Home
Everyone who invests needs to watch this.
In general I'm not a fan of Bloomberg new, nor do I agree with this gentleman's view's on global warming, but everything else he says is consistent with my interpretation of current events. Grantham is NOT a perma-bear and has a good history of identifying asset bubbles. Make no mistake, we are in an asset bubble. There might even be a couple more legs up, but eventually there will be no more bigger fools and confidence will break. That will be the beginning of something...not good.

Great listen

Here’s a somewhat alternative viewpoint.

https://i.rmbl.ws/s8/1/R/v/D/u/RvDub.OvCc-small-Dr-Paul-Craig-Roberts-talks.jpg
Sorry I don’t know how to imbed any other than YouTube videos
Ron Paul and the rest of the Austrian economists have been sounding the alarm bells about how fiscal policy would result in this for a looooooong fugn time now. But since none of them are part of the financial-industrial complex like the major media are, their opinions haven't much volume or magnitude.

I've taken Austrian stance and I'm about as set as I'm going to get without betting the house on it.
I finally got around to watching it. Its been showing up on my Youtube feed and been posted twice here.

Grantham's analysis is spot on. But it was spot on last year, the year before, the year before that and the year before that too. TSLA is egregiously and I mean EGREGIOUSLY overpriced.....like pricing in the owning the auto market for the next thousand years overpriced. It has been that way for several years, that is why guys short it and they keep getting squeezed out so it goes up and the cycle repeats. Its killed more bears than Boone and Crockett put together.

Eventually, the big grizzly bears are gonna eat. I thought they were gonna feed last March but the guys with money bazookas chased them back into their dens.
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.
Originally Posted by ihookem
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.
Originally Posted by Fiddy

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.

I'm going to start moving some of the Growth Funds to Balanced Funds in an attempt to keep more of the gains.
Originally Posted by centershot

I'm going to start moving some of the Growth Funds to Balanced Funds in an attempt to keep more of the gains.

Just don't get caught in bonds when interest rates start going up.

As interest rates increase, bond prices decrease.
Watched the vid. last night.

Nothing new just common sense, but no one wants to listen that, "to the moooon?!".

You don't fix a debt problem by increasing your debt.
Sounds a lot like Marc Faber and Granville.
A market crash is always coming.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This guy is no Marc Faber.

Faber's a quack who should be ignored.
Sell!
Originally Posted by xarcher
A market crash is always coming.

Exactly.
And prediction of that is difficult at best. Some expert will get lucky and accurately predict the market crash. The many other experts will be wrong.
I don’t know which one will be the lucky one.
So I’ll stay in a balanced portfolio and not try to guess the crash.
It's coming, but the next stimulus could push it back another 9-12 months. It's going to be pretty epic when it hits.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This guy is no Marc Faber.

Faber's a quack who should be ignored.

Yep. Known as Dr. Doom and gloom and for a long while.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
It's coming, but the next stimulus could push it back another 9-12 months. It's going to be pretty epic when it hits.

It will take a lot more than one stimbumus to keep this house of cards standing.

Dumped all mutual funds several days ago. Went all in on a couple money market accounts.. for now.

Don't care what the market does now. Don't need the income. Just preservation of capital in those accounts. More or less savings accounts at this point, anyway. I'll figure out where I want to put that money soon.

Rents come in every month. So does social security. Above my needs.

You Youngbloods bustin on boomers, keep those lawns mowed. Social Security coming 2nd Wednesday.

New stimbumus should be soon.

Enjoy the journey.
The market is going up because of the Fed and the government being money supply whores. When we hit the intersection of tightening money supply and the reality of the anti capitalist Marxist regime, there's going to be a bloody mess.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The market is going up because of the Fed and the government being money supply whores. When we hit the intersection of tightening money supply and the reality of the anti capitalist Marxist regime, there's going to be a bloody mess.

You got it, Jake.
Go PRECIUOS METALS....
I wipe my ass with $100 bills.Just sayin !!
Send lawyers guns and money!
Originally Posted by Raspy
Go PRECIUOS METALS....

crypto took took the wind out of the sails of precious metals
Tag for later....

Fiddy, tha is a problem in the 401K's . My wife has the same problem but we found a few funds we felt were better. I need a list to tell you but I can say the madcap value funds are lagging the S&P 500 fund by quite a margin. The more conservative large cap value funds are way behind the growth funds too. However, they are quite high also, but they just got back up to the pre covid crash. I would still put some in bonds, but not much and a lot depends on what kind of bonds are available. I have a bond that will likely go up if interest rates rise. The ticker is PONAX. The reason is cause they are overweight in mortgages . When rates do go up, there will be more profit in those securities. This fund pays about 3.5% in dividends and pays monthly. I know, 3.5% is not much and the fund is almost as high as it was 2 yrs ago, however the fund does not move up or down much. Fiddy, what are the fund choices and it wont take long to tell the better ones for a market that just cant have prices like this for tech stocks. They are way over priced.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I've been warning everybody I know who's in the stock market to get OUT before June 1st..... Maybe I'm wrong. But we'll see........

I hate to say it Fiddy, but there is very little there .. I have one fund that is offered and that is the S&P 500 fund and I have been getting out of it . American Century midcap is ok but they are charging you a lot of money. That fund is the only thing that is close. It is a shame that 401K 's are so lame. My son works for an investment company and does all the buying and selling. He sees this stuff all the time and says it if not very diverse and offerings can be real lame.
Biden gonna print another 2 trillion, taking off right where Trump left off.

The stock market whores need another hit of fed printing.

They'll get it and the bubble will continue to expand.

I've moved a bunch off. Real estate and metals.
don't knock the target date retirement funds from vanguard. decent returns, ultra low fees and automatic rebalancing. i moved most of my retirement money to them years ago and have done well. but that said, with retirement looming, i have 5+ years of expenses in money markets earning next to nothing. as a long term investor this pains me, but it will allows one to ride out a bear market without selling any of the less conservative holdings during downturns.
Originally Posted by Redneck
I've been warning everybody I know who's in the stock market to get OUT before June 1st..... Maybe I'm wrong. But we'll see........

Im thinking by April, but who knows
Originally Posted by rem141r
don't knock the target date retirement funds from vanguard. decent returns, ultra low fees and automatic rebalancing. i moved most of my retirement money to them years ago and have done well. but that said, with retirement looming, i have 5+ years of expenses in money markets earning next to nothing. as a long term investor this pains me, but it will allows one to ride out a bear market without selling any of the less conservative holdings during downturns.

You know, rem141r, the target date funds are likely the best he has. It is an easy way to just invest. I dont care all that much for target date funds, however, in the long run, they are likely to do as well as anything else without all the stock picking.
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Raspy
Go PRECIUOS METALS....

crypto took took the wind out of the sails of precious metals

easier to smuggle out of the country when it collapses
It’s coming and it’ll be a doozy. Like others are saying with all the fed money being barfed up it’s going to postpone it for awhile, people will be in real deep.

I’m trying to skirt the collapse, i started moving things around in November. it’s just too good to pull out at the moment.
© 24hourcampfire