Home
Posted By: RockyRaab Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
I didn't want to hijack the meme thread with this discussion, so I started this one.

The topic is about how or what decides the gender of babies. We all agree that it comes down to the X or Y type of sperm that make it through to the egg, I think. Some argue that it is timing that determines which one wins the race. Others opine that position during sex is the difference.

I offer no firm theory, but can relate an anecdote. When I was an instructor pilot, there were two squadrons of IPs totalling perhaps 100 virile young men in their prime breeding years. We jet jocks made lots of babies in the almost five years I flew there. But in that entire time, every baby but two were girls. That is far and away out of the statistical probability box.

What the flight surgeon told us was that the combination of constant high-G maneuvers plus the increased radiation we got from being at high altitude every day had an adverse effect on our "boy" swimmers. It seems that our Y swimmers were weakened enough so that the girl X swimmers almost always won the egg race.

Dunno, but the girl/boy baby ratio among pilots of all kinds seem to be radically skewed to the girl side. Especially so among high-performance plane flyers who pull Gs. Take that for what it's worth.

Me? Two girls.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Y sperm are faster, but are less robust. My doctor told me that male conceptions outnumber female conceptions by a fair amount, but are less likely to remain viable through birth. Any environmental factors that would reduce your sperm count or motility would have the greatest effect on the Y sperm. This includes temperature, nutrition, and quite possibly flight conditions. My dad was also a pilot and he had 3 girls before me.
Ask yourself why men have nipples and then you shall be enlightened.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
It's a biological fact that the guy determines the gender. What is open is the environmental factors. Does the body chemistry of the woman, for example, create a hospitable or formidable environment for X or Y? Are there things the guy does that change the odds (OP for example). Not sure I buy the positional aspect, but who knows.

There's all kinds of wives tales about how to influence, some of them are just funny (point her head in a certain direction), to maybe make sense, like diet, which could effect body chemistry

Me, not a pilot: 2 boys, and now one son has a boy.. My Dad was 2-2, older sister 2 girls, younger sister, 1-1, so me and my siblings are all over the map
Posted By: Morewood Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Gotta go deep for a boy.
Posted By: hanco Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Had 2 out of three that are girls. Luck of the deposit
Posted By: 1minute Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Interesting perceptions on sex around the world. Was stationed in Bangkok, Thailand in the late 60's and our native driver mentioned his wife was expecting. About a week later, she delivered a girl and when we asked about things his reply was he'd thrown her in the khlong (canal). Had no need for a girl.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by 1minute
Interesting perceptions on sex around the world. Was stationed in Bangkok, Thailand in the late 60's and our native driver mentioned his wife was expecting. About a week later, she delivered a girl and when we asked about things his reply was he'd thrown her in the khlong (canal). Had no need for a girl.

Savages.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Two beautiful young ladies, one fine gentleman children.
Posted By: EdM Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Three sons here.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Supposedly temp affects sperm production type.
Of course too hot burns em and thats how the surprise darky babies happen
Posted By: deflave Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
They're all somebody else's problem regardless.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
I'd heard that the level of acidity changed and was more receptive to male sperm depending on the time in the woman's estrus period. It never coincided with my own horny period, but we got it right the first time with a blond and blue male with an innie. Expensive little critters, so a nut cut put an end to more. That made four boys and a girl for her, so I knew that I was playing with a fertile baby mom.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by Morewood
Gotta go deep for a boy.

Yup, gave her all 4 inches and ended up with 3 boys.

Not sure what the formula is. I'm the middle of 3 sons. My father was the middle of 3 sons. My paternal grandfather was one of 5 boys and a couple sisters. Maybe it's genetic more than anything else.
Posted By: Kellywk Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
All I know is that the positions that are supposed to be better for making boys seemed more interesting, so I made sure to cite all the studies when it got to be time. Seemed to work, 1st two were boys.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by deflave

Exactamundo.

And why anybody volunteers for the problem still escapes me.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by deflave

Exactamundo.

And why anybody volunteers for the problem still escapes me.

Just remember if you have a boy you worry about one penis, have a girl worry about all of them
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
I remember an article from when in Australia, citing that the majority of athletes with girl babies, was well outta proportion to the normal.

Something like 70% !
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Enough gun, for the appropriate penetration, is desirable.

Me, I just beat up the sides of that thing.

Seemed ta work, got 1 of each !
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by hookeye
Supposedly temp affects sperm production type.
Of course too hot burns em and thats how the surprise darky babies happen

Lmfao
Posted By: hatari Re: Boy vs Girl babies - 02/23/21
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Ask yourself why men have nipples and then you shall be enlightened.

It is not a contingency plan for later gender reassignment surgery, I assure you.
© 24hourcampfire