Home
Has the government abandoned the schools?
In favor of Teacher's unions.
To prevent the spread.
They collect full taxes for education but spend a lot less when the classroom is in your house.

They're seeing the coffers fill by simply saying "not safe" and there's ZERO mechanism to fight back on that and force them to open up.
To save the 85 year olds

At WHATEVER it costs
We are the dumbest country in the world
Originally Posted by BobBrown
To save the 85 year olds

At WHATEVER it costs
We are the dumbest country in the world

No schit.

Its for the children!

Ha!
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
In favor of Teacher's unions.

It’s this ^^^ all day long and twice on weekends.

Teachers should be ashamed of their representation and embarrassed by how weak as a group this makes them look.
Ours has been open since late September/Oct, thankfully.
Open here, but closed in the county next door.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Got lotsa dead kids and teachers?
Because the fuggen indoctrinateors have figured out how to leech a paycheck doing less. While being supported by their cancerous teachers union.

Take care, Willie
Schools were shut down for the same reasons everything else was shut down... to hurt Trump.

Since the January 20th installation though, there's been a push to open the schools back up. Convenient. Problem is... they've got teachers, who are nothing but a giant gaggle of unionized Karen's, so spun up over this nonsense that they're having a hellavu time kickstarting them back into the schools.
Originally Posted by copperking81
Schools were shut down for the same reasons everything else was shut down... to hurt Trump.

Since the January 20th installation though, there's been a push to open the schools back up. Convenient. Problem is... they've got teachers, who are nothing but a giant gaggle of unionized Karen's, so spun up over this nonsense that they're having a hellavu time kickstarting them back into the schools.

That’s why Bidet wants to bribe them with 150 Billion.
It seems that neither side is defending their position. Almost like there is a third party involved. I wonder if the Black Lives Matter doctrine is affecting the negotiations.
We opened in September
So teachers can day drink.
Originally Posted by Teal
They collect full taxes for education but spend a lot less when the classroom is in your house.

They're seeing the coffers fill by simply saying "not safe" and there's ZERO mechanism to fight back on that and force them to open up.

It will help pay the unfunded union pensions in this state.
In a lot of places the teachers won't come back.
Put their jobs out for bids and see what happens.
Follow the Science....Wait, what?
if it wasn't so disgusting it would be funny
The school my two sons attend has never closed.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Teal

It will help pay the unfunded union pensions in this state.

You assume they save it for such a thing. More likely this conversation happens - “I think that Bisexual Asian Studies should have its own building. The question is who goes? The math department or the hockey team?”
Why are we still paying full school taxes? .No buses are running, janitors are not needed heating can turned down,no water is being used.Very little up keep and from what I understand,there is only a small contingent of teachers
No teachers unions down here of any strength. That’s why ours are open.
They’re closed so that the kids can actually learn something.
Just think of all those Bonds that we are paying that were issued by the school districts.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Got lotsa dead kids and teachers?

No. They test at least a couple times a month. A handful pop positive every time but I haven’t heard of any serious illness stemming from positives at the school.

It’s been K and 1 with the upper grades (2,3,4,5) phasing in. I think today is the first day of k-5 all back in class.
Open here, but even if they do come in we’re still on computers, communicating on Zoom simultaneously with those at home that day.

Consequently most of ‘em choose to stay home, can’t say I blame them.
They're open, and have been open, here. Were closed a little longer at Christmas and for Thanksgiving but aside from that it's pretty normal. Most schools are limiting gym capacity for b-ball games and requiring tickets be purchased online.
2 words: Teacher's Unions.
Open here.
Talked to my niece who teaches 4th grade. Her school is open...sort of. Many kids quarantined for various reasons. Some in classroom, some online. Teaching is all over the map and kids know there aren't any consequences for missing assignments or attendance. The kids who are participating are quickly distancing themselves from their classmates. Looks like a new group of "victims" in the education war.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Open here, but even if they do come in we’re still on computers, communicating on Zoom simultaneously with those at home that day.

Consequently most of ‘em choose to stay home, can’t say I blame them.

Mine go in twice a week. My oldest was pissed because attending class put her behind. My youngest has her work finished in 1/2 the time. Shows you how much of the school day is “fluff”.
have to admit it is pretty amusing to see how the leftists are at odds with one another over this
Originally Posted by MM879
Why are the Schools still closed?

Because the Tyrants who want them closed & have power to keep them closed are beholden to the teachers unions who want to keep them closed.

MM
Our area Lutheran High School has remained open as has our area grade schools. They are under constant scrutiny by the health department nazis though, and have had to shut down a few weeks over the last year due to the "surge" in "cases" in the region. All the athletic teams are allowed to proceed, but they all have to wear masks and only family are allowed into the games. Watch a bunch of kids play basketball with masks on and tell me you do not feel pathetically stupid! If I were a kid I would be in prison!
Local districts have split the classes in half,
Some on a every other week schedule with cyber in between,
others every other day.

My kids return to normal schedule 3/1.

My son and daughter-in-law both are teachers. Their school went to a hybrid model last year, started that way this year, then went to complete on-line instruction, and are now back to hybrid. They had no input whatsoever in these decisions. They will tell you that teaching under either of these models requires much more work than in-person learning. They are dedicated and good at their jobs. I am proud of them and I get tired of people lumping "teachers" together in one condemned group. I am sure that there are many teachers, probably grouped together in large population areas where dedication and skill are very small considerations in hiring practices, who are less than caring and competent. Even in those places, I am sure that there are teachers who strive to do the job properly. I get tired of hearing the good teachers painted with the same brush as the poor ones when they deserve better.
The teachers union direction & control is the bulk of the problem on the teachers side of the equation; I'm sure that there are many, although a healthy minority in most metro systems, that would like to do the right thing but are not able.

And to top off the school issue, taken on the whole, school administrators are some of the least competent people in the entire universe.

YMMV, mine doesn't

MM
The good news is even the sheep can no longer deny the existence of the terminal cancer that is teacher unions and education bureaucracies.
I do not know the inner workings of all the districts in the nation, but I would be willing to bet at least some of the direction involves school districts not receiving funds if they do not tow the line being mandated by their states.
If the media reports are correct, teachers are in panic mode.
Originally Posted by 16bore
Mine go in twice a week. My oldest was pissed because attending class put her behind. My youngest has her work finished in 1/2 the time. Shows you how much of the school day is “fluff”.

Could be, but my experience has been, trying to teach a bunch of kids remotely at the same time, you’re lucky if you can cover half as much as you would in person.

The fast kids get done quick, the slower kids, not so much.
Only Democratic states are still closed!
Originally Posted by 5sdad

My son and daughter-in-law both are teachers. Their school went to a hybrid model last year, started that way this year, then went to complete on-line instruction, and are now back to hybrid. They had no input whatsoever in these decisions. They will tell you that teaching under either of these models requires much more work than in-person learning. They are dedicated and good at their jobs. I am proud of them and I get tired of people lumping "teachers" together in one condemned group. I am sure that there are many teachers, probably grouped together in large population areas where dedication and skill are very small considerations in hiring practices, who are less than caring and competent. Even in those places, I am sure that there are teachers who strive to do the job properly. I get tired of hearing the good teachers painted with the same brush as the poor ones when they deserve better.

So would they rather be online / hybrid or in the classroom full time?
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
The good news is even the sheep can no longer deny the existence of the terminal cancer that is teacher unions and education bureaucracies.

Teachers make a decent living, not extravagant..................but the administrators rape & pillage with the absolutely outrageously extravagant & totally unwarranted salaries that they extort form the taxpayers.

For next to no ROI for the work that they do.....................kinda akin to Congress.

And the level of the capabilities of all HS graduates, taken on the whole, surely reflects that level of incompetence.

MM
My grandkids have been attending (in school) classes since last September. No issues what-so-ever. They have participated in sports (volleyball, soccer, track and field and golf) also without issue. BTW, this in in Florida.

I hear you.

Ever heard school teachers talk about homeschooled students?
Because they can’t talk those who drank the kool aid into going back to normal; their propaganda was too effective and they can’t I train the lemmings from running off the hill.
My 5 grader is back 5 full days and my 8th grader is 4 day weeks
Our small rural local School District went to hybrid in-person first of the year. 1/3rd of students are full time remote, by parental choice. 1/3rd "A-Day" M-T In-person, W-F remote. 1/3rd "B-Day" Th-F In-person and M-W remote. All of our teachers would love to be back to full time, all in-person. As noted above, MUCH more work for the teachers in the the hybrid model...

Elsewhere in the state, (think large urban districts, under "D"-bag and union control, teachers still not agreeing to in-person teaching), parents have filed class action lawsuits against the school boards to resume in-person instruction... Should be interesting...
Originally Posted by copperking81

So would they rather be online / hybrid or in the classroom full time?

Definitely class room.
Originally Posted by MM879
Has the government abandoned the schools?

No.

They abandoned the people that use them.

Pay your taxes.
The conservative teachers left/ quit around here.
In big cities the lazy good for nothing teacher union thugs have refused to go back to classroom teaching, even though the CDC has said it's perfectly safe and they've been ordered to. Chicago even spent $100,000,000 on Covid safety provisions and still the lazy good for nothing mobbed up teacher union thugs refuse to go back.

The solution IMO is to give 'em a deadline. If they don't come back, they're fired and will not be rehired. Plus there will be no more negotiations with the union. Just like President Reagan and PATCO.
© 24hourcampfire