Home
Posted By: EdM Without Water - 02/21/21
The little gal helps.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
She likes her daddy! 😊
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Do they not have gallons of water at the K Marts?Or the Wal Marts?
Posted By: rong Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Looks cozy
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Fine looking pup Ed.
Posted By: geedubya Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Not during the critical period.

Lost all water for over 24 hours.

No potable water from the tap yet.

Try finding milk!

ya!

GWB
Posted By: EdM Re: Without Water - 02/21/21

Pool water and good neighbors work.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
The coolest dogs of all time.

#dogheaven
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Bucket water in, we've all done it.

Wash the hairy parts of your body, that works as well.
I bought some powdered milk today, just in case.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21

Nothing
Finally had to get out here and get my medicines.
JFG I looked for run-of-the-mill supplies.
No meat. No milk. No baked goods. No frozen
foods like pizzas, frozen dinners etc.
No lunch meats. No taters. No canned soups
or canned pasta. etc. etc.

Personally, I only really needed my medicine, but
I ended up with a bottle of alcohol and some 95
cent cookies and a couple of cans of peas.
I usually have supplies on hand for at least a
week or so. Many more not just here, but across
the nation that don't have any plans for emergency
and most likely never will.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Haven't seen a bottle of alcohol in I don't
know when, months and months.
I would have liked to have had a loaf of
light bread to make a sandwich, but
maybe in a day or two
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Wash the hairy parts of your body,

I knew this chick from Algeria once,,,,,,,

Oh, nevermind.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The coolest dogs of all time.

#dogheaven

Whitey?
Whitey was a red heeler.

Before Whitey my dad had a blue cross, ol Boots.

He was the first once in a lifetime dog.

Whitey was the second.
Sam,

They are just bad azz dogs and I wish I owned a hundred acres or so (under consideration BTW) to let her stomp. She enjoys our seven acre property and is sorting the two male brother cats, one well and one not so well. Cat issue...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Hahaha!

Could always be worse.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Lived the dry cabin life in Fairbanks. Had to haul water for the house and horses.
She'll work north Idaho come May.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

Could always be worse.

The dog or the water?

God damn heelers!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
A schitty day with a half assed dog is still better than a great day with no dog.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Couple years back Cumberland md had a bad windstorm, lost all
electricity for a couple days. Heasrs they had stripped their stores of all
flashlights and such.

We went to our Wal-Mart, thought I'd look to seeif they had been up
here. They had, then I heard a couple talking, so I ask if they were
affected. They started to complain about how terrible it was.

"Yeah, I can understand, can't cook, can't shower, flush..."

"Oh, no, we still have city water and gas. We can cook, shower...
we just don't have lights and a/c."

F that's nothing. City idiots.
Posted By: hanco Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
I had a few five gallons to flush with!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
sounds a lot like Miami after a hurricane. All the negros, yankee immigrants and South Americans standing around waiting for the man to bring free water and food. Crackers have two weeks supply of food and water, generators, batteries and gas on hand at all times.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Melt snow and ice, boil and enjoy👍
Posted By: joken2 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21

During the ice storm caused power outage back in 2009 stores here were pretty well stocked with everything and the same for gas stations but the problem was for the first week or so they couldn't process debit/credit transactions or run gas pumps without power. Some in outlying areas were without power for as long as a month. Many, many people were just S-O-L and cash was king.

Some were driving hundreds of miles trying to hunt down portable generators, kerosene heaters, vent-less natural and LP gas heaters, and fuel and food that they could purchase via credit/debit.

Within the first week some local 'entrepreneurs" started renting U-Haul trucks and trailers and hauling in all the portable generators and heaters they could carry and selling them out of the back end in shopping center parking lots.

Good luck with it Ed. We don't realize how good it is, till it's gone.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Who doesn’t jug up some water when a storm is coming? Or at least keep some on hand for such events. That is the norm around here. Just makes sense.

All the gold in the world won’t buy the last loaf of bread from a hungry man. Or the last glass of water from a thirsty man.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Good look in pup.

You can get water out of your hot water heater..
It's best if you get one of those little 6 foot hoses...
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
there's always water in a full water heater with or without power. But I'm sure you and most everybody else knows that.

We always keep a couple of cases of Frozen water bottles in the freezer for the cooler or for chilling Wort when we're making beer.

Good luck
Posted By: Dutch Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by joken2

During the ice storm caused power outage back in 2009 stores here were pretty well stocked with everything and the same for gas stations but the problem was for the first week or so they couldn't process debit/credit transactions or run gas pumps without power. Some in outlying areas were without power for as long as a month. Many, many people were just S-O-L and cash was king.

I can't imagine not having a little cash comfort cushion around. I can't tell how many times I've been able to go to the front of the line in a store "when the systems are down" and just pay with cash and go. Especially when traveling overnight.

Water, food, water filters, bug out bag, cash, hand warmers, etc..... basic emergency supplies.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Been fortunate I guess to have never lived in the city and be dependent on someone else for my water. I do have a spare pressure switch, a nail file and bug spray in the barn to keep both of the wells up and running. Hopefully y'all can get back to some sort of normal before long.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21

Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by joken2

I can't imagine not having a little cash comfort cushion around. I can't tell how many times I've been able to go to the front of the line in a store "when the systems are down" and just pay with cash and go. Especially when traveling overnight.

Water, food, water filters, bug out bag, cash, hand warmers, etc..... basic emergency supplies.

Nowadays with direct deposit being the most common pay method most people seldom ever see the need to keep much cash on hand. When they do need a little cash they figure they can always use ATMs located just about everywhere but apparently what never occurs to them is ATM machines don't work without power, either.

I watched people at gas stations wanting to buy fuel for vehicles and LP and kerosene for heaters get denied time and again because although the businesses had brought in generators to power lights, coolers and the gas pumps, they still couldn't process electronic transactions as the telephone service was still down.
Grit, that spare switch is a GOOD idea.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by MPat70
Melt snow and ice, boil and enjoy👍

........... Beat me to it; but it takes a LOT of snow to get a gallon of water, but it works and it's better than no water.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by CashisKing
there's always water in a full water heater with or without power. But I'm sure you and most everybody else knows that.

We always keep a couple of cases of Frozen water bottles in the freezer for the cooler or for chilling Wort when we're making beer.

Good luck

I normally have some frozen water bottles in the chest freezer for the coolers, but neglected to put them back in the last time I used them. When power went down Monday evening, I filled a bunch of water bottles and set them out to freeze overnight just in case power was out longer than expected. Glad I did. The next morning I transferred them and the food from the fridge into coolers and put some more in the chest freezer. That covered the situation well until power came back Wednesday morning. I actually had several to spare and my camping water jugs were full too. Good thing since we also lost water pressure.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Without Water - 02/21/21

I'm thinking about one of these for the house.

https://iconlifesaver.com/product/lifesaver-jerrycan-20000uf/?v=7516fd43adaa
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Good size coolers are very handy substitute for refrigerators when it's cold enough to make your own ice. Even if it gets above freezing during the day just keep 'em out of the sun and freeze more bottles of water every night. Beats holding your breath waiting for FEMA to show up. Around here I can make my own ice most nights in the winter season even when it gets over 32 degrees in the daytime.
Posted By: logger Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Good look in pup.

You can get water out of your hot water heater..
It's best if you get one of those little 6 foot hoses...

Remember if the power is out and you want to tap the hot water heater for water to turn off hot water heater breaker and only turn it back on once the water tank is full.

We learned at our previous house that water in the ground (in a 1000 gallon tank) is of no use if there is no electricity for the pump. When we built our current place we placed four large tanks in the ground on the hill above the house. We have gravity fed water at 35 psi with or without power. With power it's pressured up to 65 psi.
Got a shower and shave in this morning at a friends place. Feel great. Awaiting a part that hopefully arrives tomorrow and should be back in business.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Without Water - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by EdM
Got a shower and shave in this morning at a friends place. Feel great. Awaiting a part that hopefully arrives tomorrow and should be back in business.

Hope they get you up and running again.

My brother in Austin is temporarily renting a pretty nice house while his house is undergoing a complete remodel. His rental house still doesn't have water. Brother moved his family to a motel yesterday. They are still there. crazy
© 24hourcampfire