Home
Posted By: wabigoon TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Over air, cable, dish? Me, old time antenna.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Direct
Posted By: EdM Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Here in Texas Dish, in north Idaho it was an "old time antenna" for fourteen years until this past summer when my dear wife sorted the math that our $2K/mo son had graduated university so we were flush... So Dish for three months a year paying for twelve... If she is she's happy I am more than happy.
Posted By: pahick Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Stream Youtube TV.
Posted By: ironbender Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Too many crap digital channels from the roof antenna.
Posted By: Krazi Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Ya I got tenna TV too. When the kids were teens I gave them the choice of cable or internet. They chose internet. I get about 30 channels of nothing for free instead of 200 of nothing for a hundred bucks a month. watch MASH reruns and Andy Griffith and giggle. Have the antenna on a 30 ft tower in the back yard. About once a month when I am out in the yard, somebody will ask if I want to sell it.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Over air, cable, dish? Me, old time antenna.

Come on man.....
Welcome to 1948....

Aint no way..
LOL!!!
Posted By: rem141r Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
send the old lady up on the roof to turn the antenna while i scream from the couch.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
We dont.

Got pissed at Amazon and now we dont get anything.
Posted By: rem141r Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We dont.

Got pissed at Amazon and now we dont get anything.

you're better off. if it wasn't for my old lady, the tv would be a clothes rack for me.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Was on cable. Went back to antenna last year. Get about 48 channels for free. Watch maybe 3-4 of them.
I don't have TV. What am I missing?
Posted By: slumlord Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
We made a pledge to God and agree with our pastor to fast for 40 days from the indulgence of TeeVee
I usually pick up a new one when the looting is in full force in Minneapolis.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
DirecTV.
Posted By: add Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
[Linked Image from historicmysteries.com]
Posted By: StuckInOhio Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Antenna, but I wish they went back to the old analog signal.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
We just go to the Wal Marks and watch the display tvs. If something good is on, I send the little woman to grab me a bag of fake doritos out of the chip aisle.
Posted By: slumlord Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
We just go to the Wal Marks and watch the display tvs. If something good is on, I send the little woman to grab me a bag of fake doritos out of the chip aisle.

Go big like a boss

Get a pack of hot dogs and some grape soda and bring the kids
Originally Posted by slumlord

Go big like a boss

Get a pack of hot dogs and some grape soda and bring the kids

They kinda got pissed when we grabbed a kiddie pool and jug of Purex, and the little woman did a load of whites while we were watching the Wheel of Fortune.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21

Antenna plus streaming. I pay as little as possible based on principal and because I'm cheap.
Out here in BumFug Idaho, I put one of those new fangled indoor antennas on the shelf beside the TV. It picks up a couple hundred channels plus, from #2 all the way to about #1573. Shopping channels, Newsmax, various music genres, Spanish Language, etc, etc.

We also share a couple of steaming service codes with our Kids' and family.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Out here in BumFug Idaho, I put one of those new fangled indoor antennas on the shelf beside the TV. It picks up a couple hundred channels plus, from #2 all the way to about #1573. Shopping channels, Newsmax, various music genres, Spanish Language, etc, etc.

One of the benefits of living at 55,000 feet or whatever it is out there I suppose. With an antenna here, we can only get an occasional snowy picture of the pbs channel out of Turdville West Virginia.
Dropped Direct tv last year and went with an over the air job.

The largest town is well with in range but the new digital stuff it doesn't work as good a s the older antenna did.

Some online stuff but mainly these days in the shop or just outside when i can.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

One of the benefits of living at 55,000 feet or whatever it is out there I suppose. With an antenna here, we can only get an occasional snowy picture of the pbs channel out of Turdville West Virginia.

2200 feet on the bottom of the valley floor surrounded by mountains.

The good thing is, they put the TV/radio repeaters on top of the highest mountain around. And we have direct line of sight to that mountain about fifty miles away.
Antenna here
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Stream FUBO (cheaper than YouTube) over At&T fiber.
No TV for 18 years now. No phone for 3 years. I do watch video online for educational purposes including cultural literacy. So my kids and I watch culturally significant video -- everything from Apocalypse Now, to Blues Brothers, and Charade, hundreds of films.
We've watched some trash made for TV too like the pilot episode of the Dukes of Hazzard and enough A-Team episodes to realize that they're all the same. But I never just sit down to merely be amused by the inane Hollywood garbage. I don't have any of that crap streaming into my house uncontrolled.
Posted By: BHAMMEDIC84 Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
streaming on roku for a few years and love it
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Antenna plus streaming. I pay as little as possible based on principal and because I'm cheap.

Right now I dont have any, but wifey wants streaming and an antenna, so I guess we'll be getting it soon. Until I got this new Verizon internet service, we didn't have fast enough speeds for streaming.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
One of the benefits of living at 55,000 feet ...

Do you live here?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Mons
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by EdM
Here in Texas Dish, in north Idaho it was an "old time antenna" for fourteen years until this past summer when my dear wife sorted the math that our $2K/mo son had graduated university so we were flush... So Dish for three months a year paying for twelve... If she is she's happy I am more than happy.

Call them, there is some deal Direct does where you can suspend service
in situations like yours. It will come on and billing will resume on
a date of your choosing.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Been 15+ years since there was a TV in our house.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Antenna and Sling. I pay $30 a month and get everything I want. I've had this setup for 4 years and been very happy with it. We were at $140 on Direct TV.
Posted By: Cretch Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Antenna & Streaming. My son has netflix he shares with us & we have hulu that we share with him.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by websterparish47
I don't have TV. What am I missing?

All of the liberal trash and propaganda that some feel the burning desire to subsidize.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by EdM

Call them, there is some deal Direct does where you can suspend service
in situations like yours. It will come on and billing will resume on
a date of your choosing.

Dish has the same thing. When I moved, I put my dish on 'standby' for $5/mth, until I finally cancelled it.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
One of the benefits of living at 55,000 feet ...

Do you live here?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Mons

Deer population density is low, but you don't have much hunting competition there.
Posted By: blanket Re: TV? How do you get it? - 01/23/21
over air antenna
© 24hourcampfire