Home
I have the day off. Anybody else get this important holiday???
Not me, my boss is a dick
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Lol, you should kick that basturd in the nutz!
Being retired, it's just another day. I'll probably go to KFC, then run by Walmart and see if they have any watermelons or chitlins in stock, then stop off at the 7-11 and pick up a red Slurpee. After that, I'll sing "We Shall Overcome" and go out and incite a riot. That'd make ole Martin Looter happy.
Working.

The place is a for profit operation.

Not a gub’ment operation.
Martin Luther Koon day? Never had it off when I was working.

yep.......I'm off today grin

but sure as hell not goin' to KFC or the McRib joint
When I worked for GP, I made sure I always worked the 3rd Monday of January and took off January 19th. It took a few years for someone to figure it out, and a couple of white fellows started doing the same. The blacks never figured it out.
At the time I retired, no private company around here gave MLK day off. A few blacks asked us about this and we told them they could take a day of vacation.

All the government loafers got the day off.

I consider it an affront to pay so much attention to MLK and not even have a holiday for Washington's or Lincoln's birthdays. MLK accomplished a lot for the country, even though current black leaders have repudiated most of what he taught, but he does not rise to the stature of Washington or Lincoln.

"President's Day?" Bah!
Nope.
Yeah, being a government mule but it ain’t free, we labor on Labor Day...
Nope
Off today and from what I understand, juneteenth as well whenever that is.

Will probably spend these days like many others, wishing we had picked our own cotton.
Yep.
Originally Posted by Oldman3
When I worked for GP, I made sure I always worked the 3rd Monday of January and took off January 19th. It took a few years for someone to figure it out, and a couple of white fellows started doing the same. The blacks never figured it out.

Yep, same here.
Sitting at home right now but this isn’t a holiday the company recognizes. They are taking a percentage of pay and in return gave us a few paid days off. This covid crap sucks.
The moocows still like to eat, an' drink! laugh
After all of the 2020 riots and blm garbage my “woke” employer decided to take away 8 hrs of my vacation time and “give it back to me” in the form of 2x time for working mlk day. Virtue signaling at its finest.
No mail, no bills! laugh
My wife does commercial insurance from home and gets the day off.

I'd have 670 head of grouchy Black Angus if we took the day off, can't let that happen!
What’s a day off?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Working.

The place is a for profit operation.

Not a gub’ment operation.

Yep.
I teach HS so I have it off. Going to go coyote hunting later on.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The moocows still like to eat, an' drink! laugh

They are sure taking up my day today too.

Moving, unloading and stacking two 18 wheeler loads of round bale hay.

Feed the cattle, check on cubes I have ordered... feed the other cows. Feed the deer.

Alas, no holiday here. But I wouldn't trade it. smile
Off today. May hit a couple LGS in honor of the day.
It's Remington 760 day???
Lots of cats up in maine use em for deer.
Sales mighta gained in popularity afterwards for some reason..

Dunno......
Not a Remington fan.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
My wife does commercial insurance from home and gets the day off.

I'd have 670 head of grouchy Black Angus if we took the day off, can't let that happen!

Take care of those moo moo,s.

I like burgers from alot of places.

Signed:
End product consumer!!!
grin
Johns Manville never sleeps
Got a job running the brush mulcher on the excavator for a few days and scheduled it ahead for today. Holidays mean nothing when you're self employed or ranching. Just another day that schit needs to get done.
Working at time and a half. Without admin....so a double win.
I would imagine that the right thing to do if a person has the day off would be to go in and work anyway.
I have the day off but then I have every day off...
Negative on the day off.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Johns Manville never sleeps

Do they still make asbestos products? I’m a certified asbestos worker. My employer sent a bunch of us to classes in the early 90’s. The Johns Manville name came up a lot. I’ve never removed any asbestos. The biggest thing I learned from classes is not to fuuck with it.
Originally Posted by hanco
[quote=slumlord]Johns Manville never sleeps

Do they still make asbestos products?

Are they still into mining? As in Stillwater Mine?
Martin Luther day for some is usually end of October and not a holiday. MLK day, is only valid around here if one desires to to government sheisse, empty trash or go to the bank.
I like my 760 just fine (sorry Ren, they are cool rigs, esp in .35 rem).
I'm off and about to go shooting with my son, who doesn't have school.
No day off or time and a half for this TOKEN holiday.
They used to make me scrape asbestos after school during detention
Only reason I have the day off is the county is closed and I am waiting for an inspection, didn't even know till this morning. Was an easy day anyway, pour a foundation after inspection, now it's tomorrow.

Kent
Originally Posted by hookeye
I like my 760 just fine (sorry Ren, they are cool rigs, esp in .35 rem).

👍👍👍
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Lol, you should kick that basturd in the nutz!

Tell him he is Racist.
Sort of but not really. Monday night for Tuesday has been my regular day of for twenty years now.
I remind every democRAT I can run into every MLK Birthday....

he wasn't a democRAT he was a Republican....

The look of disbelief on their face? Priceless...
We are closed on Mondays, I told the fellas on Saturday that we weren't gonna work Monday in honor of Robert E Lee. 😁
© 24hourcampfire