Home
Posted By: wabigoon 38 degrees, sunny, and windy. - 01/21/21
That's the forecast for NW Iowa as I sip a cup of black tea.

I'll make coffee in a bit, and take a cup to my wife.

How ya all doin' this fine morning?
Been up since 5, already had breakfast and coffee. 39 and cloudy here. Got a shower overnite. It's drier here than I've seen it in a long time, but that's supposed to change come next week.
G'morning , I've been much worse off than I am this morning so for that I'm grateful.
Ive found that the older I get the less I like winter.
Looking good here in MN.

Coffee is hot. Outside is cold.
I think we're suppose to be in the upper 40's today here. Moving cows in a couple hours before it thaws.
I just checked the obits, I'm not on the list! laugh

To be serious, we went to a visitation late yesterday. 55 year old neighbor. Bad deal.
Waitin' to see if the sun rises or pulls the covers over his head.
Fair bit of snow overnight, windy too but not too cold. 19F
20 degrees to start, high in the 40s.
29 degrees at 7:22 a.m. on the south side of Lake Ontario. Cloudy as usual; been up since 5 a.m. to take the garbage out to the road. The ground is actually white with snow which is getting unusual this winter. We are way, way, below our average snowfall numbers. Calling for a high of 38 today so the snow probably will be gone soon. Sitting here having my 20 oz. morning coffee with two pairs of snowshoes in the basement collecting dust.
Hang tough good folks, springs acomin', an apple tree from last May. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Cloudy, 55, another work day. Won’t be long, every day will be a Saturday
Woke up in the chair at ten pm last night. Haven't been back to sleep since. Today is going to be a friggen long day.
Calling for 53 here today, with high winds of ~12mph.
Got the snow cleared out of the park, off the driveway to the house and office, and off the sidewalks in the storage units, yesterday.
May get to do some welding - prefabbing sides for a set of scales.
Damn bull thought he could jump out last fall, tore them up. They were weak anyway - FIL used rotten 1/2" pipe when he built them (in 1975)
Wonder nothing tore them up before now!
I see corn is up 8, beans up16, coming back some.
Some good articles in the news today. Apparently some reporters have been digging into the FISA declassified documents....
Feeling down?
Listen to Charlie Kirk 1/19 podcast reviewing all the good done over the past five years.

Really enjoyed the clip where quips back at Clinton, "because you'd be in prison."
Posted By: EdM Re: 38 degrees, sunny, and windy. - 01/21/21
Two cups down and a nice walk in with the pup. My wife is off getting an annual. Upon her return I will head into the city to meet my son for lunch and a gun return then swing by the alternator repair shop and pick up mine for my Mustang. Sorted all of my powder yesterday, today will be primers.
58 degrees, sunny and calm cool
28 degrees and dark outside. Might be some rare snow here in Sheep Dip. I am on my third cup of coffee and just remembered it's my wife's birthday!

I will be sure to remind her! grin
Hanco,
Six Saturdays and one Sunday a week is really good stuff.
https://youtu.be/vMnIvrJHyaE
I am a big fan and highly recommend it.
30 above lite wind ....perfect!
Howling wind. Never gonna get my fox rifle zeroed.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Been up since 5, already had breakfast and coffee. 39 and cloudy here. Got a shower overnite. It's drier here than I've seen it in a long time, but that's supposed to change come next week.

Interesting as both of our places[SWVA & east TENN] are basically mud bowls and have been that way for a month or so

Otherwise much the same as Wabi's post.
© 24hourcampfire