.
Quart-O-Blood technique...........Only for the true karate man.

In actuality, very few that wrestle through high school end up pussies. Some can’t punch for schit, but most will put you on your head pretty damn quick.
All kinds of karate folk can’t fight their way out of a wet paper sack.
I saw a solid compact good High School wrestler put a known , well respected Black Belt (? Degree ) Karate instructor on his back, and rained down a few Bunkey the Monkey blows to his face in a blink of an eye one night. When he got up the instructors student stepped in. OOPs mistake.
Wrestlers can get messed up as well. The right combination is know how to effectively punch and block and then be able to finish it when it gets to the ground. Northern style Kung Fu and Kempo Karate both stress strikes more than kicks. Dirty boxing with punches, jabs and elbows is cash. In a real fight you want to get low, start with percussion and blocking and then get them off their feet. Most of the best people I know avoid conflicts when they can, but end them quickly if there is no alternative. Setups really do work. I would take a baseball bat over a knife if things got serious every time. Knife fights are the worst and I would rather run my fat ass then to get sliced up by a little filipino who wanted carve me up like a ham. That being said a good reverse or hip lift from a duckunder which is a Greo-Roman wrestling move will end most fights.

I would say that as we get older, we think deadlier and are more likely just to pop a cap into an opponent because ego has left the building. That being said about 6 months ago a dimwit wanted to try to intimidate me at the local Holiday(its what we have up here) in front of his girl. I picked up a can of dinty more beef stew put it right up next to his head in his space and asked him if he was hungry. He left like a coward. It is the cowards that you always have to watch. Weapons of all sorts are good.

If I was living in Lower 48 I would go to Dog Brothers or to Kali/Silat. We can get by getting in close when we are young and fight for long enough to get the right position or situation to win when we are young, quick and limber but as we age we need tools to make up for the loss of cardio VO Max capacity.

Camper,

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

He chipped a tooth so technically the ham sandwich won.

True Jack,

I've had a chipped tooth with less than that.

If you really want to know, ask God if He would send you one or two of the challenges that came after me.
He might just listen. I suggest you drop your hand when you do that.
Crapper = a Bible thumpn' Jack Reacher.
I spent two years going twice a week to training. The best martial art is the one you practice. Practice and conditioning will win most fights and I have been in hundreds. We had to fight every class several times. With that said, some times winning a fight can get you hurt more than loosing. There has only been a couple of fights away from the school and those not trained or practiced commonly hold there breath so all you need to do is defend for about 15 seconds and they're out of gas. If you hear controlled breathing you'll want to consider other options.
Originally Posted by Boise
I spent two years going twice a week to training. The best martial art is the one you practice. Practice and conditioning will win most fights and I have been in hundreds. We had to fight every class several times. With that said, some times winning a fight can get you hurt more than loosing. There has only been a couple of fights away from the school and those not trained or practiced commonly hold there breath so all you need to do is defend for about 15 seconds and they're out of gas. If you hear controlled breathing you'll want to consider other options.

I have to agree. It sounds like you learned well in that investment of hard work.
Most bad guys don't have any training, although they might be strong, desperate and armed. Training takes self discipline and that works to the advantage of the disciplined.....which most thieves and criminals are not.
Even a non combat related sport art can be very effective against an unarmed tough street punk with little skills. Like you said, cardio is extremely important. The younger and multiple opponents have the clear advantage in those cases.
This changes as the numbers increase and the elements of surprise take us off guard. I've never been in a fair fight. The others have always been armed or struck a sucker "punch", etc.
All said and done, the good Lord protected me through it all these years. I'm probably not the only one who can say that.
Lifetime of training in martial arts, meets MMA beat yo ass in the real world.

I like this dude. He enjoys kicking the dog chit out of some of China’s most revered, yet fake martial artists.

🦫

Regardless the fighting style an skill level, above all else you must have a all-in win and end it anyway possible, 'killer', mindset. Just because someone excels in organized, controlled sport combat arts doesn't mean they can do they same outside in a anything-goes street or bar fight.

I watched a black belt karate and kung fu trained guy get walked backwards hopping on one foot up a aisle at work one time by guy that was a known skilled and experienced street brawler. Karate Kung fu guy tried a fancy kick, the street brawler caught his foot and proceeded to push him off balance backwards hopping foolishly on one foot.

Same karate / kungfu guy entered a area tough man contest once and got his butt stomped royally. Several at work went to watch him. They said you could even hear him holler out "Ouch!" and "OW !" when he got hit over the crowd noise.

Real good guy, always does well in organized karate / kungfu events, even teaches it, too, but just can't seem to muster up a 'killer' instinct.
Originally Posted by 673

3 that I can think of. A front or back kick to the bottom of the chin ends chidt quickly. lol
Originally Posted by joken2

Regardless the fighting style an skill level, above all else you must have a all-in win and end it anyway possible, 'killer', mindset. Just because someone excels in organized, controlled sport combat arts doesn't mean they can do they same outside in a anything-goes street or bar fight.

I watched a black belt karate and kung fu trained guy get walked backwards hopping on one foot up a aisle at work one time by guy that was a known skilled and experienced street brawler. Karate Kung fu guy tried a fancy kick, the street brawler caught his foot and proceeded to push him off balance backwards hopping foolishly on one foot.

Same karate / kungfu guy entered a area tough man contest once and got his butt stomped royally. Several at work went to watch him. They said you could even hear him holler out "Ouch!" and "OW !" when he got hit over the crowd noise.

Real good guy, always does well in organized karate / kungfu events, even teaches it, too, but just can't seem to muster up a 'killer' instinct.

Killer instinct, yes this exactly. Then when you have this combined with the proper training you get an elite individual in any type of training.
My army combatives students used to ask me the same question. I told them, in my opinion, if they were to choose one, it should be Russian Sambo.
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by joken2

Killer instinct, yes this exactly. Then when you have this combined with the proper training you get an elite individual in any type of training.

This is exactly right. The training becomes instinct when in a brawl. You don't even know you're using it until after it's ended.
The best technique is avoiding confrontation.

Outside of that...arm bar, knees, elbows, and not being a b itch
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The best technique is avoiding confrontation.

Outside of that...arm bar, knees, elbows, and not being a b itch

Almost all the confrontations I've been in have involved my buddy's getting ganged up on for one reason or another.

Always avoid if possible.

Step in, when needed.
Jack,

If you are serious, I would look around for a martial art school that caters to someone your age and fitness level. That doesn't mean that you have to be in shape. However, the teachers will need to talk with you about your goals, class expectations and will likely require a physical signed off by a doctor attached to the liability waver. If you are obese or a senior citizen, then you might be able to find a Tai Chi class, but this won't get you far.
If you go to some schools, they'll expect you to run laps, and require training similar to military basic to one degree or another. You should call around and pay for a week or two worth of classes, then narrow your choices.
Very few schools get into weapons for a long time.
Wright down your goals, take notes at every class and you'll go much further with less expense invested as you search.

Are you seriously interested in martial arts and developing self defense skills?
Do you live near a big city?
© 24hourcampfire