Home
I’m not usually very dense. Someone explain this, please?

https://www.thefarside.com/2021/01/19/0
David Letterman
Gap tooth David Letterman?
It’s all about the teeth.
"letterman"falls

As in gap toothed Dave Letterman.

Don't feel bad, Gary Larson is way out there sometimes.

When I was at the Mdeical College of Georgia back in the mid 80s, the Augusta Herald would print a weeks worth of The Far Side on Friday. My roommate and I always looked forward to seeing them. Predictably, we'd laugh out loud at 4 and not "get" the fifth. As I got more warped, they made more sense.
[Linked Image from photos1.blogger.com]
David Letterman was the first thing that occurred to me but I never watched him so didn’t make the gap tooth connection.
You can be forgiven, since the space magically closed over the years. ;-{>8
You aren't dense. Letterman is just so irrelevant that it's a crap Far Side.
It was funny in its day; it's just old.
Just another late night never funny comedian.
Best comic writer/cartoonist ever.... laugh laugh
I couldn't stand him either. He must have worn braces off camera for years because the gap was gone later in life.

[Linked Image from variety.com]
Originally Posted by Redneck
Best comic writer/cartoonist ever.... laugh laugh

I agree. The person who wrote the Calvin and Hobbs comics was right up there too.
What a moron for wearing braces.
Letterman had a spitting gap in his front teeth.
It was a bridge he wore and I remember him taking it out on camera a few times.

Sounds like I am in the minority but he was one of the better late night interviewers with engaging his guests.
The one good thing about the Letterman Show was his musical guests. Some big names played on his set over the years.
He was ok in his early years, but started to be a pos the older he got. Showed his left leaning politics on air alot and cheated on his wife with a gal that supposedly worked in an office building across the street that he had on the show from time to time if I remember correctly. Couldn't stand to watch him for about his last 10 years or so.

Correction, it wasn't the gal across the street. It was an intern that worked for him and sometimes made appearances on the show.
Originally Posted by Morewood
The one good thing about the Letterman Show was his musical guests. Some big names played on his set over the years.

Lots to do with Paul Schaffer - he's no slouch in the music biz. Was originally a big part of the Blues Brothers and Saturday Night Live back in the day. Was running the band and in some skits. Was supposed to be in Blues Brothers but IIRC had a beef with Belushi.

Eventually went to Letterman and stayed there.
I’m going to “not read” all the other previous posts that say gapped teeth and say.....”yes, I believe it’s referring to the gap in his teeth”

Hopefully I won’t look like a dumb ass that doesn’t read all the previous replies AS IS THE CASE WITH ALL OTHER THREADS and I get to look smart.
Insulting Sarah Palin's daughter was the last straw for me.
Can anyone explain this to me? I don't get it.
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]
Looks like it's about done.............

unless it's going to include just about every other politician slobbering all over it.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Can anyone explain this to me? I don't get it.
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

Is that Commie's hand on the bottom?
© 24hourcampfire