Home
It's a model 24 Winchester. I've sent a message to the place selling it but haven't gotten a response. I'm not sure what it is. It looks like somebody took a file to it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]sawmill restaurant hampstead nc
I don't see anything?
Wtf? Early attempts at gas venting 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
It’s the transition line from square to round where they forged the lug.
Are you referring to that notch or groove right where it cracks open?
Originally Posted by TheKid

This
Whatever it is.
It is in a really bad spot pressure wise.

Advoid at all cost

JMO..

Yep.
De-milled, as in do not use?

The Kid is correct.
Classic American klunker. It is light angle. If you Google Winchester 24 and hit pictures you see this is usual feature of this model.
Originally Posted by steve4102
Are you referring to that notch or groove right where it cracks open?

That vertical slot in the barrel right over the hinge. It looks like somebody went after it with either a grinder or a file,...but I can't imagine why anybody would do that to a shotgun barrel.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Whatever it is.

Advoid at all cost

JMO..

Just did some google fu pic stuff.
I stand corrected.
Still looks strange.

The cats are dead on the money about the line.
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ga-double-barrel.cfm?gun_id=101580993#lg
A better photo/angle (random, for info. only):

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/23569/21575932_1.jpg?v=8D21384E2C4F270
Whatever it is.

Advoid at all cost

JMO..

Good advise. This is the worst SxS Winchester has ever sold. From best to worst: External Hammer guns made for Winchester in Birmingham England, Model 21, Model 23 (Japanese Olin-Kodensha), Model 22 (Spanish Laurona) and Model 24.
Okay. I've looked at some other model 24 pics and I see the transition line on the others. But it looks very exaggerated on the auction house pic I linked. I guess the light just hit it odd.
Originally Posted by Slavek
Classic American klunker. It is light angle. If you Google Winchester 24 and hit pictures you see this is usual feature of this model.

You really are the stereotype that leads to Pollock jokes.
The 24 is absolutely not junk.
It's not a prestige gun, but they are good guns.
Originally Posted by Slavek
Whatever it is.

Advoid at all cost

JMO..

Good advise. This is the worst SxS Winchester has ever sold. From best to worst: External Hammer guns made for Winchester in Birmingham England, Model 21, Model 23 (Japanese Olin-Kodensha), Model 22 (Spanish Laurona) and Model 24.

I like Model 24s. They're old school walnut and forged steel utility shotguns.
It's where they reinforced the chamber is what it looks like to me.
They’re basically two 37s sitting beside one another. The extractors suck if you get any rust or buildup in the chambers but kept clean they’re decent shotguns. I killed a pile of pheasants with one my uncle bought at a farm auction for $25.
They’re basically two 37s sitting beside one another. The extractors suck if you get any rust or buildup in the chambers but kept clean they’re decent shotguns. I killed a pile of pheasants with one my uncle bought at a farm auction for $25.

I know some purists don't care much for them because the receiver is as wide as the barrels. But I like that feature of them.
I recommend affordable Spanish Winchester 22. It is all steel gun with double triggers, extractors, cut checkering, and Winchester Proof Steel barrels. The floor plate has Winchester Cowboy Rider logo engraved, kool. This was affordable shotgun with decent handling qualities which Model 24 simply lacks. Oops, I forgot Olin-Kodensha made clones of Parker Brothers shotguns. These were equal in quality to Model 21. The Classic Doubles 201 was combo of Model 21 and Parker Brothers features equal in quality to Model 23.

Cool.
From the price the seller wants, I may need to sell my 24 in 20ga. I didn't realize they had gone up in value so much.
Originally Posted by driggy
From the price the seller wants, I may need to sell my 24 in 20ga. I didn't realize they had gone up in value so much.

From what I can tell, $1300-$1400 seems to be a typical asking price for a Model 24 these days.
This is an over all view of the one I'm looking at,...not pristine, but not beat up, either. The furniture is plain walnut, but it's browned out nicely.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire