Home
Posted By: Fotis Done with Midway USA!!!!!!!!!. - 03/08/21
Done business on a regular basis since 1995.
Finished with them!
Larry Potterfield wants to become a billionaire over night!

Midway USA has increased their prices like crazy.

$60.00 for a box of 6.5 PRC.

Graf and sons still lists them for 38.00. Midsouth Shooter supply 40.00 None in stock BTW.

I do not care because other that 22 LR and 17 HMR I do not do factory.

I am done with midway USA.
Ok
Good, more for the rest of us!
I have never heard of supply and demand before. What is it?

At least you didn't have to deal with their Customer Support Department (?) recruited at the local high school.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

Evidently something that the other sellers have not heard either?????

I guess Larry was the only one who got that memo! LOL
What makes you think those other places will have those same prices when they do get some ammo in?
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

At least you didn't have to deal with their Customer Support Department (?) recruited at the local high school.

That's a fact.

Lotsa Karens in Midway's "Customer Support".

Lol.
I agree midwayusa is jumping up prices more than other places I've seen. I simply don't buy if it's more than I want to spend. I'm not sure I would totally write them off? There is supply and demand but I am also seeing Greed take hold of some.

He’s an idiot.

Blaming the retailer first is typical of those that have no clue.
Originally Posted by MarkWV
What makes you think those other places will have those same prices when they do get some ammo in?

We will see but no one has any ammo in and Midway added 20 bux a box. We will see.
I’m paying more for some dies I want than what they were originally priced at. Midway was out but I used the notify me option. I don’t expect the price to be that cheap again for a while so if I want the dies I get them.
Posted By: efw Re: Done with Midway USA!!!!!!!!!. - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by Fotis

Evidently something that the other sellers have not heard either?????

I guess Larry was the only one who got that memo! LOL

Sometimes when items are out of stock with no back order price increases aren’t updated.

Could be that when those other sellers do have particular items in inventory they’ll also increase prices.

Even if that isn’t the case, I shop all over the web and will always check MWUSA as one possible place from whom to buy. If they’re competitive they’ll get my business and if not they won’t no matter whether they’re gouging on other products or not.

Just my $.02 for a good guy wink
Palmetto State Armory has ammo in stock right now, FYI
Doubt they'll notice
Wait until gas is $4.00 a gallon.
Originally Posted by Esox357
I agree midwayusa is jumping up prices more than other places I've seen. I simply don't buy if it's more than I want to spend. I'm not sure I would totally write them off? There is supply and demand but I am also seeing Greed take hold of some.

Midway typically has more ammo in stock than other retailers based on what Ive seen. And the CS and shipping is pretty good based on my experiences. I just ordered a bunch of 223, 6.5 and 300 win mag bullets and the box arrived broken with 3 boxes missing. I called and they shipped 3 replacement boxes right away.
and they are doing free shipping on orders $49 or more, including sale items right now. Just placed an order.
Originally Posted by killerv
and they are doing free shipping on orders $49 or more, including sale items right now. Just placed an order.

How's Larry gonna become a billionaire giving away free shipping? Must not be too bright, eh?
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Like I said I never do factory. Only 22 LR and 17 HMR
When I'm shopping for something, I check a number of places. And shipping can make or break where I buy. Midway gets the order sometimes, sometimes not. But when I buy there, I've never had a problem.
Rough day when you’re pissed off about the price of something you weren’t going to buy anyway.
Come on , Larry wants to go on a safari , he needs the money laugh laugh
Originally Posted by 16bore

Won't be long.
I've noticed some occasional ridiculous prices on a few isolated items at MidwayUSA that seem wholly out of synch with most of their pricing. I tend to write those off as errors or some kind of glitch. I like their website much less than I used to. The organization and interface used to be better IMO. Haven't written them off, just not as pleased with them as I used to be.
Midway's out of 6.5 PRC.

There is a ton of it on GB, mostly $85-$200 per box.
Prices are set based upon two factors:

- What will people pay for this item?

-What is my competition selling this item for?

A retailer looks at these two factors when determining not only his sell price, but if he will offer the item for sale at all. if he can't make a profit based upon these two factors, he probably won't offer the item for sale.

Inflation is starting to get out of control, and will be running wild before years' end. Commodity prices are rising quickly right now, and consumer goods are following suit, a few months' behind commodities.

Don't look at pricing on an out of stock item when comparison shopping, look at in stock items. A retailer can't determine his sell price until he knows how much an item will cost him to get. If he hasn't bought any items lately, he can't set the price he sells them at.
Larry hasn’t ever done me wrong. If I don’t like the price I don’t buy.
Finished with them!

Graf and sons still lists them for 38.00. Midsouth Shooter supply 40.00 None in stock BTW.

Easy for the other guys to price their ammo cheaper when it’s NOT IN STOCK.

Larry Potter and Midway USA will continue to get my business. Always have had good products at good prices and good service in my experience.
6.5prc ammo is like hens teeth right now.

$60 a box. Guessing Precision Hunter? Isn’t bad compared to other places.

Take a gander at what they are selling for on GB.

Out of stock for $40 isn’t exactly a deal??
FYI,
There's this Willicd dude here that may cut you a deal.

Bet it goes to $5 or $6 per gallon after Biden and the Ho destroy the American Oil and Gas Industry.
Originally Posted by Raeford
FYI,

laugh laugh laugh
Finished with them!

Do you complain when there is a surplus, and prices sink?

I didn't think so.
Midway has always been good. As others note if something is more than I want to spend I don't. Yep I've been caught flatfooted now and then on new stuff I didn't expect to build or own. But you gotta do whatever you feel is right.

Me, while I don't often buy stuff, midway is on the list and regardless the price sometimes I just need something I didn't realize I was low on or to stupid to stock up on. YMMV

I like those guys.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
6.5prc ammo is like hens teeth right now.

$60 a box. Guessing Precision Hunter? Isn’t bad compared to other places.

Take a gander at what they are selling for on GB.

Out of stock for $40 isn’t exactly a deal??

It doesn't seem THAT high.
Rough day when you’re pissed off about the price of something you weren’t going to buy anyway.

Yup Liberals pissing me off so Larry is paying for it!
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Finished with them!

Do you complain when there is a surplus, and prices sink?

I didn't think so.

WTH does?
Originally Posted by Raeford
FYI,

LMAO no thanks. That is funny man!

Idiot
I don't know what brand you were looking at, but here's what Nosler currently shows for prices.

https://shop.nosler.com/nosler-ammunition-ammo/shopby/f/cartridge/6.5%20PRC/isAjax/1.html

It may also be that the vendors who are showing out of stock are also showing the last price it sold for. Just something to think about.
I have traded with Midway for many many years and intend to continue doing so, great company.
Larry needs bucks, cshit is high now no matter where you look.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Idiot

Don't be so hard on yourself Come on!
If they don't have any in stock, they can list them as cheap as they want if they don't take Back Orders .I doubt any to be bought for $38 now anywhere.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't know what brand you were looking at, but here's what Nosler currently shows for prices.

https://shop.nosler.com/nosler-ammunition-ammo/shopby/f/cartridge/6.5%20PRC/isAjax/1.html

It may also be that the vendors who are showing out of stock are also showing the last price it sold for. Just something to think about.

True Paul but...
Just the Nosler brass alone is above and beyond in quality.

Nosler is more like proprietary stuff like WBY.

True Paul but...
Just the Nosler brass alone is above and beyond in quality.

Nosler is more like proprietary stuff like WBY.

I knew Nosler ammo was higher than normal, but even that price seems high. I never priced their 6.5 PRC pre-Covid. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that it went up 15-20 bucks a box.
Like I said I have used them for over 25 years. They are a great company and I never had an issue.

I will re evaluate again after/if stuff gets back to normal.

BTW their bullets are listed at way higher prices than other places as other stuff. I just checked.
Like I said I have used them for over 25 years. They are a great company and I never had an issue.

BTW their bullets are listed at way higher prices than other places as other stuff. I just checked.

They are higher than normal no doubt. I have $250 worth of stuff sitting in my cart. It's been there for several days. I am not critically low on any of it, so I'll probably wait it out.
Gawd....dont do that.

Prices go up in the cart.

Like I said I never do factory. Only 22 LR and 17 HMR

So you didn't need the ammo at Midway, didn't want the ammo either, but you are "done with them" because they have ammo in stock at a price you don't approve of huh?
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by killerv

How's Larry gonna become a billionaire giving away free shipping? Must not be too bright, eh?

Because he limits the free shipping only to products that don’t have a limit (aka oddball stuff nobody wants).
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Shuttup Boomer
Originally Posted by Esox357
I agree midwayusa is jumping up prices more than other places I've seen.

I guess you never visited “Cheaper Than Dirt”.

They are higher than normal no doubt. I have $250 worth of stuff sitting in my cart. It's been there for several days. I am not critically low on any of it, so I'll probably wait it out.

#woman

Still going to purchase only 22 LR and 17 HMR ?
Posted By: sse Re: Done with Midway USA!!!!!!!!!. - 03/08/21

won't have to wait long...3, 2, 1.

You can find more LIVE ammo along the Border Wall than you can find in-stock at Palmetto.
Got lucky today at Academy. Bought two boxes Hornady Hunter 6.5 PRC. 143 ELDX 44.99/ea for a former coworker.
What sense dose it make to sell at a normal retail price when the going market price on gun broker or gun shows or other retail places are selling for more just because they can... Larry is a business man... Let Larry make a buck when the sun is shining...
Finished with them!

So, he believes in the free market and you're pissed? Then move to China.
boob brown: I see you are making a fool of yourself publicly - AGAIN!
NO ONE is impressed by your immaturity and idiocy - I suspect not even you?
Grow up little dude and try to add something worthwhile, informative or mature here - PLEASE.
Sad pathetic littlefuck you have turned into.
I shake my head.
It goes without saying the CampFire would/will be a better place without you.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Finished with them!

So, he believes in the free market and you're pissed? Then move to China.

Nope none al all. I do not need the ammo. The bullets and other stuff I do. I just remember things like this and act accordingly.
My choice. Like anyone's choice not to mind when they are being screwed (with bacon bits applied) on the price.

I am not asking anyone to follow my lead. Just venting.
My give a [bleep] meter must be sticking again!
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Shuttup Boomer

Do anything yet kghunt?

Shuttup Boomer

Do anything yet kghunt?

Of course I have ya old Boomer
i think every retailer should jack the prices through the roof. thats the only way this schit is going to end.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Grow up little dude and try to add something worthwhile, informative or mature here - PLEASE.
I shake my head.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Haha GFY Varmint [bleep]
Something that is $60 a box and available seems more valuable to me than the same thing priced at 99 cents a pallet and out of stock. Larry may be smart enough to know what it’ll cost him to replace what he sells.
They have to charge that much to pay for their crap packaging abilities and the refunds associated with it. Two little green air bubbles to keep a 1000 piece .224 bullet box in place was my latest experience. They obviously take packaging advice from Willicd76. Several of my orders from them have had to be refunded due to poor packaging. To the point I hate calling because they probably think I’m a scammer. I see it’s probably a majority of their customer support calls though so just business as usual for them.
I shake my head.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Haha GFY Varmint [bleep]

Hold into the salad.....
Stopped by a local store on my way out of town today and low and behold they had 6.5 PRC Precision Hunter and a LOT of it. $48 a box but with a 1 box limit. I told them that I'd be by every day for the rest of the week and maybe next, lol. The only reason that I haven't bought the 6.5 PRC rifle yet is that I haven't seen a box of ammo on the shelf in 6 months maybe. Gun counter guy said that they had got in 6 cases of it on Friday. He was amazed at what it was selling for on Gunbroker when I showed him.
I shake my head.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Haha GFY Varmint [bleep]

HAHA

varmint guy taking a bite outta dat ass

he’s onto you boi

😂😂

Yep. You’re going to look back and think some of the crazy prices we’re seeing now are cheap.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I shake my head.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Haha GFY Varmint [bleep]

HAHA

varmint guy taking a bite outta dat ass

he’s onto you boi

😂😂

Rat a tat tat dat ass!
You guys need to give Potterfield a break. With NRA donations being low he's having to buy Wayne's suits for him.
Don't forget the whores and cocaine.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Hold into the (Bob)brown eye - 03/09/21
Originally Posted by Jim1611
You guys need to give Potterfield a break. With NRA donations being low he's having to buy Wayne's suits for him.

At least Larry offers something WLP is like the beggar with a sign that says "will work for food."

laffin
Midway had Hornady .243 100 gr. interlock bullets for $26.99 , then they went to $31.99? I dont like it neither, but it is still not that bad of a price. As for the bullet, I can hunt deer or coyotes. If it was the only bullet I could ever have , I could likely use it for elk or bear too if I had to. They , at least have them is stock and passed on them cause I have plenty for 10 more years.
Then go somewhere else. That's how markets work.
Absolutely. That's what will happen
Dowdle’s Sports and Outdoors in Memphis is well stocked.
Larry is definitely taking advantage of the current situation. Most of the competition is holding the line on prices which tells me that the wholesale price hasn't increased much, if at all. I just picked up a few pounds of powder from MidSouth Shooters. The price was $5/lb less then Midway USA and the shipping was very reasonable . I also noticed that Midway jacked up the price on Berger bullets when no other retailers have that I've noticed.

Thumbs down for Larry Potterfield.
Midway has NEVER had the best prices online...EVER. Some of yall act like this is new info.....good grief, shop there or dont, who cares.
Takes literally 5 minutes to do a nationwide search or price comparison with the various deal finder sites.
If you have no loyalty to a certain dealer, they are just another competitor in the bucket.
I was recently looking for one item. Midway came out cheaper and had free shipping compared to other sites listed on Gun Deals. That isn't often the case, but was in this situation.
I was spending $2k/ year in ~1998 at Midway when he took away free shipping.

I did not buy from Midway again for a few years.

Then I used Midway as like my #10 source.

Then when Larry Potterfield started doing gunsmithing videos, I liked him again... now he is back to my #1 source.
So Mrs. Kuzzlewaite goes in the butcher shop and ask Omer " how much is
your ground round?" Omer replies $4.99 a pound. The lady responds "but
Wolenski is only $3.99 a pound!
So buy it there Mrs. Kuzzlewaite.
"He doesn't have any"
Oh, well mine is only $2.99 when I don't have any!
Haha!

I have a promo code.

Free shipping?
ha ha
I see Midway is selling IMI 5.56 M193 ammo for 79 cents a round and it is actually in stock. For shooters that do not reload that is a bargain in these times compared to some of the stupidity we have seen.

And I thought I was a crybaby when Stag charged my credit card for an order and did not ship it for month and had no plans to ship anytime soon.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I have a promo code.

Free shipping?

Free bump
Posted By: Fotis Re: Hold into the (Bob)brown eye - 03/09/21
Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
Larry is definitely taking advantage of the current situation. Most of the competition is holding the line on prices which tells me that the wholesale price hasn't increased much, if at all. I just picked up a few pounds of powder from MidSouth Shooters. The price was $5/lb less then Midway USA and the shipping was very reasonable . I also noticed that Midway jacked up the price on Berger bullets when no other retailers have that I've noticed.

Thumbs down for Larry Potterfield.

Thank you finally somebody gets it

Have you ever ordered from them? They are showing in stock on a lot of things I need, but so does Optics Planet if you get my drift.

Have you ever ordered from them? They are showing in stock on a lot of things I need, but so does Optics Planet if you get my drift.

Oh my god.....please place an order with them.

For the love of everything holy.
I ordered 2 boxes of 243 ammo from them Friday and the bastards had the nerve to deliver it yesterday. Never again!!

‘Cause dats the last 2 they had 🤣
Which bastards?
Posted By: sse Re: Hold into the (Bob)brown eye - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by oldcuss
So Mrs. Kuzzlewaite goes in the butcher shop and ask Omer " how much is
your ground round?" Omer replies $4.99 a pound. The lady responds "but
Wolenski is only $3.99 a pound!
So buy it there Mrs. Kuzzlewaite.
"He doesn't have any"
Oh, well mine is only $2.99 when I don't have any!

he should'a said, 'in that case, $5.99 a pound'
© 24hourcampfire