Home
Posted By: Mach3 Ammo prices - 01/24/21
The democrats plan all along. Prove me wrong.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Care to explain yourself?
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Gunshots threads.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Show
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Simply a price reaction to high demand, panic buying.

No more and no less than that.

If it was democrats driven it’d be with heavy taxes and that’s on the way.

Bottom line. You’re wrong.
Again.
Posted By: Mach3 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Again.

Wrong. Again. Think about it.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Mach3

jfc.....bob
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Our local store.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: sidepass Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon

If my ammo room looked like that I'd whine too!
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Cain’t tax whats already bought. Or can they? Well, they can’t tax what they don’t know about, anyway. Feel sorry for all those who bought their stash online with a credit card....
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Again.

You are corona-tarded again
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

I'd take that box of 7mm-08 for $24.99.

Bb
Posted By: EdM Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Our local closet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Some cast soon to return to the closet. More in the garage.

I'll sort through 1000's of primer tomorrow. Planned for today but a road run interfered.

Rimfire? Here's a quarter.

Bourbon?

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Bomgaars Supply, Sac City Iowa.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Walmart

Even the last can of Who Hash

Again.

Wrong. Again. Think about it.
He did think about it and he's correct. You, on the other hand, seem incapable of thinking. Take a basic economics class and get back with us.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Prove you're right.

Otherwise, you just made a gratuitous assumption, which shows immaturity and ignorance.

Prove I'm wrong.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Well at least there something on the shelves. Most stores Round here dont even have shotgun shells
Posted By: SheriffJoe Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Back at the house...what my laundry room looks like for a few calibers minus the bourbon and I have way more brass!
Originally Posted by slumlord

Walmart

Even the last can of Who Hash

That looks like my local walmart but today they had winchester super x 22lr, only had 10 boxes at $7.69 per box they all came home with me, then it looked like that
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Cain’t tax whats already bought. Or can they? Well, they can’t tax what they don’t know about, anyway. Feel sorry for all those who bought their stash online with a credit card....

Laughing.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Again.

You are corona-tarded again

And you’re still an obnoxious drunkard.
Posted By: sierrabravo45 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Picked up 1000 rounds of .223 for a buddy for $550 yesterday Federal AE 55gr. Also found .22LR bricks as well as .38SPL along with some other stuff. As quick as it came in it was gone. I have a few buddies at the store and they texted me. I bet the store got in 40,000 rounds of .223 and 556 but it didn’t last long.
Posted By: viking Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
I managed to snag 8 boxes today. 2x17HMR. 2x M80, 2x 12 gauge, 1 box of 357 sig fmj and 1 box of 40 Golden Sabre’s. I also got a VRPA 40 today.
Posted By: akasparky Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
I suppose it'd just be stupid to think if the frantic buyers and hoarders took a deep breath and paused for a bit our ammo manufactures could catch up, stores could restock and prices would fall back to normal again.
Originally Posted by akasparky
I suppose it'd just be stupid to think if the frantic buyers and hoarders took a deep breath and paused for a bit our ammo manufactures could catch up, stores could restock and prices would fall back to normal again.

Prices will never fall back
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Don't imagine that it will get any better anytime soon. Boy Scout time LOL, be prepared.....
Originally Posted by gemby58

Yeah, they will, because wholesale priced haven't gone up much. When things get caught up and the reputable dealers that never gouged get their regular supplies back, the gougers will have to lower their prices or get stuck with their inventory.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Back at the house...what my laundry room looks like for a few calibers minus the bourbon and I have way more brass!

No brass worries here...
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
A while back I read an article about CCI and making 22LR ammo. They have several lines running 24/7 and were adding 1 more line when the article was written. I can't remember how many rounds a day they produce but it's huge. The article was about why they didn't increase production to meet the demand. Adding another line is very expensive, involving large expensive equipment and possibly a new building to house it. Hopefully this is a temporary shortage brought on by hoarding. Spending all that money to increase production isn't worth the risk of having to shut it down when the hoarding stops.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

That's the spirit! Keep a positive attitude. You be wrong though. Wait & see.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

They certainly did after the last shortage during the Obama presidency.
Posted By: aalf Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A while back I read an article about CCI and making 22LR ammo. They have several lines running 24/7 and were adding 1 more line when the article was written. I can't remember how many rounds a day they produce but it's huge. The article was about why they didn't increase production to meet the demand. Adding another line is very expensive, involving large expensive equipment and possibly a new building to house it. Hopefully this is a temporary shortage brought on by hoarding. Spending all that money to increase production isn't worth the risk of having to shut it down when the hoarding stops.

McMillan gave us that same story several years ago, and they're still running months and months behind.....
Posted By: hanco Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
I think people will keep on hoarding. Anybody got some .... they want to sell???
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Before long, we will look back at today's prices and wish we had bought.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Sadly, this is my view on it, too.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I'd take that box of 7mm-08 for $24.99.

Bb

I would buy the schitt outta that 12 ga in stock at that place.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Sadly, this is my view on it, too.

You all better get while the get is their to be got.
Vista group going up 3 to 15% April 1st.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
I've stopped at a few places over the last week. All were out of the most desirable ammo and very low on the rest.

It's interesting that the same isn't true for magazines. Plenty available for ARs, Glocks, XDs, Rugers, Sigs, etc. Maybe all of the new buyers don't realize the need or don't have the cash to stock up. Maybe the next round of 'stimulus' will fix that.

I’m trying that you’re right about that.

Ammunition is the new Amazon.com stock way back in the day it appears.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

McMillan gave us that same story several years ago, and they're still running months and months behind.....
...and the hoarding is still going on. It looks like a very reasonable answer to me.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21
I was in the Clarksville BPS last week,ammo isle completely empty except for a couple box’s of 338 Lapua.
People, relax. Wholesale prices haven't really gone up. It's strictly profiteering by retailers. Blazer Brass is still selling at $10-13 a box/50 at distributors.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Ammo prices - 01/24/21

Yeah they do. Every time this happens they fall back in line once the idiot hoarders burn themselves out.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Yeah they do. Every time this happens they fall back in line once the idiot hoarders burn themselves out.

Yeah but this scenario is going to extend the time frame quite a ways out.

You CAN buy ammo around here at individually owned gun an Sporting goods places but it’s limited amounts and you’ll pay dearly for it.
If more retailers did what the store I retired from did, there'd be way less of a shortage. Just limit the amount of ammo that any one person can buy. That way, you piss off one hoarder/scalper but make many more happy.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Ammo prices - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Yeah but this scenario is going to extend the time frame quite a ways out.

You CAN buy ammo around here at individually owned gun an Sporting goods places but it’s limited amounts and you’ll pay dearly for it.

Good point.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Ammo prices - 01/26/21
My guess is that if they put a tax on firearms, many of the weak hands will flood the after market with guns and ammo. In that case, you may save more money on ammo down the road than it costs for the tax. Well, at least that's my hope grin
© 24hourcampfire