Home
Posted By: wabigoon Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
Anyone hale from Wisconsin? My time spent there was mostly at Camp McCoy.

No shortage of mosquitoes! laugh
Born and raise in WI. Spent my entire life here with the exception of the time I spent in the USAF. And yes, there are mosquito's, but at least we have adopted them as the state bird . . . .
Posted By: tzone Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
I lived there for 11-12 years. It’s a beautiful state except for the packers. Lots of lakes, can’t beat the Friday night fish fry’s, eager women, and fantastic hunting and fishing.
Ya'know, if they built really tall fences around Milwaukee and Madison , it'd be a nice state.

Driving distance to some of the best rifle barrels in the world.
I hear they make a bit of beer in Wisconsin.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
Originally Posted by tzone
I lived there for 11-12 years. It’s a beautiful state except for the packers. Lots of lakes, can’t beat the Friday night fish fry’s, eager women, and fantastic hunting and fishing.

You do remember you were asked to leave...
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too. What's not to like? 16,000 lakes, miles of trout streams, great big deer, all kinds of free to the public recreational land, affordable housing, good schools, no hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes, low crime rate, available jobs, great work ethic, gun friendly, Packers tzone, great medical, friendly people, good infrastructure, smaller rural atmosphere, clean air, Great Lakes, scenic, low cost of living...
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Only because I can drink more beer then most of them.
Originally Posted by Windfall
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too. What's not to like? 16,000 lakes, miles of trout streams, great big deer, all kinds of free to the public recreational land, affordable housing, good schools, no hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes, low crime rate, available jobs, great work ethic, gun friendly, Packers tzone, great medical, friendly people, good infrastructure, smaller rural atmosphere, clean air, Great Lakes, scenic, low cost of living...

The 16,000 lakes is comical. WI counts ponds and wide spots in the rivers as a lake.

But some of them sure are fun.
The Badger State has two more big league teams than Iowa.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
When driving the back roads in Wisconsin, I was taken with the similarity to Missouri.
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too.

?????

????
Originally Posted by slumlord
It looks like our yellow "Don't Tread On Me" state flag has become pretty popular too.

?????

????

There’s a decent amount of Gadsden flags flying in Wisconsin.

And every person flying them wears a mask to the grocery store and takes their pistol off to drink a beer or go to the post office.
Originally Posted by Hypocrite

?????

????

And every person flying them wears a mask to the grocery store and takes their pistol off to drink a beer or go to the post office.

I’m trying to understand how this blue flag looks like Colonel Gadsden’s yellow flag. Thought I’d shoulder the task of asking the hard questions.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I lived in northern Wisconsin several years. I agree with all that. But also there are three seasons--July, August, and Winter.
Posted By: aalf Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21

Stay off the main drags heading north on Fridays, f'ing FIBs will mow you down iffen you get in their way.....
Posted By: Teal Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
Lived here most of my life.

it's okay - it's NOT the UP tho. Mo bettah
Posted By: mikieb Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
I live in the central part.... and have just over 5000 acres of public land within 5 miles of my house.... I have never been with out work.. and the cost of living has always been cheap enough to save money after the bills have been paid... land has been priced within reach of the normal guy... I always have enough money at the end of the day to take at least one trip out west to hunt elk or deer, and some years, two trips, one to Ontario and the other out west.

The only down side ? You can't sell out and move away... houses every where else are 2-3 times the cost of houses here...
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/05/21
Originally Posted by 338Rem

Only because I can drink more beer then most of them.

I don't think that was it...
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Badger State has two more big league teams than Iowa.

Sure about that?

?????

????

I’m trying to understand how this blue flag looks like Colonel Gadsden’s yellow flag. Thought I’d shoulder the task of asking the hard questions.

I speak fluent Wisconsin retard, he meant there’s more Gadsden flags then there used to be.

And he didn’t know the name of the flag.
I've lived here all my life. Born and raised.

Wis. is a horrible place. Move to Tenn., Mo., Co., Mon.,...anywhere. Hell, California is a better place to live.

Stay away. The dairy-air is smelly, winters are brutal. Drunks on the road.

And we are a bunch arrogant, obnoxious a$$holes.

(Good gawd, STFU about us. We're trying to keep Wi. a secret.)

I'm told they used to raise tobacco in Wisconsin, barns, and all.
And you haven't been bit by a mosquito until a Wis. Floodwater Mosquito bites you. [bleep] are mini pterodactyls/vampires.

?????

????

I speak fluent Wisconsin retard, he meant there’s more Gadsden flags then there used to be.

Thanks for the Retardanian translation. 👍

Thought he was color blind, not retarded but OK 👏🏻😎

Still some grown in Wisconsin.

My family on my Grandpa’s side were tobacco farmers.
Posted By: Wrapids Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21
Originally Posted by mikieb
I live in the central part.... and have just over 5000 acres of public land within 5 miles of my house.... I have never been with out work.. and the cost of living has always been cheap enough to save money after the bills have been paid... land has been priced within reach of the normal guy... I always have enough money at the end of the day to take at least one trip out west to hunt elk or deer, and some years, two trips, one to Ontario and the other out west.

The only down side ? You can't sell out and move away... houses every where else are 2-3 times the cost of houses here...

I can see no reason to move where the houses are that much more. Jobs may pay more, but costs eat up the difference. And you're still stuck in a mess. Just more driving and bullshit to deal with.
Posted By: goalie Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21

Kayaking out to the outer Apostle Islands is cool.

I need to go again as soon as my sons ok with big water crossings.

Still some grown in Wisconsin.

My family on my Grandpa’s side were tobacco farmers.

We still have our Burley barn. The Dark-fired barn got dismantled 2 years ago. It was over 110 yrs old.

The wife raised it with family till she was 11,12.
Richard, are you looking to stir up trouble? We tend to mind our own business here.
Posted By: aalf Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21

Someone say fresh curds?

[Linked Image from photos1.blogger.com]
Someone say Smelt feeds?

It is Friday night.....

[Linked Image from cdn.irish-american.org]
Is it still Lint? Or something?
Is it still Lint? Or something?

For some I suppose. Friday night fish fry is a Wi. staple regardless of the month.

I had a big ass burger for supper......
Posted By: Redneck Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21
Anyone hale from Wisconsin? My time spent there was mostly at Camp McCoy.

No shortage of mosquitoes! laugh
Been here all my life.. Love the state - hate this power-mad, dictatorial Governor... Only bad thing about where I live is that it's too damned close to MN... laugh

?????

????

Thanks for the Retardanian translation. 👍

Thought he was color blind, not retarded but OK 👏🏻😎

You guys are correct about my not knowing what that flag was actually called, but I sure thought that it was our state motto because it is everywhere outside the big cities. I've seen it from little on and it is way more around than even our official state flag. It has it's roots in the Revolutionary War back in the 1700's from the original 13 colonies. It is actually Vermont's State Motto.

Wisconsin is also the ginseng capital of the world.
Originally Posted by Redneck
hate this power-mad, dictatorial Governor... Only bad thing about where I live is that it's too damned close to MN... laugh

Your governor has easy access to supplemental stupidity training from those to your east, west and south.

Some parts of East Dakota still endeavour to persevere though.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21
Wisconsin is ok. However, the western states are better. I would rather live in Colorado, western S. Dakota , eastern Nebraska or Idaho . There are people that say Colorado went to hell. Kind of , but the land is better. The N.E. part of Wyoming is good too, but most of these places have gotten very expensive to buy a home and will leave me with no choice but to stay here , go to Upper Michigan or down south like Arkansas. The housing here is somewhat affordable.
Wisconsin is nice except for the bitter cold. If you can handle the cold why the he'll would you live in Wisconsin instead of Alaska?
Shipping costs on guns is cheaper.

Saturday night Prime Rib....MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Posted By: tzone Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/06/21
Originally Posted by aalf

It is Friday night.....

[Linked Image from cdn.irish-american.org]

That’s what I’m talking about!!
No tornadoes in Wisconsin? Tore through Juda a number of years ago.

Living in what I would like to call Baja Wisconsin: the northernmost counties of Illinois as far east as McHenry county.

Barneveld tornado in 1984 was a doozy:

https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...faf934c-0268-5830-9e05-b5293a5b7445.html
Oh ya you betcha. Born in Eau Claire where my Mom was born and grew up. Dad grew up near the shores of Winnebago in N. Fond du lac.

I remember my Mom and my Grandparents talking about the Colfax tornado. It was a gut busting mother loving monster.
Love them WI SupperClubs. Some great ones in the Northwoods. The Al-Gen, Red Man, Blink Bonnies, Marty’s Place North, Fireplace Inn,White Stag, Pied Piper, Pine Tree, Woodpecker Inn, Little Bohemia, Coon’s, Chippewa Inn, Club 77, Jakes at Tainter Lake. Some of these Northwoods Supper Clubs are long gone. Fond du lac down South has and had some great ones too: The Left Guard, Blancks, Sunset Club, etc.

Stay off the main drags heading north on Fridays, f'ing FIBs will mow you down iffen you get in their way.....

FIBGO
Posted By: ENorton Re: Wisconsin. motto, Forward. - 03/07/21
I am a FIB by birth and have owned some land in Wisconsin, good hunting and fishing, fun bars and lots of public land up north. Lots of libs, high taxes and average at best food in most restaurants.
Fish fry and prime rib are good. They do shoot a ton of deer each year, been thinking about going back for deer camp this year, have not been in several years. Wife is from central Wisconsin.
Been going up North now for decades to visit the old homestead and relatives and for summer and fall fishing. WI has some of the worst libs in the USA. Additionally, WI is a Tax Hell. It is almost as bad and regulated as the People’s Republic of IL. It is though a beautiful state and s great place for vacations, summer lake visits and hunting and fishing. Also Supper Clubs are great.
© 24hourcampfire