Home
Posted By: luv2safari The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Just moving hurts too much, and climbing mountains is nearly impossible. My grandson has grown to the age when kids try to be adults and go their way with their friends. So, it's time.

I will be selling 90% of my guns soon, along with a '95 Jeep YJ with goodies, a 4X4 2005 Chev Z71 1/2 ton extended cab with Leer top, a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, a 2007 Polaris X2 500, and a bunch of reloading components.

I'll gather it all up and inventory everything, no small job, and consign everything to an auction house.

I'll also be selling a 1991 Bayliner 2002 Trophy in good condition with full helm canvass and isinglass.

I'll be posting what and where the sale is in about 4-6 weeks. There is everything from 22 cal klunkers to nice combination guns.

No Regrets. It's been a great run. wink
Posted By: 1sgLunde Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Hang in there Safari !I've had good run too but planning on keep on running.
Posted By: irfubar Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Damn.... best wishes going forward
Posted By: Gus Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
dude had a personal gun auction rome ga. not too long ago. good stuff. he'd had enough,.

i see that time approaching in my life too. one grandson. he can't shoot all the time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
No!

Geeze...thats terrible news.

Good luck. Glad you have a good attitude about it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
I’d start opiates first
Posted By: flintlocke Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Daughter started her nursing career in old folks homes...broke her heart to see salty old guys just sapped of the will to do anything by unremitting pain grinding them down. We're all headed there. Nobody gets outta here alive.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Just moving hurts too much, and climbing mountains is nearly impossible. My grandson has grown to the age when kids try to be adults and go their way with their friends. So, it's time.

I will be selling 90% of my guns soon, along with a '95 Jeep YJ with goodies, a 4X4 2005 Chev Z71 1/2 ton extended cab with Leer top, a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO, a 2007 Polaris X2 500, and a bunch of reloading components.

I'll gather it all up and inventory everything, no small job, and consign everything to an auction house.

I'll also be selling a 1991 Bayliner 2002 Trophy in good condition with full helm canvass and isinglass.

I'll be posting what and where the sale is in about 4-6 weeks. There is everything from 22 cal klunkers to nice combination guns.

No Regrets. It's been a great run. wink

Good luck with it, Amigo.

The time will come for all of us lucky enough to have lived up to that point in time.

Make your memories now.
Posted By: szihn Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
If that's your choice maybe you ought to list the guns and prices here first. Let the members buy what they want and/or can afford.
After about 3 months of offering them here, then list everything with a auction house.

I for one have all the guns I'd want and have sold off quite a few myself, so I would probably not need any and it's very doubtful I would have any money to buy anyway, but there are members here that can and maybe would buy what you offer.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Godspeed.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by szihn
If that's your choice maybe you ought to list the guns and prices here first. Let the members buy what they want and/or can afford.
After about 3 months of offering them here, then list everything with a auction house.

I for one have all the guns I'd want and have sold off quite a few myself, so I would probably not need any and it's very doubtful I would have any money to buy anyway, but there are members here that can and maybe would buy what you offer.

I'd have to buy 5-6 dozen shipping boxes and packing material, a mile of tape, a postage scale, clear out a room to use as a packing & shipping room, and deal with shippers, overdue shipments, tire kickers and chiselers, inventory control, and work I don't want to do.

I will post what will be auctioned and give honest full descriptions, and where and how to get to the auction site.

Hell, man...I'm retired. wink
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
A family friend said once, "You never know how the other guy feels".

The best of all things to you!
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Sent you a PM, L2S. (not an offer to buy stuff)
Posted By: copperking81 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Lawn care and liquidating my estate. Only reasons I had kids.
Posted By: AKduck Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
No regrets is better than most can hope for.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Good luck. You have some awesome stuff and I’ll be in line to try and get my hands on one of them. Now it’s off to list a few guns of mine to sell so I can buy something really nice from you.
Posted By: 16bore Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
It’s just stuff. Nothing more.
Posted By: gunzo Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
I'd fly commercial or ride a hounddog for a low miles 2005 Silverado, especially from an arid location.

Please keep me posted.

PM sent
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Well I imagine it's a good market point.
Sorry to lose you
Posted By: Irving_D Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
If you need a new son or grandson to go on adventures with, I'd be happy to shoulder the load
Posted By: add Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
The dog(s)?
Posted By: Irving_D Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
I'd be interested in the boat and Silverado
Posted By: slumlord Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by add
The dog(s)?

What breed?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by add
The dog(s)?

What breed?

Griff I believe.
Posted By: Brazos Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
"No Regrets. It's been a great run."

Class!
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
As the norm, time to derail this thread for a bit.... eek

Since everyone is buying, I have a 6” S&W 48-4 and an 8” 29-2 that’ll be going down the road. Probably a 760 in .35 with (3) mags which are marked .35 rem Those mags are damned near unicorns. Also sending a win 62A. Whatever I get from the sale of those I’m reinvesting in a nice drilling or combo gun.

L2S- make sure you stay around after you sell. Your knowledge is needed in the drilling subforum.
Originally Posted by add
The dog(s)?

I asked them. They say the food's too good, and the sofa is Just Right, sorry.
Originally Posted by Irving_D
If you need a new son or grandson to go on adventures with, I'd be happy to shoulder the load

PM with an application sent.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by Irving_D

PM with an application sent.

Seriously, not much can be done about aches pains and aging, we are all headed that way, but there lots of folks out there that could use a good mentor to give them a balance in their life.
Wish you the best
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Damn. That's a tough decision to make. I wish you the best in your future endeavors, L2S. I plan on passing down the whole mess to my kids. Hopefully at least one of them will get into casting and reloading.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’d start opiates first
No shixt. Dope me up doc.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Does the Fire not remember who this guy is?
Posted By: 280shooter Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Sad to hear, but understood. I have an Uncle who has done that. I bought him a Ruger precision .22 and he has been having a ball with it. Keep a few around.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Do you remember who he is? Or have you perhaps mistaken him for Safariman?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Love2Safari ain't safariman. Not at all. Love2safari is an okay dude.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
That's a crying shame, but I feel it creeping up on me, too.

Thanks for taking me out to your favorite quail spot many years ago - not many hunters would give up their secret spots so easily, and then on top of that volunteer to climb the high ground to flush birds to the other hunter!

I truly appreciated your kindness.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21

Take your Prevagin Boomer.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
LOL
Posted By: splattermatic Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
God speed brother, God speed.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21

They say your memory is the second thing to go. Can you remember what the first was?
Originally Posted by add
The dog(s)?

Well, dammit ennaways.

Good luck brother.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
L2S, it happens to the best of us. I may be 10 years or so behind you but I've noticed it creeping up.
Good luck and Godspeed.
If that Jeep was a TJ I'd drive up there to take it off your hands.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
I feel the same each week but have a son and grandson who will inherit everything.

I spend most of my spare time working with the Boy Scouts now......teaching and sharing what I have learned in the woods and on the water.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
What about ammo???
And offering it here in the interim???
Aint really gotta deal with much shipping that.
UPS....

You got any 30- 06?
8x 57???
.22 lr???
Posted By: lastround Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
That time is creeping up on a lot of us, L2S. I hope the best for you in whatever you can enjoy.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Bruce,

good luck in your future endeavors. I am bummed we could never manage a hunt together here or over in NV, especially one over those wonderful pups.

I'll be trying to keep my eye open for your notice of the auction. I could use a .22 and maybe some of your reloading stuff depending on what's there.

Do you think the auction house will be local to you or a National one.

Again, best wishes.

Geno
Posted By: EdM Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Posted By: P_Weed Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Oh crap, my deepest apologies. Best of luck transitioning to the mostly just reflecting on the memories already made while watching the younger folks carry on making their own.

Really glad I held back what I was really thinking..... (icon of Homer Simpson slapping his head while saying "Doh! ")....
Posted By: Dutch Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by add
The dog(s)?

Classy, Bruce, classy. Good thing, too, or I'd have to come correct your ways... wink

There are seasons in life. Enjoy every one to the fullest.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

They say your memory is the second thing to go. Can you remember what the first was?

Yeah, but what kind of dog is that??
confused
Posted By: Huntz Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Best wishes.I am not too far from that point in life myself.I don`t like to think about it.

Oh crap, my deepest apologies. Best of luck transitioning to the mostly just reflecting on the memories already made while watching the younger folks carry on making their own.

Really glad I held back what I was really thinking..... (icon of Homer Simpson slapping his head while saying "Doh! ")....

Hey, yah better. I wuz about ta send Momo and da boyz out after youz.

Hey, yah better. I wuz about ta send Momo and da boyz out after youz.

No harm, no foul. I get fallout from our similar handles sometimes, and BTW, I want to talk to you about some annuities and investments. whistle whistle grin
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: The Time Has Come - 01/17/21
Sorry to hear this, Bruce. On the other hand you seem to be uncommonly well grounded. (Intended as a compliment.)

Onward and upward, other than mountains.

Best wishes.
© 24hourcampfire