Home
Parts of the range (Parma Gun Club) are temporarily closed due to manure spill.

Yes, that is right.

There is a mega-dairy a couple miles south of the range. They pump their liquefied manure out onto fields via center pivot systems. One of those pivots failed and flooded areas of the range.

Many local PDs use this range for training facilities, and clubs use it for competition. I wonder how many of them got flooded out?
Probably won't be doing any prone position shooting for a while.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Parts of the range (Parma Gun Club) are temporarily closed due to manure spill.

Yes, that is right.

There is a mega-dairy a couple miles south of the range. They pump their liquefied manure out onto fields via center pivot systems. One of those pivots failed and flooded areas of the range.

Many local PDs use this range for training facilities, and clubs use it for competition. I wonder how many of them got flooded out?

"Have you been in the schidt, man?, You don't know how you're gonna react until you been in the schidt."
That's pretty funny there Vic!
My best friend and his brother had a farm in Parma,I spent alot of time there visiting and pheasant hunting.. They used to live a couple houses away in Boise... Didn't know about a gun club back then,there.. Sounds like a chitty one....lol

Jayco👍
Sounds schity for shooting?
Maybe the best range in SW Idaho
Should be some very green grass there next year...

What a crappy deal.....
Guess picking up brass is out
The sh*t is getting deep.

G23
'Manure spill' - we've been in the middle of one of those since early November, and it's starting to get deep..........
Originally Posted by 700LH
Maybe the best range in SW Idaho

If not, it's getting damned close.
It even has a position at 960 yds. (Ran out of safe backstop)

The Parma range has been there since the 70s that I am aware of.

A lot of the DCM guys used to go over to Snake River in Oregon in the 80s and 90s. I understand the Parma range is much better than Snake River now.
This story is bull Schit. 🤪
Nope, it's a dairy. Cow Schitt. Artificial insemination!
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That's pretty funny there Vic!

Got the Medal!!

[Linked Image from mooremilitaria.com]
scared of some cow poo. What next. SMH
Any idea how deep the flood is?
We have a bunch of those mega dairies in the Twin Falls area, like a half million cows. Many of them have gone to composting manure. Besides sales to landscapers, they spread it on their own fields. It's solved a lot of these pollution problems.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Any idea how deep the flood is?

The notice said "thousands of gallons" and mentioned several target ranges affected.

I have not seen the problem. But am aware that most of the ranges are in pits. It is quite likely the effluent collected directly in front of and is deepest at the target backers.

Thankfully we are enjoying warm breezy weather, and the entire range is pretty sandy. I would expect the liquid portion of the problem to dissipate rapidly. The solids could then be collected and/or disced into the soil.
© 24hourcampfire