Home
A pair of black Acme western boots I bought in Des Moines, Iowa in 1962. laugh
Why
Redball pack boots with rubber bottoms and wool inserts. Had em about 35+ years and wore em on a bear hunt last December.

laugh
Sorel Pacs, issued as a safety item in Prudhoe Bay circa 1969, in the early days of building an oil field and infrastructure. 51 yrs old this year.
You people have footwear older than me.

I do have some Redhead BassPro pac-boots that are about 10 years old but it only snows during deer season here once every 3 years. LOL

they look almost new
A pair of Frye boots from around 1975.
As a Boomer, I still have some reed sandals from when Moses and I were in the 5th grade...

Kent
my feet got longer and wider the past few years so i'd say about a year. damn shame too cause i had some nice boots that killed my feet. just sent about a dozen pairs of nice dress shoes off to goodwill today. still in the van actually but they will there this week.
I don’t have any old shoes, I have maybe six pairs altogether, Wifey has several hundred.
If it weren’t for old shoes I’d have to go barefoot.
Shoes? What is this you speak of?
Just handled them yesterday - cant seem to toss them.

A pair of the very first Puma low-top soccer shoes imported to the US (German-made, I think). Our college soccer team in NY was outfitted with them in 1958. Nubby cleats built into the sole - no more screw-ins after that. Who knows how many contests? Played competitive soccer until into my 60s (age-group at the end) and only soccer shoes ever owned.

They are really rough looking now. Yeah - time to toss them.
Also use a pair of all-leather - not insulated - lug sole hunting boots bought in Tucson at Bob's Bargain barn in 1971. Original leather laces, Can't see the brand any more - very good leather and stitching - no breakdown - and perfect for spring/fall hunts in the SW. Had to soak them up with that white shoe grease and/or sno-seal when we lived in wet or snow country - probably helped preserve them
I have a pair of wing tip dress shoes and a pair of Redwing boots from 1968.
Not my shoes, my father gave me my late brother's baby shoes.
High school baseball cleats. 52 yrs
I still have a pair of Rachle Montagnas that my father bought me in 1984. Now, they're stored in my Colorado mountain cabin for driving shovels. They're about 5 lbs each and pretty rigid.
How about a using pair of 31 year old White , leather lace boots. Resoled 3 times. Active duty.
I’ve got a pair of Mickey Mouse boots that I’ve had 1968
Whites lace up cowboy from about 1985. Only go out on big occasions.
Whites packers - 1968 - resoled once and still going strong...
Pair of norm Thompson leather insulated hunting boots,grandfather bought in 1962,in Portland oregon. He wore them for two resole jobs,and I'm on my second set of vibrams. They are my spares now. I think they will outlast the Cabelas mendl pair I bought in 2016.
Got a pair of dress shoes I bought in 1968. Obviously I don't dress up much.
A pair of Tony Lama elephant skin cowboy boots I purchased in 1990 at a place called Stages West in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Paid $225 dollars.
They’re on their third pair of soles.
Pair of Wolverine pigskin 10" insulated boots, 200 grams of Thinsulate/Goretex liners. Still waterproof if I spray 'em. Vibram sole lugs barely there, after 35+ years. Uppers in perfect shape. Originally got them for hunting, but eventually wore them for construction work in cold weather and muck. Lightest pair of hunting boots I've ever owned. Now relegated to the truck cab, in case I need a pair of waterproof boots.

Have a pair of green Browning waterproof boots that are even older, but one sole came loose years ago. Glued it back on, but seldom wear them..
Pretty sure I have a pair of Corcorans from 1972.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I have a picture of my Grandfather wearing these boots on a hunt in Manatoba in 1952. I wore them in the early 70's hunting in Minnesota and Wisconsin while partridge hunting with him.
I believe somewhere in the attic is a pair of gaudy cowboy boots my dad bought on his high school senior trip to Carlsbad New Mexico.Do I win anything ?
Back in '85 when I got married I purchased two pair of Rockport dress shoes: one black, one brown. To this day they are still my only dress shoes. The black ones get worn the most as they are part of my Marry'em/Bury'em ensemble. Heck, I've only had 3 suits in my adult life. Obviously they weren't required for my work life.
Still got the Mickey Mouse insulated pac boots I bought back in 1979 or '80. They should outlast me. Some years I only wear 'em a few times and some years not at all.
Sorel Pacs that I purchased my first year Elk Hunting. 1978.
My father in law was a true embarrassment to us when it came to old boots. LL Been use to have a lifetime warranty. After wearing these boots for 45 years, he turned them in for a new ones because of the warranty clause
Rocky chukkas from mid-90s. On second soles and about to be third. Rocky used to make good stuff.
I have a couple of pairs of wing tips that belonged to my grandfather. I wear them on occasion. No idea how old they are, but he’s been dead more than 20 years now.
Originally Posted by 358WCF

I bought a pair of Frye boots around 1979 or 80. One of my sons still wears them.
I must be a hoarder. I just can't see throwing out a serviceable pair of foot gear. I have a couple of pair of corcorans and a pair of jungle boots all circa 1970. The combat boots that went with them caught up with me around the time of my discharge and have long since given up the ghost and I can't recall what happened to my low quarters which I always hated. . I also have a pair of Frye boots from the early 1970s which never fit me right and a pair of Herman Survivors, waterproof and insulated, which I still use occasionally. My wife is even worse. She has a pair of NIB Kelso earth shoes and a pair of New Balance Tracksters which she plans to get resoled one of these days or should I say decades/.
I have jump boots, combat boots, and jungle boots from the early and mid eighties unless my wife threw them out.
LaCrosse Icemans I bought for 60 bucks in 1983. I dont use them much at all anymore. They just sit in my cabin for back up.
Black bullhide Tony Llamas
Bought new in about 1973..........
They are my "dress shoes".
IIRC, shortly after my dad mustered out of the Navy at the end of WWII, he purchased this pair of boots in Mexico.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The story he told was that the guy he bought them from said the tops were made by his dad years before.

Over the years he had a couple different leather bottoms sewn on. Back then it was shark skin or sea turtle or alligator.

My dad passed in '09. I now have them an wear them from time to time.

ya!

GWB
A pair of USAF issue steel-toe chukka boots from 1973.
Wow, some of you blokes really hang onto them. I mostly run them into the ground, but I do have a pair of Ammunition Boots issued to me by a caring government in 1982.

For some reason these, and gaiters to match, were still on the issue list even though we'd already transitioned over to Boots GP, both for ceremonial and field use, so these are almost unworn. I just didn't ever have the heart to throw them out, and when I finished up with my service the Army didn't ask for them back.

They are solidly built but stiff and not very comfortable, though admittedly never broken in. I'd worn out an earlier pair as a cadet, and they never really got comfortable either.They do take a really good shine though.

I suppose I could always use them as workboots, but I just never have. Maybe there's a collector out there?
Originally Posted by 358WCF

Square toed?

with belt and buckle on them?
I wore a pair of Chippewa cap toe boots on our dog walk today. Unlined, with George dress socks from WallyWorld. 33F and light snow coming down. Bought them around '04-'05 for work in the desert, been resoled a time or two.

They're not my oldest boots. I have some that get little wear, like a pair of Irish Setter insulated hunting boots that were my best friend's who passed around '97or so. No idea how long he had them before that. It rarely gets cold enough to wear them here.
Originally Posted by ihookem
LaCrosse Icemans I bought for 60 bucks in 1983. I dont use them much at all anymore. They just sit in my cabin for back up.

Lol me to ! Then I moved up to ice kings!
I have some cowboy boots bought in 77 and they still fit.

Can't wear them long because of to much lower back pain.

Worked a lot of cows and broke a few horses in them.

Hard to get into but once there they fit like a glove.
Surprised I haven't seen mentioned a pair of old Hermann Survivors.
SOB. Do i really have to dig those out, Wabi.
I've got a pair of jungle boots that I wore in Vietnam. Also, a pair of Ho Chi Minh sandals from the same time.
Sorel Mark V pac boots form the mid 1970s
When I first started Wildland firefighting I bought a set of Chippewa boots because they fit incredibly well. However, they did not have the aggressive sole.

I still have them, probably 30 years old now and they fit great. Thanks for reminding me I should dig them out and wear them on the Flatlands when I'm not in West Virginia.
I have a pair of white Sorel snow bears I bought back in high school that were used for calling coyotes and winter bow hunting as well as snowmobiling.
A pair of Herman Survivors I bought in 1972-73.
I'm still wearing a pair of Chippewa snake boots that my father bought for him in the early 80s.
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t have any old shoes, I have maybe six pairs altogether, Wifey has several hundred.

Hundreds? Really? Where does she keep them?
A well-worn and abused pair of Danner Ft. Lewis Go-Devils from about 1997. The sole's getting thin and they leak a little, but otherwise still in good shape.
Oldest would have to be a pair of LaCrosse Ice Kings that I bought in around 1993/1994.
I have a pair of Sorel boots with the vibram sole from 1970. I'm going to rename them the Slum 1X.
Originally Posted by arkypete
A pair of Herman Survivors I bought in 1972-73.

There we go, I knew we'd have some survivors wink
I have a pair of black Army boots issued to me in 1985. My feet have grown 1 full size since I was issued them so they fit really tight. They are great boots otherwise.
kwg
Baby shoes (now Christmas ornaments) from 1965. Cowboy boots from 1981 and a duffle bag full of Army boots from 1984...they really need to be thrown out...
Originally Posted by Centennial
Baby shoes (now Christmas ornaments) from 1965. Cowboy boots from 1981 and a duffle bag full of Army boots from 1984...they really need to be thrown out...

do you have any 9.5's or 10's before you give them a toss ?
kwg
My bronzed baby shoes, probably from 1946. grin
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire