Home
Posted By: Switch Lawyers - 01/19/21
Let's start a thread about all the good lawyers!
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
The end.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Here's a list of lawyers I trust-
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The end.

Right here. But, I have a lawyer who is good with land and will issues. Right where they belong.

kwg
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Had a guy who handled our estate work after my mother died and he was very good. Cut his hourly into 15 min. blocks so phone calls didn't rack up a big bill and he charged about $50-100/hr less than most.
A rare commodity.
Posted By: antlers Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Switch
The end.
No schit. Especially family practice (divorce) lawyers.
Posted By: hanco Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
I hate to think about needing one!
Posted By: 16bore Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
They’re all on Accurate Reloadongs.....no worries.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21

You misspelled lowyers.
Posted By: Teal Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
I have one I consider a friend - we talk daily. I've never received a bill.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
We have a good one.

I told him this joke.
The school children introduce themselves on the first day of school.
Bill tells them about himself, "My fathers a lawyer. Question, "Honest?" "No the regular kind".
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
2003 had utility come after my company because they laid power on the wrong side of the street and 811 marked it off plans instead of finding tracer. We trenched across the line which was actually buried on the opposite side street.

Our lawyer got them to drop suit, pay his fees and give us money.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
If carefully researched, interviewed and chosen, we find a very good lawyer here and there. The heavy majority paint the sleazy, greedy portrait.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
As Charles Galbreath (sp) used to say on his radio show here, "I'll defend you to your last nickel."
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
There are some good ones. I have met both kinds. When you are suing somebody hire one of the mean sorry ones though.
Posted By: MD521 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Eighty five % of the worlds lawyers are in the USA.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Before I retired, I worked with some very good lawyers, and a couple idiots.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
We have one that is a "regular" poster on this forum. A wise and knowing man. One who is what I consider a normal representation of that vocation.
Posted By: achadwick Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
The end.

Laffin!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
If you plan to defend w/ deadly force if needed it is a good idea to have a proven defense attorney's card in your wallet, another on the fridge door and his number in your phone.

mike r
Posted By: blacktailbuster Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
I've met one. Have is number in my phone, in case I need to get a hold of him quick. A good one is worth every penny.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Lawyers mostly are just like any profession: good ones, bad ones, and a lot in between; ethical ones, unethical ones, and a lot in between,

I'm one. Two basic elements, IMO, make the best lawyers: (1) they understand the client and, consciously or subconsciously, they look at all of the issues from that perspective; and (2) they outwork their opponents by a mile.

I've been doing both for 26 years now, and I've never lost a matter of any significance.

The violators of the first principle often are junior lawyers who are trying to look good and effective (say, to a boss) for their own benefit, rather than thinking about things from the client's perspective.
Posted By: las Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
My brother, as a Range Management Consultant, once lost a case to a bad BLM lawyer.

The lawyer made a point about a study on the land in question.

My brother said, "That's not what it says".

"I've got the study right here" said the lawyer, slapping a sheaf of papers.

"Who wrote that study?", asked my brother.

Lawyer looks down at the paper, then gets very red.

Judge: "Boy, you really walked into that one!"

Bro never did tell me how he managed to lose that one. On merit, I guess.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
So this on the office wall of a friend in Tallahassee, member of FL Public Service Commission, consultant to a law firm, raiser of some very fine quail dogs, hunting guide to judges and governors:

I paraphrase from memory:

'...In the event of total nuclear war, the United States will have a major setback, however, there will be pockets of humanity that will survive. Largely, Washington DC, and most major cities, will be annihilated. And, while the original documents that are the foundation and backbone of this great country will likely be destroyed, they can be reproduced from copies that exist all over this land, or from computer records.

It will take a while, but the people of the USA will pick up, they will go on, the economy and our way of life will eventually return to normal, and we will again be a great nation...........................

................. UNLESS - a disproportionate number of attorneys survive...'
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
I have a favorable opinion of lawyers. I use a female attorney for most of my farm contracts and anytime I get sued by a local Landowner who claims i killed his garden (which has happened more than once). I have another attorney who handles any tax issues that arise. I believe both of these individuals look out for my best interest. My first wife was killed in a auto accident, no fault of her own. After the driver of the other vehicle was found guilty in criminal court, i filed a civil suit. Thanks to another attorney who specializes in this field, I was awarded a significant settlement. Like them or not, a good attorney is well worth the price imo. I have no experience with a "bad" attorney, so can't comment.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
The end.

Ditto
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21

So is this an obituary post?
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Here's a list of lawyers I trust-

The one you have on retainer (but only as far as you can lift them)
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
I all my years I've known 2, maybe 3, that were honest, ethical, & trustworthy. None of them were jewish.

I've met a considerably larger number.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Threads like this make me smile.
Posted By: sse Re: Lawyers - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by LouisB
As Charles Galbreath (sp) used to say on his radio show here, "I'll defend you to your last nickel."

and after that yer on yer own...LOL
Posted By: EdM Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
I worked a lot with our corporate lawyers as we worked contracts and they were superb.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
If you were to take all the world's lawyers and laid them out end to end... that would be good.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by EdM
I worked a lot with our corporate lawyers as we worked contracts and they were superb.

Ya maybe its only the soulless scumbags that defend rapists, chimos, and killers that are massive pieces of garbage......nah they all suck a mean azz
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Regardless the circumstances and situation, the lawyers always win.

You've got to have plenty of F U money if you are gonna employee them.
Posted By: nae Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21

99% of the lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
My sister is a lawyer.

Fancy schools, Harvard and Berkeley.

Lives near San Fran and makes all kinds of money.

But she had a fair amount of student loans and of course it is $$$ to live out there.

Best lawyer in our part of the country lives down the street at the end of the block.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
My lawyer is a good man from what I can tell, he probably doesn't give two [bleep] about us but he's good at his job and he wants and will win. Same as me with my job if you boil it down. Probably the same with everyone, at the end of the day.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Laws are written by lawyers, for lawyers. And it's bullschidt that we are forced to play their damn game.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Like every other profession, some good ones who are what a lawyer should be, a bunch of them going through the motions, and a few that if you have to deal with them they make you think they are all a bunch of scumbags.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
I’ve worked with quite a few that were really good men. My current attorney is younger, but brilliant and honest. Treats me exceptionally well. I can text him at 10:00 at night and get a reply.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Just a legal thief!
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
1,000 lawyers drowned in a lake, a good start!
Posted By: Morewood Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Threads like this make me smile.

Me too. Oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. Finest Christian Family Man you'd ever meet.

Nice and polite until you fug with him or his clients then all gloves are off.

Not all lawyers are bad
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
I was in a lawsuit with a shistler lawyer in a prestigious firm. I know he was a hired gun.

On of the few graves, never mind.
Posted By: EdM Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by EdM

Ya maybe its only the soulless scumbags that defend rapists, chimos, and killers that are massive pieces of garbage......nah they all suck a mean azz

Until you really need one.
Posted By: readonly Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’ve worked with quite a few that were really good men. My current attorney is younger, but brilliant and honest. Treats me exceptionally well. I can text him at 10:00 at night and get a reply.

What town is he out of?
Posted By: szihn Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
99.93% of all lawyers give all the rest a bad name.
Posted By: WAM Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
The more I think about it ole Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers kill 'em tonight
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
I’ve been privileged to have worked with some of the best in the United States. They’ve successfully defended some very notable people.

Very hard working folks who left no stone unturned. Worked many late nights with them.

We won our case.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Lawyers - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by WAM
The more I think about it ole Billy was right
Let's kill all the lawyers kill 'em tonight

I'm ready.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So are the boys: https://i.imgur.com/7B0kR8u.mp4

Start breaking glass.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Lawyers - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Stophel
Laws are written by lawyers, for lawyers. And it's bullschidt that we are forced to play their damn game.

So, perhaps it isn't lawyers you hate...it is law-makers (congress critters), who are lawyers, that you hate?
Posted By: Coilavana Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
Fortunately, I didn't need a lawyer, and I hope I won't do. But I know one. She was my best friend's attorney in her sexual assault case. She did a great job, and my best friend is so happy that the culprit was punished. I met her once, but I was impressed by how intelligent and responsible this woman was. I was really pleasantly surprised. If most lawyers were like that, the world would be a much better place. Well, if you want to know more information about her, you can read it on this website - https://ucmjdefense.com. I hope I have helped a little.
Posted By: 280Rem1 Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
If it weren't for lawyers (and judges, who are ex-lawyers) we would still have prayer in schools and sporting events. We would still say the Pledge of Allegiance, we WOULD NOT have mentally ill people using the wrong bathroom, we would not be punishing people for family, holiday, or religious gatherings during made up pandemics, we would not see 400 peaceful protesters rotting in jail while a murderous cop walks free... shall I continue?
Think about it for a minute. You can credit nearly 100% of the degradation of this country to lawyers and judges.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
You know what lawyers use for birth control?
Their personalities!
Lawyers will soon be on unemployment because laws don’t mean squat these days.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
This is my favorite, lawyer.

Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
I deal with lawyers very regularly in my job. I trust them to give us the best advice when they are dealing with a case. I would not trust them as far as I can throw them if the same lawyers were against me. Bottom line, they are trained - and paid, to argue both sides of a case. They are your advocate, in that they’ll argue whatever fits your case best.

As they say, if the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts.

It’s really just a big game to them. One which you’re paying for. They don’t care about you, personally, they care about winning.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Lawyers - 10/23/21
Remsen is my lawyer. I haven't sent him the retainer yet...but I'm workin' on it. He is going to represent me in my upcoming criminal case, for when the State of California Water Resources Board wants to put a meter on my domestic water well.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Remsen is my lawyer. I haven't sent him the retainer yet...but I'm workin' on it. He is going to represent me in my upcoming criminal case, for when the State of California Water Resources Board wants to put a meter on my domestic water well.

Any time I get a chance to go up against the CA government, it's gratis for my client. Deal?
Posted By: Al_Ski Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
Had lunch the other day with my sister (retired labor relations/ contract law lawyer) and her husband. We were discussing something when she went into her argument mode. I looked at her and asked if she's always going to be a lawyer. Her jaw hit the ground, the look on her face was priceless. She recovered after a few seconds and fired up again. I looked at my bil and asked him if she had an off switch... 🤣

I was told not to ever expect legal advice again.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21

Count me in on that one.
They are a bunch of appointed thieves. I've had the pleasure of dealing with them about Ag water rights. They are the worst of the worst. You know you're a scumbag when even Newsom thinks you're going to far..
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
We use a good one, Super Dave.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
The end.

You ain't kidding.....bunch of parasites in my book, 1/2 rung above politicians.
Posted By: EdM Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
My trust attorney is excellent as well.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
Originally Posted by Remsen

Any time I get a chance to go up against the CA government, it's gratis for my client. Deal?

Got you on speed dial.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Lawyers - 10/24/21
© 24hourcampfire