Home
Posted By: TheKid Slummy - 02/11/21
You ever watch Refined on YouTube? Reminds me of my years at Dan Halen after they bought Mannsville out. Funny stuff if you ever worked in a plant.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
I’ll check it out.

Worked for Tappan when I was a kid. A subsidiary of Halen International.

me and bud terrorized some lifer employees there. Had to make 300 wiring harnesses per hour. Long established rates for the pre boomers aka greatest generation that worked there. On a joint line with 12-15 oldsters in their late 60s-70s.

Me and my bud could make about 700-800 microwave oven harnesses per hour. All pass QC.
General manager re evaluated the hourly rates on the oldsters. Hahaha
Like some Schindler’s List type chit.

Grampie- Earl and Edna Lou and rest of the good time knee slappin gang had to start making 500 per hour. LMFAO

All for $5 an hour.

I started leaving little index cards in the plant, One note, I taped it to a thermostat in the break room. ANYONE CAUGHT ADJUSTING THIS THERMOSTAT WILL RECEIVE 40 LASHES FROM THE KNOTTED ROPE.

A few other bogus signs about toilet paper conservation in the restroom, etc.
man that place was coming unraveled 🤪

Then I quit, just for fouck if it. Could make more money digging ginseng.

Good times

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
Refined is funny.

How 'bout ya Birdseed?
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
The worst job I have ever had was working in a factory. North American Phillips was part of a European conglomerate. We made x-ray machines other divisions were Norelco shavers, Mr Coffee machines and they created the vhs tape system.

Every Christmas they would give all the employees a gift box with cookies and chocolates. The dumpster was overflowing with their generosity. I gave mine to my mother.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
I work at a power plant and could just change the names of some of the characters and it would be a perfect fit.

Turnin wrenches an fuggin bitches
lol
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
Its watch it.

Pretty damn funny. Never worked refineries. But Same same offshore oilfield.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’ll check it out.

Worked for Tappan when I was a kid. A subsidiary of Halen International.

me and bud terrorized some lifer employees there. Had to make 300 wiring harnesses per hour. Long established rates for the pre boomers aka greatest generation that worked there. On a joint line with 12-15 oldsters in their late 60s-70s.

Me and my bud could make about 700-800 microwave oven harnesses per hour. All pass QC.
General manager re evaluated the hourly rates on the oldsters. Hahaha
Like some Schindler’s List type chit.

Grampie- Earl and Edna Lou and rest of the good time knee slappin gang had to start making 500 per hour. LMFAO

All for $5 an hour.

I started leaving little index cards in the plant, One note, I taped it to a thermostat in the break room. ANYONE CAUGHT ADJUSTING THIS THERMOSTAT WILL RECEIVE 40 LASHES FROM THE KNOTTED ROPE.

A few other bogus signs about toilet paper conservation in the restroom, etc.
man that place was coming unraveled 🤪

Then I quit, just for fouck if it. Could make more money digging ginseng.

Good times

Ginseng, seen a couple shows about that , a real deal in your area ? I'm not really all that far from where I have the impression your at and climate similar. No ginseng around here , but might not even know it if I seen it.
Yea you don’t have to be a toothless moonshiner and live in Appalachia to dig or find ‘seng.

Just gotta not have any meth heads living nearby. Mid Tn

It ain’t plentiful, lots of walking, canvassing hillsides, deep shady hollows.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
Yea you don’t have to be a toothless moonshiner and live in Appalachia to dig or find ‘seng.

Some of the best days I've had were digging ginseng with my dad. Took a while when I was young to learn it. At some point it just clicks in your head, & you'll be able to spot it from then on.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
What’s ginseng good for? Peter stiffening soup or some such? Don’t think we have none out this way, our methheads just steal scrap iron and copper.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
You'll have to ask the Asians. Never known anyone to use it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Slummy - 02/11/21

Hollows?

Ain't them places called "hollers"?

Places where reglar folks shoudn't oughta go on account a the "squeal like a pig" dude?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Slummy - 02/11/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Hollows?

Ain't them places called "hollers"?

Places where reglar folks shoudn't oughta go on account a the "squeal like a pig" dude?

That or Cali Conservatives!
© 24hourcampfire