Home
Posted By: tndrbstr Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
https://www.gon.com/news/columbus-looks-to-shut-down-bowhunting
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Wasn't Bill Jordan originally set up in Columbus? How things have changed.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
They don’t want “Catman Outdoors” gut shooting a doe in a backyard and following it through 163 back yards and it stumbling into a swimming pool.

Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Catman be in trouble if they ban hunting videos from the YouTube.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Has Georgia gone over the edge?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Catman be in trouble if they ban hunting videos from the YouTube.

He’ll have to get a second job at Target, for smokes and pale ale money.

fuggin homeschool dropout
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
However, they can attempt to implement weapons-discharge ordinances. If a city or county bans the discharge of bows and crossbows, hunters could be shut out… along with school archery programs, 3D archery clubs and people who just participate in archery for fun.

Well no it doesn’t, City of Lincoln Nebraska has had an ordinance like that since 1990. But they do allow a trap and archery club plus a Game and Parks educational facility for 22 and archery to fully operate within the city limits. Including 3D matches. But a private citizen cannot set up a bow range or even shoot a BB gun outdoors on their property.

TITLE 9 PUBLIC PEACE AND WELFARE
Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
9.36.050 Discharge of Weapons and Other Instruments Unlawful.
It shall be unlawful for any person, except as provided in this chapter, to fire or discharge, within the corporate limits, or on any property of the City of Lincoln outside of the corporate limits, any air rifle, toy pistol, toy gun, slingshot, or any other air, gas, or spring operated gun, weapon, apparatus, or instrument for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means whatsoever in such a manner as to endanger the safety of persons or property, whether the instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name. (Ord. 15625 §5; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.040: Ord. 9382 §2; January 22, 1968: prior Ord. 3489 §9-103; July 6, 1936).
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
It shall be unlawful for any person, except as provided in this chapter, to fire or discharge, within the corporate limits, or on any property of the City of Lincoln outside of the corporate limits, any air rifle, toy pistol, toy gun, slingshot, or any other air, gas, or spring operated gun, weapon, apparatus, or instrument for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means whatsoever in such a manner as to endanger the safety of persons or property, whether the instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name. (Ord. 15625 §5; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.040: Ord. 9382 §2; January 22, 1968: prior Ord. 3489 §9-103; July 6, 1936).

If this applied to Golf I’d be all for it....
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Well in that town it does. Seeings how you are launching a missile ( golf ball) that could bonk someone on the head or break a window. And yes you can’t set up a driving range in your backyard.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
"Public Safety Issue"

All part of the Liberal Agenda.
Posted By: AU7MM08 Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Columbus is an absolute dump.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Fug em all. That would make me very likely to make clandestine bowhunting my main leisure time activity. Done being told what to do or not to do by people who aren’t fit to lick my boots. You only live as free as you dare to.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
Originally Posted by Swifty52
However, they can attempt to implement weapons-discharge ordinances. If a city or county bans the discharge of bows and crossbows, hunters could be shut out… along with school archery programs, 3D archery clubs and people who just participate in archery for fun.

Well no it doesn’t, City of Lincoln Nebraska has had an ordinance like that since 1990. But they do allow a trap and archery club plus a Game and Parks educational facility for 22 and archery to fully operate within the city limits. Including 3D matches. But a private citizen cannot set up a bow range or even shoot a BB gun outdoors on their property.

Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS

We have s similar ordinance in the city I live in. It has been in place for a long time. At least 40 years. BB guns and arrows may be discharged inside of your own home if you so wish but not outside. I will say we only enforced it if someone was shooting outside and some one complained. We didn't go searching neighborhoods looking for some one violating it. If people are walking across neighbors yards INSIDE of a city limits then that is enforceable as there is no hunting inside of town. Out side of town it requires the land owners permission and you can cross a fence if you are chasing shot game by Iowa law.

I do know of one young man who was hit in the eye with a BB and it cost him the vision in that eye. He was several houses away from the kids who were shooting the BB guns. It was a stray BB. I understood the family with the kids who were shooting the BB guns got sued. I don't know how it was resolved beyond that. I assume the homeowners insurance paid out. The moral is, yes you can get an eye shot out.

kwg
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Georgians Look out - 02/20/21
If you don't contact me before you come on my property I'm having you arrested for trespassing. People will abuse you every chance they get if your easy. I don't know the answer but having to trail a deer on someone else's property is BS.
© 24hourcampfire