Home
Posted By: 5sdad Tire Check - 02/03/21

Do you check your tires, at least visually, EVERY time you are going to go somewhere?
Posted By: ihookem Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
I check them about once week or so , I think.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
No but my dogs do

They even check them when I get back

lol
Posted By: J23 Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
I check air pressure each time I fuel up.
Posted By: PineTop Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
Visual every morning before I leave home.

Air pressure occasionally or if something looks/feels different..

Wife checks hers only after driving 60 or so miles on a flat...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
TPMS checks them every time I start up. smile
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
blush Tri9s mostly. blush
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Tire Check - 02/03/21
Captain's walk around.

Habit from construction sites.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Do you check your tires, at least visually, EVERY time you are going to go somewhere?
Yup...
Posted By: KFWA Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
TPMS is great until is about 10 years old and those batteries in the tire die.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by KFWA
TPMS is great until is about 10 years old and those batteries in the tire die.

Or the tire change dude busts the chit out of it. Then claims it was like that already. Funny it worked just fine 15 min earlier.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Over the years I've gotten pretty good at visually checking tires. Keep a tire pressure gauge in the glove box if I wanna know exactly. My '09 Tacoma doesn't tell me which tire is low if the tire pressure light comes on but by that time I can usually spot it. I drive around for 6 months at a time with that light on because I have two complete sets of wheels & mounted tires. One set for winter and the other set for the rest of the year. One set of wheels doesn't have the tire pressure monitors calibrated to my truck so the tire pressure light stays on even though the pressure is fine. I can live without a tire pressure monitor; have done so most of my life.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Gas station, i do a walk around and check tires.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Over the years I've gotten pretty good at visually checking tires. Keep a tire pressure gauge in the glove box if I wanna know exactly. My '09 Tacoma doesn't tell me which tire is low if the tire pressure light comes on but by that time I can usually spot it. I drive around for 6 months at a time with that light on because I have two complete sets of wheels & mounted tires. One set for winter and the other set for the rest of the year. One set of wheels doesn't have the tire pressure monitors calibrated to my truck so the tire pressure light stays on even though the pressure is fine. I can live without a tire pressure monitor; have done so most of my life.

Same here only on an '11 F250.
Posted By: EdM Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Very rarely. Every few months I will drop by Discount Tire for an air check.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
A couple of years ago I gave everyone in my family and brother and sisters families a good tire gauge for Christmas. The girls and some of the boys I'm sure don't use them. Oh well. Half of them don't change a flat, probably don't know how. All our vehicles have a proper 24 inch breaking handle and lug nut socket in the vehicle. I keep roadside assistance on our vehicles in case of a problem when they are too far away for me to help.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Almost never, until high mileage than I look at tread depth occasionally. All my vehicles have a dash read out for tire pressure.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21

While out desert running BLM roads

will drop air down to 15-16 psi

Pump back up to 34-35 psi when back to pavement using a Viair compressor

Amazing how well the Taco rides at 16 psi & traction in snow just in 2wd

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: tzone Re: Tire Check - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
No but my dogs do

They even check them when I get back

lol

laugh