Home
Posted By: Irving_D Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
If there is something on tv that interests my dog he will sit down for 15 20 minutes watching the tv, he is a character
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Yes, Momma's little lap dog will watch occasionally when a dog, a small child, or another interesting critter is on TV. She has little use for adult humans on the screen.

It is disconcerting when the little mutt starts barking from two rooms away because she heard a dog bark, a puppy whimper, or a knock on a door from the TV.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Our dog Sam, that we had to put down back in October, watched tv. If it was something that had animals on it, he'd sit and watch it for a while. Our golden retriever, he doesn't even acknowledge the tv.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
They might. If we let them in.......and if we had TV that is.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Yes Coco watches TV quite a bit.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Ares is staring at a whitetail buck on the screen but he will watch just about anything. Fortunately he only watches and doesn't bark at the tv
Posted By: Gregor Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My sister's Shar Pei, Pudgie, would watch TV and bark at it when he saw an animal he didn't like or during a crime drama if the bad guy was sneaking up on someone, LOL. Really got into it.
Posted By: savatage Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Our Golden Retriever Remington , we called him "Remi" was 13 years old when I put him down.
One of my saddest days to date.He was 13 yrs old, and not only had quite an understanding of the english language/quite the vocabulary . He would watch the predator-hunting shows with me.
He was a hoot to watch with all his vocals and body movements .He would know what we were watching by the hunters predator calls . Thanks for the thread pal, great memories of my old friend Remi .
Posted By: hanco Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Don’t have a dog, but Wifey does.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Had dogs all my life. Not one showed any interest in tv watching. Would have been fun if they did.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Mine are too busy outside dismantling a road kill cat they found.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Our Kooikerhondje will watch TV and raise hell when she sees a dog moving on the TV. Gets the Black Russian upset and she has to come over and bark her opinion..
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Only the one year old pup shows any interest, mostly when a critter makes a noise. Only lasts a few seconds, then he's back being a puppy................Oh look, a bird went by the window.
Posted By: memtb Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21

We have one that does......never misses an animal on the screen! Another, could care less! memtb
My female lab used to watch Pitbulls and Parolees with me.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Our Kooikerhondje will watch TV and raise hell when she sees a dog moving on the TV. Gets the Black Russian upset and she has to come over and bark her opinion..

Now, there's a couple of breeds that combined would make a good "designer dog" ....................................NOT!

There's a whole lot of folks don't know what one of those breeds is, much less both of them.
Originally Posted by slumlord

She like them gals with all the tats too?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My lab used to at times. Once a closeup of a big grizzly appeared on the screen and that really got his attention, enough to make him go from laying on the couch to sitting up and staring wide-eyed at the tv. Football seemed to get his attention too.

Not sure all dogs can make sense of the images. Familiar sounds like doorbells or geese calling get them every time.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

You talkin' about "Mutts & Sluts"?
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Both our lab and GSP watch TV when there’s animal shows or scenes. Usually the TV has to bark or squeal to grab their attention but it’s funny to watch their expressions.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Yes indeed, I do like the unusual. Neither however are a "designer" breed. The Black Russian was/is the Red Army's guard dog. The Kooikerhondje is the foundation breed for the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling retriever. Kooike is up to 40+ ground squirrels now, Layla is not a dog one would want to challenge.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Cookie used to at times.
Animal type stuff making noises would get his attention.

Rico and Blackjack never seen em do it.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Had a Labrador/English setter cross that watched every damn show that had either dogs or birds involved. Would "sit" when somebody on the TV said it.

Other dogs (around a dozen) haven't been too interested.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Ares is staring at a whitetail buck on the screen but he will watch just about anything. Fortunately he only watches and doesn't bark at the tv

Mine barks at the dogs and certain animals, she really hates the wolves and coyotes, bears seem to intrigue her.
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
No but if she hears a wolf or coyote howl off the tv she gets pretty dang agitated.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Would "sit" when somebody on the TV said it.

😂😎
Posted By: Limomaker Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Sons dog doesn't watch, but he will go to the fridge and get a beer for you. Still working on getting him to shut the door back, one step to many I guess.
Posted By: 375Taylor Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
A friend had a golden that would watch tv. If you changed the channel he would get pissed off and spin his swivel chair around and look out the window and pout. It was priceless!

I had an English pointer that loved bird hunting shows, she would go look in the other room if the pheasant flew off the screen. That dog would hunt until it’s paws were bloody stumps. R.I.P. Kitty. Yep that was her name and it somehow fit(I didn't name her).
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Yes, shepherd loves deer hunting.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My two will come into the living room if they hear dogs barking on the TV.They will sit in front of the TV and bark back until the TV dogs stop.They always get the last bark in.....................................................
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Mine does on occasion but most days he finds it more interesting to sit by the door and watch the world go by. Smart dog !
Posted By: hookeye Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My cats attack deer, ducks and geese during hunting shows.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: AZmark Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Hey OP.......Do you fight over the remote??
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Our pooh retriever watched TV whenever horses were on. She loved westerns. She wouldn't watch anything unless a horse came on and then she was glued to the TV. I don't know why. We don't have horses.

Bb
My pug loves Blue Planet. She’ll watch that, and Dancing with the Stars for hours.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My dog is more into YouTube, he digs the old Lassie shows.
If I ever fall in a well I'm sure he's gonna run around barking a lot.

I was trying to get him to catch frisbees, he'd chase them, even let them hit him in the head but he wouldn't catch.

We were both laying in bed one night surfin' YouTube when I came across this video titled Frisee Dogs, it was 30 minutes of nonstop video of dogs catching frisbees.
When I booted it up the dog got as close to the screen as he could and watched every minute of it.

From that point forward he's caught every frisbee I've thrown to him.
He just didn't know what I wanted him to do.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Squirrel vid....cat more interested In ones coming into and leaving frame.

Went behind TV looking for em
Posted By: Gibby Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My GSDs would if I could get them off the computer.

They do like to read books.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Finn the Wonderdog! LOL
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Actually, my Mini Pin, HRH Princess Cocoa Bean's has little use for TV......but my Rat Terrier, Chance, whom lives with my Son up north now, LOVES to watch other critters on TV. I never taught him this behavior, but he goes absolutely bonkers when there's a Wolf, or Bear, on the screen! He get's so worked up....why he's raring to tear that sumbiitcch a new azz!

He aslo loved the old TV series "Due South", where the Canadian Mountie is transferred to NYC and brought his Husky with him......Chance would park himself in fron t of the TV and watch episode one after another if I let him. A ladyfriend I was dating owned the series DVD...and she took it with her when things went "Due South"! LOL
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by huntsman22

My female, Bailey, does the same thing.

I have to get onto her when watching hunting shows.. She will jump at the TV especially when they shoot an animal.

She'd watch hunting shows all day, if she could. smile
Posted By: ElmerKeith Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by hookeye
My cats attack deer, ducks and geese during hunting shows.

Same with our cats. Our first cat had a special fondness for showjumping.

It's funny to watch when they try to get their prey from the back of the TV-set after the attack to the screen was not successful.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
No dog, but my wife's cat does some.
Cat become glued to it if she is watching some of the Harry Potter movies.
Posted By: Cluggins Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
I wonder why some dogs do and some don't. I have never had one that did.
My Bulldog does but my half Pitbull doesn't. My Bulldog watches TV almost like a person, if there's something on it that interests him. He seems to like anything with lots of horses running about, particularly. He also likes shows with lots of dogs in them. He likes the Jeopardy opening sequence, also. But lots of other things, too.

He will sit and be emotionally engaged in what's going on with his eyes locked on the screen. Sometimes, if a dog or horse rides off to the right or left of the screen, he will jump off his chair and run to that side of the screen in the hope that the horse or dog will hop off the edge and into the living room, and he'll catch it there. He's always disappointed when that doesn't happen.

My other dog acts like she can't even see anything on the screen, and shows no interest.
Posted By: JDinCO Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
I had a cat that would start acting like a miniature lion if you played the Lion in the Darkness. My current one enjoys watching baseball.
Posted By: las Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
My last dog, Tripper Lab watched the animal shows, and would at times get VERY vocal.

Current dog Honey HalfLab did for a time when it was new to her, now ignores it completely except for dog barks. Choco the WunderWiener responds and watches to dog/dog barks, but not much of anything else except African lions. He gives them the old fish-eye & growls . Why, I have no idea.
Posted By: aalf Re: Does your dog watch tv - 01/19/21
[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]
© 24hourcampfire