Home
Posted By: strosfann Good news only - 01/29/21
Reality is depressing these days and even most of the topics here on the forum swerve off into the demise of our country in one way or another.

Thought I’d start a new post where folks can post up some good news for a change. Would love to hear what’s good in everyone’s life. No boundaries on what it is as long as it related to them or loved ones - I’ll start.

I decided to make an effort to drop the extra 40 lbs I’m carrying by making some simple lifestyle choices around eating and activity. 6’4 and 275 today - looking for 245 by mid June and 235 when deer season opens in November.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
I woke up this morning and found my lungs were sucking air and my heart was pumping blood.
A good day!
Posted By: logger Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Well, we got a new part for our boat and I plan to install it tomorrow. It's winter, so it's a great time to fire up the wood stove in the shop, turn on some Alan Jackson and work on all of the outside equipment.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
One of my favorite LGS opens up tommorow at 10 am.
Been closed since the 15 th
And semi trucks have been seen in the parking lot during this timeline.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
I took off tomorrow to hunt the last weekend of the deer season.

Good news for me. 😂
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
There was Jim beam in the cabinet, ice in the freezer and a clean glass in the cupboard when I got home.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
The Lord Jesus Christ died on a cross 2000 years ago and forgave all my sins **FREE FOR THE ASKING** I took him up on it in April of 1982. The best news in the universe.
Posted By: krp Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Finally got some moisture here in the desert, snow low enough had a few flakes in the valley on the jobsite. Snow on the Superstitions, pictures are from both ways, looking to Mesa/Phoenix. Last picture you can barely see the mountains in the far back are covered in white... Four Peaks.

Supposed to get another half inch tomorrow, we need all we can get.

Kent
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Good idea! Always something to be thankful for.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Got my vaccine yesterday, and the 2nd one is scheduled for March 2nd. I just might make it through this alive :-)
Posted By: ironbender Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by Biebs
Got my vaccine yesterday, and the 2nd one is scheduled for March 2nd. I just might make it through this alive :-)

Just like the 99.7% of the rest.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by renegade50

If I owned a gun store, that might be the new business model.

Store closed except at the beginning and middle of the month. Inventory arrives palletized, brought into store, day before the sale opening hire temps to stock shelves overnight, full crew for the opening, sell everything in one day in this market, count money, turn off lights and lower thermostat to reduce overhead, go home until the next shipment arrives.

Lather, rinse and repeat..
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
I went to the Doc today.

Was informed I'll probably not die tonight.

I had some bluefin tuna for dinner.

My dogs still love me. The wife apparently too, as she returned home from her pottery class instead of running away from home.
Posted By: andrews1958 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Started taking better care of myself at 62. Blood pressure is down to 117/ 75.Total cholesterol 128 mg/dL Now just need to loose 15lbs
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
In the morning it is Friday, party time.
Posted By: DouginAlaska Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
We got our hog we ordered in April. Hams, bacon and everything else looks great. Also, my dogs love me but don't know about my wife. eek
Posted By: hanco Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
It’s Friday, we are going to see Wade Bowen tonight. Dance Wifey a while. Probably have a little Jack, be a tough day tomorrow, gotta work. I ain’t as young as I once was, but I ain’t dead yet!!
Posted By: OldHat Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Christ is my Savior.
Posted By: Rooney Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Mine too!
Posted By: 7mmStwer Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Lots to be Thankful and Happy for here.

-Gotta lose some weight. After second retirement I realize sitting on my butt drinking beer is not a retirement plan. Have lost 17# this past 4 weeks and temporary goal is 12 more, then on to a little more.

-Found 2 packs of 500 rounds of 9mm ammo yesterday for $149 each at Bass Pro. Bought both, one for me and one for my son. Yippeee!

-At Dr. yesterday and all is great for my 68 years with only one small dose of BP meds per day. No other meds

-Got first Covid dose last week and round 2 on February 12.

-Planned a 2 week vacation to the Caribbean in early April for some sun and sand.

- Lastly and most importantly, My Loving Wife still loves me
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
The coffee is as good as it smells, and the fire is as hot.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Good morning all! This is a day The Lord hath made let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Everyday above ground and being a O2 user is a decent one.

Meanwhile Joey the rubber stamp feeble minded fool is stil signing EO,s put in front of him by his handlers and puppeteer masters.

Tearing the nation down
Day by Day..

Sorry ....
I had to say it....

But everything really aint great at all guys.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Didn’t take long to get this thread derailed so will redirect it with this:

It’s Friday and I don’t have a single obligation this weekend. I’m going to clean some guns, organize my reloading supplies and build a reloading bench.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Good news only - 01/29/21
Originally Posted by renegade50

Score again good Ren50?
Posted By: krp Re: Good news only - 01/29/21

London broil for 1.97... sliced for jerky and cubed the trimmings for fajitas tonight, wife has ablondigas soup cooking.

Taking the grandkids to the snow this weekend.

Kent
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Jesus is my Lord. I have a good family, we have food,water, shelter, clothing, good health. I have learned a few, and I mean few things on the fire. It's entertaining though.
Posted By: krp Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
On Dec. 12, my wife had 3 strokes within 8 hours. Luckily, we got her to a Dr while she was having the 3rd. I have taken 8 weeks family medical leave and thanks be to God, she is recovering extremely well. Next step may or may not be cardiac surgery to repair a hole in her heart. She is responding well to the medication, her blood pressure is down and her pulse rate is great. This is about as positive as I can be.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
People who are not attached to TV evening news out of habit have a much higher likelihood of being better informed.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
People who are not attached to TV evening news out of habit have a much higher likelihood of being better informed.

Yes^^^^^^
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Finally retired two mondays ago , takes some getting used to .
Thawed out this past seasons deer meat I had deboned and packed away to grind later . With what I had processed early and in the last couple days , ended up with over 50 lbs of deer burger .
Got a few pounds of bear burger from a fellow s few days ago .
Eating well , maybe too well . Deer steaks and eggs for wife and I for breakfast and various fixins she puts together for dinner .
Rounded up my trout fishing stuff , going to hit the streams next week .
Kenneth
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Finally retired two mondays ago , takes some getting used to .
Thawed out this past seasons deer meat I had deboned and packed away to grind later . With what I had processed early and in the last couple days , ended up with over 50 lbs of deer burger .
Got a few pounds of bear burger from a fellow s few days ago .
Eating well , maybe too well . Deer steaks and eggs for wife and I for breakfast and various fixins she puts together for dinner .
Rounded up my trout fishing stuff , going to hit the streams next week .
Kenneth

Enjoy it, sir! I know that I would.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
On Dec. 12, my wife had 3 strokes within 8 hours. Luckily, we got her to a Dr while she was having the 3rd. I have taken 8 weeks family medical leave and thanks be to God, she is recovering extremely well. Next step may or may not be cardiac surgery to repair a hole in her heart. She is responding well to the medication, her blood pressure is down and her pulse rate is great. This is about as positive as I can be.

I hope your bride recovers as much as possible, and that any surgeries are a great success.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
I bought a Dillion 550 probably 30 years ago.... got 9 different tool heads set up and have only used it very intermittently because it never really ran smoothly.... it was like a car that is out of alinement settings didn't stay right and the priming system always gave me fits.... over the years Dillion would send me new parts... I bought after market parts for the shell plate and priming system still lots of frustration.

I got a return authorization right after Christmas and shipped it back to the mother ship. Dillion said it would be 3 or 4 weeks before they could get to it because they are slammed . UPS took 10 DAYS to get it to the factory. It was less than 2 weeks before it arrived at my door . The UPS driver is a buddy and a big time shooter He was grinning like a Cheshire cat when he delivered it.

They rebuilt the press to the 550 C version sent a new priming system that works and replaced my old style powder measure with a new one....all for free. I've now reloaded every .45 acp case in the house and just switched over to 45 auto rim. The system now works as advertised. There was no note about what was going on with it. Wish I'd sent it back years ago.

I have a bunch of components that have been gathering dust over the years. The Winter project is now to reload every case in the house; 9 MM 10 MM .38 Special .357 magnum .44 magnum .45 Colt .223 .308 and 45-70. We live in the Country and I can shoot all I want out back. I've started casting bullets again and had my first attempt at powder coating work out just fine.

I'm still looking for probably 500 pounds of WW ingots I melted down 30 years ago.... I know I didn't throw them out... they must be down there in the basement... somewhere..... covered in dust.
Um, someone else have good news to post? This topic seems like a really good idea. I'm trying to go cold turkey on the "news... " type news. I probably will not last long. Even a few days away from it is likely to improve my mood though. Time to focus on things I can do something about , like finding several hundred pounds of lead ingots I smelted down a LONG time ago....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Healthy, happy, pain free, not hungry, not cold.

Winning....
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Retired, not hurting too much, got a great wife, time to do stuff I'm still able to do.
Still in His grip.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Hillary is one day closer to death.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by ingwe
Hillary is one day closer to death.

So is nancy P and chucky S along with a whole metric ton of hippies and assorted near do well's who managed to get elected. That is positive news.

kwg
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Got a date with a 27 yr old tonite 😎
Posted By: strosfann Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Was able to sell a gun to a forum member here. It was a gun he’d been looking for for a while and really wanted. It was expendable enough to me that I could sell it below current market value including a very nice scope and be OK with it since it is going to get used. Also noticed this is my 1k post.
Posted By: ledvm Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by the_shootist
The Lord Jesus Christ died on a cross 2000 years ago and forgave all my sins **FREE FOR THE ASKING** I took him up on it in April of 1982. The best news in the universe.

Amen
Posted By: slumlord Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Got a date with a 27 yr old tonite 😎

What’s his name? 😃
Wife and I both probably could have earned 30% more living in a less rural area.... retirement accounts would now be fatter too. Now we are getting letters from relators saying they could "sell our home at historically high price in a manner of weeks due to unprecedented demand for rural properties"... No thanks. We can shoot out to 400 + yards in the back pasture..... We know and like our neighbors. I have a Ham radio tower on a narrow ridgetop that has great take off angles in 3 directions... Asia is hard from here because there is a ridge maybe 250 feet taller than the antennas on the property.

I have another Ham friend that lives 2 ridge tops over from me. His house is less the 200 feet higher in elevation but there are no mountains higher than his antennas for 10 miles in any location. When we are on the same frequencies he hears stations I can't even tell are there and gets signal reports that are often much higher than mine....

I had been thinking about spending a bunch of money to put up bigger taller antennas. Another friend used a terrain mapping software program to help me gauge how much benefit I might expect.... turns out not much..... It's location location location with armature radio too. Now I'm thinking about portable antennas that can fit into the receiver hitch on my truck. When it's dry I can drive to 2 different spots on the property that are 300 feet higher than my base antenna. I can drive less than a half hour and get to locations that are close to 2000 feet higher..... I'm grateful to live in area where I can enjoy my hobbies with minimal risk of running into escaping zombie hoards...cool
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
I have a pint of Moonshine and peaches together.
Originally Posted by ledvm

Amen

Really, the ONLY news in the history of mankind.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by ledvm

Amen

Really, the ONLY news in the history of mankind.

?

mike r
The NEWS is so good it overshadows all the rest.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Good news only - 01/30/21
I'm alive. wife hasn't killed me yet. Negative on the .gov covid according to test results. Went out and pushed snow with the mini today and whooped my kids ass in jenga and rummy today.

I'm not arguing
Grandsons are great.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
9u9s are great to. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Think S9ing![Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: strosfann Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
Did a little inventory and have about 2k more rimfire rds than I’d have guessed!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

I hope your bride recovers as much as possible, and that any surgeries are a great success.

Thank you for your words. We both thank God she is not worse than she is.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
Moonshine is da bomb
Chickens, and eggs are cheap! laugh
Beef is plentiful!
Flowers in church this morning[Linked Image from i.imgur.com].
Posted By: antlers Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Did 10 miles along the Arkansas this morning.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
My son just finished his Air Force basic training and will be based at the Presidio in California for his advanced training Good job son!
I played with some eraser nipples last night and this morning. Thank God for boobies
I’m drunk
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I’m drunk

Mission accomplished. Good news!
Posted By: strikeu Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
I played with some eraser nipples last night and this morning. Thank God for boobies

erasers on oil...that's as good as it's gonna get. were they Asian? (just appease me and say yes)
Yes 😂
I’m still drunk
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
I’m still drunk

Another herpes flareup?
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Good news only - 01/31/21

woke up this morning with a woody......

life is good
Posted By: kingston Re: Good news only - 01/31/21
We got fresh snow overnight. The world is all clean and bright.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
I’m drunk

I’m envious
I’m still drunk

I’m still envious
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I’m still drunk

Another herpes flareup?

Wrong thread you blowhard fairy phagg got
Originally Posted by kingston

8” here. It’s a veritable winter wonderland!
Originally Posted by tikkanut

life is good

Originally Posted by tikkanut

life is good

What did your gf think?
I’m still drunk

Another herpes flareup?

You were better as the hysterical guy, than the bitter guy.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Almost had a threesome last night!
Just needed 2 more people.
Posted By: papalondog Re: Good news only - 02/01/21

Bottom line!
The dog still really likes me.
LOL at the shock collar on the GSP !
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m still drunk

Another herpes flareup?

You were better as the hysterical guy, than the bitter guy.

Ballz needs to go beat his wife then get back online.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Been on a winning streak at the local casinos. I take the wife and (or) daughter just to play the penny slots as a distraction from crappy weather and Covid BS. Won $1181 dollars on a 75¢ bet Friday and $1150 on 50¢ bets today. Yeah...I get it, that's minus the $300 I brought with me each day.

Posted By: kingston Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Been on a winning streak at the local casinos. I take the wife and (or) daughter just to play the penny slots as a distraction from crappy weather and Covid BS. Won $1181 dollars on a 75¢ bet Friday and $1150 on 50¢ bets today. Yeah...I get it, that's minus the $300 I brought with me each day.

Don't tell me you took up chain smoking...
Originally Posted by jackmountain

8” here. It’s a veritable winter wonderland!

It's been blowing like hell all day. From the couch the drifts almost look like beach dunes.

Don't tell me you took up chain smoking...

What...and throw away money?
I just can't imagine slot machines w/o chain smokers!
I just can't imagine slot machines w/o chain smokers!

And every other addiction, but this is the positive thread
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
[Linked Image from achristianpilgrim.files.wordpress.com]
Are you going to put some of those winning in AMC and GME?
No questions in the good news thread
Posted By: DMc Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by antlers
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]Did 10 miles along the Arkansas this morning.

You have a drift boat? How'd you do?
No questions in the good news thread

The OP is a question...

JD and COKE.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
The world is a pretty depressing place, and it's hard for me to not be depressed because of it. But, I have a savior who has redeemed me, a woman who loves me, and I know that even though we don't have much, we are better prepared for the ugliness that is coming than probably 90+% of the population.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
John Three sixteen

JD and COKE.

I've been thinking that I my never sell my shares in either, just on principle.
Posted By: antlers Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by DMc
You have a drift boat? How'd you do?
I don’t have a drift boat my friend. I was afoot. I was trekkin’.
I’m still still drunk
As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil
Posted By: antlers Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John Three sixteen
The Gospel in a nutshell.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Two of my Monday AM time suck meetings have been canceled! I may actually get something done (if I can refrain from checking on 24HR unless multitasking like now).
Posted By: smarquez Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
Originally Posted by krp

Damn!! Albondigas for the win!!
Posted By: smarquez Re: Good news only - 02/01/21
I missed this on Friday but Friday was my 8th anniversary of being retired.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
I’m still still drunk

X2
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
I was supposed to go to Schittburger, on the other end of the state, for work tomorrow and would have had to leave at the ass-crack of dawn. My trip to Schittburger got cancelled, so now I can stay here in Possumfucqk.

Didn't want to go to Schittburger.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
This is a day The Lord hath made, let us rejoice, and be glad in it,!
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
I was supposed to go to Schittburger, on the other end of the state, for work tomorrow and would have had to leave at the ass-crack of dawn. My trip to Schittburger got cancelled, so now I can stay here in Possumfucqk.

You possum fugk
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Good news only - 02/03/21

You possum fugk

That's Mr. Possum Fugk, to you.
Posted By: EdM Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by krp

Indeed. Not found in Texas but all over north Idaho.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Good news only - 02/03/21

You possum fugk

That's Mr. Possum Fugk, to you.

Damn right.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
I’m still still drunk

X2

X3

Why not?

Its Friday after all.
Posted By: krp Re: Good news only - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by krp

Indeed. Not found in Texas but all over north Idaho.

Albondigas sopa came from Spain to Mexico, there's a million ways to make it. My wife's grandfather came from Spain to Caborca Mexico and married her grandmother, they had farms in Caborca, the asparagus capital of the world, and Yuma Az, citrus and cotton. My wife learned to make it from her grandmother.

In restaurants there's all different varieties, the broth can be clear or red usually. My wife will order it if it's clear, the red usually tastes like cambells vegetable beef.

My wife's is very good, add a buttered tortilla and you're set.

Kent
© 24hourcampfire