Home
What do ya think?
To me, following Jesus will make your life better and will make you better at life.
I would agree with that, trying to be a better person is a full time job for me.
Having, or creating, the opportunity to make others’ lives better.
A good woman.
Adversity.
Having kids.
Originally Posted by jmh3
Having kids.

Agreed! Just wish it worked for everyone
Hitting the mute button on the TV at times.
Originally Posted by jmh3
Having kids.

+1
Having Grandkids.
Integrity.

Humility.

Faith.

Compassion.

Generosity.

Patience.

Awareness.

Empathy.

Skepticism.

Grit.

Assertiveness.

Bacon.
I dunno. Seems like I keep drifting in the other direction.
Loving Jesus back.
Wife made me a better person. Then being a Dad knowing they are always watching and learning.

Now looking at my family and now a grandson, I keep wanting to be a good person
Retirement.
Intercourse relieves a lot of stress and gets the endorphins going and BP down. Makes one feel like a man again. Of course, there are those who dont like that one bit.
Dentists
JESUS in your heart #1
Having a loving WIFE #2
A great dog #3
Honorable mention , trust the PLAN wink
Belonging to the Mutual Admiration Society.
SCARS...I'm thankful for them !!
First and foremost my now deceased dear Mother (my wife will say the same for her) followed by my wife and three sons. Just rock solid here, thankfully.
Compassion
Honestly....
1. Try to do better in every aspect of your being.
2. Relax, stop taking everything so seriously.
3. Change your inner dialog to a conversation with your self. It helps you (me anyway) see something from a different perspective.
4. Drink less and try to smoke a little weed once in a while.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I dunno. Seems like I keep drifting in the other direction.
I can relate. If I just lift up my feet and drift with the current of culture, I’ll end up in a place I don’t wanna be. For me, I don’t drift into good directions. I have to discipline and prioritize myself there.
Lots of good answers here. My suggestion might seem trite, but here goes; Leaving sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Better booze.
Cheap chit will ruin a guy
Kids. Anytime I am around one I always give an extra effort to be the type of person they should grow up to be. My kids motivated me to be a better man on a daily basis.
Dogs
Goo9 Attitu9es!
I’m on my best behavior when my date has never birthed a child.
Coffee.
Hmm.. I think if I could be more like BC30cal I'd be pretty happy! Never seem anything but kindness and politeness to every one he speaks to! Seems like a simple thing but damned if I can do it! lol I'm gonna try though!!! (OH crap, I opened myself up for baiting now)
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dogs

Yep, and my dog thinks so too!
Attending church even if the ambient temperature is less than optimal.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dogs

I hate dogs.
Gorilla glue......a great hair spray....set n forget.
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
Hmm.. I think if I could be more like BC30cal I'd be pretty happy! Never seem anything but kindness and politeness to every one he speaks to! Seems like a simple thing but damned if I can do it! lol I'm gonna try though!!! (OH crap, I opened myself up for baiting now)

Hell, I mean heck I forgot the OP in that statement! Wabigoon seems cut from the same cloth!!
Jesus summed it up nicely:

Mt 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Jesus summed it up nicely:

Mt 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I am sure that the Jews utterly disagree. And it is their law and their prophets, after all.
James 1:19
Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
Every time I read the book of James it seems as though God shows me where my attitude is lacking.
The truth is, we all have the potential to be our own worst enemy. And we often are.
Seeing others who do much more with less than I. People who succeed by pure desire and willpower rather than all the talent and toys.

It shames me.
Learning to listen to what people have to say.
Colt's 1911 Govt. Model .45 ACP. grin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]keyboard test full

L.W.
I really do try to become better, but often feel like it's two steps up and three steps back. I try to be pleasant to the people with whom I interact each day. I know that having someone be nice to me makes me feel better, so I try to pass that along.
Practicing what one posts in threads such as this while posting in other threads.
Then you won't appear to be such a bunch of hypocrites.
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
Jesus period
I think just getting older,its calmed me down.plus having cancer,THAT was a humbling experience,plus nearly being killed at work.a career ending injury with some time in traction gives you alot of time to think that you never had before.laying there with nothing to do but think about ,would -a ,could -a ,should -a, that will tend to change you.i hope for the better.
Jesus
Wife
Kids
Dogs!
Age 😄
Originally Posted by antlers
To me, following Jesus will make your life better and will make you better at life.

i've been chit on by more than one Jesus follower including my paternal grandparents. Some fuggin' deacon he turned out to be.
One co-worker always proclaiming his Christianity that used jigaboo and beaner regularly ended up a department chaplain.
Not a guarantee but if it works for you, great.

I suppose that we (yourself) should be trying to make yourself a better man, if you are a gentlemen that is as defined by some old guy.
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by antlers
i've been chit on by more than one Jesus follower including my paternal grandparents. Some fuggin' deacon he turned out to be. One co-worker always proclaiming his Christianity that used jigaboo and beaner regularly ended up a department chaplain. Not a guarantee but if it works for you, great.
I believe ya’. Do you think these people you mentioned were truly following Jesus, or just givin’ lip service to it...?
© 24hourcampfire