Home

With 92K miles.....cherry......no loan........

and buy a pig in a poke (sorta)

a private used 2003 Toyota/Lexus Land Cruiser with 193K on it ?

My SIL looked 'er over good........bringing her home to Utah Saturday......

Pics to follow........can you say 'Cabin Fever' ?

>>>>>>>>>>> grin<<<<<<<<<<<

or

>>>>>>>>>>>> cry<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
You have only yourself to please but I’d not go for that trade.

Oh

its a 2nd owner/good records/Native Arizona truck
Those previous gen Tacoma’s are worth an utterly insane amount of money. I looked at a 14 or 15 double cab and if it has under 60k on it. The asking price is 29-30k. I can buy a brand new one for about 32,500. No way am I paying that for a 6 year old truck. People are crazy

I won't tell you what I sold my '14 for

Still slept that night too

2nd Gen Tacoma's bring top buck
Originally Posted by efw

I have always wanted a Toyota Land Cruiser-----100 Series

The Lexus badged one is a wolf in sheep's clothing
I have a '15 4X4 with the extra cab and a manual transmission. Drove it new off the lot. Not selling anytime soon...if ever.
Originally Posted by Dess
I have a '15 4X4 with the extra cab and a manual transmission. Drove it new off the lot. Not selling anytime soon...if ever.

my '14 was a 6 sp MT

a rare bird
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by efw

Oh don’t get me wrong man I love those Land Cruisers too but those Tacomas are sick cool.
Originally Posted by efw

I have the last lx450 full lockers and I love it. She's fuel thirsty pig.....but I love it.

Are '14s really second generation? I would think it would be a least 3rd or 4th. To me the second gen would be a '86 up. First would be the '79 - 85 the last of the straight axels.
18 years old with near 200,000 miles? Price better be right.
Originally Posted by 1911a1

Are '14s really second generation? I would think it would be a least 3rd or 4th. To me the second gen would be a '86 up. First would be the '79 - 85 the last of the straight axels.

2nd Gen Taco's

2005-2015
Originally Posted by GeoW
18 years old with near 200,000 miles? Price better be right.

The Toyota LC & Lexus LX series bring top buck

Especially in the west........

Made in the same factory in Japan........

Toyota describes them as----------

Built to last 25 years in a 3rd world country'

In my estimation it all depends on for what you want to use the Land Cruiser. If it is overland camping, it might make sense, but other than that, I would hold on to the more universally useful pickup.

2nd Gen Taco's

2005-2015

I see what your saying, back then they were just Toyota's pick ups thought the upgraded ones with 5 speeds said SR-5 on them
I drove two Tacomas as company vehicles. Very reliable, but uncomfortable has heck. I hope I never have to get in another one. They’ve got me in a 1/2 ton Dodge right now. Not the same reliability as the Toyota, but it is much easier on the driver.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
In my estimation it all depends on for what you want to use the Land Cruiser. If it is overland camping, it might make sense, but other than that, I would hold on to the more universally useful pickup.

still have my clean one owner Chebby 2500HD crew cab

128K miles
If its a Lexus w the auto height hydro suspension get it checked out. They're known to go in about 10-12 years.

They're both amazing vehicles.
Originally Posted by efw

Nope.
If I was a mid-sized truck guy and had a '14 Taco with 4x4 and the 4.0, you'd have to pry it away from me.

I've gone the truck to SUV route and there's no way I'd go SUV again unless I also had a truck.
Originally Posted by BCBH
If its a Lexus w the auto height hydro suspension get it checked out. They're known to go in about 10-12 years.

They're both amazing vehicles.

yep...has that hyd suspension

going away with it soon and with conv system & 2" lift

yes I still have a truck
I have a '15.... no pharken way I'd sell/trade. Adding to the stable would be a different proposition .
No I would not. I have a 2014 Toyota 4Runner sitting here with 23K miles.

I have a 2006 Ford Ranger I bought Dec. 27, 2005. 76K miles on it. It’s not going anywhere. Just washed and waxed it yesterday.

Paid for and only costing me tax and insurance.
There’s four less used Tacoma’s in the US since yesterday, I saw two headed for Laredo/Nuevo Laredo on I 35 yesterday, each towing another Tacoma.

As has been noted here, ya don’t see them headed South with any other brand.
Well, I can tell you this, they only seem to be increasing in value.

I have a 2017 4x4 TRDOR I bought almost 4 years ago. Parked the Gen1 2002 Double Cab 4x4 SR5. Knew I was going to sell it, but never got around to it. Was thinking at the time I'd be looking at taking $7k to $8k for it. Pricing seemed to be about in the $10k range then.

I'm now looking at seriously selling, and was SHOCKED to see the price climb in the last 4 years. Trucks in similar condition (or worse) than mine, similar miles, etc., are asking $13k and up. The crappy ones with body damage / completely crapped out interiors, higher miles now seem to be in the $8k to $10k range, with some asking more.

Desirable platform, and now old enough there aren't a lot of them in decent condition to be had. Demand high, supply low. Priced accordingly.
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Those previous gen Tacoma’s are worth an utterly insane amount of money. I looked at a 14 or 15 double cab and if it has under 60k on it. The asking price is 29-30k. I can buy a brand new one for about 32,500. No way am I paying that for a 6 year old truck. People are crazy

this !
My 91 has 250K and I've been thinking about up grading.
Unless your willing to look at trucks with 100K+, you really don't save much under the price of new.
No way I'd give up a Tacoma 4X4 for a Land cruiser.

95 was 1'st year for Tacoma.
Not only no but hell no I wouldn’t sale mine. I have a 2013 double cab model would not trade it for a new any model truck on a lot!
Did your wife talk you into this?
I gotta 2002 Taco w/a quarter million miles on it. Had to replace stuff over the years, including three radiators that cracked in the heat, but still running like a champ.
My wife had a 2002 Lexus LX470 and it was trouble free besides regular maintenance until 2020 (166k miles) when the break actuator (IIRC) started to go out. was going to be $3k to fix so we traded it in on a RX350 and she LOVES it even more. I know a few people with these Lexus/Land Cruisers and they're great vehicles as long as you get out before any big $$ failures......
I’ve had a 97 single cab with the 4cy/5speed.....An 06 extended cab v6/auto.....an 09 4door longbed v6/auto.....and an 11 extended cab with the 4cy/ 5 speed.....wish I kept every one of them. Right now I have a extremely clean, one owner 97 Chevy extended cab z71....only has 86,000 original miles on it.....it’s very comfy to drive but I still am planning on finding another Tacoma for running around in......I’ll give the Chevy to my kid in a few years when they are ready to drive.

Nothing beats a Tacoma for running around town or in the hills hunting. Hell, even popular with the ranchers here vs. a side by side..... quite a few of them running around with little flatbeds on em. We don’t use round bales here so no need for for a hydrabed.....they work great for checking cows and fixing fence,etc.

I’d like to know.

I have a Cherry 14’ crew cab shortbed w/ 79k on it. Maybe I could be persuade myself to sell it smile
2014 TRD 4x4 Double Cab V6 auto owner here -145k absolutely trouble free miles. Been paid off for a long time and my answer would be “hell no”. This ones going to be with me for a long time now that I drive about 5k a year.
I wouldn’t have bought either of them. But you only have to answer to you.
I have a 2012 with 73000 miles on it V6 double cab love it
Got a 2004 xtra cab Tacoma,about everywhere I go someone wants know if I would sell it ,the answer is no
Wouldn’t have bought it to start with.
Toyota will tell you....the Landcruiser is a 25 year vehicle. Watched a show the other night were a guy bought an old 100....and then had it gone over. Pretty much a complete teardown to do the looking. Complete suspension, some engine parts, electrical issues addressed, trans rebuilt, fuel pump and a few other parts that kept arriving in brown boxes... and then he was on his way....
I would keep it the 2nd gen tacomas are bullet proof You can get 250000 miles easy why have a car payment? car payments are insane 600 to 10000 dollars a month
I have a 2015 and there is nothing more dependable. The new Tacomas, gen 3 are having problems........There is a reason the resale value is crazy.
Well last week I drove my 95 tacoma with a 2.7 4cyl and 5 spd down to my neighbors repair shop and had some major work done
After 17 years and a total of 243k the dang thing needed a clutch and a muffler & tailpipe
Had them put on new mirrors and a windshield, o2 sensor and a couple of tires about $1700. When I paid the bill he told me I could leave it on the lot and it would be sold in 3 days for atleast 6k. I laughed and said 17 years a go I paid 7k for it with 77k miles I said guess I waited to long to get all my purchase price out of it
I don't know what else a guy can drive so inexpensively forever. Yeah call me a taco fan they are the best fu*k the rest. Mb
I talked to a guy last night that pulled up in a new TRD Tacoma, and I've watched him drive compact Toyota pickups since I was a little kid. I said "You must buy a new one every 20 years, whether you need it or not." He said, "Yep, but I kept my 2000 model too. They'll bury me with that thing."
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well last week I drove my 95 tacoma with a 2.7 4cyl and 5 spd down to my neighbors repair shop and had some major work done
After 17 years and a total of 243k the dang thing needed a clutch and a muffler & tailpipe
Had them put on new mirrors and a windshield, o2 sensor and a couple of tires about $1700. When I paid the bill he told me I could leave it on the lot and it would be sold in 3 days for atleast 6k. I laughed and said 17 years a go I paid 7k for it with 77k miles I said guess I waited to long to get all my purchase price out of it
I don't know what else a guy can drive so inexpensively forever. Yeah call me a taco fan they are the best fu*k the rest. Mb

I have no doubt. I had a 1996 with the 2.7, 5-speed and a 4x4. It was a great little truck and one of the better vehicles I've had in the snow. But...it was tiny.
Only way I'd sell my 99 is maybe to get a 95-97 Landcruiser FJ80. 2nd gen tacos are nice, but had weak rear diffs and that 4.0 is a gas pig.
I just bought a 1998 100 series land cruiser yesterday. 2 owner Colorado truck, I’ve been looking for almost a year. Good ones are harder to find than a Tacoma and hold value just as well.
Originally Posted by DaveR
Well, I can tell you this, they only seem to be increasing in value.

On leased Tacomas some aggressive dealers are offering people cash over the buyout to get late model low milage Tacomas on their lot. hard to believe the popularity of that truck.
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]
Originally Posted by Brad

I’d like to know.

I have a Cherry 14’ crew cab shortbed w/ 79k on it. Maybe I could be persuade myself to sell it smile

Around $26,500
Originally Posted by wageslave

I’d like to know.

Around $26,500

Thx. Seems about right to me. Visited with the dealership today getting an oil change. A Salesman told me to list it at 28k, and not take less than 26k.
I hope they keep the 3 pedal version as an option if / when they refresh.
Originally Posted by wageslave

I’d like to know.

Around $26,500

>>>>>>>>>>>> grin<<<<<<<<<<<<
Keep the Tacoma and run, I currently own two Toyotas one tundra and one Tacoma the Tacoma is an 2001 with 276,000 miles on it runs and drives like a new truck , Only complaint would be I have to replace the oil pan on it now truck is solid as a rock otherwise but it is like a 10 hour job they have to drop the front end just to get to the pan
Originally Posted by irfubar
Did your wife talk you into this?

No I make my own decisions.....she has her own '11 Lexus GX 460

Done deal.....towed home my new to me '03 Lexus LX 470 yesterday..

Actually the same platform as the Toyota 100 Series LC...same Japan factory

Native AZ truck....no rust.....193K miles.....2 owners......2nd T/belt--W/pump done

Clean.....well maintained......Gray exterior/gray leather interior..did I say clean ?

I looked at some trucks from the rust belt...no thanks

Let the mod's begin.........

still on the trailer........

'Da Boss'

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Someone got a good deal there. I'd have kept the Taco.
© 24hourcampfire