Home
Posted By: Ray63 Maven range finder ? - 03/09/21
ANY BODY MESSED WITH THEM ? Did they range like Maven says they will ? Ray
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/10/21
NO BODY ?
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/10/21
I'm curious as you but I haven't tried them. my boy (12) is wanting a rangefinder so I'm in the market as well. I like my Leupold and was thinking of upgrading and giving him my old one. saw the Mavens and got curious as well.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/10/21
Have no experience with them either. But curious. Or would be interested in what others consider the best out there.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/12/21
I got my 1K yard Vortex on sale for $335 and it was said to be as good as some of the high $$ stuff but if this will range like they rate it I would be very interested and the Vortex will be for sale.
Posted By: BrianB Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/14/21
Got mine yesterday. Ranged out to 2500 on a tree as that's as far as I could see. Very fast, very clear display. Was starting to snow a bit today and couldn't get post 350, but that's likely most rangefinders.
It's big, bigger than I expected. Waiting for my new marsupial pouch to see if it's going to work. Not sure I'm loving the knob, wish they had rethought that one.
Will keep testing, seems to work as advertised
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/14/21
Thanks, Brian. I was wondering about the knob too. I can break most things with out even trying. Ray
Posted By: BrianB Re: Maven range finder ? - 03/17/21
Marsupial pouch showed up today, way too tight. Might loosen over time, but I'm not interested in hoping it will. Interestingly it seems to fit a little better in my fhf gear rangefinder pouch, but it's still not going to slip right out if I needed it quickly.
Tried it in fog the other day, only got about 250.
Still on the fence, likely going back due to the size of the unit and the knob.
Hard decision as it functions very well, it's just the form factor I'm not loving.
The funny thing is that it feels kind of light, like they could have made it smaller but decided to go with the larger form factor.
© 24hourcampfire