Home
Posted By: model70man The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
https://gunsmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/G1057.pdf
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
Very cool! I love those old advertisements and the nostalgia they recollect. It’s crazy to think that in 60 years from now our children will think back on these days as the good old days.

We remember the good, forget the tribulations and long for the innocence of our younger days.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
I grew up during that time period, I remember visiting my uncle an avid fisherman and poring over his outdoor magazines. I have several of the vintage ads framed and hanging in my man cave. I visited places like Numrich Arms and Sarco back in the day and remember seeing vast quantities of surplus arms of every description. I purchased a Springfield 1909A3 still in the arsenal cosmoline for $200.
Posted By: uncle joe Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
I bought one of the surplus 1903a3 in the 60's, I think I paid $50 for it and sold it to a friend for $75. He called me the other day and offered to sell it back to me for $1000.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
I remember fishing camp with "Uncle Elmer” up on lake Travis. Them days in February there woupd be like 2 other boats on the lake. Cabin was cinder block. Big fireplace. And the bunkhouse was surrounded by thos jalousie windows you cranked open and closed.

Over in the corner was a stack of "Texas Game and Fish Commission" magazines. Precursor to Tx Parks & Wildlife. No adds. Just lots of hunting and fishing pictures and stories !!! Great reads!!!
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
I love it. A Springfield for Forty bucks. A Webley Mark VI for just fifteen bucks. Shoots .45 acp ammo.
Those were the days, easy access to guns.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
"You can never go home again"

With inflation, many things cost about the same.
Wabi, I find myself making more of the things I really want these days!
Bob, and all, They say when you are 10 years old, you can play football on your grandparents fron porch.

If you go back at 30, it's 8'x 16'. frown laugh
True!
Posted By: rem141r Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
'm still waiting for my damn sea monkeys to hatch. i'm thinking i might be out 69 cents.
Posted By: JeffP Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
No you can’t go home, when you can’t recognize where you are and people today can’t recognize where you came from .
Kinda like it now, too. I am thankful for the meagre skills I have obtained along the way.

If I went home it would be the woods.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
Great thread. Thanks for posting.
The old, I've been your age, you haven't been mine.
Posted By: model70man Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
Originally Posted by rem141r
'm still waiting for my damn sea monkeys to hatch. i'm thinking i might be out 69 cents.

Come to think of it, I never got my sea monkees either!
Posted By: model70man Re: The Good Old Days - 03/12/21
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190330/m1/1/
Originally Posted by model70man
Originally Posted by rem141r

Come to think of it, I never got my sea monkees either!

It was the fluoride in the water!!!!
© 24hourcampfire