Home
https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/23/ercot-members-resign-texas/
"You can't fire me, I quit."
My guess is that solar/wind companies were very generous to these people.
The Ted Cruz approach,

More than you care to deal with?
Don't wanna f'ck with it?

Just leave.....
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Yep.
Non-profit eh. My ass.
Seen them fellas on the TV last week. What a bunch of Poindexters!
These solar power companies have money to burn, they are paying silly money for junk scrub property down my way.
This sounds like a perfect opportunity for an individual with a dual degree Engineering/MBA. Education matters.
https://m.startribune.com/top-board-leaders-resign-after-deadly-texas-power-outages/600026547/

$334 per hour sounds like a pretty good gig.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by killerv
These solar power companies have money to burn, they are paying silly money for junk scrub property down my way.

Problem is, it's our money they are burning. Always has been.

That's what happens when govt picks the winners and losers.

My guess is that your guess is a pretty good guess.....
Good guess. And it must be nice to have a cushy, well paid position that doesn't require much work. Where you don't have to actually do much other than look important and when the chit hits the fan and folks realize what a ceremonial joke your dignified position is, you can just bail out and walk away. That's how it is with a lot of these commissions that look good but do little.
I read recently that one of the board members lives in Germany...
Originally Posted by acy

Reckon this is the place?
Well, it could be the place.
Wudda you thank?
Well, they aint no other place around this place. So, I reckon this must be the place.

Re: Ercot
The events during the freeze in Texas were purely political. I can assure you of that. Having worked for the largest power provider in Texas for 42 years..........the outage was obviously prescribed intentionally by Ercot.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by acy

Wudda you thank?
Well, they aint no other place around this place. So, I reckon this must be the place.

The events during the freeze in Texas were purely political. I can assure you of that. Having worked for the largest power provider in Texas for 42 years..........the outage was obviously prescribed intentionally by Ercot.

+1

The Texas storm wasn't even a blip on the weather radar. Storms like this happen all across the United States.
Reliance on "renewable" energy will continue to be a fantasy until enough of the instances occur to bring people to stop accepting the idiocy of politics over reality & mechanics.

In the meantime, the public pays the cost & suffers the consequences.

The true problem lies solely in DC.

MM

None of them lived in Texas.

I suspect Ercot has a bunch of high paid "jobs" where people don't have to show up to work.
Originally Posted by akasparky
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Again - what was Ted Cruz going to do by staying in Texas? Be specific. Hand out water? Really?? Nobody was freezing their azz off thinking "What is Sen. Cruz doing right now??"
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Again - what was Ted Cruz going to do by staying in Texas? Be specific. Hand out water? Really?? Nobody was freezing their azz off thinking "What is Sen. Cruz doing right now??"

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

99% of the experts who have comments to share on a web forum about Texas don't understand Texas or Texans.
Originally Posted by BayouRover
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

99% of the experts who have comments to share on a web forum about Texas don't understand Texas or Texans.

Nobody has asked what Sen. John Cornyn did. He's the OTHER Texas senator. He could have been in the Dominican Republic with fellow chomo Sen. Menendez molesting children.
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Please explain how Ted, the Fed, would have dealt with the vortex and Texas electric co ops.

Look, Ted did what we all would do if married to a good looking gal worth millions and told she wanted to go to Cancun or she was cutting him off. He said, "What time?" Sheesh.
Elementary
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by acy

Wudda you thank?

+1

The Texas storm wasn't even a blip on the weather radar. Storms like this happen all across the United States.

Thats what we say when fuggers up north are crying and dying in 110 degree so called "heat waves".
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Truth.
The MSM Cruz bouncy ball is to distract from Cuomos murders.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by acy

Wudda you thank?

+1

Thats what we say when fuggers up north are crying and dying in 110 degree so called "heat waves".

True in both directions.

If my state was getting invaded in ridiculous numbers by 3rd world “asylum seekers”, and my senator was vacationing in that schitheel country while my state was reeling from a disastrous storm instead of fighting for federal aid or at least something, I’d be a bit peeved.

But hey, Tejanos are a weird breed by your own admission.
Back to ERCOT...

This might have been a tough pill to swallow for the 5 - they gave up a little extra spending cash with that resignation. Word is that the board members reported spending 5-12 hours per week with ERCOT “duties.”

Didn't people used to get "Tarred-and-Feathered" and/or hung over such things?

TV networks are missing out on a giant revenue stream. Pay-per-View politician punishments.

Just imagine the number of sitting federal, state, and local politicians that would be jumping ship ASAP if the media's new job was to hunt down corruption so as to be able to televise and monetize the public punishments........

The "environmentally conscious" who'd prefer not to be covered in oil (fossil fuel) could instead be covered in honey but instead of feathers, they then get covered in ants.
Problem is they will go to some other cushy regulating job and the ones they replace will move to ERCOT
Originally Posted by ckat
Back to ERCOT...

This might have been a tough pill to swallow for the 5 - they gave up a little extra spending cash with that resignation. Word is that the board members reported spending 5-12 hours per week with ERCOT “duties.”

I sit on several professional boards. They generally pay for travel and meeting fee. The real meaning of ISO is International Sightseeing Organization. They hold all the meeting in the countries of supporting host companies. Being a member is a good way to see the world on your credentials.
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever read. Are you in TX? I am. There was NOTHING Ted Cruz could have done for me or anyone else since this is a state issue. Were you born dumb or did you have to work at it?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If my state was getting invaded in ridiculous numbers by 3rd world “asylum seekers”,,,,,,,,,.

Herein lies the rub. Texas can and has in the past, handled this problem quite well. The issue is ever since the Porvenir incident, the federal government has tied the hands of state LE in such matters. Hands off! Let Border Patrol handle it. We,re from the federal govt and we are here to help!!!

Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

If my state was getting invaded in ridiculous numbers by 3rd world “asylum seekers”,,,,,,,,,.

Herein lies the rub. Texas can and has in the past, handled this problem quite well. The issue is ever since the Porvenir incident, the federal government has tied the hands of state LE in such matters. Hands off! Let Border Patrol handle it. We,re from the federal govt and we are here to help!!!

Yep. And there are ways to deal with pesky state officials that insist on going by the law and the constitution.
Not saying state LE isn’t down on the border. They are. But the ROE are not what they should be on account of the Feds
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Not saying state LE isn’t down on the border. They are. But the ROE are not what they should be on account of the Feds

FWIW The ROE aren’t exactly what the guys in green would like them to be either.

Regardless, Cruz’s stunt looks pretty lousy to me. For any elected official to vacation in that country is disgusting.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you BGG.
The Ted Cruz approach,

Just leave.....

Texas is a very special place...

More and more states are learning from Texas that it is the state's own responsibility to stand up for their rights under the U.S. Constitution and the States own Constitution.
It's Trump withdrawals. The media hasn't done anything for four years but attack him. Now they're grasping at straws and the next best thing.

It's like when heroin addicts shoot up Tylenol.
© 24hourcampfire