Home
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Glad youre still here to be annoyed with the itch smile
Wow, Glad you are still with us!

Mike
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Thoughts and prayers for a complete and good recovery.
Yes, indeed! Glad you are as well as you are.

Prayers for a quick, and complete recovery!
Posted By: elkmtb Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
sounds like a concussion to me.

What do you mean airbags TRIED to deploy?
Dang bud, sorry to hear, get well quick.
Dang man

Hope you get straight.

Btw, did you hear about Gopher Gunner? He’s having some heart issues too.
Bad news! Hang in there!
Originally Posted by elkmtb

The dish says deployed and all the gas or propellant came out but no air bags . Vehicle was 2018 Chevrolet Silverado .

Originally Posted by hookeye
Glad youre still here to be annoyed with the itch smile

Son of an itch!

Hope you get better Rick
Posted By: Raeford Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dang man

Hope you get straight.

Cruelty hath no bounds grin

hang in there R in Tenn
Posted By: Redneck Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Prayers for a full recovery sir.... Best wishes.
Dang man

Hope you get straight.

Hate to hear that .
Hope you recover soon, don t sign nothing ,get a lawyer sue the broad in the van for her incompetence and your injuries and then sue GM for your high priced airbags that didn't work. Hope all is well soon.
I think my pickup is totaled , lost my wallet and glasses at the wreck . The lady that hit me was ticketed . Im fully insured and she has state farm so no worries ?
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

I met a guy at the eye clinic at vanderbilt, he had blurred vision after a car wreck. A concussion in his eyes and wonkied his optic nerve(s) and was the cause
Posted By: 79S Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

Speaking getting paid whatever happened to ol renegade fender bender from a couple yrs back? I thought you two be in Mexico partying with hookers snorting coke off dudes backs?
Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
Originally Posted by 79S
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

Speaking getting paid whatever happened to ol renegade fender bender from a couple yrs back? I thought you two be in Mexico partying with hookers snorting coke off dudes backs?

He slipped on some chicken blood in the walmart
They are telling me that the accident caused me to have a stroke . Im not paralyzed and have no weakness in any limbs . But they see evidence of a stroke and say it happened just after the accident .

Worst part is my vision is out of focus , blurred in my left eye . This has improved a little in the last 2 days .

My insurance ask me if I intend to obtain an attorney . Not sure what to do and Im not thinking clearly .

Just glad to be home alive taking my pain meds
Originally Posted by 79S
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

He slipped on some chicken blood in the walmart

So no partying in Mexico????
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
They are telling me that the accident caused me to have a stroke . Im not paralyzed and have no weakness in any limbs . But they see evidence of a stroke and say it happened just after the accident .

Worst part is my vision is out of focus , blurred in my left eye . This has improved a little in the last 2 days .

My insurance ask me if I intend to obtain an attorney . Not sure what to do and Im not thinking clearly .

They should be getting an attorney to sue Chevy for chitty airbags..
Get a good attorney, been there done that. Dealing with hospital bills etc gets to be a pain really fast, an attorney will deal with the all BS for you.
Saturday I was driving on the snow when a lady driving a cargo van did a 360 and we had a head on collision . My airbags tried to deploy and the interior filled with white smoke .
I was trapped in the vehicle and couldn't get out until the fire dept pried the door open . When I got out of the vehicle I felt like I was drunk , couldn't sip my jacket and my vision was blurred and out of focus . When they got me in the ambulance the EMT told me I was having a stroke .
I spent 2 days in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room while they did every conceivable test , MRI , Ultrasound . CT and a scope down to my heart .

Im home now with blurred vision and a heart loop monitor in my chest . The doctors bullied me into getting the monitor . Said if I agreed to have it placed in my chest they would release me .
I already regret having the loop monitor implanted cause my chest is swollen and itching . I can feel it under the skin and move it all around.

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.
Keep me posted on the progress and I will continue to pray for you.

BTW, Watch the short video link below in my signature.
God is involved in your life and has something to give.

Glad you are still around...
So did the air bags burst? Or was the white smoke from something else?
Heck, you probably don't know...

So the impact broke a clot free somewhere..

The silver lining is that you got rid of that clot...

Are you speaking normally?

The vision will probably come back to normal..
Did they check your eyes?
People have had their cornea scratched by air bags in the past..
Or your eye cooled be swollen throwing off the focal distance...

Good luck...
Speedy recovery..
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

For crying out loud!
I don't know what is worse. A near death crash you survived, or some doctor pushing something into your heart while you were under duress.
I will pray right now.

So you want him to call you everyday to keep updated?
I think my pickup is totaled , lost my wallet and glasses at the wreck . The lady that hit me was ticketed . Im fully insured and she has state farm so no worries ?

State Farm = worry

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery
The white smoke is typical. At least in my experience with bags going off.

Had a couple good wrecks with deployed bags. Both times I can actually remember the bags deploying, followed by the white dusty smoke, abrasions on forearms and face, and an infusion of adrenaline.

Get out of the car with a hard on and willingness to fight or fugk. Lol.
Rick as I said and others like stormin norman get an attorney before you have completely recovered those state farm turds will be after you to sign a release. You don't what the limits of her policy are and if they are high enough the state farm people aggressively pursue you signing a release. Don't sign anything get an attorney now. Best wishes for a full recovery. MB
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope everything resolves.

You need to lawyer-up before signing anything. I think Renegade's lawyer got him a lifetime of Sam's Club Slurpees as compensation for his accident, so you might want to check him out.

Do airbags wear out or have a useful lifetime? I drive a 13 year old truck and wonder if the airbags would really work?
Depends on how fat her insurance policy is. I was in a 3+1 at fault accident and the 3 of us had to split her minimum coverage policy. I came out OK but the guy with the newer truck got screwed. he would need to sue her for the balance to recover anymore than the limits of her coverage.
Im not sure what to think about the air bags , truck only had 28,000 miles and no previous accident . I called the dealer and the said no recalls on the airbags .

I have been retired working as a consultant part time which gave me healthcare thru Cigna . I may wind up losing that gig because of this accident .
Might be new enough to have variable "rate" bags or multi stage bags.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21

Don't answer any questions, from even your own insurance co. I don't trust any of them.
If they press you tell them you are to confused to talk right now and end the conversation, hang up on them if you have to.
Then get a lawyer.
Insurance called and wants to bring me a Nissan Rouge . Im not even supposed to be driving until my neurologist says its alright
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Don't answer any questions, from even your own insurance co. I don't trust any of them.
If they press you tell them you are to confused to talk right now and end the conversation, hang up on them if you have to.
Then get a lawyer.

Thanks good advise .
Im not sure what to think about the air bags , truck only had 28,000 miles and no previous accident . I called the dealer and the said no recalls on the airbags .

I have been retired working as a consultant part time which gave me healthcare thru Cigna . I may wind up losing that gig because of this accident .

State Farm will have an offer on the injuries that comes right out of a computer program called Colossus that many companies are subscribed to these days. DON'T ACCEPT IT!. They'll cajole you to take it and say it's all your liability claim is worth ( based on the computer model).
Insurance called and wants to bring me a Nissan Rouge . Im not even supposed to be driving until my neurologist says its alright

Tell them to hold until you get the go ahead.
Think of it as an acceptance continuum.
Like the people who sell time shares..
Heal up, Rick!
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

Posted By: RickyD Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Originally Posted by elkmtb

The dish says deployed and all the gas or propellant came out but no air bags . Vehicle was 2018 Chevrolet Silverado .

That is too new of a vehicle to have the air bags fail. Get yourself a good attorney. You made need one anyway. Yes. State Farm should be working on the States farms for criminals. They have screwed me over a few times.

Don't believe anyone but a neurologist to tell you if you had a stroke or not. I had some weird stuff going on a couple of years ago and my pcp sent me to the hospital. Two of the docs, one from the emergency room and another who I saw next for testing, both tried to tell me I had a stroke. I told them both I must not have been there when it happened. So once I was released I sought the advise of a neurologist who told me it was simple. Had they looked at the MRI and not just the c-scan, they would have clearly seen I did not have a stroke, supposing they knew how to read an MRI. So to be sure, I had 3 hours of tests done by a neurological shrink who told me the same thing: no stroke.
Posted By: 673 Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Good thing you were in a full sized truck. I always wonder about driving a smaller car or similar.
Glad you were not hurt.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
Did the woman survive? A crash with a pickup you are normally the winner.
Originally Posted by 79S

For crying out loud!
I will pray right now.

God will fill him in.
You bout to get paid bro

Oh my neck
Oh my back

Oh my neck AND my back

seriously hope all good

[Linked Image from reactiongifs.us]
Originally Posted by 79S

For crying out loud!
I will pray right now.

Why the crass comment?

I check here and if he wants to update us christians, he can know that at least I will pray. Probably others will too. He's welcome to PM as I've offered to others IF he wants.

Those who don't talk to or hear from the Great Physician.... I can't speak for them or for you.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/25/21
If you live close to Nashville, you need to call Bart Durham. He'll get you a few million, and you can be on Channel 5, showing him handing you the check.

Glad you're okay........get better soon.
Originally Posted by 79S

For crying out loud!
I will pray right now.

Why the crass comment?

I check here and if he wants to update us christians, he can know that at least I will pray. Probably others will too. He's welcome to PM as I've offered to others IF he wants.

Those who don't talk to or hear from the Great Physician.... I can't speak for them or for you.

Ok mr creepo..
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If you live close to Nashville, you need to call Bart Durham. He'll get you a few million, and you can be on Channel 5, showing him handing you the check.

Bart Durham

He ded

LOL
Rick, make a list of schit you need and post it on the fire! Seriously, I hope you make a full recovery!
Sorry to hear this. I hope you heal-up quick.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/26/21
Get a damn good lawyer. My family member tried going after Chevy cuz airbags did not deploy (2011 Chevy 3/4ton) in 2011. They have good lawyers. Family member is now a double amputee paraplegic. Plenty of front end damage. Not their fault.

We thought we got a good lawyer that was highly recommended from a very established family but Chevy has good lawyers.
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and hope everything resolves.

You need to lawyer-up before signing anything. I think Renegade's lawyer got him a lifetime of Sam's Club Slurpees as compensation for his accident, so you might want to check him out.

Do airbags wear out or have a useful lifetime? I drive a 13 year old truck and wonder if the airbags would really work?

A 2018's airbags shouldn't be worn out yet. I mean, his truck isn't a Ford.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Get a damn good lawyer. My family member tried going after Chevy cuz airbags did not deploy (2011 Chevy 3/4ton) in 2011. They have good lawyers. Family member is now a double amputee paraplegic. Plenty of front end damage. Not their fault.

We thought we got a good lawyer that was highly recommended from a very established family but Chevy has good lawyers.

Personally, I don't feel like Chevy should be liable in any way whatsoever. The airbags are a safety feature to help you in an accident - there are no guarantees.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Personally, I don't feel like Chevy should be liable in any way whatsoever. The airbags are a safety feature to help you in an accident - there are no guarantees.

I can agree with you on that but a GM employee who we know got documents from internal gm that said their was a fault, and 2011 was part of the years. Documents showed airbags went into "limp" mode on impact.

Theirs more to it, but not gonna go into it here cuz I hate typing.

On the other hand, if no guarantees, why the big takotna airbag issue?
There are two parts to a car wreck settlement when injuries are involved.

1 - Settlement for the truck. You can do this right now and accept what book value is on the truck, since it's totaled, because that is all you are going to get from them for the truck loss.

2 - Settlement for the medical side. Take a breath and relax, and work on YOU getting better. You are not obligated to do any more right now, since the insurance has been notified.

DO NOT be in any hurry to sign ANYTHING, except settlement for the truck to pay it off if needed. And make sure the papers you sign are ONLY for the truck settlement part. You have "plenty" of time to interview attorneys, and decide who you are comfortable in having represent you.

You have insurance, so you're covered for your medical bills and your truck.

Again, you have plenty of time (MONTHS) to interview.

Hope you get well soon.

The doctors were most likely "building a ticket", and performing as many tests as possible to rob the insurance company. It's all corrupt as hell on that end, and why we pay so much.

On the medical settlement, usually the case is worth three times medical expenses. Standard lawyer fees for no pay up front are:

33% settlement, no lawsuit filed.
40% lawsuit filed, settle out of court.
50% go to trial.

If you read up, and get educated, you might be able to settle up yourself with the insurance and come out with more money in your pocket, rather than letting a lawyer get their large cut. Problem is, the lawyers at the insurance companies make that angel very difficult, and almost refuse to get right when they know they are dealing with someone not educated in settlement tactics, unless you lawyer up.

Those airbags failed. They just haven't had enough reported yet for the government open a case and demand a recall on yet, so you have that to go after too.

The big issue is making sure you don't have any medical issues that arise later on, and that is why you give plenty of time to recovery before you settle, unless you have in the settlement that later issues that arise are covered. That takes getting the settlement written up right, and most likely will require you obtaining an attorney to review it.

The above is what I'd do, and is not to be taken as legal advice. It is opinion only.

Just take your time. Hope you get better.

Best wishes for a full speedy recovery!
Glad to hear your alive.
Auto accidents suck.
Espeically when outta the fughing blue cause of some moron

Follow docs advice ...
Get well soon.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/26/21
Glad you are OK, for the most part. Get a good lawyer, they will deal with the Insurance company and won't be settling anything until your long term health is figured out. Find one first thing in the morning. The only thing I hate more than attorneys are insurance companies.
Damn, life happens suddenly at times!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Accident and hospital stay - 02/26/21
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Bart Durham

He ded

LOL

Then get his son Blair.........he's almost as good as Daddy was
Here s to a quick recovery and better times ahead.
Glad you kinda OK. At least you're well enough to be irritated by the loop, good sign.
By all means......heed Storman Normans advice....he knows of which he speaks.....

Retain an Attorney, let him do the talking after the two of you discuss the case, and then don't talk to anyone else about it!
© 24hourcampfire