Home
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Wow he chamfered the snot out of that casing...
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Yeah but ya hafta chamfer a lot to shoot a 45/70 thru a trailer at 400 yards and still knock someone off their feet
Posted By: viking Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
I thought it was 420 with a cross wind
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
What do osprey and Uruguayan Rugby players have in common?
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
The movie sucks , longmire sucks , jack reecher sucks too

over .
Posted By: Quak Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
twas is fake as it gets
Peter Peter lion feeder?
Guess I jumped to that conclusion?
Posted By: broomd Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Great movie.

Where else is a guy gonna see a coyote culled by a snow camo'd hunter, dude reloading, snowmachinin' without a helmet, impossible sniping from 400 yards with a 45/70 all in the same flick?
Plenty to like about this film in the snowflake era we live in.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by broomd
Great movie.

Where else is a guy gonna see a coyote culled by a snow camo'd hunter, dude reloading, snowmachinin' without a helmet, impossible sniping from 400 yards with a 45/70 all in the same flick?

This ^^^^
kwg
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
It's a great movie, if a little sad.

Made by the same guys who made Siccario and Siccario: Day of the Soldato.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by kwg020
Great movie.

This ^^^^
kwg

Yah. Gotta be on the upper side of average for sure. Can't remember a damned thing about it though, so there's that....
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Great movie.

Watched it and came to same conclusion.
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Great movie.

I’m right with you. I knew going in it wasn’t a documentary.
It’s one of the better movies released in recent years. That and Highway Men.

Some guys will p iss and moan about everything, even if there ice cream is to cold. For the haters, name your favorite movie, song, pickup, rifle sexual position or whatever and someone will come along and shred it.
Posted By: NoPa Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by viking

Some guys will p iss and moan about everything, even if there ice cream is to cold. For the haters, name your favorite movie, song, pickup, rifle sexual position or whatever and someone will come along and shred it.

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite rifle sexual position?
LOL. It’s to early
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Great movie.

Marlin .45/70, offhand, 1080 yards. Looks like iron sights (??) This guy can shoot.

The guy in the movie had a scope and was shooting from a rest IIRC.

No comment on all the rest. I don’t think the pretty Indian women were actually Indians either.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Yeah, I don't think the FBI hottie really works for the FBI, either......
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by ol_mike

over .

I like ‘em all.
Posted By: ccrifles Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Usually Hollywood subliminal message, white men are evil and everything wrong with society is their fault.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by ol_mike

over .

I like ‘em all.

Me too. Entertainment is where one temporarily divests one’s self from reality. Some of the cranky old farts on here should try it.
Posted By: nmitchell Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
I liked the movie.

Neil
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
It was "Loosely based" on a true story.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by NoPa
Originally Posted by viking

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite rifle sexual position?

I hope it’s from behind....
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

It’s actually based on me. I was once near a trailer in the snow, and I’ve met a couple natives. The rest was artistic liberty.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
I just watched some snippets, mostly of the shootout, plan to see it all someday. Someday...

Does seem that when the head bad guy announces to those inside the trailer that the FBI was right outside the door, the pretty FBI lady shoulda known what was coming and evacted the area.
Posted By: byron Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21

I live on the actual Wind River Reservation and for me? I would have liked to have seen it actually filmed here (Though they did mention actual locations that do exist)

It may be "Loosely based" on a true story (Very loosely) but I can tell you for a fact that native women are far more at risk from native men than white men.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Great movie.

Marlin .45/70, offhand, 1080 yards. Looks like iron sights (??) This guy can shoot.

The guy in the movie had a scope and was shooting from a rest IIRC.

No comment on all the rest. I don’t think the pretty Indian women were actually Indians either.

Meh! With help from a spotter and walking it in? I was not that impressed. Have witnessed hand gunners with open sight revolvers do nearly as well.

Also, I remember from some of your previous posts you purportedly spent some time on a rez. What makes you think the pretty native girls are not actually native?
I have seen some absolutely beautiful native women.
There lots of good-looking native women, they just didn’t seem to use any in the movie.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
just a movie, but a good one.

the least realistic part for me was the size of the "security detail", their willingness to flank the local deputies, and their guns.

That part was a whole other movie
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21

Jeremy Renner is quite athletic and does all of his character's physical stunts in movies: (fast forward to 3:10...)

Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Great movie.

This ^^^^
kwg

Yah. Gotta be on the upper side of average for sure. Can't remember a damned thing about it though, so there's that....

A lot of men hugging and crying. Parts were disturbing (graphic rape) and sad (children dying).
Posted By: burrinho Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by byron

I live on the actual Wind River Reservation and for me? I would have liked to have seen it actually filmed here (Though they did mention actual locations that do exist)

It may be "Loosely based" on a true story (Very loosely) but I can tell you for a fact that native women are far more at risk from native men than white men.

Research actually shows opposite from what you are claiming.

https://nij.ojp.gov/media/image/19456
There lots of good-looking native women, they just didn’t seem to use any in the movie.

Yeah, I guess some would not find Tantoo Cardinal attractive. Julia Jones (Cory's wife) I find attractive. Kelsey Chow is attractive, but she is not native (The Cherokee tribe could not find any record of her on the tribal rolls)
Originally Posted by burrinho

Research actually shows opposite from what you are claiming.

https://nij.ojp.gov/media/image/19456

Yeah but I'm not one to put much stock in statistics put forth from most in this day and age. You know...what with the propensity to heap hatred and false narratives on whites.

I can tell you this though, that for where I live I'll stand by what I posted.
Yeah, I guess some would not find Tantoo Cardinal attractive. Julia Jones (Cory's wife) I find attractive. Kelsey Chow is attractive, but she is not native (The Cherokee tribe could not find any record of her on the tribal rolls)

In fairness to the people who made the movie, this was a really A list cast. Both of those women in the movie were known quantities who had prior experience in major productions.

Same with Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham, who IIRC are on tribal rolls. I would guess they looked at native actresses too. Tantoo Cardinal rocks but I think she’s playing grandparents now. Time flies, Dances With Wolves was 30 years ago already.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Great movie.

This ^^^^
kwg

And this..
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Broomd: I enjoyed the movie and have watched it a few times including again last night.
I enjoyed some of the scenery and the animals a bit more than the plot/acting etc.
It also had several cool guns!
It's worth a looksee.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

In fairness to the people who made the movie, this was a really A list cast. Both of those women in the movie were known quantities who had prior experience in major productions.

Same with Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham, who IIRC are on tribal rolls. I would guess they looked at native actresses too. Tantoo Cardinal rocks but I think she’s playing grandparents now. Time flies, Dances With Wolves was 30 years ago already.

True enough. Wife is watching a series about a time traveling woman and her Scott husband (Outlander?) and Tantoo had a bit part in it on a episode the other night.Showing her age for sure.
Posted By: antlers Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
I liked it. I thought Jeremy Renner did a good job playing his character. When he was telling Elizabeth Olsen’s character about the death of his daughter, that was pretty good acting and dialogue. As was when he was telling the father of the dead Native American girl about ‘taking the pain’. Plus, Elizabeth Olsen’s pretty easy on my eyes. Also, the Renner character clearly had much respect and admiration for the strength and will to survive of the dead Native American girl. I thought it was a good movie.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Again I know it’s just Hollywood. But I’ve been to thousands of oil and gas well sites. Never seen a security detail at one. And never seen One abandoned in the winter either. Occasionally they have an an old lady at the entrance with a clip board signing people in and out.
Posted By: tankerjockey Re: Wind River movie - 02/20/21
Like someone else mentioned, I go to movies to be entertained. Not to criticize every little nuance of non reality. It wasn’t meant to be an actual documentary.
Just went to see “News of the World “ with the family. Do I like Tom Hanks political leanings? Hell no, but I really like his acting and most of the movies he is in. Including this one.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Wind River movie - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Like someone else mentioned, I go to movies to be entertained. Not to criticize every little nuance of non reality. It wasn’t meant to be an actual documentary.
Just went to see “News of the World “ with the family. Do I like Tom Hanks political leanings? Hell no, but I really like his acting and most of the movies he is in. Including this one.

Oh come on, if you go to a Ben Affleck movie, you must go there to criticize? Batman?
Posted By: Kodiakisland Re: Wind River movie - 02/21/21
For those not quite done with the holidays, I'll just leave this here

© 24hourcampfire