Home
Posted By: SCgman1 Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Solo drinking......normal stress free conditions

.how long does it take you to go thru a half gallon of your preferred liquor?

I going through a half gallon of bourbon every 2 weeks...
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Wow
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
My old boss used to buy 2 half gallons of Old Clad every few days.
About 3 trips in 2 weeks.

He doesn't drink anymore.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
This may not apply due to the stress-free clause of your question, but during the initial covid shutdown, I was wiping out a 5th a couple times a week, plus beer. Again, there was stress involved. Hadn't been out of work in 25 years and there was plenty of uncertainty.

I haven't bought a 5th since last spring, FWIW.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
WTF are "normal stress free conditions"?
Posted By: 673 Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
I use a guy I used to work with as an accurate gauge.
He used to drink 6 beers before we arrived at the work site, so around 7:00am.
Less than that is probably still in the safe zone.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
1-2 750ml bottles of bourbon a week Lower end if less stress more than 2 at times
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Solo drinking......normal stress free conditions

.how long does it take you to go thru a half gallon of your preferred liquor?

I going through a half gallon of bourbon every 2 weeks...

Doing the math, your rate of consumption is about 4 ounces per day. That's barely 2 or maybe 3 drinks. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
What proof are we talking? I drink 101 so volume is somewhat limited
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
When I was drinking, a half gallon of scotch lasted the 2nd half of the evening. From about 8 or 9pm until it was gone. Never could do any serious drinking until I got home. Wake up, go to work & repeat. Why do you ask?
Posted By: gremcat Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
For some a few ounces is way to much. I cycle right now I’ve had maybe 4-5 drinks in 6 mos. or more. Other times it’s a few bottles of Single Malt a week or 15-30 10% Belgians. The Belgians cost more than the single malt. Last time I bought 4-4packs it was $80 or more. 12 yr is only about $50-60.
Posted By: gremcat Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Some people shouldn’t touch any alcohol. Just how you handle it. I find it slows my response time, clouds judgement slightly, leaves me duller. None of those are valuable to me so I generally forgo it.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
i don't drink booze unless i drink a lot of it. for casual drinking, i drink homebrew. but for booze, i generally try to limit myself to 1/2 qt of either vodka or gin in a sitting. i have found that amount will give me a nice buzz without a debilitating hangover. however, last july 4th i drank a whole quart. i was schit faced staggering drunk. had a good time though cause everybody else was too. i'm talking howling at the moon drunk. it was a blast. however, i was in a fog all the next day. slept most of it. did not feel well. as for brown booze, no way. besides tasting like schit to me, that stuff tears me up. if i had drank a quart of jack, i would have been blackout, backseat of cop car drunk and puking sick for 2 days. i will not do brown booze. learned that lesson in my younger days.
Posted By: hanco Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
We mostly only drink when we go out dancing, rarely drink at home. A half gallon will last us a year.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Only recent "stress free" period of my life was after my recent knee replacement.
But I was collecting temporary disability pay and couldn't spare the money for booze, except for an occasional 6-pack if that counts.
Not complaining, tho. Enjoyed every stress free minute of being away from work.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Before I retired I would drink 2 martinis (triple shots of vodka) and a bottle of red wine every night. Now I might have a glass of wine or two with dinner and many times no alcohol at all.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Wow

Notice you're from WV.....

I've spent some time there and couldn't help noticing how much more available liquor sales are as store hours are practically unlimited compared to SC........

So I'm taking the "WOW" to mean you ain't impressed with the amount I'm consuming in SC

I will say that whenever I was in WV my consumption rate went up quite a bit...

Beautiful state yall have up there.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Just stay away from the evil sugar, pop mixer.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Bourbon and water is as complicated as I can master....
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Normally, a half gallon will last me a long time. Not as long this year.

I keep to mostly beer and wine.
Posted By: greydog Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
24 Hour Campfire; the ultimate UAA (Unrepentant Alcoholics Anonymous) meeting. GD
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
I have a beer about twice a week. I enjoy a bourbon or rye whiskey drink maybe once a week. It takes me a LONG time to get through even a fifth.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad
WTF are "normal stress free conditions"?

Sleep.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
For some people, like me, hard liquor is the devil.

I don't drink at all anymore, puts me in a bad place.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
Not real big on liquor. I still have some scotch I bought for when my sister came to visit three years ago.
Posted By: hanco Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
I only drink if I have some!
Posted By: jnyork Re: Consumption rate - 02/23/21
I keep a half gallon of Bourbon under the sink at all times in case the drain gets clogged. laugh

Not a drop in over 30 years and darn glad of it.
© 24hourcampfire