Home
Posted By: GRIZZ The Marksman - 01/14/21
Movie with Liam Neeson. Trailer looks good. His weapon of choice, a scoped M1A.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
I can't imagine why a "Marksman" would choose a M1A.

& Liam Neeson is friggin' commie.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I can't imagine why a "Marksman" would choose a M1A.

& Liam Neeson is friggin' commie.

Didn't know his politics
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

Watching the trailer sometimes it looks like an M1A1, sometimes its a Ruger Mini 14. Now may have to watch it just to figure out if he actually uses different rifles or if its a continuity error!
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Early in the trailer it is a Mini 14 but near the end of the trailer it shows him briefly with a M1a.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
#1- Liam Neeson is an antigun POS.

#2- It’s called “The Marksman”, not “The Plinker”. Why would he use a Mini 14?? Is he reprising his A-Team role??
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
I just think he’s a terrible actor. Haven’t watched a movie of his in years.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Now that he has had his family members "Taken" in three separate movies, he should make a sequel called "Keep 'em."
Posted By: tpcollins Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by fburgtx
#1- Liam Neeson is an antigun POS.

He’s anti gun but makes his living using guns.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I just think he’s a terrible actor. Haven’t watched a movie of his in years.

Yep. He's one of many in hollyweird who lacks talent, but who the people fawn over.
Posted By: JimFromTN Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
The scene in the trailer where he says I was a marine in that horrible attempt at a texas accent makes it seem like it might be a really stupid movie.
where the hell did they get that ugly hat at? New York or California?
His hat looks as bad as Icky Twerp's on slam bang theater. That's a channel 11 hosted cartoon program for us Boomers who grew up near the Dallas metroplex.

http://patioculture.net/slam_bang.html
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Originally Posted by 1911a1

A feeble attempt by someone who doesn't know sheep sheit from apple butter about anything authentic and it was an epic fail.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
I like him in the movies. He is very effective in his action/adventure roles.

I don't do a political screen on every actor or musician who is on the scene.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Early in the trailer it is a Mini 14 but near the end of the trailer it shows him briefly with a M1a.

Hollywood:
"Well both have an M and a 1....."
Close enough...
Posted By: JimFromTN Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
I like the majority of his movies. I think Rob Roy was his best movie to date. His attempt at southern accents is lacking and he should stay away from them. Next of Kin was another mutilation of the southern dialect.
Posted By: DMc Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
The Marksman
Posted By: 700LH Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21

Liam Neeson
He then added: “There’s too many guns out there. Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300m guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.’”
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
He's another actor who plays basically the same character in every movie. He's welcome to his political beliefs and views on firearms but he is a major hypocrite.

On the one hand, he decries gun ownership but his character on the "Taken" series has "certain skills", mostly those involve vigilante justice by gunning down literally dozens of people in every movie. In the real world his character would have been indicted and imprisoned for multiple, multiple counts of 1st degree murder.

He hates guns and "gun violence" but has made millions and millions of dollars portraying the act of killing people with guns as being something really cool.

That goes for a bunch of other actors as well. The HOLLYWOOD sign on that mountain really should be changed to "HYPOCRITES".

Posted By: MarineHawk Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Well said, Jim. And isn't anti-gun Tom Hanks going to be in some Western vigilante gun justice movie soon?
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: The Marksman - 01/14/21
Neesom certainly seemed comfortable in his role as queer Dr Kinsey.

And that's all I am going to say about that.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: The Marksman - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

A feeble attempt by someone who doesn't know sheep sheit from apple butter about anything authentic and it was an epic fail.

Lol.
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: The Marksman - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

HE'S AN ANTI GUN COMMIE
DO NOT SUPPORT THIS A-HOLE
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The Marksman - 01/15/21
I figure it’s one of those movies where if you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve seen the movie. Widowed rancher on the verge of losing his ranch ends up conveying Mexican orphan across the country while pursued by Cartel. Rancher and kid bond, improbable shootout scene on a farm somewhere up north. Rancher might die heroically I dunno...

Sicario 2 was MUCH better, Mel Gibson’s “Blood Father” was pretty good too....

Posted By: hookeye Re: The Marksman - 01/16/21
Gibson went to crap after Road Warrior.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The Marksman - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
The scene in the trailer where he says I was a marine in that horrible attempt at a texas accent makes it seem like it might be a really stupid movie.

No Marine would ever say that. Once a Marine, always a Marine.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: The Marksman - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Well said, Jim. And isn't anti-gun Tom Hanks going to be in some Western vigilante gun justice movie soon?

Tom Hanks ? That old GAS BAG . Naw, I will skip his lame movie .
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: The Marksman - 01/17/21
Well I saw it. Once again, save your money. Wooden acting, contrived plot, cliched lines. Huge holes in the storyline.

Liam won a Medal of Honor in Vietnam this time around. FWIW after Liam loses his Springfield M1A he switches over to a scoped Mini 14 which a gun store owner in another state after a twenty second conversation agrees to sell to him for cash along with a Beretta 92 without a background check or paperwork, “I’ll just report them stolen” says the guy.

When showing the kid how to use the handgun he hands him the loaded and cocked Beretta mid magazine, nobody wearing hearing protection, and they shoot at cans on a bench with no discernible backstop

Pretty much downhill from there. The dog did remind me a lot of my late great heeler mutt in my avatar.

The dog gets shot.

© 24hourcampfire