Home
Posted By: wabigoon The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
laugh After school. head to the gas station hang out, light up anther Lucky Strike, put a dime in the pop machine, buy a nickel bag of Planters salted peanuts, rip open the bag, and pour the peanuts in.

Salty fizzy treat. I haven't done that in a long time! laugh
Boy did You hit that on the head
But You showed Your age as I did by responding
Have a great day
77,an gettin' better with age like fine wine, or a Stradivarius! laugh
Posted By: jnyork Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
BTDT. Except, PEPSI? Really, PEPSI?? Peanuts belong in Coke, no other. laugh

Wish I could go back in time, find the chubby 14 year old punk that thought lighting up was the way to be cool, would kick his azz up between his shoulders.
laugh For a while I sked those spaceage True cigarettes'. Low tar, and nicotine sure. Packed so loose they burned like a firecracker fuse, and I pinched the air holes so I could get some real smoke! laugh
You get more fizz if you squeeze down a section of Bit-0-Honey and drop it in that soda.

Dont do this indoors.
I used to do the peanuts in Pepsi thing in high school, just about every day. I'd forgotten all about it.
We used to stop at the corner hangout store for old rednecks growing up, watched an old guy who owned a construction company always do it. He had a foot amputated from diabetes and eventually succumb to the disease.
Posted By: CraigD Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
It was Coke and peanuts also at the local gas station where my buddy worked - early 60's...
Posted By: Dons1 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
Early 60's for me too, But we dumped the peanuts in a 16 oz RC Cola. Heck'uva fine treat.
Originally Posted by CraigD
It was Coke and peanuts also at the local gas station where my buddy worked - early 60's...

'63, here, the year Oswald convinced the SS to stand down so he could fling 3 shots at Kennedy with one being a magic bullet. Lots of Fire guys can easily do that and make solid hits with 2 of the shots being only 0.2 seconds apart. whistle

Who knew he had a bump stock bolt action. wink

PS. There was no significant or obvious election fraud either, even though WI had 200,000 more votes than legal voters. shocked
Kung Pao cola? Seen a few examples, but never tried. Guess I need to walk on the wild side some day.
York is right!
Peanuts and COKE!

Maybe and RC cola or Cheerwine.

Never Pepsi.
Who the heck drinks Pepsi ? 🤮

Coke or Dr Pepper here. Drank a few RC Cola’s as a kid, but No Pepsi for me.

Wasn’t it Michael Jackson that got burnt up filming a Pepsi Commercial?
Dude's

peanuts and coke?

Mentos and Coke

Posted By: 45_100 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
Originally Posted by Dons1
Early 60's for me too, But we dumped the peanuts in a 16 oz RC Cola. Heck'uva fine treat.

This
It ruins two things....

A good Pepsi and a sack of peanuts
My parents told me about putting peanuts in their Coke when they were dating at Duke University in the 1930's.

P.S. The Duke soda shop is or at least was in the 1960's called "The Dope Shop".
Posted By: G23 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
Bag of peanuts?? We would get a handful of peanuts out of the peanut machine for a nickel.

G23
Originally Posted by tedthorn
It ruins two things....

A good Pepsi and a sack of peanuts

There it is.
Originally Posted by jnyork

Wish I could go back in time, find the chubby 14 year old punk that thought lighting up was the way to be cool, would kick his azz up between his shoulders.

But now it's Woke a Cola.
Posted By: dale06 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
I recall going to the livestock sale barn in the late 1950s, with my grandfather. He taught me the peanuts in Pepsi thing.
Posted By: joken2 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21

Was just as good with Double Cola as Coke, too. Wife still does the peanuts in soda pop thing every so often but she always has to have Dr. Pepper.
As a kid I liked doing it with Dr.Pepper.

Grandmother used to say "You want peanuts in your coffee?" in response to someone asking/looking for special treatment.
Last time I did it Coke was a buck and planters were .50c.
We never had that much money.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
Attention-getting gimmick - just like the cigarette.
Used to do that on my 15 minute lunch whistle down at Johns Manville. They pushed a commissary cart around.

5cents for a co-cola
5cents for the pnuts

I wasn’t made of money, it was a luxury but I worked hard. It was my only vice.
Posted By: LouisB Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/08/21
Usually keep a bag or two of peanuts in the truck (never know when you're gonna want a snack moseying down the road), but bag of peanuts an coke at the country store, drink one drink out of the coke, pour in the bag of peanuts and head down the road!

NO coke or coke products in my truck or house now, unfortunately few stores have RCs and I don't like Pepsi.
Coca-Cola only! Pepsi was hippie juice.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
laugh After school. head to the gas station hang out, light up anther Lucky Strike, put a dime in the pop machine, buy a nickel bag of Planters salted peanuts, rip open the bag, and pour the peanuts in.

Used to do that 60 years ago. Will do it occasionally if I end up with a bag of peanuts and a Pepsi.
Old story was, Pepsi is/was the cola of Republicans, Coke the cola of Democrat's.

Only works with RC Cola or Mason's Root Beer grin
Originally Posted by FatCity67
As a kid I liked doing it with Dr.Pepper.

Grandmother used to say "You want peanuts in your coffee?" in response to someone asking/looking for special treatment.

Dad always did with a Dr pepper. Wish he was here to see again.......
Originally Posted by joken2

Was just as good with Double Cola as Coke, too. Wife still does the peanuts in soda pop thing every so often but she always has to have Dr. Pepper.

I think it was in the early 80's when Dr Pepper came out with a diet version. Someone gave me a bottle to try. That stuff was awful. I drank it in the morning and still had the rank taste in my mouth in the late afternoon. I don't know what kind of fake sweetener they used. It didn't stay on the market long. Nobody tried it more than once. The stuff they sell now eventually replaced it.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/09/21
We had a penny peanut machine at the tire shop I worked at in the late 60's and early 70's. It was a daily treat to have peanuts in my Pepsi.

kwg
laugh For a while I sked those spaceage True cigarettes'. Low tar, and nicotine sure. Packed so loose they burned like a firecracker fuse, and I pinched the air holes so I could get some real smoke! laugh

You had to light with a match for the first drag
Old story was, Pepsi is/was the cola of Republicans, Coke the cola of Democrat's.

That is an Iowa Democrat farmer thing

Lots of them still do lots of coke, you know? smile
Originally Posted by jnyork

I'm guessing you are too white for Coke. laugh
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

This. Rich fughks. Can you imagine Granny asking, "Peanuts in yer coffee"? wink

I had nightmares in 5th grade fearing someone would tell dad i did that once with my lawn mowing money.

Sheesh. Woman paid me $5 one time for mowing the yard and using the hand squeeze clippers to trim the walkways. Took me half a day and bloodied my knuckles bumping the concrete walk and i told her it was too much.

Dayom i hated doing her yard and walks in the future for $5.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
"Peanuts in yer coffee"? wink

Sounds Urban Dictionaryish.
Yep. Well, he's right, CashisKing. grin

I have never heard of this. Sounds tasty enough to give a try next time I have some plain salted peanuts around.
I used to see a few of the old guys putting peanuts in their Cokes. I think I tried it a few times myself, probably circa 1960, but never cared for it.
It has to be Coke not Pepsi and peanuts with lotsa salt. YUMMY !
It's got to be a glass bottle too.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 03/09/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

We never had much money when I was growing up either. Lived on the reservation west of Tucson. Three or four of us would go out on the highway and pick up bottles people had thrown out. I think the deposit was three cents, a Coke was ten cents and a candy bar was five cents except Mars bars. They were ten cents same as a coke. If you found five bottles you could get a Coke and a candy bar. If you found seven bottles you could get a Coke, a Mars bar and a penny back. The old guy that owned the trading post sure hated giving us that penny back. We would sit on the wooden kegs of horseshoes and drink our cokes. Always got an RC cola if we were going to put peanuts in it. Those last few peanuts were hard to get out of the bottle.
So, I had to try it again.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
never did .. the song was good /but i live to far north ...what is the recipe ????
Once a year on Christmas Day, after shoveling out the hog pens and receiving my morning beating, Maw and Paw would give me a treat - clabbered buttermilk and a piece of dry cornbread with a hair baked in it.

A good Pepsi . . .

When did they ever make those?
Musta been before I was born
Originally Posted by slumlord
Used to do that on my 15 minute lunch whistle down at Johns Manville. They pushed a commissary cart around.

5cents for a co-cola
5cents for the pnuts

I wasn’t made of money, it was a luxury but I worked hard. It was my only vice.

Half a days wages...😁
Originally Posted by Ranger99

A good Pepsi . . .

When did they ever make those?

When they put a couple shots of Crown or Jack in it. 😉
Originally Posted by auk1124
Once a year on Christmas Day, after shoveling out the hog pens and receiving my morning beating, Maw and Paw would give me a treat - clabbered buttermilk and a piece of dry cornbread with a hair baked in it.

Damn, you got hair?
I used to do the peanuts in coke thing. I tried a nugrape which was good but not the same as coke. But coke changed their taste and it is pepsi now.
even a really hot mexican chick is not sexy when she's playing one of them giant guitars.

good morning america
Sprite and Pepsi....groid drink
I put cashews in my Co'coler. (How we pronounce Coke.)
Posted By: MPat70 Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 06/02/21
Been there done that 👍
Posted By: Mathsr Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 06/02/21
Coke and peanuts…never drank Pepsi. Still do it but with Diet Coke now.
So you drank the pop after pouring the peanuts in? Sounds silly
Originally Posted by smokepole

Damn, you got hair?

Well, it was Christmas and we were better off than a lot of people. I don't like to brag, but on my birthday Maw would let me have an extra plate of boiled possum kidneys, and Paw would beat me with a leather strap instead of the usual fireplace poker. It was a very fortunate childhood.
Posted By: LouisB Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 06/02/21
Peauts in a Coke or an RC, but never pepsi . . .

AND NOW

NOT a coke.
Posted By: hanco Re: The peanuts in Pepsi thing. - 06/02/21
I never did that, but a few of my girlfriends did. That was good times back then, played football, dated cheerleaders and twirlers. I loved high school, would have stayed a couple more years if they would have let me. My home life sucked, but school was cool.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Damn, you got hair?

Well, it was Christmas and we were better off than a lot of people. I don't like to brag, but on my birthday Maw would let me have an extra plate of boiled possum kidneys, and Paw would beat me with a leather strap instead of the usual fireplace poker. It was a very fortunate childhood.

Damn, you had plates??
© 24hourcampfire