Home
Reels in my ass, everytime the guy in the lambo stepped on it he pulled flat away and when he got tied of the game he let him pass.
He pulls away on every straight.
The way Bob is talking the Lambo shoulda just
kept upping the gap..but he couldn't..

Some can get a little bruised that a flat six.
shortened the distance on a mighty V12.. 😂
2 pretty bad-arsed machines. I'd choose the GT-4. Then again a '78 F250 would also be a good choice.
Hey Starman I might be wrong but it seems to me that everytime the Porsche caught up was when the lambo driver had to slow down to get around some slow turd.
So you didn't see the gt4 gain ground through
the curves with no traffic inhibiting the Lambo..?
or the fact slow traffic inhibited the gt4 at times
when the Lambo was already free..

High_Noon,

The latest gt4 is 12 seconds quicker at the Gring
than the 2016 in the video...
What I saw mostly was damned twitchy steering on the Porsche thru the curves but he didn't wreck it for as hard as he was pushing it. I get the time I'll watch it again just seemed to me the lambo driver was really handicapped by the slow cars who were in his way but once they yielded to him they let the porsche by with out hassle. We don't all see the same things the same way but that lambos acceleration was awesome.
No helmets.
It is not just the car, it is also the driver that matters.
Both are Volkswagens.
Didn't see the poach reel in the Lambo once - Lambo dragged his butt out of every corner .

Archer not the Bow .
From what I could see, the Lambo driver was lacking in skills as he was slowing down more than necessary in the corners and his lines were amateurish, at best. The Porsche driver seemed to be driving closer to the capabilities of the car, especially in the corners. But then, the Aventador is a $425,000 car and it is possible the driver was being extra careful to not scratch his trophy..... I'm pretty sure Porsche GT4's are only about half that or a bit less, depending on options....
Gt4 is about 1/4 price, that could still mean
a heap of money relative to owners overall
wealth... But yeah some do get precious
about whipping their Lambo, ferrari etc,
supacars too hard.. 😁

Current king of Nürb.for production car is
Merc.AMG-GT.Black series...same CC engine
as current gt4 at 4.0 litres.. but with two hair
driers bolted on.

Fastest street legal for Nürb. IIRC,
Porsche GT2-RSMR
unless things have changed.

and they are still rear drive, no fancy AWD.

6:20 mark, coming out of turn with no 'others' blocking way, Lamb pulls away with relative ease it seems.
The Lambo definitely has the horsepower. I'm pretty sure the Aventador is around 740 hp or so, the GT4 is around 475 hp.... anyone can drive a fast car in a straight line, the GT4 driver is pushing his car around the corners pretty much to its limits... and his lines are much cleaner. The Lambo driver doesn't seem to know how to navigate a corner cleanly...
That shelf item 2016 gt4 has 385 HP.

Its like the guys that read up on the 300 RUM
and get all impressed by figures and bragging
rights at the range, then find they can't shoot it
any better or bring home more game than others
can with .30/06..

Just gotta look at all the wrecked supacars
that folks don't know how to drive...for many they
should stick to putting around Monaco revving
their engines saying 'look at me' for pleb. tourists
like they do.. 😂
If the straights were longer, the Porsche would never see the Lambo again.
IF, if if,..

Nürb. is what you and car manufacturers get
to work with.. no ifs buts or maybes about it.

Bugatti Veyron, Chiron, = straight line monster..
but how well does it do around a circuit like Nürb..?

Originally Posted by logger
It is not just the car, it is also the driver that matters.

I would bet with drivers of equal ability the gt+4 would take a twisty track every time.
If it were all big sweepers the the Italians would take it.

That is just balance and displacement.
And a bit of design focus..
Too many variables not known there to make any meaningful assessment other than the Porsche stayed in there with the Lambo. Is it fair to say the track probably favored the Porsche on this one? Kind of like comparing the old time sprint karts to the recumbent/dual engined/side tanked enduro karts designed more for the big ovals.
The only thing I took from that was that the Lambo started first and the Porsche did not ever get around him... would have been interesting tom see how it all would have played out if the Porsche had started first or if started together from the line AND w/o all the interfering traffic.

Fun to watch though, thanks!
I wonder how that Gt4 would go with
a RUF v8 installation...Its designed to
slot in where the GT3-RS engine fits..
except it's 4.5 litres 540 HP, 8500 rpm
is lighter and lower CoG than Porsche
flat six.
Empty road with experienced race drivers it would be no contest for the Lambo to disappear from the Porsche.
Well starman one thing is for sure, it was a neat video and thanks for posting it mb
Make mine an American V8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw

I own the same car but with a 10 speed automatic. Don't even think about flooring it below 30 mph.
Originally Posted by walt501
Both are Volkswagens.

F-150, Walt

F-150.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I own the same car but with a 10 speed automatic. Don't even think about flooring it below 30 mph.

Why ? traction control broke ?

I dog those cars out on my Yamaha R-1
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

There is a video on youtube with the ZL1 Camaro IIRC with the 10 speed auto. Incredibly impressive video as that auto trans shifts as well or better than a driver with a stick shift. Some serious engineering had to go into the algorythms that control that tranny to make it work that well....

The thing about the Nurburgring that car manufacturers like to test there is they have some of the longest straight stretches anywhere in the world for testing and racing. The course is extremely long also, giving them plenty of time to test without constantly having to slow down for pit entries/exits and other distractions- except for crashed cars around the course- lots of videos of that on youtube.... that definitely gives the edge to the Lambo, which has the horsepower advantage, but not necessarily the cornering advantage. I had a chance to drive a Lambo LP640 once and it was impressive, to say the least. Sight lines are absolutely horrible in them, but the all wheel drive traction and gearing to go with the 640 hp (in that model) resulted in instant acceleration with no tire spin. Made my Cobra seem like a toy...

Bob
© 24hourcampfire