Home
I've been looking for my old standby .270 130 gr SST bullet to load up some ammo for next year's deer season. Everyone sold out.
I know there's an ammo/powder/primer shortage, but damn, there's apparently even been a run on hunting bullets too! Geeez!

When do y'all think this crap will end?
Never. And I really hope I'm wrong.
hunting.....2 or 4......think outside the box.
My guess... Allot of the supplies are going to even more popular things that are in higher demand .556, 9mm etc.

So they're pushing out less hunting stuff. To keep up with the demand. And EVERYBODY is still panic buying everything.

If everyone would calm down for A couple months supplies might catch back up and balance out.

-Jake
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
My guess... Allot of the supplies are going to even more popular things that are in higher demand .556, 9mm etc.

Yep
PM me. I don't have SST's but I surely have something that will kill a deer.
I think I seen a pile of those 270 sst’s the other day. I’ll be back up there Tuesday to check
In stock. They're local to me. I've bought a LOT of powder, primers, brass and bullets from John.

130 grain SST in stock
If you would use them I'll send you a box of the regular 130 gr. flat based Interlock spire points for $30. shipped. I have used this bullet for years and feel it would be hard to improve on.
I'd send you some, but theres never been a .270 in Casa de Ingwe because...well...you know....
I don't have a .270 bullet, not a single one.
You got a .30-30, or anything else .30? Can help with that.
Pm sent
I have a box with about 75 or 80 in it that I will never use. They will continue to collect dust.
If you need them, I'll send them your way.
Originally Posted by Nollij
I have a box with about 75 or 80 in it that I will never use. They will continue to collect dust.

Aaaaaw hell.

We got a new guy here posting pics of dead critters and stepping up to help other hunters in under 100 posts?!?!????

Niiiiiiiice
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Nollij

Aaaaaw hell.

We got a new guy here posting pics of dead critters and stepping up to help other hunters in under 100 posts?!?!????

Niiiiiiiice

+1

ya!

GWB
Thanks, y'all - looks like I've got a couple of lines on some bullets now.

Now find me some 32 H&R brass and I'll be set. 😊
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

You're overrun by 6.5 bullets, though, aren't you? 😉
You might have to go cup and core that worked for 90 years

I would send you a single one.

I wouldn't expect a straight guy to have any of those...
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

You're overrun by 6.5 bullets, though, aren't you? 😉

No. I’m not even a little gay. .17, .22, .25, 7mm, .30, .35, .375, .40, .41, .44, .45, .50

So they're pushing out less hunting stuff. To keep up with the demand. And EVERYBODY is still panic buying everything.

If everyone would calm down for A couple months supplies might catch back up and balance out.

-Jake

I agree...Took wife nearly 2 months to find 6.5 CM Hornady American Whitetail.Even my .308 is tough getting what i want.

I have some of those. 97 new Federal to be exact & they’re even primed with CCI primers. Send me $20 and cover shipping and they’re yours.
I bought 140 gr nossler partition spitzers (sp?) today 50 for 42.00 bucks I was so surprised to find them that I spent that much on them. My son and I will not need ammo for may years hopefully.
Glad I know how to make them
Anyone got any 7mm-08 they wanna sell??

New rifle needs fed

-Jake

New rifle needs fed

-Jake

Really
I've been looking for my old standby .270 130 gr SST bullet to load up some ammo for next year's deer season. Everyone sold out.
I know there's an ammo/powder/primer shortage, but damn, there's apparently even been a run on hunting bullets too! Geeez!

Well, you hadn't noticed this six months ago. I have some extra 270 bullets if you might need a handful.

I really need some fifteen cent 6.5 100 grainers. LOL
You rock in today's worled
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'd send you some, but theres never been a .270 in Casa de Ingwe because...well...you know....
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I bought a box of Rem .260 140 gr "match" ammo Monday at SW.; At $40, it was not too unreasonably priced ( usually Corelokt runs 35 or better), it was available, I'm a little short on hunting ammo that gun likes (140's only), might want to get the wife and/or kid some trigger time, and may not get around to reloading any by season....... soooo. I could have bought 2, maybe should have. Might still, if available next week.

Anyone have info on how these (or similar) work on game? Expansion, wound channel, penetration?

New rifle needs fed

-Jake

Are you looking for reloading components or loaded ammo. I picked up 2 boxes of 7mm-08 American Whitetail 139g interlocks for a friend and then they changed their mind. I load my own so I don't have much use for factory stuff.

The shop I bought them at had a 2 box limit luckily or I'd have been stuck with more. I just bought them a few weeks ago so I paid more than they are normally worth. I'd have to dig up the receipt but they were a little over $40/ box plus tax. It was kind of pricey for American Whitetail stuff but I was standing in the little shop when they brought out 2 cases. With a 2 box limit they were still sold out in about 10 minutes so I figured they must not have been priced above the market.

Bb
I'll PM you BB. I do reload. But don't have anything in 7mm-08 so I'll take factory stuff.

-Jake
I inherited so much 270 components that I thought about buying one...never owned one.
Pretty simple.
There's a finite amount of raw materials available and a finite number of lines that an ammo maker can run during a time span.
They are narrowing that to the most profitable calibers and styles.
Example.
9mm vs 380
If you were a company would you load 9mm or 380?
The demand dictates.
I would convert a 270 line to 5.56 in a second right now. That's where the demand is.
Same with components.
Now that the best majority of deer seasons have ended is say that production will be entirely covered to bulk 5.56, 308 , and 6.5 creedmore match.
That's what I would do if I was a production manager for vista or winchester.
Make hay when the sun shines. 270 hunting ammo can a suck it. I'm running the ammo people are standing in line for.
I have several hundred speer 130g hotcores and a few boxes of 150 hotcores and some 150 partition seconds. Let me know if you're in a pinch and want to try some of those.

Bb
I have plenty, had a feeling this was coming.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I inherited so much 270 components that I thought about buying one...never owned one.

Whatcha got for bullets???
Because you are gay
I think I have a box. If so I’ll get with you
Having rifles that I can cast bullets for 30-06, 45 Colt, 405 Winchester, 8mm, 308, 45-70, it never was an issue.

This is why I buy a lifetime supply of a bullet, powder, brass & primer that I choose as a permanent hunting load. I’m sitting on a stack of many of the items people are pining for now. Sure, I could make big profits thru all of this, but I’m not married to money. Nor could I exploit my fellow man just for gain.
buy a real bullet instead of those plastic tipped things that dont kill very well. i bet i have 10-12 boxes of hornady interloks . 140gr in the 270
Originally Posted by srwshooter
buy a real bullet instead of those plastic tipped things that dont kill very well. i bet i have 10-12 boxes of hornady interloks . 140gr in the 270

Sorry, man - I've been using the SST's on deer forever and they have been a killer for me. And here in eastern N.C. where we are allowed an unlimited number of deer tags , I have a pretty good data set to draw from.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

I have some of those. 97 new Federal to be exact & they’re even primed with CCI primers. Send me $20 and cover shipping and they’re yours.

Outstanding! I'll PM you. Thanks.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[quote=Triggernosis]

Well, you hadn't noticed this six months ago. I have some extra 270 bullets if you might need a handful.

Yes, I noticed things turning south last summer when the Antifa/BLM loonies were burning up the country. At the same time I was dealing with the slow, long process of my mother dying and making ammo wasn't even on my mind. Plus, I thought Trump would be reelected and things would turn around.
I have plenty of 5.56 as I'm a Service Rifle competitor and shoot literally thousands of rounds a year, so I'm good there.
I just didn't know how low on hunting ammo I had gotten - and wouldn't have expected it to be difficult to find 100-round boxes of .270 bullets.

Sorry, man - I've been using the SST's on deer forever and they have been a killer for me. And here in eastern N.C. where we are allowed an unlimited number of deer tags , I have a pretty good data set to draw from.

I still kinda giggle when people talk about bullets for use on deer as if deer are really hard to kill......

Arrows, .223, 6cm, 6.5cm, .270, 30-30, .308, 44mag, 45/70, .50 muzzleloader have all killed just fine for me. The only caliber I really think about the bullet is .223.
Have you checked midsouth?
I know they got SST .308 and .323 available in stock or can back order.
Limited selection.

Dont know about .270 though.
I dont surf for them.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Limited selection.

I dont surf for them.

I posted an in-stock link to a gtg store by me.

😉
If things like this bother you, punch a Democrat.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Limited selection.

I dont surf for them.

I posted an in-stock link to a gtg store by me.

😉

I found Some 140 7mm NBT there and a Hornady 308 shell plate for my progressive and placed a order
Thanks

My nephew has dumped several nc deer with SST's out of a bastard 6.5-08 I had left over from my High Power days. He says they were DRT.

If I had any .270 bullets I'd deliver them.......
Has anyone located these yet? grin
I bought about 120 rounds of 150 grain Winchester 350 Legend when it was readily available. Hard to find now. I have enough to deer hunt in Ohio until I'm too old to hunt.

Ron
Originally Posted by MarkWV
hunting.....2 or 4......think outside the box.

Huh ?
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Whatcha got for bullets???

Ha, I'll have to look. I have quite a bunch of 7mm bullets too and don't own any 7mm's. 😃
Seems a little late to the party. There have been ammo issues for two decades. And get caught with no ammo for your primary meat stick. Not good.
The best thing to do on bullets is do a trade. Most of us have quite a few boxes that have been sitting around not being used. Advertise what you want to trade. Usually works out, they get what they want and so do you
SST works for me, and has for a good many years .30-06, .308W, and .270W. Feral hogs and whitetail.
Slumlord loads SST,s in his savage 116 6.5x 284 norma.

Pretty devastating bullet.
Basically a grenade after 6 or 7 inches of smashing thru bone or soft tissue, get a nasty exit wound.
Fragments of the bullet explosion internally everywhere.
Neither of us really fret meat damage.
He is after major meat areas for his needs so not really worried about front shoulder area damage.
Me..... I donate my kills anyways.

I like shooting monolithic bullets outta my 0t6
Like the SPCE outta my 8mm
I have yet to recover a bullet from either.
I like high shoulder break down shots, smash both shoulders and hopefully smash or heavily damage some vertabreas.
With both bullet designs I use.
If I can visualize a line thru the chest area on any angle a deer presents. I will take the shot.
Makes for some nasty gutting out jobs sometimes though.
Gag........

I know I would not wanta get hit with a SST bullet as a human.
They cause alot of random internal damage and they blow up bone pretty dramatically from what I have seen .
Surgeons nightmare .
I dont even think Hawkeye from mash could bring ya back.

Slumlord cant take the chance gutting deer being a transplant patient on immunosuppressant meds.

Gutting out for him and feeling bullet and blown up bone fragments all around a chest cavity willy nilly everywhere.
They are a bullet that works on WTD.

Bigger game I would most def use a bullet with more weight retention,deeper penetration, and more delayed expansion.

It's all personal preference anyways.

Nowadays, all bullets are dear bullets.

So, you can kill NC deer with 270? Who knew. wink
Originally Posted by rickt300
If you would use them I'll send you a box of the regular 130 gr. flat based Interlock spire points for $30. shipped. I have used this bullet for years and feel it would be hard to improve on.

Great bullets that work well on elk also.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Poor Jack O'Connor had no idea.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I would send you a single one.

Hahaha. Winner, winner....
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Jack could shoot good enough he didnt need a 280.

When the damned Dems finally lose.. And - as we all saw last November - they'll continue to win every election by cheating to the max...
Forum member Dean Anderson just sold me a vintage box of Nosler 115gr. partitions for my 257 Roberts. Great guy to do business with.
My Bro-in-Law is set up for reloading. Gonna show me how it's done this week.
Thanks, gentlemen - due to a couple of gracious gentlemen here, I have found what I was looking for, including some .32 H&R brass. 👍
Good deal. I took a look around, remembered that last summer I got into some SSTs, but, they were 284s.... Signing up for in-stock notices is a good thing. Stuff is still being made, and shipped, and sold...

Hornady 277, 130 grain interlock at the Kittery Trading Post- online sales.
SW got some federal 130g 270 in so I snagged 2 bxs, also had 3030, grabbed that as well, both priced at $21 ea.
Bought for ranchers who don't get into town and asked me to buy whatever I can for them.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Jack could shoot good enough he didnt need a 280.

Jack was a writer, Eleanor was the hunter..
© 24hourcampfire