Home
The San Francisco School Board says that ol' Abe was such a bad guy that his name should be removed from schools, George Washington too.

"After years of discussion and committee meetings, the San Francisco School Board voted six-to-one in January to rename 44 schools in the district that they felt honored people with discriminatory legacies. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.; the naturalist John Muir; the Spanish colonizer Vasco Nunez de Balboa; and former presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were among the people the board felt “engaged in the subjugation and enslavement of human beings … oppressed women ... led to genocide; or … diminished the opportunities of those amongst us to the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” The schools should find alternative names, the board said.".
Build the Wall. On the San Francisco border.
Yet liberals love Che Guevara. They can't think.
Lincoln was white. That PROVES he was a racist.
Probably form an alliance with some here. Different agendas, common enemy.
Lincoln was clearly a racist. He was a unionist and believed the only way to preserve the union was to at the very least contain slavery to the states where it was already. He proposed deporting the slaves. He clearly stated that he did not wish to make the colored man the equal of the white. He as did Jefferson believed the Black race a huge problem.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

You outa there yet?
I hope they stay in the "utopia" they've created.
crazy
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
or … diminished the opportunities of those amongst us to the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” The schools should find alternative names, the board said.".

So, those folks supported abortion or something?
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

When do you plan to get the heck out of there?
Did Lincoln die?
My grandparents were racist. Grandpa lost a hand and part of his arm to the Japanese in WWII. He other other names for them. They also didn't enjoy company of other ethnicities. Times were different 70 years ago. Times were very different 160 years ago. Judging someone's actions 160 years ago on today's standards is moronic.
Re activate the fault!
Until about 40 years ago, every one was racist. Most of the world understood that there were real genetic differences between the races. Nor was it forbidden to discuss the issue.

Soon we will be just like Russia where one could be (was) thrown into prison for discussing mendelian genetics in mammals. Fur farm foxes to be specific.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_20200604_203613.jpg
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
My grandparents were racist. Grandpa lost a hand and part of his arm to the Japanese in WWII. He other other names for them. They also didn't enjoy company of other ethnicities. Times were different 70 years ago. Times were very different 160 years ago. Judging someone's actions 160 years ago on today's standards is moronic.

My Father fought in the PTO during WW2 and hated everything Japanese for the rest of his life. He also hated leaches, rice, and the U.S. Navy for leaving him on Guadalcanal without enough ammo, food, shelter, and spare parts. He forgave the USN when he was on Okinawa and they were getting the crap beat out of them by the Kamikazes. I agree that judging past acts by current standards is unfair to the people who did what they did and disingenuous and judgmental by the people who want to rewrite history to fit their perception of how it should have been, rather than accepting that it was what it was for a reason.
virtually everyone was 'racist' back then. Lincoln had no love for the black man, and used the slavery issue as a convenient reason to invade the South.
So, the man who personally wrote the Emancipation Proclamation, freed the slaves, set the stage for the 13th/14th and 15th amendments and paid the price with his own life is a racist? Someone is going to have to explain that one to me because I just don't see it.
Ru Paul Elementary.
Caitlin Jenner Middle School.
They are not very smart.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
virtually everyone was 'racist' back then. Lincoln had no love for the black man, and used the slavery issue as a convenient reason to invade the South.

Have you read Lincoln's first inaugural address?

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.".
Originally Posted by MAC
So, the man who personally wrote the Emancipation Proclamation, freed the slaves, set the stage for the 13th/14th and 15th amendments and paid the price with his own life is a racist? Someone is going to have to explain that one to me because I just don't see it.

Just because you work against slavery doesn't mean you can't be racis.
School board is racist.
Diane Feinstein? I love it when they eat their own

KC
He was. Only supported abolition to win in debate and then to finish the war with support of abolitionists after most yankees tired of being shown up. Didn't want the negro in the country after the war.

Lincoln was a typical lawyer consumed by his own ambition. Starting a war to maintain a revenue stream from Southern ports just so he could have a country to preside over should land him on a list of greatest villains of all time.
"The renaming of 44 schools in the San Francisco Unified School District is apparently being put on hold after intense local and national blowback."

Intense Blowback article

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

Wonder how many are past members of the Communist party
Originally Posted by MAC

Simple. The term "racist" is a constantly moving goalpost. Even the most hardcore abolitionists of the Civil War era probably were not planning on the freed slaves moving into their neighborhoods and marrying their daughters. Obviously, that is the minimum standard that you must espouse today to avoid being called a racist.
"Feb 3, 1865 - President Abraham Lincoln and Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stephens held a shipboard peace conference off the Virginia coast; the talks deadlocked over the issue of Southern autonomy."
TODAY IN HISTORY

Slavery was NOT the principal cause of the Civil War - states rights, and the issue of secession WAS.
History NOT re-written.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
states rights

States rights to do what?
Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
Diane Feinstein? I love it when they eat their own

Obviously she's not far enough to the left.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by MAC

Just because you work against slavery doesn't mean you can't be racis.

And I know for sure you can have sex with Negro women and still be racist. When I commercial fished on the Gulf as a teenager and young man there would be Negro prostitutes working the wharves. A lot of deckhands I knew were racist as all get out but when it came to dark women they would make exceptions. One told me he didn't have anything against screwing one but she wasn't going to sit at the table and eat with him.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Lincoln was clearly a racist. He was a unionist and believed the only way to preserve the union was to at the very least contain slavery to the states where it was already. He proposed deporting the slaves. He clearly stated that he did not wish to make the colored man the equal of the white. He as did Jefferson believed the Black race a huge problem.

People need to be evaluated in the context of their times. The SF school board would have been racist in 1860.
Originally Posted by MAC

The question isn't whether, by today's "woke" standards it can be said Lincoln is racist, the issue needs to be evaluated in the context of events of the time and in whether Lincoln believed in the essential idea that the law should not arbitrarily declare that some humans, on account of their color, should have less freedom under the law than others, on account of their color . Lincoln famously remarked that he was not in favor of bringing about the full equality of the White and Negroe races, but he had to make that concession in the interest of achieving the greater good of eradicating chattel slavery. Lincoln did say that in his right to keep the fruits of his own labor (to put into his own mouth the food earned by his own hand) the black man was surely the equal of the white man. That was the moral question of the time and on that issue Lincoln was unequivocally on the side of right and on the side of the Constitution.
The San Francisco School Board says that ol' Abe was such a bad guy that his name should be removed from schools, George Washington too.

"After years of discussion and committee meetings, the San Francisco School Board voted six-to-one in January to rename 44 schools in the district that they felt honored people with discriminatory legacies. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.; the naturalist John Muir; the Spanish colonizer Vasco Nunez de Balboa; and former presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were among the people the board felt “engaged in the subjugation and enslavement of human beings … oppressed women ... led to genocide; or … diminished the opportunities of those amongst us to the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” The schools should find alternative names, the board said.".

Sounds like the school board are bigots...they hate Americans.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Sounds like the school board are bigots...they hate Americans.

You would have to live here to see the extent of it. It's impossible to exaggerate.
"Lincoln was a racist".... Yeah, and?

It was one of his best attributes.

I know, people today have been browbeaten into submission, and they think that being "racist" is the most heinous crime imaginable. Mass murderer, rapist, puppy kicker... none are to be reviled as much as the disgusting, evil "racist".

Frankly, we need to stop being afraid of being called "racist"... and we need to stop being afraid of BEING racist.
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
...They also didn't enjoy company of other ethnicities... .

I don't really enjoy the company of other ethnicities today. I know, my kind must be stomped out!
Apparently St. Francis was a racist. Therefore, the whole city must be renamed. The signage won't have to be much different - Freakciso.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
WOW! Wait til all those old azz bolshies that were in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade in Spain find out about this!!!
Everyone is racist in some form or fashion
The Emancie applied only to those states in rebellion. Politics. He wanted the ex slaves deported to Liberia. He lost his life for destroying a large portion of the country in order to deny free people the right to self determination and allowing what would today be terrorists and terrorist tactics to starve those who would oppose the federal government into submission. Really pizzed a few folks off. His assassin being one. All that being said the Confederacy would most likely have been much better off had he lived. Lincoln’s desire was to maintain a single country. His approach to rebuilding would PROBABLY have differed from what occurred. And yes, large numbers of ex slaves may well have accepted sponsorship back to Africa.
Whack jobs with whacko opinions. That what you got in SF.
Like just about White person who was alive in his time, he was a race realist. The word "racist" was an invention of Leon Trotsky for the purpose of sewing the dissolution of Western civilization. It has no legitimate meaning.
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
He was. Only supported abolition to win in debate and then to finish the war with support of abolitionists after most yankees tired of being shown up. Didn't want the negro in the country after the war.

Lincoln was a typical lawyer consumed by his own ambition. Starting a war to maintain a revenue stream from Southern ports just so he could have a country to preside over should land him on a list of greatest villains of all time.

True.
He is my 3rd cousin - 5x (generations) removed. And I still am proud to share ancestral blood with him. Still, a damn fine president ( if there are some) to me. Sure he had some faults, most do. And you can’t please everyone when you a president of this country.

San Fransicko is a crazy place. Just like most all far left ( or just left) cities in the US. Portland here in Oregon is a prime example.

If you are going to judge people by the way the far left liberal crazies are doing it- you would have to wipe from current history teaching about all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Or just call them all terrible people and use them as examples of people not worth studying. Of course they want to tear up our documents and start over. The left is crazy.
© 24hourcampfire