Home
I need to do some work on my wife's car so I get on Rockauto.com and order some gaskets. What could be more American than Felpro gaskets? I am extremely let down to see they are made in China. I'm probably the last one to know this but for future reference, who still makes stuff like this here in the US.
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
You can say that again. grin

Most things like that are made overseas lately.
You have to ask yourself , why? connect the dots, if you need help ask.... wink
Even the cut your own sheets probably come from a cork or rubber rich country...
Doesn't California Proposition 65 prohibit the use of or replacement of gaskets because they are known to the state of California to cause cancer?

The new laws are so complicated I can't hardly keep up.

As for country of origin... best of luck to you.

China could shut down the American economy 100% by simply not selling to us for a few months.

In medieval times, a castle would be surrounded by enemy troops and those in the castle would be under siege and unable to provide for their needs.

China could shut down America instantly by not resupplying our needs. It really is that simple. We are in an untenable situation.

Prepare now... please acquire all the hard Commodities that you can Envision needing before The Siege and War of Attrition occurs.
It can be done, but it sometimes requires extensive research to determine what products are made in USA - or at least not made in China. And it's not just that these products are MIC, but products made in chiner are inferior and fail at a much higher rate and much more quickly than American made products - or even German or Japanese made products. Many MIC parts don't even fit correctly.

Though required by law, many companies will not list the country of manufacture, often listing 'Imported' instead and it's a safe bet that anything that stated 'Imported' in MIC. I've had too many failures to ever purchase MIC parts again - especially automotive. It takes some doing, but I can usually find parts that are not MIC. Unfortunately, this is not a quick process.
Nobody and biden is selling out more to china.
Hecho en Chin.
Made in ChinkyChowLand or Made in MuchoMexicano.. durability and quality is not even up to the cheap price standards...

for gaskets, plain old RTV sealant works fine to make gaskets.. I know on some Toyotas, that is what the factory uses over plain old gaskets...

one reason I shop a lot of Auto Zone, is that their stuff seems to be made in Mexico.. but carries a life time warranty...

you are in their data base by a phone number you give them.. I've had stuff that failed in my vehicle, when even on the east coast, 3000 miles from home..

stopped into an Autozone, gave them my phone number, they gave me the replacement and I even borrowed tools from them, and then fixed it in the parking lot...

no money out of pocket... most recently I had spark plug wires ( 2 out of a set of 4, Failed).. Took them down to autozone.. they gave me a new set of their best set as that is what I had originally bought....knew the guy behind the counter from automotive classes over at the Community College... Eli, looked on my record history.. this was the 5th set of replacement under warranty plug wires.. the original set this was under I purchased back in 2001....

This was on my 4 Runner which I have owned now for 33 years...

I buy from companies that back up their products... O'Reilly's is just as good at doing that also...
AutoZone is anti gun btw Link
probably because if they were made in america they would cost $500/gasket
There is a way to read bar codes to find out. A friend of mine sent me the legend to read them. I think the first few numbers indicate country of origin.
I would ask him for it again but he died last month.
Originally Posted by uncle joe
There is a way to read bar codes to find out. A friend of mine sent me the legend to read them. I think the first few numbers indicate country of origin.
I would ask him for it again but he died last month.

https://www.barcoding.com/blog/barcode-prefixes-and-product-country-of-origin/
UPDATE!!!
I received the rest of my order from Rock Auto, timing chain kit with cam phasers, tensioner and guides. Cloyes, "quality since 1921 it says on the box. Also says in fine print, made in China. I'm more pissed at China for the threat to our economy that questionable quality. I could tolerate Taiwan or Mexico but this China crap is just so disappointing. I suppose I could use genuine GM parts but they didn't really last like I thought they should. Youtube videos bears this out. There are lots of DIV vids out there showing you how and they all use Cloyes.
FML. I guess I will just press on.
© 24hourcampfire