Home

https://landreport.com/2021/01/bill-gates-americas-top-farmland-owner/

[Linked Image from landreport.com]
He owns nothing in the states I'm in.
We have single cow pastures bigger than that in SE Oregon. Largest I ever worked in was 366 square miles.
His real first name?

Dick
Originally Posted by 1minute
We have single cow pastures bigger than that in SE Oregon. Largest I ever worked in was 366 square miles.

ZX ?
Originally Posted by 1minute

He seems to target high quality tillable soil.
His holdings are 420 square miles.
Somewhere on one of them farms is a metal building, inside is Sally Struthers. Chowing on Cheesy Poofs
Great places for re-education camps?

Osky
Can’t blame him, still pizzes me off though wish the nerdy phouc was buried under some of it
Think of the deer hunting you could do with 420 square miles.

Wonder what's so special with that one acre in NM?
He's a man of the soil. You can tell.
He is pure evil. Good thing is eventually he'll meet his maker. Ive got a feeling it won't go so well for him.
Apparently ranching isn't "farming"... The King Ranch has +900K acres. Ted Turner has around 2M acres much of which is grazing land...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Apparently ranching isn't "farming"... The King Ranch has +900K acres. Ted Turner has around 2M acres much of which is grazing land...

Id say crop ground v pasture land
Originally Posted by aalf

LOL
He ain't in TX so that makes me happy. Screw that nerdy looking prick
Originally Posted by OldHat
Think of the deer hunting you could do with 420 square miles.

Meh, go broke filling corn feeders
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, he should be planted.
Didn't know Arizona had 25,000 acres of farmland - bet he bought those properties for the water rights.

On the topic of what constitutes a large farm or ranch in different parts of the country, there's a reason a large rice/soybean farm in the Arkansas Delta region is a few thousand acres and decent sized ranches in many parts of Texas are in the 10,000-20,000 acre range - rainfall and productivity of the soil. Takes a lot more acres to support a head of cattle in south or west Texas and other areas of the arid west than it does a lot of other places.

In some places 40 to 100 acres was enough to support a farming family while you'd need over a thousand acres elsewhere to graze enough cattle to support the same size family.

Wasn't Microsoft founded in Albuquerque?
Mormon church owns over a million acres last I heard. Most of it farmland.

Lots of money in religion...
Originally Posted by slumlord
Somewhere on one of them farms is a metal building, inside is Sally Struthers. Chowing on Cheesy Poofs

BAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, he should be planted.

Gonna mess up the dirt.
While that's a lot of acres to you or me, that's not a lot of acres when compared to other large land holders. Matter of fact, doesn't even make the top 20.

https://modernfarmer.com/2013/10/americas-top-100-land-owners/
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

Wasn't Microsoft founded in Albuquerque?

Seattle.
In 2008 I worked in Albuquerque on the Eclipse aircraft that was developed with Microsoft money.

I spent 2 weeks in that terrible town. Bars on the windows. High desert air dried out my eyeballs getting a jet engine to start.

Some of my wife's relatives lived there in a gated community... to escape the crime.

If you think AZ is warm, go to Phoenix. When the plane stops there it is warm.
Dude wants to reduce the population.

What could possible go wrong?
Originally Posted by OldHat

LOL

Hey, I can tell folks that my land holdings in Oregon, are equal to Bill Gates land holdings in New Mexico.....
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Id say crop ground v pasture land

Yeah. I figured that was where they were going. Just get frustrated with the ignorance of the media...
For crying out loud.
Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't know that gates was buying up our land AND Economy.

I wonder if china is still buying up all the farms they can?

Any offers lately?

Ted Turner says "Hold my beer....". Hell just in New Mexico, he owns over 600,000 acres. I hunt some of it.
Originally Posted by Dutch
While that's a lot of acres to you or me, that's not a lot of acres when compared to other large land holders. Matter of fact, doesn't even make the top 20.

That list is old. Kroenke has since bought the Waggoner Ranch which would have jumped him up quite a ways.

I know the Waggoner was listed for approximately 3/4 of a billion dollars. Kroenke also owns a couple ranches in the interior of BC that are pretty substantial and damn impressive country. A former girlfriend's family owned one of them. That southern interior BC is incredible ranch country.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Ted Turner says "Hold my beer....". Hell just in New Mexico, he owns over 600,000 acres. I hunt some of it.

Something like 640,000+ acres to be exact. I hunt some of it too. Trying to decide right now whether I want to book a hunt or not.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by Dutch

True that. The gentleman we sold our meager 2500 acre ranch to is #3 on the list with 1,860,000 acres.
© 24hourcampfire