Home
Supposedly, it's a good way to straighten a bent shotgun barrel without putting a flat spot in it.

I've also heard that some people beat them on a sand bag.

I beat on a sandbag until it split and dumped sand all over the basement. I'm working on the car tire now.
Take a video with your phone. We wanna see it bounce back and hit your knee cap plus gear you cuss

L
O
L
hmm, might work?
A bag of lead shot is the ONLY way.
I bought an old shotgun. I think some fatass sat on it.

I'm working on it.

So far it's cost me a sandbag.
Originally Posted by boatammo
A bag of lead shot is the ONLY way.

I'll try that next.
I wonder about filling the barrel with sand, or shot?
I've done this many times and the way I was taught was to use a pine tree. Slash or longleaf worked best because the bark was thick and cushioned the blow enough to not put a dent in the barrel. It also works on rifle barrels. Lucky enough, as many times as I've done this, I've never had to try bending a barrel that had a rib on it when the rib side of the barrel needed the whack. On old doubles, or any double, I'd pay attention to barrel wall thickness and some I'd choose not to try this on. The doubles I've done were cheap guns with thick barrels. Practice on old discarded barrels would be a good idea if one is available. It is also not good to let the customer see this being done to their gun. It does work well.
Originally Posted by 348srfun
I've done this many times and the way I was taught was to use a pine tree. Slash or longleaf worked best because the bark was thick and cushioned the blow enough to not put a dent in the barrel. It also works on rifle barrels. Lucky enough, as many times as I've done this, I've never had to try bending a barrel that had a rib on it when the rib side of the barrel needed the whack. On old doubles, or any double, I'd pay attention to barrel wall thickness and some I'd choose not to try this on. The doubles I've done were cheap guns with thick barrels. Practice on old discarded barrels would be a good idea if one is available. It is also not good to let the customer see this being done to their gun. It does work well.

I've beat a sandbag to death and taken 10,000 miles off my spare tire and the shotgun barrel is holding its own.

I think I may have moved it a little bit.
I know a little about bending shotgun barrels...but not straightening them.
Lt. Pat kills birds 90% of the time with a bent barrel.
I’d just adjust my POA to accommodate the bent barrel .
If the birds were flying west to east you wouldn't have to lead them much with this shotgun.

If they were flying east to west you'd have to hold on Modesto, California to hit one.
That's why I always shoot them from right to left. It helps me not shoot behind them.
I've bent/straightened several by sticking the barrel in the crotch of a tree and giving them a yank.
Maybe I'll give that a try too.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I'm working on it.

You overpaid.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That's why I always shoot them from right to left. It helps me not shoot behind them.

Let's not throw in the 410 with a straight barrel. "Remove the bead"...
Bristol, you are a machinest? You must know a lot about steel.
Hacksaw!!
Best thing to do is buy a new barrel and cut the old one down for a coon knocker.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Best thing to do is buy a new barrel and cut the old one down for a coon knocker.

That's good advise.
Well if I ever bend one I ll sell it to Bob Brown because he won't give a fug if it 's straight or not. Mb

That's good advise.

Advice . . . . . .but I'll let it slide this time. See, there is hope for us. 😁
This old shotgun is 87 years old,..and the barrels are handfit to the receivers. It's this barrel or none.

It gives me something to do. When ever I get bored, I take my shotgun barrel out to the garage and beat the fug out of a tire with it until I'm out of breath and wheezing.

Then I sight down it and say, "fug",...then set it aside until next time.

That's good advise.

Advice . . . . . .but I'll let it slide this time. See, there is hope for us. 😁

We're talking about something real.
Reading through this thread is giving me pause the next time I buy a shotgun.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well if I ever bend one I ll sell it to Bob Brown because he won't give a fug if it 's straight or not. Mb

Judging from his posts, Bob Brown could fug up making a peanut butter sandwich.

He's not ready for shotgun barrel straightening.
Originally Posted by prplbkrr
Reading through this thread is giving me pause the next time I buy a shotgun.

Well,...as long as it's not damn near 9 decades old you ought to be all right.

But over the course of 9 decades,...some fat sumbitch is bound to sit on a shotgun and bend the barrel at least once.
If I knew who did it, I'd invite him over and have him sit on the other side. But he's probably dead by now.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've bent/straightened several by sticking the barrel in the crotch of a tree and giving them a yank.

THAT is why picnic tables were invented!

But over the course of 9 decades,...some fat sumbitch is bound to sit on a shotgun and bend the barrel at least once.

Don't you know one of them fat girls from your ramblin' days you could invite over?
How da fug do you wankers bend a shotgun barrel?
Well if you want to get fancy you might try a couple of wooden v blocks on a heavy table/workbench. Put a block under each end of the barrel and a big c clamp in the middle. Pad the clamp with another piece of wood between it and the barrel and crank it until straight.
Originally Posted by EdM

Built-in lead, and I've seen him shoot more than one 16 bird limit with 16 shells.

LOL
Make a padded jig and use a hydraulic jack.

Don't you know one of them fat girls from your ramblin' days you could invite over?

It's not that easy. To straighten a shotgun barrel that some fat sumbitch has sat on you have to take a lot of things into consideration,...weight,....hip structure,..center of mass.

It's a delicate operation.

You cain't just have any old fatazz girl sit on a shotgun and expect it to come out right.

Pawnshops nationwide are full of shotguns that somebody let some old fatazz girl sit on in an attempt to get them straight again.

You pretty much have to have the person that sat on it the first time if you're going to employ the "sit on the other side" method.

,...and if the shotgun is 87 years old, the person who originally sat on it is probably pushing up daisies.

So you beat it on a tire.
If I get to the point that straightening a bent shotgun barrel by beating it against something seems rationale, I’ll use said shotgun to put me out of my misery.
#boomernonsense
I once asked Pat how he was such a good shot with a shotgun, he gave me the best advice I've ever heard when it comes to bird hunting. He said it's not that I'm a great shot, it's just I only shoot at the ones I know I will hit.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If I get to the point that straightening a bent shotgun barrel by beating it against something seems rationale, I’ll use said shotgun to put me out of my misery.
#boomernonsense

You want to borrow one of mine?
Originally Posted by jackmountain
#boomernonsense

You want to borrow one of mine?

Lmfao . . . . . . . funny sheit
Young guys that can't put a new spark plug in the fuggin' lawnmower jumping' up in a thread talking' 'bout,...."If I ever have to bah bah bah bah bah I'll just bah bah bah bah bah,...boomer!"

No wonder everything is made in China these days.

LOL

#BoomerNonsense

Is your social security not affording you the luxury of buying guns without bent barrels?
Young guys that can't put a new spark plug in the fuggin' lawnmower jumping' up in a thread talking' 'bout,...."If I ever have to bah bah bah bah bah I'll just bah bah bah bah bah,...boomer!"

No wonder everything is made in China these days.

just learn to shoot it.
If the birds were flying west to east you wouldn't have to lead them much with this shotgun.

If they were flying east to west you'd have to hold on Modesto, California to hit one.

You’re doing good to tell which way is up or down. Not sure you know the cardinal directions.
#sandbags

L
O
L
Originally Posted by BobBrown

LOL

#BoomerNonsense

Is your social security not affording you the luxury of buying guns without bent barrels?

Yeah, that must be it.
As a kid I managed to bend and break a few knife tips.
I'm just trying to figure out how you Elmers are bending barrels???
Are these being used as redneck cheater bars when working on the old tractors?
Ship it to someone using UPS. See if they bend it in the other direction....
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Ship it to someone using UPS. See if they bend it in the other direction....

Bristoe’s luck would bend it worse than it is
Just shim the stock.

You’re doing good to tell which way is up or down. Not sure you know the cardinal directions.
#sandbags

L
O
L

If you wait a few seconds, cardinals usually lite.
Is Bris talking about a smooth bore musket or a higher end Sears and Roebuck gauge?

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Is Bris talking about a smooth bore musket or a higher end Sears and Roebuck gauge?

🦫

It's an old humpback Stevens Model 520. I keep buying them for some reason. I've got a couple that are in good shape,...a couple that I've put in good shape,.,..and one that some fatazz sat on 75 years ago.

It's in pretty good condition except for that.

I don't think it got shot much after that.
Originally Posted by 348srfun
I've done this many times and the way I was taught was to use a pine tree. Slash or longleaf worked best because the bark was thick and cushioned the blow enough to not put a dent in the barrel. It also works on rifle barrels.

How in the world would that work on a rifle barrel?

🦫

It's an old humpback Stevens Model 520. I keep buying them for some reason. I've got a couple that are in good shape,...a couple that I've put in good shape,.,..and one that some fatazz sat on 75 years ago.

Make it into this....You have the skills.

🦫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Obviously you've never Chukar hunted in Nevada. Busted my ass and a barrel or two on the side of a few mountains out there.
If anyone can perfectly straighten a barrel with a sandbag, it’d be Bristoe.

🦫

Make it into this....You have the skills.

🦫

I wouldn't mind. But those smooth stocks and heat shields cost a stinking' amount of money.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I once asked Pat how he was such a good shot with a shotgun, he gave me the best advice I've ever heard when it comes to bird hunting. He said it's not that I'm a great shot, it's just I only shoot at the ones I know I will hit.

Worth repeating.
Maybe I'll give that a try too.

In the black powder world, to get a smoothbore Fowler to shoot point of aim they bend the barrel in the crotch of a tree, same as they used to back in the days. Read about it, never seen it done.
Try two long wooden v blocks, fill the barrel with shot, plug the ends with cork,and blue tape for extra security. Set the barrel in the blocks, indicate the high, mark a datum, block to barrel. Take a third wooden v block and press. Using the indicator as your travel distance measurement! Just like work!
Didn't Leon Spinks try that barrel swat on a tire as a kid ?

* clink *
This technique might work better. It’s called the Olympic Ba-Tonya method.

😂🦫
Got the idea here. As mentioned, I split my sandbag so I resorted to the "tire" method,..which I also read about.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239665

It's probably just old BS but I have heard stories about one of the OLD time trapshooters that as he traveled to the big shoots he would set up his "barrel bending" shop to kill time. The "shop" consisted of a bag of shot and a hard surface. He would dope the problem with a customers barrel and then draw back and slam the barrel down on the shot bag and "bend" it , then test fire and if it needed more he would hit the bag of shot again in just the right place until it was correct. He was supposedly as good as there was for his time.
________________________________________________]

That is not "old BS;" I have seen it done several times...and, on some pretty high-end guns. The first time I saw it done was at the old Black Canyon (now Ben Avery) range near Phoeniz around 1970. My jaw dropped about a foot! It took the guy three tries before he got it where he wanted it to shoot. Same guy did it on a number of occasions at ranges throughout Arizona in the early 70s. I can't for the life of me recall his name, but I sure can't forget his technique.
Just learn to shoot it...
whoops, wrong thread

Actually, I don't care all that much about shooting it. I just like tinkering with them. I've brought a couple of them back from the grave just by gutting them and replacing all the worn out parts.

This one needed more than that.

These are break down shotguns. The breech end of the barrel has a section that fits into a mating area of the receiver. The barrel, magazine, and pump assembly can be removed as a unit.

Apparently, when this one got sat on, or a horse rolled on it, or whatever,..it bent the barrel and spread the receiver open where the barrel assembly fits into it.

I closed the receiver up by squeezing it in a vise a little bit at a time until the barrel assembly fit tight again. Now I'm working on getting the barrel straight.

It's just something to tinker on.

Here's what they look like broken down.

At a local trap shoot i saw a fellow take his trap shotgun and put a slight bend in the barrel by using the hitch of his Chevy truck.

It seemed to do the trick.

I believe that some v blocks would work better with a press.

Shot bag for slight bends will work as well.
If I knew who did it, I'd invite him over and have him sit on the other side. But he's probably dead by now.

lol

Actually, I don't care all that much about shooting it. I just like tinkering with them. I've brought a couple of them back from the grave just by gutting them and replacing all the worn out parts.

This one needed more than that.

These are break down shotguns. The breech end of the barrel has a section that fits into a mating area of the receiver. The barrel, magazine, and pump assembly can be removed as a unit.

Apparently, when this one got sat on, or a horse rolled on it, or whatever,..it bent the barrel and spread the receiver open where the barrel assembly fits into it.

I closed the receiver up by squeezing it in a vise a little bit at a time until the barrel assembly fit tight again. Now I'm working on getting the barrel straight.

It's just something to tinker on.

Here's what they look like broken down.

In that case , I hope you paid less than $40
you finding those 520's locally or internet? i like their looks but i don't remember ever seeing one here in PA. i'd buy one to make into a riot gun if i could find one cheap.
would heating it up do more damage or help before you tried straightening it?

I tried the lead shot and tire trick and never accomplished anything. I think whoever got that one started was using a barrel without a rib. I’ve changed several poi and after I done it you couldn’t tell it. I’ve done the forked tree method and one time used the hook up points on a trash dumpster. My method now is I take the barrel off and wrap it in a towel and use my boat winch support brackets. The greatest gunsmith I ever knew used a wooden desk drawer to straighten barrels, he either put notches in the wood or he had straightened so many barrels that he wore the notches there!!!
Originally Posted by plainsman456
At a local trap shoot i saw a fellow take his trap shotgun and put a slight bend in the barrel by using the hitch of his Chevy truck.

It seemed to do the trick.

I believe that some v blocks would work better with a press.

Shot bag for slight bends will work as well.

Brownells used to sell this sort of contraption.

I’ve never hear of bending a shotgun barrel either!
Who is broke digk enough to buy guns with bent barrels anyway? ROFLMAO
Id think a Good machine sho9 could straighten that out.
Originally Posted by rem141r
you finding those 520's locally or internet? i like their looks but i don't remember ever seeing one here in PA. i'd buy one to make into a riot gun if i could find one cheap.

I found several of them at a local auction house. A man had died and his widow was auctioning off a 400 gun collection. Apparently, he had a fondness for 520's. I wish I had bought a couple more of them.

The most I paid was $180 for one.

You might keep an eye out at pawnshops. You can probably find one cheap there.
Originally Posted by KFWA
would heating it up do more damage or help before you tried straightening it?

I don't know. It depends on how much heat. But you can get one straight. If nothing else I'll haul it to a buddy's machine shop, use his press and put a dial indicator on it to keep track of how much it moves.
Make a filler block for the spread section, a few thousands smaller, and press together. Then use a uhmw hammer to relive the stress! None of this is out of your ability profile. Dont dent the metal anywhere, and you'll be golden!
Originally Posted by rem141r

I found several of them at a local auction house. A man had died and his widow was auctioning off a 400 gun collection. Apparently, he had a fondness for 520's. I wish I had bought a couple more of them.

The most I paid was $180 for one.

You might keep an eye out at pawnshops. You can probably find one cheap there.

Been kinda common the last couple yrs here. But of coarse, all gone now. Kinda neat how they come apart
The only tire that works is the front left off of a '73 Corvette.
Grand dad was a pipefitter with Central Of Georgia Railroad. Made and fitted pipes for locomotives. He would explain to me how they would bend pipe to fit from straight stock. Was amazing how they would do it. Had a lot to do with using sand to fill the pipe if memory serves.

g
My great grandfather was a pipe fitter among other things like operating a portable sawmill.

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣
My great grandfather was a pipe fitter among other things like operating a portable sawmill.

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣
Your old lady says it's more like a straw than a pipe.
Originally Posted by EdM

Built-in lead, and I've seen him shoot more than one 16 bird limit with 16 shells.

Yeah, but does he only chose birds going the right way? smile
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by EdM

Yeah, but does he only chose birds going the right way? smile

he only shoots the ones he knows he'll hit, even with his 410.
honestly Pat is a hell of a shot with a shotgun.

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣

Keep lying , gunsmith. I don’t have an old lady .

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣

Is it any wonder you can't keep one with that tiny little pecker ?
And as we all know, Buckfart is an expert on dick size. He even has pictures to prove it.

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣

And you can’t let go of your tiny pecker infatuation. Is that so your bung hole isn’t so sore?

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣

And you can’t let go of your tiny pecker infatuation. Is that so your bung hole isn’t so sore?
I reckon since you admittedly have no old lady it's more likely you who has to worry about your boyfriend making your ass sore. Phag boy.

Modesto? good grief! thats bent!
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
And as we all know, Buckfart is an expert on dick size. He even has pictures to prove it.
Care to give us all some more advice on shotgun loads for turkeys you stupid sunofabitch ? You have as much experience to offer there as on any other subject. Meaning none at all of course.
lolol,..

Page 1: Been beating a bent shotgun barrel on a tire.

Page 10: You needle dick azzhole!

Only on the campfire.
The young people have added a new element to the threads, also.

Page 4: SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE HEAD WITH IT, BOOMER!!

lolol,....
lolol,..

Page 10: You needle dick azzhole!

Only on the campfire.

According to my counter it only took 5 pages. Lol

Good for him. I prefer to live by the code: "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take"
Aint read this whole thread.
Why not put a wooden dowel in it from the breech.
Put another down the muzzle.
Sand em to slide in as snug as you can get em.
Dowels keep the bore from collasping somewhat
Like a mandrel type of concept inside the barrel

Pad both sides of the barrel length with 2x 4,s as your straightening guides.

Use a hydraulic press with a wide pressure foot print on the ram

Do a little at time with some very low heat like blue barely burning torch.
See what happens and repeat a little at a time

Dunno????

The Captain caveman thing dont seem to be going well.

Just finished the "stick it in the crook of a tree and yank on it" method. I think I may have gotten it a little straighter.

I cut this one down to 18.5" when I saw it was bent to get most of the bent part out of the way, so it's kind of stubby.
another thread devolved into spouse and dick size insults while i was in the shop. what a surprise.
Yeah, I'm tweaking on it with different methods. As mentioned, if it comes down to it I'll work it out on a hydraulic press. But I've got it pretty close to straight now.
Thank the Heavens and Angels
Shoot around corners! laugh

I just lay the pipe. 👍🤣

I reckon since you admittedly have no old lady it's more likely you who has to worry about your boyfriend making your ass sore. Phag boy.

Hey Black shart ! GET BENT
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Shoot around corners! laugh

Good one!
I gave slumlord a win 1400 mk11 barrel last summer
Parts gun left over for a project gun I did several yrs back
That barrel had a perfectly coencentric 1 inch wide bulge right behind the mag tube ring right before the gas ports.
Almost 1/2 " high at the top of the curve of the bulge .
Flexed up the receiver flange on the barrel also.

Kinda shows the elasticity of steel under high pressure for a short duration.

No idea of how it happened.
100 buck parts gun..

Think slumlord used it for one of his corner stakes on his property line.
You know your mind is OLD AND WEAK when :

A. You burn on somebody with the same burn you just got

B. You call getting laid off and collecting unemployment “RETIREMENT”

You old crusty bum, Black shart ! You are a handful I tell ya! Or according to your old lady about a 1/3 of a handful !
L
O
L
Just finished the "stick it in the crook of a tree and yank on it" method. I think I may have gotten it a little straighter.

I cut this one down to 18.5" when I saw it was bent to get most of the bent part out of the way, so it's kind of stubby.
Would have been easier if you'd have straightened it before you cut it. Don't be afraid of it. If you bend it too far you can bend it back again. Sometimes it takes a few tries. Like I said, I've successfully straightened several that way. Obviously some people like to make things more complicated than they need to be.
You know your mind is OLD AND WEAK when :

A. You burn on somebody with the same burn you just got

B. You call getting laid off and collecting unemployment “RETIREMENT”

You old crusty bum, Black shart ! You are a handful I tell ya! Or according to your old lady about a 1/3 of a handful !
L
O
L
You sure are a dumb son of a bitch and a liar to boot.. Absolutely nothing of any value to contribute to this discussion as per usual for you. You and that retard 6mmRemington make a good pair. Neither of you knows shyt from shinola.
🤣
You might want to unload it first....

The lead cloud is not gonna fly in a curve...
It will go strait from the end of the barrel....
Perfect for a cross dominant shooter....

Is it lions that get locked in while copulating?
Best not to start the night with beer goggles...
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

(?)

What you gotta smoke to go from bent shotgun barrels to copulating lions?

Pretty much every thread on here goes off the track by page 10,..but this one has gone off the trestle and is plunging into the abyss.
I have a cousin who bent a Winchester 1400 barrel when he was chasing a coyote, crossed a fence and tried to drag the shotgun thru the same fence. He put a 45degree bend in that barrel, a vent ribbed barrel, at that, He didn't know his own strength, apparently. He could fugg up an anvil with a feather, though.

If it were me trying to fix a bent shotgun barrel, I'd do the "crotch of a tree" method, fortunately, I've never had to do something like that. Shotgun barrels are actually pretty soft, I've taken an old 1100 barrel and ported it with a simple electric drill and a wood bit, it was like cutting hot butter, too. That was back when I was shooting 3 gun matches, and it really helped that old 1100 be competitive with the Benellis and such.
Originally Posted by RUM7

Obviously you've never Chukar hunted in Nevada. Busted my ass and a barrel or two on the side of a few mountains out there.

You are right about that.
I had to look it up to see what the attraction was.

"Adult male chukars usually weigh slightly less than 1-1/2 pounds; females typically weigh just over 1 pound."

That must be some mighty sweet meat to risk a good 12 gauge and maybe your neck on a bird like that. Us guys in the east are lazy in comparison, sitting still behind the blind waiting for a turkey to walk our way.
😄😉

I guess I don't have room to talk when I tried to use a handy pocket knife as a screw driver.
My first shotgun was a 16ga 520 from my Grandad. Still have it.

[Linked Image]
If it's bent to 12 o'clock leave it be, I saw Lt Powell go 100 for 100 shooting clay birds with a bent barrel, even a dumbfu-k like me can see he doesn't have to lead rising birds! grin
BTW, I was offered a Model 12 today for 500 bucks, smooth barrel, 12 gauge, 30 inch full choke, red Winchester pad, I may buy that damn thing, don't need it but it's clean and un-budda'd!
Originally Posted by gunner500
BTW, I was offered a Model 12 today for 500 bucks, smooth barrel, 12 gauge, 30 inch full choke, red Winchester pad, I may buy that damn thing, don't need it but it's clean and un-budda'd!

Industrial art.

Originally Posted by gunner500

Industrial art.

I like it, he sent pics to my e-mail..............I have a 6lb JP Sauer Royal double for funning.

I'm working on it.

Get a fat azz to sit on the other side. A press...
hold into the bend
Is that fugger straight yet B?
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Is that fugger straight yet B?

I'm getting there.
Lol, We'd love to see a video of you beating it on that tire Brother.
Why dude got 4 bandaids on his head?

lol
Now that it's better slide a expanding dent remover, start at the breech, and move it about 1/4 of its length, expand move again expand. Do this the full length of the barrel! If your playing with old shot guns. A expanding dent remover saves lots of time!

sick...? LOL
Originally Posted by Heym06
Now that it's better slide a expanding dent remover, start at the breech, and move it about 1/4 of its length, expand move again expand. Do this the full length of the barrel! If your playing with old shot guns. A expanding dent remover saves lots of time!

It doesn't have any dents in it.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

(?)

What you gotta smoke to go from bent shotgun barrels to copulating lions?

Pretty much every thread on here goes off the track by page 10,..but this one has gone off the trestle and is plunging into the abyss.

It was the "stick it in the fork of a tree and yank it" bit...

I was reading something else heavy with literary allusion and double meanings between those two posts. I guess I just carried the look for other meanings back to the fire...
Originally Posted by sse

sick...? LOL

Oh and lions was better than thinking of the above....

Zero dents, eh?

Will help straighten because of its lenght, as you work your way up the barrel. Its input,what you do is up to you!
Originally Posted by sse

sick...? LOL

LMAO!, Admit it.......You wanna see it too.....
To straighten barrels, I set two pieces of 2x4 on the bench, set the barrel, bowed up, on the blocks then put another block on top. A husky C-clamp was used to provide the pressure to straighten the barrel.
On hitting tires:
I had a stepfather who, while he was a good guy, could never be accused of wasting a lot of time thinking. I was picking him up after work and, as I pulled up, he was beating on something on the loader, with a 3lb hammer. The whistle blew and he stood up, hammer in hand. I don't know what was going through his mind, if anything, but he decided to give the tire a whack. That hammer appeared to come off the tire way faster than it had been swung and it hit him right between the eyes. He dropped straight down. He lay there for a couple seconds then rolled to his hands and knees, grabbed onto that tire and pulled himself up. He reached into the loader and got his lunchbox then stumbled over to the car. He had a knot like half an apple between his eyes. He leaned back in the seat, eyes closed, and said, "Tell me you didn't see that".
I admitted that I had. "Tell me you won't mention it to anyone else". I said I wasn't sure I could make that promise. "Figures", he said. GD
fork of a tree worked for me on a m1 benneli 20ga. Shims and cast kit wasn't cutting it.
© 24hourcampfire