Home
Posted By: hatari Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Not a good time to be friends or relatives to Hatari, boys. Got the word that Covid claimed my cousin last night. In the last 8 months, I've lost my step mother, father in law, aunt, and a couple of buddies including Don Sutton. However, only aunt and cousin were offical Covid casualties.

Cousin had a long history of heart trouble, and a month ago, went under the knife to get a spot removed from his lung. Tested positive for Covid at the hospital, but they sent him home. Hmmm, hisotry of significant heart disease, just had his lung cut on, tests positve for Covid, but he gets sent home? A week later, he's back in the hospital. Short story, his lungs filled up, and with his weakened heart, kidneys shut down. Dialysis was rough on his heart and body, and last night, he checked out.

Does this change my opinion on Covid and how it has been handled? No, viruses do what viruses do. Regular old influenza probably would have done him in the same manner. I have some questions about how my cousin was handled, but I get all the info from his wife and son, and that is only semi reliable.

So the message is, love your relatives and friends while you have them. That's all from here.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
So sorry to hear of this, pal. May God bless and comfort all involved.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry man.
We ain't through it yet.
Hang in there
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry to hear this Hatari... frown

I think everyone knows someone it has taken. Some closer than others.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your losses.
May he RIP. Condolences.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21

🙏🙏🙏
Posted By: efw Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So sorry to hear of this, pal. May God bless and comfort all involved.

Yep May the peace of the Holy Spirit comfort his widow and all who mourn him.
I don't want to be 'that guy' so I won't be.

Sorry for your loss. Life is such a fragile thing. You have my sincere condolences.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Condolences to you and your family. That sucks.
Originally Posted by hatari
Not a good time to be friends or relatives to Hatari, boys. Got the word that Covid claimed my cousin last night. In the pofficialast 8 months lost my step mother, father in law, aunt, and a couple of buddies including Don Sutton. However, only aunt and cousin were offical Covid casualties.

Cousin had a long history of heart trouble, and a month ago, went under the knife to get a spot removed from his lung. Tested positive for Covid at the hospital, but they sent him home. Hmmm, hisotry of significant heart disease, just had his lung cut on, tests positve for Covid, but he gets sent home? A week later, he's back in the hospital. Short story, his lungs filled up, and with his weakened heart, kidneys shut down. Dialysis was rough on his heart and body, and last night, he checked out.

Does this change my opinion on Covid and how it has been handled? No, viruses do what viruses do. Regular old influenza probably would have done him in the same manner. I have some questions about how my cousin was handled, but I get all the info from his wife and son, and that is only semi reliable.

So the message is, love your relatives and friends while you have them. That's all from here.
Sorry to hear this. Did they deny him Ivermectin?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry to hear this, Hat.
Posted By: Osky Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
RIP. Condolences to you the living.

Osky
Posted By: elkmtb Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
The wife had a coworked who was having breathing problems and was sent home. He died. I think the Dr's and nurses are worn out and GAF is busted, over worked and over booked for months on end now.

Sent my neice from icu to home with no inbetween. she lived
Posted By: hatari Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
]Sorry to hear this. Did they deny him Ivermectin?

I'm not sure what protocols they used. Once he was in the hospital, I do know they gave some more advanced treatments. While I'm a believer in ivermectin and have taken it myself when my immediate family had Covid (and I remained neg for antibodies until vaccinated), Iver and hydroxy are most effective early on. (IMHO) I would have investigated giving him hydro and/or ivermectin when they sent him home with a positive test, but I seriously doubt any hospital would consider it. His heart condition was a major consideration with what treatment he could and coould not tolerate.

Healthy people always fare better than the medically compromised.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your and the family's loss hatari.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
very sad. prayers for the survivors.
Sorry, prayers for you all.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Deans Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
My condolences to you and your family. Prayers sent.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Deepest condolences
Sorry for your losses...

Mike
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Dang Hatari, your family sure has been hit hard by this.
Condolences for all involved.
Thx, guys.

Again, not starting a pity party. My message is simply that life is unpredicable, and not forever. If you have friends or loved ones, even cousins, aunts/uncles around, pick up the phone now and then and give them ring or pay them a visit. You never know. When you get a run like I've had of people checking out, makes you think.

Jag - this was my cousin in Eastland, TX. Had to send him to Abeline to get any sort of sophisticated care. Surprised they didn't go to Dallas, but his heart was a limiting facor. Guess I'll be in Eastland sometime soon. Last time I was anywhere out there was Midland for my buddy's memorial 2 years ago.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Condolences for you and your loved ones, B!

Sorry to hear.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
A heavy toll for you sir, we lost 4 inside of year in 2008. A cousin, an aunt, my grandmother and then my mom. Aunt dropped dead when she found out my cousin had passed (her daughter) They were in the hospital same time.

Condolences from Tennessee

Posted By: 12344mag Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
My condolences Hat, of course you're right, many times we take things for granted that we should be paying attention to.

Just an FYI, I ain't afeared of being your friend as long as you stay in GA........ wink
Originally Posted by elkmtb
The wife had a coworked who was having breathing problems and was sent home. He died. I think the Dr's and nurses are worn out and GAF is busted, over worked and over booked for months on end now.

Sent my neice from icu to home with no inbetween. she lived

Yes heaven forbid they do their job.....poor them.
Posted By: goalie Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss

☹️
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss, Hatari.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
I'm sorry for your loss.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
My condolences Hat, of course you're right, many times we take things for granted that we should be paying attention to.

Just an FYI, I ain't afeared of being your friend as long as you stay in GA........ wink

Well thx! I find that comforting. LOL.

I wonder if Texas will put me on a no fly list? wink

I'm considering becoming a big Biden/Harris donor to see if I can get to be buddies with them. At the rate things are going that could save America. smile
Posted By: Scotty Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss,
Posted By: jdunham Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by hatari
Thx, guys.

Again, not starting a pity party. My message is simply that life is unpredicable, and not forever. If you have friends or loved ones, even cousins, aunts/uncles around, pick up the phone now and then and give them ring or pay them a visit. You never know. When you get a run like I've had of people checking out, makes you think.

Jag - this was my cousin in Eastland, TX. Had to send him to Abeline to get any sort of sophisticated care. Surprised they didn't go to Dallas, but his heart was a limiting facor. Guess I'll be in Eastland sometime soon. Last time I was anywhere out there was Midland for my buddy's memorial 2 years ago.

Never hurts to stop and appreciate everything and everyone you have. Life is indeed short. We had a big loss this year and I try to count my blessings often and appreciate everything I have. Sorry for your loss Hatari, you have a had a rough year for sure.
Posted By: pahick Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss
Posted By: hanco Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
I’m very sorry for your loss, may he Rest In Peace
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
I have a cousin and his wife who are prime candidates for covid. They're early 70's. He's obese and a brittle diabetic. She has Parkinsons. They both have to use walkers to move around. If either of them gets it, they'll probably both be dead within weeks. They've been hiding out in the house, almost immobile, for 9 months now. They only leave home for groceries and doctor appointments (LOTS of those).
Posted By: badger Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Condolences Hat frown
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
They seem to come in groups sometimes. '06 was my rough year. I lost a nephew, my father, and my wife that year from various physical causes.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sincere condolences, Doc, you're dispensing good advice. I' think I will put it to good use, today.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Bummer dude, that sucks.

Condolences all around.

the Biden/Harris thing you proposed? I found that pretty funny. Go for it, what have we got to lose, right?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Amen to the above.
Posted By: jwall Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sorry to hear this Hatari... frown

I think everyone knows someone it has taken. Some closer than others.

YEP ! Lost a mcy riding pard Mon.

Sorry Hatari
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry to hear, hatari.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Blessings and condolences to you and yours Hatari.

You and many here were very supportive in your comments last year when my Father passed from Covid. I'll never forget that.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Blessings and condolences to you and yours Hatari.

You and many here were very supportive in your comments last year when my Father passed from Covid. I'll never forget that.

I glad that you found some solace and confort in our best wishes, as I have here.

Our passions get so inflamed on various poltical topics around it's easy to forget that there is a bigger picture. Thx for the kind words.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
I’m sorry to hear. Strength to your family.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry Hat, definitely been a year!
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
It killed my mother this afternoon. Her doctors refused to try Ivermectin or convalescent plasma which they had on hand. She struggled and suffered mightily for the past two weeks.
Posted By: AML Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Blackheart, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing your mother is really hard. You are in my prayers. Same for Hatari.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
That’s a lot of loss for a person and family in a short time frame.

Condolences, hat

🦫
Originally Posted by Blackheart
It killed my mother this afternoon. Her doctors refused to try Ivermectin or convalescent plasma which they had on hand. She struggled and suffered mightily for the past two weeks.

Dammit! Sorry to hear that.
Just why dafuk Drs. are refusing to try something as simple and safe as Ivermectin I just don't understand.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sure hate to read this. Prayers for your family. These are trying times.
Posted By: rong Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Condolences to both of you guys and your families.
Stay strong during these difficult times.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21

My condolences on the loss of your Mom BH, losing Mom is gonna be hard.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Damn, sorry to hear this 😕
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have a cousin and his wife who are prime candidates for covid. They're early 70's. He's obese and a brittle diabetic. She has Parkinsons. They both have to use walkers to move around. If either of them gets it, they'll probably both be dead within weeks. They've been hiding out in the house, almost immobile, for 9 months now. They only leave home for groceries and doctor appointments (LOTS of those).

I got a cousin and his wife both in their 60’s, he has a bad heart and has had strokes, she’s on cancer therapy. They’ve been hiding out at home since March also.
Posted By: J23 Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry for your loss my friend.
Posted By: burrinho Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/03/21
Sorry COVID has hit my relatives and friends pretty hard over the past few months too. I think it is about seven. A couple of them were not in the high-risk groups.

My wife and a kid had it three weeks ago, they felt pretty crappy but thankfully medical services were not needed.

Viruses do what viruses do, we just have to work around it the best we can. Too bad it screwed over a whole year, and many lives.

Sorry man, that's really tough.

I lost my mom a just few years ago and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten over it...or even dealt with the loss in any meaningful way...for that matter.

So sorry to hear this. Stay strong.
Posted By: hatari Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21

Damn, that is indeed sad news. Heartfelt condolences, Blackheart.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21
So sorry to hear of these tragedies Jeff. Prayers sent your way.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Sorry man, that's really tough.

I lost my mom a just few years ago and I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten over it...or even dealt with the loss in any meaningful way...for that matter.

So sorry to hear this. Stay strong.

My Mom has been gone since 2008, it's not something you get over, it's something you learn to live with.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by burrinho
Sorry COVID has hit my relatives and friends pretty hard over the past few months too. I think it is about seven. A couple of them were not in the high-risk groups.

My wife and a kid had it three weeks ago, they felt pretty crappy but thankfully medical services were not needed.

Viruses do what viruses do, we just have to work around it the best we can. Too bad it screwed over a whole year, and many lives.

Eat a bag of dicks, nobody cares, you've burnt that bridge dickhead.
I am very sorry to hear of this terrible news. Prayers for you and your family, from us in N.C.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21
May the Lord please bless all that have been affected by the 2020 virus and future viruses to come. May the Lord strengthen us to carry on with goodness and kindness and generosity in our heart for our fellow man deserving of the Lord's Grace. Amen
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Covid claims my cousin - 02/04/21
Amen, good fellow!
© 24hourcampfire