Home
Posted By: jnyork A little breezy here in Wyoming - 01/14/21
Authorities have tallied 18 blow-over crashes in southeast Wyoming amid winds that have reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.

Starting Tuesday, Wyoming has been blasted by winds that are high even for a region known for its powerful gusts. Winds in the 60 to 70 mph range have been reported around the state, with gust reaching 100 mph in some instances.

That windy weather has resulted in a string of crashes where gusts toppled high-profile vehicles like semi-trucks.

As of Thursday afternoon, according to the Department of Transportation, the state had recorded:

seven blow-over crashes in Laramie County;
six blow-over crashes in Albany County;
three blow-over crashes in Carbon County; and
two blow-over crashes in the Wheatland area.

High winds were recorded across the state. On Wednesday, the National Weather Service recorded a wind gust of 105 mph near Cheyenne and a 101 mph wind gust near Atlantic City. For comparison, a category 2 hurricane has sustained winds in excess of 96 mph.
Breezy in Wyoming, isn't that redundant?
Wow, thatโ€™s dangerous, we get that during hurricanes sometimes

guess I won't complain about the wind here last night
The Green New Deal will fix all that.
Some of the worst accidents I ever came across out west were from this area. I pulled up on a recent semi rollover many years ago in Wyoming and helped the trucker with clean up. ( It was futile) All produce, I left with as many boxes of jalapenos as I could carry. Grand County , Co. shat green all summer that year!
The wind in western South Dakota at our place is high but not like Wyoming. Goes on until tomorrow afternoon according to the NWS. It feels like it has dropped a bit since three or four hours ago but it is hard to walk anywhere without getting moved sideways.

We lost a storm door. Ripped right off the house
SE Oregon here. Our coast was blasted, but nothing here in our region.
It got pretty bad in North Idaho,power out and some minors trapped underground..

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘
Cue Obligatory Wyo Wind Sock Pic......
Originally Posted by logcutter
It got pretty bad in North Idaho,power out and some minors trapped underground..

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

Who let the kids underground?

Even here where we rarely get much wind.....we had a gust of 36 mph. They can keep that wind down in the southeast! memtb
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

. In Wallace, Idaho, miners at the Galena Mine Complex remained stuck underground for more than 24 hours because of a power outage, KREM reported. A company spokesman said the miners were not in danger and had access to food, fresh air and water.

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘
We had shingles put on our new house build outside Buffalo, WY last week. They will be putting them back on one side now. ๐Ÿ˜’
Seemed like a normal January day to me....
yup, nothing special and maybe keep some of them Greeney Liberal bastards on their side of the line!

Attached picture wind.jpg
Wife read Crosby. N D got 105 winds today. Thatโ€™s breezy even for ND. Edk
I like the wind to blow. Keeps the pussy commies in colradbro.

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

. In Wallace, Idaho, miners at the Galena Mine Complex remained stuck underground for more than 24 hours because of a power outage, KREM reported. A company spokesman said the miners were not in danger and had access to food, fresh air and water.

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

WHOOOOOSHHH..... Right over your head.

Minor miners?
Originally Posted by 65Jeffrey
yup, nothing special and maybe keep some of them Greeney Liberal bastards on their side of the line!

Funny stuff. 116 at Breck today. Beats anything on your list....

Hmm so what keeps all the queers down there.....queers?
https://denver.cbslocal.com/video/5...e-thursday-into-friday-in-summit-county/

10 seconds in.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

They drive north to visit matthew shepard.....

I didn't hear anything about fa g gots driving Subarus...is it the gays that keep them there?
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

They drive north to visit matthew shepard.....

We aren't talking about methamphetamine....
Look, this is obviously Trump's fault since he pulled us out of the Paris Climate Agreement. But all is not lost. Praise Jebus. We are blessed, truly blessed I tells ya, that we will have the Dynamic Environmental Duo of Kamel-Toe Hairass and Basement Biden to lead the country, which will prevent these environmental catastrophes from ever happening again. Hallelujah!
Those windmills will be pumping some serious energy.

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

Jayco ๐Ÿ‘

My buddy was one of them. He said it wasnโ€™t too bad. I was surprised to hear they didnโ€™t have back up generators for the man lifts. Seems crazy. We are still out of power from the wind storm. Going on 48 hours now. Hopefully the next couple days they will catch up.
Around this area the wind blows a lot and in my time here i have seen winds over 70 mph.

Even a steady wind of 40+mph will drive you crazy when it lasts day and night for days on end.

We have been lucky the last few years because the power has not failed but 2 times.

Longest was 8 hours.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Almost as much as Saint Floyd while high AF on many different controlled substances
I hunt outside of Wheatland. Iโ€™d never had to aim off an animal when trying to shoot it until the first year I hunted antelope there. My FIL shot an antelope on the last day with my rifle at about 250 yards. He said, โ€œWhere the hell do I aim in wind like this?โ€ I was like, I donโ€™t know, but try to shoot dead center of its hips. The elevation was perfect, but the bullet hit just in front of its shoulders. Luckily it dropped at the shot. I think he was as surprised as we all were that he even connected.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Authorities have tallied 18 blow-over crashes in southeast Wyoming amid winds that have reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.

Starting Tuesday, Wyoming has been blasted by winds that are high even for a region known for its powerful gusts. Winds in the 60 to 70 mph range have been reported around the state, with gust reaching 100 mph in some instances.

That windy weather has resulted in a string of crashes where gusts toppled high-profile vehicles like semi-trucks.

As of Thursday afternoon, according to the Department of Transportation, the state had recorded:

seven blow-over crashes in Laramie County;
six blow-over crashes in Albany County;
three blow-over crashes in Carbon County; and
two blow-over crashes in the Wheatland area.

High winds were recorded across the state. On Wednesday, the National Weather Service recorded a wind gust of 105 mph near Cheyenne and a 101 mph wind gust near Atlantic City. For comparison, a category 2 hurricane has sustained winds in excess of 96 mph.

Sounds like Aleutian Hell without the infernal marine climate.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

You mean the loggers chain?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

And sending it to Utah, Nevada & Commiefornia.
Was a bit breezy.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

OK, here it is

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
We typically don't get too much wind to speak of here in Western Montana although it seems like we've had more wind these past few years than normal. Yesterday was an anomaly as they reported 125 mph gust on the west face of Mt Sentinel in Missoula.
https://www.mtpr.org/post/record-breaking-winds-knock-out-power-thousands-montana

I dropped my RZR off at the dealership in Hamilton the other day for a recall. When they called today my first thought was that they had it ready for me to pick up but instead they called to inform me that a new Ski-Doo sled still in a crate blew off the top of the stack during the high winds and landed on a Ranger and my RZR. Sounds like minor damages to the RZR but they asked if I could stop by when I get a chance to check it out.
That's some serious chit
Wind blew nonstop the last two days in Rock Springs. Just died down about two hours ago.
ยฉ 24hourcampfire