Home
Posted By: hikerbum Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
Stopped into local Cabelas that I hadn’t visited in a while. Evidently they got an ammo shipment. People lined up 50 deep to be allowed one at a time into the 4 shelves of various ammo. I thought of taking a look, but muttered how ludicrous this has become. The guy next to me said how great the prices were...... no thanks, did t look that good to waste an hour standing in line.
Posted By: kennyd Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
If I really needed anything maybe would wait. .300 savage,
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
I have pictures of empty shelves, I'll think we've all seen them.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by kennyd
If I really needed anything maybe would wait. .300 savage,

Sportsmans warehouse in Idaho falls had 300 savage ammo yesterday. They limit you to 2 total boxes of ammo combined and I used my limit on something else. Check your local store.

Bb
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
I stop in at the one in Lonetree CO every once in awhile whie seeing a Dr close .It reminds me of the old Blue Light Specials in KMart and all the women running to that asle
Posted By: Slavek Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Stopped into local Cabelas that I hadn’t visited in a while. Evidently they got an ammo shipment. People lined up 50 deep to be allowed one at a time into the 4 shelves of various ammo. I thought of taking a look, but muttered how ludicrous this has become. The guy next to me said how great the prices were...... no thanks, did t look that good to waste an hour standing in line.

Good, you passed the test for being a rational individual. One wonders, how far does one have to be gone in order to stand in line for ammunition?
Posted By: Buck720 Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/27/21
Everyone should be limited right now because most assjacks are buying to resale!
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/28/21
If they have it in stores, then they might have it online. I put in a backorder for 10 boxes Hornady SST 12 gauge sabot slugs awhile ago and lo and behold they showed up at my door a few weeks ago for $13.99 a box with free shipping. That's about half of what they were selling for on G-Broker without having to pay $20 in shipping on top of everything.

I'd try that route again before waiting in some long line.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/28/21
Yeah, bud told me that there was a limit and that stuff was at reg price.

Good.

But I aint standing in line
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/28/21
Might be another couple years before I need to buy factory ammo. Hopefully [bleep] has settled by then.
Posted By: WAM Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/28/21
I quit standing in long lines when I left the Army. It’s highly unusual for me to stand behind more than 2 or 3 at checkout. First thing I look for entering a store is how many registers are open and how long the lines are. Fuggers taking a number to get to the gun counter at Cowbellers are nuts. However, I admit to standing in line yesterday behind 3 others at my local gun shop to buy a jug of Varget. That being about 5 minutes.....
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Cabela s ammo - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by hikerbum
The guy next to me said how great the prices were.

Things are pretty bad when folks think Cabela's has good prices.......
© 24hourcampfire