Home
Elderly Veteran Beats Armed Suspect to Death to Save Wife.

An elderly veteran in South Carolina intervened to save his wife by beating an alleged armed intruder to death mid-afternoon on Monday in Aiken, South Carolina.

FOX57 reported 82-year-old Herbert Parrish killed the alleged intruder to protect 79-year-old Lois Parrish.

Lois allegedly heard a knock at the door and answered, only to have the suspect ask if she had seen his dog. When she said she had not, the suspect, 61-year-old Harold Runnels, allegedly pushed his way inside.

Runnels allegedly pulled a knife once inside, so Herbert grabbed a shotgun for self-defense.

“I felt, we’re gone,” Herbert said. “He’s going to kill us and take what he can take.” He then began beating the suspect with the shotgun, eventually mortally wounding him.

Hebert and Lois recognized Runnels as someone they had seen in the neighborhood, FOX13 said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/18/elderly-veteran-beats-armed-suspect-death-save-wife/

good fur him !
Bravo sir. Wonder if he said "Get off my Lawn!"
If he had a bat, he might of shot the bastard!
Was this Bristoe ?

😬🦫
I'd buy him a beer.
LOL, good deal, guess Pappy didn't have the scattergun loaded or didn't want to shlt-can Granny's carpets and walls.
Love a story with a happy ending
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, good deal, guess Pappy didn't have the scattergun loaded or didn't want to shlt-can Granny's carpets and walls.

Thats what I was thinking. Case like that it might just be more fun if the perps dies slow...
Fantastic. I love this story.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by gunner500

Thats what I was thinking. Case like that it might just be more fun if the perps dies slow...

Yep, bet Pappy was relieving a little kung fu flu shut-in anger.
Damn ammo shortage....
Good man and great story. Maybe another thread will pop up on how to straighten the barrel. LOL
Originally Posted by tikkanut

good fur him !

Yep. Good work.
Don't phug w/ boomers, ammo is expensive and they will just beat you to death.

LOL

JFC

mike r
This just disproves the idiotic notion that guns are only for shooting people.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
If he had a bat, he might of shot the bastard!

LMAO!!!
laugh
Thumbs up to the guy..

Jayco👍
Well whatever works, what. I expect it was less messy.
awesome.gotta love his resolve and quick actions.wanna play.gotta pay !!!!
I just read that article.....Vertical but stroke works every time..

Jayco👍
Holy [bleep]! You see that fugging head come apart, man? I've never seen brains like that before....
Alleged, sheesh. I hate the way that is said in news reports even when the incident is on video.
Shot gun just makes too much of a mess indoors!
This was not a random act. You can bet your last dollar Mr. Parrish had already gone through a similar situation in his mind and had already decided what he would do. He was prepared and saved his and his wife's life, while simultaneously cleansing the gene pool and awarding another Darwin Award.
Good.
Heck yeah!
Originally Posted by Cretch
Love a story with a happy ending

Big Ole +1
I needed a feel good story. Thanks for sharing.
© 24hourcampfire