Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
I know most of you here on the fire have more hair in your ears than on your head, but for those of us with hair remaining on our heads, what kind of shampoo, conditioner and product do you use? Do you just wash and go?
Dial soap
Posted By: hanco Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Whatever Wifey buys
Glycerin, or pine tar soap, same as I shower with.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Glycerin, or pine tar soap, same as I shower with.

I use whatever soap or bodywash is closest when I was my mane.
PaulBarnard: I have a regimen that has suited me very well for half a century now.
Got these tips (directives!) from a relative who studied and dealt with scalps and hair for all their life.
Secret #1: Use very mild shampoo (no selsin blue type acidic stuff!)!
Secret #2: Wet hair, lather with mild shampoo for 6 (six!) seconds only!
Secret #3: Rinse (and lather water!) with "luke warm" water only - rinse for ten seconds only!
Secret #4: Towel dry (no heat guns!)!
Try it for a month - you'll like it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Remsen Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I know most of you here on the fire have more hair in your ears than on your head, but for those of us with hair remaining on our heads, what kind of shampoo, conditioner and product do you use? Do you just wash and go?

Not quite a responsive response, but this pretty much renders the qualification of "those with hair" irrelevant. I use this right before I grab the pocket fisherman on a weekend.

Shaving cream.
I have a full head of hair and owe it to a a life long habit of carefully screening the products I use.

When shopping I look for one particular thing on the label - it has to say "shampoo".

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
PaulBarnard: I have a regimen that has suited me very well for half a century now.
Got these tips (directives!) from a relative who studied and dealt with scalps and hair for all their life.
Secret #3: Rinse (and lather water!) with "luke warm" water only - rinse for ten seconds only!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Very insightful

The secrets revealed!!!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by Remsen

Not quite a responsive response, but this pretty much renders the qualification of "those with hair" irrelevant. I use this right before I grab the pocket fisherman on a weekend.

Big, giant Thumbs UP icon for you buddy,
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Very insightful
The secrets revealed!!!

Worth what ya paid for it!

(wait for it). šŸ˜‰
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Remsen

Big, giant Thumbs UP icon for you buddy,

Rudy G loves dat sheeit
Originally Posted by ironbender
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Very insightful
The secrets revealed!!!

Worth what ya paid for it!

(wait for it). šŸ˜‰

Heā€™s gonna call scumwad or scumlord or scumload a new one.

lol
Alberto VO5 shampoo. Get it for a buck a bottle at the Dollar tree when I make one of my occasional trips in there.
Equate dandruff shampoo, half price of head and shoulders.
Soak it in hydrogen peroxide for 15 minutes for that deep clean feeling.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Dilute the shampoo 10:1
Posted By: pahick Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Irish Spring head to toe
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Same thing as with clothes: use very, very little soap and rinse thoroughly
My hair looks better if I donā€™t wash it for several days.

If I didnt have to jerk off in the shower every day, Iā€™d only wash it oncā€™d a week.
What ever they have on sale at the dollar genital . Suave I think .
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
What ever they have on sale at the dollar genital . Suave I think .

Boba Fett bottle

Call ahead

Book it
My hair looks better if I donā€™t wash it for several days.

If I didnt have to jerk off in the shower every day, Iā€™d only wash it oncā€™d a week.

Mix it up and whack off in the tool shed every now and then!
Posted By: Etoh Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
If your interested.

most of the hair loss in males, sometimes referred to as male pattern baldness, has several causes. (younger males are showing baldness)

1) consuming less amounts of iodine (as in added to salt or eating kelp) levothyroxine is essential in hair growth and without high levels or even so called average acts.

2) not getting any selenium in the diet. Selsun which is short for selenium sulfide + n on the end, is an absorbable source. Selenium is a co-factor in the enzyme that converts T4 to T3 in the hair cell, T3 is the active drug.
it also works as a free radical scavenger in the thyroid gland buts thats another topic.

The problem with all shampoos is too many sulfate, sulfonate, sulfureas, Lauryl is the fatty part of the molecule that dissolves the oils in the hair, and the sulfate part makes it water soluble.

Its causes the white hair on old folks to go yellow. (from the sulfur)

Shampoos that are made, with no sulfates, from teas and other stuff can we purchased at most discount drug counters in a generic brand

What slumlord gets from long showers is not the generic equivalent of Dial.
I blame my hair loose on stress.

And the stress was enhanced by being low on which metabolic hormone?
LONG story.
LONG story.

let me start from the other side of the chicken and egg answer

why do a lot of folks, under a lot of stress , do not have hair loss?
Good question.
2-in-1 body wash / shampoo.

Make life simple.

Fart into the Wild.
Bigdave.
Dove Plus for Men. I use their shampoo, body wash, and deodorant. I find them excellent for my near-fossil dry skin and my full head of silver hair. When I want to clean my eyes (which is important) I use Johnson Baby Shampoo. The latter also softens my beard for shaving quite nicely.

Otherwise, the suggestions to use only a little and rinse well are valid.
Posted By: add Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/16/21
Ghey thread
Originally Posted by add
Ghey thread

Parody spin off of a truly gay thread.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ew/1/those-with-beards-beard-care#UNREAD

Spina Organics, It's a dog/puppy shampoo the Mrs gets at the feed store . no sulfates.
I've been using a special volumizing conditioner on mine lately. Drives the chicks crazy!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I've been using a special volumizing conditioner on mine lately. Drives the chicks crazy!

Pretty young ladies with you there Hawk. Sisters?
First one's my fiance. Second one I was dating when I met my fiance. All happened in May/June. Divorce was final in April. Engaged in August. Online dating is a hoot if you can type, speak, are funny, have a decent job, and are in good shape.
Main thing, though, was the volumizing conditioner I used. You can see how well it worked!
I know most of you here on the fire have more hair in your ears than on your head, but for those of us with hair remaining on our heads, what kind of shampoo, conditioner and product do you use? Do you just wash and go? This is my morning regimen.

crazy laugh laugh
I'm 73 with the kind of thick hair women envy. I use Mane & Tail shampoo I've always had on hand here from when I had horses. I still get a couple bottles at a time from the local livestock supply.

Can't beat it, IMO.

Posted By: kwg020 Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by hanco
Whatever Wifey buys

My wife is a hair dresser. I use what she brings home.

kwg
King of a pain when I used to have real hair, having to go to the barber every so often:

Now, I just pull out the clippers every couple of weeks or so.
Originally Posted by Etoh

And the stress was enhanced by being low on which metabolic hormone?

Bourbon.

VarmintGuy

This threadā€™s been amusing but the words of wisdom from a scalp-ologist CANNOT be overlooked nor should his friendā€™s devotion to his friends scalp routine.

I used to use turpentine but not anymore...nope....just a 6 second scrub with a mild shampoo and a wire brush.

Cā€™mon man.
Piss into the wind.
Sheesh
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm 73 with the kind of thick hair women envy. I use Mane & Tail shampoo I've always had on hand here from when I had horses. I still get a couple bottles at a time from the local livestock supply.

Can't beat it, IMO.

Youā€™re gonna be a catch someday.

The first few weeks in the nursing home will likely be hedonistic blur.... šŸ˜
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/17/21
Getting awfully personal around here.

I use some sort of hippy crap with pine shale oil (not a tar).

keeps the dandruff/seborrhea stuff at bay.

Probably kills lice and ticks too, and make my long hair and beard look BEAUTIFUL!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/17/21
Really, what you eat and drink has a lot more to do with the quality and condition of your hair than what you wash it with (within reason.) The big killer for hair (and skin) quality and health is smoking. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and the little capillaries that are the last step in feeding your skin and hair are the first to become almost useless. It seems more noticeable with women, maybe because we (and they) pay more attention to their appearance. Look at a woman who smokes, by the time they're in their thirties it starts to show. They can dose the skin and hair with moisturizers and oils, but that's all superficial and temporary, contrary to what the cosmetic companies pay huge money to convince them of. You can't fix skin and hair quality from the outside. A good example is my MIL and her sister. They are close in age and almost like twins. The only difference is my MIL doesn't smoke and her sister always did. My MIL still has healthy, good looking skin at 78. Her sister's face looks like a Halloween mask with all the wrinkles. Think about it. Pay attention to the skin and hair of women who smoke vs the ones who don't.
And you wear high heels donā€™t you!
So many metrosexuals here!
Posted By: Starman Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/17/21
Oatmeal dog shampoo... Or. one of those
Brewed beer shampoos... laugh
Mixing a few drops of rosemary oil in your shampoo and letting it soak on your head a couple of minutes is supposed to help you keep what hair you got. Maybe even help regrow hair if you lost it recently...
Thank me later.

Posted By: Starman Re: Those With Hair: Hair Care - 01/17/21

Scotch
© 24hourcampfire