Home
A female state rep in OR has introduced a bill to outlaw sales of petroleum diesel by 2024. She wants it all to be biodiesel. It could get entertaining if it passes. BIODIESEL
Dumb asses.
How about in counties that Identify as Idaho?
Portland, Salem, and Eugene could get damned hungry when semi trucks and locomotives stop at Ontario for fear of running out of fuel in Oregon.

I might be amused at the prospect.
They should ask the Super Woke EU and Europe how a bio diesel mandate and the subsequent Palm Oil environmental disaster are working out for them.

Palm oil is far worse for the environment than petroleum extraction and refinement.
Maybe they'll bring back steam locomotives (they're too stupid to realize how steam is generated).
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Maybe they'll bring back steam locomotives (they're too stupid to realize how steam is generated).

Or go back to a mule train.
Originally Posted by tpcollins

PETA won't allow that.
Not wishing hard times on anyone, but then, the voters always get exactly what they voted for. I hope it passes, wont take long for the Oregon voters to see the folly of their ways.
I just feel sorry for all the real people outside of Portlandia.
I think the trucking companies should show them how much they approve by not bringing them any food or supplies.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
They should ask the Super Woke EU and Europe how a bio diesel mandate and the subsequent Palm Oil environmental disaster are working out for them.

Palm oil is far worse for the environment than petroleum extraction and refinement.

Hey, we is helpin' them poor Indonesians and folks to raise their standard of living while screwing big oil?

An' them palm trees is soaking up alla that greenhouse gas stuff ya know.
On a related note, an ethanol plant here in Nebraska evidently couldn't figure out what to do with over 100 tons of toxic waste and just ended up letting it rot. They had leaking waste water liners and had been discharging waste water illegally. Forced to shut down for now at least. Mead Nebraska
Another example of the left believing they can legislate a "perfect" world. I've gelled up at 36° with the garbage fuel we have now.
Good thing Ballz has a gasser dually and can pump his own gas at the T111 shack
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just feel sorry for all the real people outside of Portlandia.

Isn't that the truth.
We are at the mercy of retards
Morons.
That bill should be amended so that no vehicle can be driven in Oregon that uses diesel. Why not any petroleum product?

Let Oregon put themselves out of business

Suppose even that would wake voters up?

Doubtful.
Unfortunately the Oregon lawmakers appear to use too many/much of the drugs they made legal. Portland, Salem, Eugene.......Mostly California folks mentally. I’m thinking Idaho or Texas hmm...
Originally Posted by ST50
On a related note, an ethanol plant here in Nebraska evidently couldn't figure out what to do with over 100 tons of toxic waste and just ended up letting it rot. They had leaking waste water liners and had been discharging waste water illegally. Forced to shut down for now at least. Mead Nebraska

What waste?

The one nearest here sells the grain for feed.
They catch the carbon dioxide and turn it into dry ice.
Only waste from that place is sewer water.
No shortage of idiots!
Originally Posted by Sako76
No shortage of idiots!

Darwin is challenged, mightily way out west............... they make 'em faster than he can 'award' them...................
Hell yeah! 👍👍🏻
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

What waste?

Curious, what EXACTLY, powers the ethanol plants????
Originally Posted by hanco

Truth.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Truth.

Now it's nationwide,
Karin Power is the 'lawmaker' responsible. She's from Boston, moved to Portland and graduated Lewis and Clark.
From Wiki:
"Power and her wife, Megan Elston, live in Milwaukie with their son, Grady."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by longarm
Karin Power is the 'lawmaker' responsible. She's from Boston, moved to Portland and graduated Lewis and Clark.
From Wiki:

This country is going to h e l l with all these gays
From Wiki:

all that explains a lot .carpet muncher ,from boston ,cant get no more liberal with dumb ideas than that ,.of course they always want to spread their unicorn dust on everyone else ,in other states.But hey ,Bostonians will tell you real fast they smahhter than everyone else ,.had one actually tell me that once .
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I think the trucking companies should show them how much they approve by not bringing them any food or supplies.

That's it right there just tell them to stick their food needs and anything else that goes by 18 wheeler freight to them up their ass tough titty.
I hope it passes, but why wait until 2024?

This is what the people of Oregon Portlandia want, let it start immediately.

Nope, mules fart so that's out of the GREEN's preview!

Do mules fart?
Good, elections have consequences.
Introduced means nothing! Each time they try their stupid crap, the republicans walk out, and they can't do anything! A quorum is needed to pass anything! Cuu nt bumping piece of schitt governor has even tried to get the state police to bring them back, to no avail!
By and large, women in Portland are bi and large...
From Wiki:

And to think, the good Republican Senator from Idaho resigned over a simple allegation by Democrats that he might be bisexual.

Senator Craig should have embraced it and declared "I thought that's what you Democrats wanted us all to be."
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I hope it passes, but why wait until 2024?

This is what the people of Oregon Portlandia want, let it start immediately.

I agree...

The sooner and harder we implode... the more strength we will have to rebuild.

If this becomes a 10 year slow death of the Republic... many will be played out and unable to muster.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
From Wiki:

And to think, the good Republican Senator from Idaho resigned over a simple allegation by Democrats that he might be bisexual.

Senator Craig should have embraced it and declared "I thought that's what you Democrats wanted us all to be."

It went deeper than the 1980s allegations

https://toilet-guru.com/larry-craig.php

What waste?

And what kind of energy does it take to condense CO2 to freezing? What kind of energy does it take to keep it there? Probably burning coal. And what do you do with the4 dry ice? Their ain't much of a market for it.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Truth.

Now it's nationwide,

And this is just the beginning.................wait'll they really get warmed up.

MM

What waste?

It said that their waste water liners were leaking. It doesn't matter what they leak. To the libs, if they discharge anything but pure sterile, distilled water, it's a hazardous waste spill.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

What waste?

And what kind of energy does it take to condense CO2 to freezing? What kind of energy does it take to keep it there? Probably burning coal. And what do you do with the4 dry ice? Their ain't much of a market for it.

I think the co2, freezes itself?
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

What waste?

Electricity obviously. Here, you can be pretty certain it's coal,
with some nuclear and maybe a few hydro pixies in there too.

Not sure what the dry ice is used for, but there is a big demand.
It's shipped out by the railcar, which is what brings in a lot of the grain.

My only tie to the place is the guy who comes into my work
And does the work on our motor drive systems. He maintains
similar type systems for the plant.

And while I oppose their business.
I admire their efficiency.
Pretty cool to turn grain into alcohlol. (The product)
Sell the used grain. (Turning solid waste into a cash stream)
Sell the Co2. (Turning emissions into a cash stream)

Now if you want to throw a zealot tantrum, their electric needs
generated. They drive cars to work, eat food produced and cooked
by fossil fuels...Hell, it's in coal country. I think the site was a tannery
in the past...
Dont change a thing about an efficient operation.
(Subsidized by government mandate😉.)
You can easily make dry ice yourself. I haven't tried it myself but here are the directions.
All you need, besides heavy gloves, is a cloth bag and a CO2 fire extinguisher. Aim the nozzle into the bag and tie it shut. Turn it loose and it'll freeze itself in the bag as it evaporates.
I don't know if makes a solid block like you buy in a store. Maybe someone will try it and let us know.

Here you can buy dry ice at a local grocery store for a bit over $5/lb. I don't know how much you can get from a fire extinguisher. Just buying the ice might be cheaper than making it.
About making dry ice...I just priced CO2 fire extinguishers. You won't be doing that except as a novelty. They're dang expensive. A 5lb one, that I presume will make a max of 5lb of ice, will cost you WAY over $100. If you need it that bad, go to a welding shop and see if you can get a short term rental on a bottle of CO2.
Originally Posted by jnyork
.............. wont take long for the Oregon voters to see the folly of their ways.

You sure about that? smile
Biodiesel is wonderful stuff, GREAT lubricity compared to USLD.

In the summer....... gimme the squeezed dinosaur juice in the winter, because it’s almost impossible to keep the bio stuff from gelling when it starts to be sweater weather.

Don’t matter much, because with Oregon’s stupid PUC diesel rules, we virtually never fuel there, anyway.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Dumb asses.

pretty much all of our politicians are looney toons, thinking nothing bad will ever happen...

some day people are going to have had enough of this schitt and are going to rise up, and start taking these leftist morons out...

you can only piss on the public for so long...

finally we will have an opportunity to take out these antifa and nlm idiots also...

I'm not the only person who is getting tired of constantly getting pissed all over by these people....
You can easily make dry ice yourself. I haven't tried it myself but here are the directions.
All you need, besides heavy gloves, is a cloth bag and a CO2 fire extinguisher. Aim the nozzle into the bag and tie it shut. Turn it loose and it'll freeze itself in the bag as it evaporates.
I don't know if makes a solid block like you buy in a store. Maybe someone will try it and let us know.

Here you can buy dry ice at a local grocery store for a bit over $5/lb. I don't know how much you can get from a fire extinguisher. Just buying the ice might be cheaper than making it.

Gets beer cold quick, but you won't get 5 pounds. Also freezes shafts for shrink fitting parts!
If you outlaw diesel...

Only outlaws will have diesel.

#word
A female state rep in OR has introduced a bill to outlaw sales of petroleum diesel by 2024. She wants it all to be biodiesel. It could get entertaining if it passes. BIODIESEL

Hope they’re not accustomed to eating and wiping their asses...shipping tough...expensive at the least...to Oregon.
Originally Posted by jnyork
Not wishing hard times on anyone, but then, the voters always get exactly what they voted for. I hope it passes, wont take long for the Oregon voters to see the folly of their ways.

I dont. All we need is more libtards fleeing the states they help create. And then destroying the states they move to.
Is there a State that doesn't have too much government, that's always in your face...

Why do politicians think they have to keep passing new laws, just to act like they are accomplishing something? that is the real motivation as to why we have too much government, with too much overhead ( taxes), to make a name for themselves...

they are always coming up with solutions to problems that don't real exist...

the big problem with the entire United States, is that the pubic lets this stuff keep happening over and over and never does a thing about it...

and these states who think they are being cutting edge, by eliminating fossil fuels and their uses, are the ones that do so when no solution exists...

they act like electrical is a turn key solution.. the same thing with natural gas... it was the fuel of the future, now they are throwing that out and are acting like wind and solar are the ecological solution....

a good government maintains what they have, doesn't need a lot of overhead... doesn't spend time trying out solutions to problems that don't exist,
let people learn to take care of themselves, instead of expecting every one else to pay for the irresponsible ones who are nothing but a drain on society...

and keeps their borders closed, taking care of their own problems, instead of importing 3 rd world countries problems by letting all their rejects in to our nation..
and all of that burden is strictly done by liberals to attempt to get more votes than the conservatives have...

its all about the political elitist staying in power, instead of being concerned about their constituents...

What we need is a conservative ANTIFA, out tearing down liberals world, and burning it down.. threaten them like the left threatens conservatives..

you play by your opponents rule book.. and in politics, nice guys finish last...
Originally Posted by ledvm

Hope they’re not accustomed to eating and wiping their asses...shipping tough...expensive at the least...to Oregon.

Dude, with Oregon’s weight/mile tax, it’s already more than twice as expensive to drive a truck there, road / fuel tax wise, than any other state, including Cali, and the king of diesel taxes, PA.

Nobody gives a rip. The little people will pay to get their milk delivered, or else they’ll drink water.....
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
If you outlaw diesel...

Only outlaws will have diesel.

#word

You magnificent bastard!
This Oregon woman? must have drunk the same Kool-Aid as the New York barmaid who believes that if you just pass a law, the USA can magically produce 4 or 5 times more electricity than ever has, when she forces everyone to use electric cars, trucks, trains and airplanes and electric heat.

There isn't that much biodiesel capacity available, and 100% biodiesel doesn't play well with the EPA mandated highly complex and expensive diesel injection systems on current diesel engines. Add to that biodiesel is prone to jelling up at much warmer temperatures than regular diesel.

The chemical process to make biodiesel, uses a combination of methonal and sodium hydroxide to break down the plant oil molecules and generates some unpleasant byproducts.
Remove all pay and benefits from all legislative jobs. Representatives, Senators and all. State and national. Pay social security tax, income tax, give them the minimum wage and only the health care we as peons get. Then they don't get any retirement pay except social security based on lifetime taxes paid in. Same as we all get. And NO housing allowance for expensive extravagant homes. They get only the same police protection we get. See if things don't improve suddenly. And AOC, sell her to the boys in Tijuana. They'll know what to do with a person of her intellect. But Be Well, RZ.
Serious question, if you own an electric vehicle in Oregon are you allowed to plug it in yourself?

Or do you need a full service electric plug-in attendant?
Who hauls in the food?
Smart money would build a 200 acre fuel island off the interstate right before Ontario.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Who hauls in the food?

Set up a distribution center at every port of entry. Huge parking lot where they can charge their electric vehicles while waiting in line for food.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Who hauls in the food?

3D printed onsite
Good luck with that.
Relax, gents. This bill would not prohibit all sales of diesel fuel in Oregon, based upon the very sketchy details in the OP's link. Rather, it seems this bill is intended to encourage sale of renewable diesel and biodiesel instead of petroleum-derived diesel.

The technology to produce renewable diesel from renewable feedstocks is very, very well developed. Renewable diesel (which is not the same thing as biodiesel) is a 100% drop-in replacement of petroleum diesel and it burns cleaner with lower NOX and particulate emissions.

Originally Posted by achadwick
Relax, gents. This bill would not prohibit all sales of diesel fuel in Oregon, based upon the very sketchy details in the OP's link. Rather, it seems this bill is intended to encourage sale of renewable diesel and biodiesel instead of petroleum-derived diesel.

The technology to produce renewable diesel from renewable feedstocks is very, very well developed. Renewable diesel (which is not the same thing as biodiesel) is a 100% drop-in replacement of petroleum diesel and it burns cleaner with lower NOX and particulate emissions.

This bill doesn't 'encourage' the sale of them, it forces it by outlawing the sale of petro-diesel. Encouraging and forcing aren't exactly synonymous.
You are right. Mandate would have been a better word in my post. But there is nothing that prohibits sale of diesel fuel, only that derived from petroleum.
FORD 2021 SUPERDUTY TRUCKS

Biodiesel fuel

Biodiesel

Biodiesel refers to a vegetable oil-based or animal fat-based diesel fuel. Blends of biodiesel and conventional petrodiesel fuels are products most commonly distributed for use in the retail diesel fuel marketplace. A system known as the “B” factor is used to state the amount of biodiesel in any fuel mix:

· 100% biodiesel is referred to as B100

· 20% biodiesel is labeled B20

· 5% biodiesel is labeled B5

· 2% biodiesel is labeled B2

All Ford diesels are capable of running on any blend of biodiesel up to and including B20.

Advantage

Biodiesel (B20) burns cleaner than petrodiesel, with reduced emissions

Consideration

Biodiesel (B20) may be more expensive than petrodiesel and in low temperatures may require a special addit ive or fuel tank heater to flow properly.

Use of Biodiesel blends in excess of 20% (B20) will void the manufacturer' warranty.
from the OP article:

This policy replaces one type of diesel fuel with other fuel types. It’s spearheaded by a major trucking company that has found significant cost savings.”
What will you bet that this 1 major trucking co. has a very large contract to haul biodiesel?
from the OP article:

This policy replaces one type of diesel fuel with other fuel types. It’s spearheaded by a major trucking company that has found significant cost savings.”
What will you bet that this 1 major trucking co. has a very large contract to haul biodiesel?

Nearly all "environmental" legislation is about killing competition for big business.
from the OP article:

Nearly all "environmental" legislation is about killing competition for big business.

Capitalism dude,

Of the lobbyist type.

It's the American way.
The bitch who introduced this bill is a total [bleep] moron. Can’t wait to leave this once great state when I retire.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
from the OP article:

Capitalism dude,

Of the lobbyist type.

It's the American way.

Maybe sorta like Uncle Warren paying the DNC and Biden millions to kill Keystone?
Are there 100 car trains of oil heading west through your part of the land on someone's RR?

The old saw usually holds true.

Follow the money.,
Neighbor's son is in the energy business (dam operations) His assessment is if the US went totally electric for transportation tomorrow, our grid could not support it.
Originally Posted by Seafire

What we need is a conservative ANTIFA, out tearing down liberals world, and burning it down.. threaten them like the left threatens conservatives..

you play by your opponents rule book.. and in politics, nice guys finish last...

There was such a period in history that had such forces openingly fighting in the streets. You had the anarchists/communist inspired and bankrolled forces doing their best to make the cities ungovernable in attempt to incite a revolution peaceful or otherwise. A counter communist group formed there own mob/militia and went to the streets pusing back and cracking heads. It was quite a violent period.

Who can guess which period in which country I refer to?
On another note, the Teamsters should be able to kill this off.

That is, unless someone proposes that all non biodiesel trucks must drop their trailers at a depot upon entering the state for a biodiesel cab to pick up and deliver within the state. That would, of course, add 20% to the cost of every shipment that consumers will gladly pay to "save" the environment. then another 10% added to pay off the Teamsters so they won't strike and shut it down.

Mafia couldn't come up with a better scheme.
Originally Posted by hatari

That is, unless someone proposes that all non biodiesel trucks must drop their trailers at a depot upon entering the state for a biodiesel cab to pick up and deliver within the state. That would, of course, add 20% to the cost of every shipment that consumers will gladly pay to "save" the environment. then another 10% added to pay off the Teamsters so they won't strike and shut it down.

Ha ha

Did you see how much the unions were given in the recent COVID bill? ?

The unions hate businesses and business owners and will do what the Dems order them to do.
Originally Posted by ribka

Ha ha

Did you see how much the unions were given in the recent COVID bill? ?

The unions hate businesses and business owners and will do what the Dems order them to do.

How much were they given?
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
FORD 2021 SUPERDUTY TRUCKS

Biodiesel fuel

Biodiesel

Biodiesel refers to a vegetable oil-based or animal fat-based diesel fuel. Blends of biodiesel and conventional petrodiesel fuels are products most commonly distributed for use in the retail diesel fuel marketplace. A system known as the “B” factor is used to state the amount of biodiesel in any fuel mix:

· 100% biodiesel is referred to as B100

· 20% biodiesel is labeled B20

· 5% biodiesel is labeled B5

· 2% biodiesel is labeled B2

All Ford diesels are capable of running on any blend of biodiesel up to and including B20.

Advantage

Biodiesel (B20) burns cleaner than petrodiesel, with reduced emissions

Consideration

Biodiesel (B20) may be more expensive than petrodiesel and in low temperatures may require a special addit ive or fuel tank heater to flow properly.

Use of Biodiesel blends in excess of 20% (B20) will void the manufacturer' warranty.

I believe what Ford might be referring to is FAME biodiesel, or fatty acid methyl ester. It is typically made by the transesterification of vegetable oils with methanol. Most existing diesel engines cannot run on 100% FAME diesel.

The renewable diesel to which I referred in my post is a product very different from FAME diesel. Renewable diesel is made by hydrogenation of vegetable oils and/or animal fats, and it is compliant with ASTM D975. It is a 100% drop-in replacement of petroleum diesel, and will run in any diesel engine that will run on petroleum diesel. Renewable diesel burns cleaner and has a much higher cetane number than petroleum diesel.

I do have some practical knowledge about renewable diesel, since one of the ways I make my living right now is by selling technology to manufacture it. That same technology can also be used to manufacture renewable jet fuel. Business is currently brisk. smile

I don't know. Took huge protests and the Republicans walking out last session for them to abandon their cap-n-tax scheme last year. Loggers and farmers mostly.

Seems I recall a regulation years ago in which a similar scheme worked for "Mexican" trucks. (Perhaps Canadian too?) in which the trailer was dropped off for an American rig to take it to it's final destination.

I don't think the Teamsters were able to kill the opening up of American roads to Mexican traffic, at least not in Border States, even when they pulled the "safety card".

Big business, NAFTA, etc was a steamroller that couldn't be stopped. Just like for more than my lifetime "we" haven't been able to come up with a workable solution to the need for cheap foreign labor. A whole lot of businesses depend on it.
Warren's trains exempted of course....
Originally Posted by HawkI

Bringing oil and LNG to ship to..............................................

China

China

He is a capitalist hero.

Seems funny that the left now idolize him.

Ole Warren ain't getting a Hero Of Labor medal any time soon.
Renewable diesel? I could go along with something that would let me run a hose from the exhaust pipe back through the engine to burn repeatedly. grin
Ballz licks everybody’s balls. I mean duh.

China

He is a capitalist hero.

Wish I knew how to invest like he did??????
They have electric tractors for the farmers in the eastern side of the state?

China

He is a capitalist hero.

Wish I knew how to invest like he did??????

Yeah....something like buying the insurance company that you force your employees to use.

Then......jacking the employee contribution up by like 800 percent.

Savvy!

If that ain't free market....it'll hairlip the Pope.
bidness man, we jus doin' bidness here.
Originally Posted by Muffin

What waste?

Whatever it is, it's paid for by tax payers
The left hates anyone who has a lot of money until they give lots of money to the left.

It inoculates people Like Gates, Buffet, Bezos from criticism

China

He is a capitalist hero.

Suppose she ever considered the business she will ruin or the people that will lose jobs?

Probably just like governors did with mask and other social distance mandates..

So much "for by the people for the people" the royalty sees it differently now and it's "do as we command."
Pandering.

I am sure there is a sunset clause....or it will quietly be allowed to die.

Its good for some votes however.

France did something similar a few years ago.

Everyone knows its bullshit.
Originally Posted by Muffin

What waste?

Someone should have told them what to do with the waste, they just let it rot on the ground

Whatever it is, it's paid for by tax payers
© 24hourcampfire