Home
Posted By: riflegunbuilder Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Been thinking about upgrading my EDC/ vehicle pistol. Looking at Glock 26 which is a pretty known gun for me, carried a Glock 23 for years on duty. Any of you have any experience with the Springfield Hellcat? Hellcat vs Glock 26 pros and cons? Any +/- going to a Glock 43 instead of the other two?
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
The Glock has a record of performance that is unmatched. I like my G43 w/ 2 round extension mags for hiking in the back country and my G19 for "civilization"

mike r
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
I had a Glock 26 for several years. To me, it's sort of an oddball. It's not nearly as concealable as the 43, which I currently carry everyday, and it's not a lot smaller than a 19, which I also carry on occasion. Having said that, it all depends on what you like, and what fits you the best.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Would the 26 be more durable if also used as a plinker and house gun and seeing a lot higher round count than the 43?
Posted By: Sharpshooter97 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
I've carried a 26 for the last 6-7 years, my favorite concealed carry handgun. I prefer a double stack over the single stacks which is why I've kept my 26 since they've come out with some of the smaller 9's.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
I hear S&W just came out with a subcompact Shield in 9mm. I carry a Sig P290 subcompact from time to time, and am happy with it.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Thoughts on the Kimber Micro, anyone ?
Posted By: efw Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter97
I've carried a 26 for the last 6-7 years, my favorite concealed carry handgun. I prefer a double stack over the single stacks which is why I've kept my 26 since they've come out with some of the smaller 9's.

Yep this^ right here.

Other than the past 6-7 yrs (I’ve only carried mine for 1) it’s my EDC & all he said is my opinion.

You just can’t go wrong with a Glock and the bigger double stack with lots of “large cap” MAGs out in circulation is a huge plus.
Posted By: NH Hunter Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21

I have a kimber micro 9 cdp. It shoots great and is easily carried. I also just picked up a hellcat osp and put a swampfox sentinel on it. Still new enough it's not an edc yet but it shoots great, is compact and concealable.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
SIG P938. You won't regret it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
If I didn't have the P938, I'd probably go with the P365 based on handling it and reviews on here, but I have no experience with the 365.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
The 26 is built like the usual Glock tank and would be a great gun if you need a tank. But, it is kinda squat and chunky for a small IWB gun or for occasional pocket carry. I can’t speak to the Hellcat, but I must say that I have been carrying a Sig P365 for over two years, and for me it is a lot easier to carry and more accurate than the Glock 26 I carried before I got the Sig. (I used to have two Glock 43s, and both are gone now.)
One brand I would NOT get is Kel Tec. When I bought the P938 several years back, I laid a bunch of different small 9's out and looked at them. The Shield was just out. Subjective Impressions: The Kel Tec was the smallest, followed by the P938. I don't think the 365 was out yet. I've owned two Kel Tec's...I believe it's the "P9" model. Whatever their single-stack 9 is. They were not reliable. They also are rough shooters. They kick pretty good. The P938 doesn't kick bad. The Shield was larger. Personally, I don't see the need for a Shield when the same gun is available in the wide body...the M&P Compact. You get more ammo capacity and a wider grip that while, possibly marginally less concealable, spreads the recoil out over a larger portion of your palm diminishing (for me anyway) the perceived recoil. I've never owned the double-stack Kel Tec...whatever model that is, but I wouldn't buy the single-stack 9.
Posted By: efw Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
The 26 is built like the usual Glock tank and would be a great gun if you need a tank. But, it is kinda squat and chunky for a small IWB gun or for occasional pocket carry. I can’t speak to the Hellcat, but I must say that I have been carrying a Sig P365 for over two years, and for me it is a lot easier to carry and more accurate than the Glock 26 I carried before I got the Sig. (I used to have two Glock 43s, and both are gone now.)

Yep if I were going away from G26 I’d skip the Springfield & go P365
I shot Kingston’s P365XL and it’s fantastic.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Sig p365. Or p365 xl.

The end. 😂🇺🇸
Posted By: ridgerunner_ky Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
If I was looking at one of the G43’s I would get the 43x as it holds 10+1 to the regular 43’s 6+1.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Look at a Khar cw9 thank me later I tried the glock 43/42 now my edc is a khar cw380 and have the cw9 for dumpster runs still have a glock 30sf in the tooth brush drawer
Posted By: NM_ElkNut Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
One brand I would NOT get is Kel Tec. When I bought the P938 several years back, I laid a bunch of different small 9's out and looked at them. The Shield was just out. Subjective Impressions: The Kel Tec was the smallest, followed by the P938. I don't think the 365 was out yet. I've owned two Kel Tec's...I believe it's the "P9" model. Whatever their single-stack 9 is. They were not reliable. They also are rough shooters. They kick pretty good. The P938 doesn't kick bad. The Shield was larger. Personally, I don't see the need for a Shield when the same gun is available in the wide body...the M&P Compact. You get more ammo capacity and a wider grip that while, possibly marginally less concealable, spreads the recoil out over a larger portion of your palm diminishing (for me anyway) the perceived recoil. I've never owned the double-stack Kel Tec...whatever model that is, but I wouldn't buy the single-stack 9.

I have a couple of the Kel Tec PF-9s. One was reliable from the factory, the other was not so I sent it back and they fixed. Cheap, and it shows. There is only one JHP load that it feeds reliably. Shoulda bought the Kahr....
Posted By: Boise Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Sort of like asking someone to pick a pair of shoes. Narrow it down and then go handle them all and pick the one that fits best and don't worry what other's think.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Look at a Khar cw9 thank me later I tried the glock 43/42 now my edc is a khar cw380 and have the cw9 for dumpster runs still have a glock 30sf in the tooth brush drawer

Pre-p365 I woulda said the same thing.

I’ve got a couple cw9. I’ve shot all types of ammo. (Steel, alum, brass cased ). No problems.

They shoot good. But hamstrung by low capacity.

P365 carries 10/12/15.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
I like my Glock 26. It shoots a lot like a G19 but is more concealable. The single stack Glocks are even smaller. However, because I shoot double stack Glocks in competition, the G26 feels similar and I like that consistency.

A lot of people like the SIG P365 models. They're very good subcompact pistols.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I have the Kimber Micro 9 and the G43...I hate Kimber. OMG, this micro 9 was the worst idea ever. anyone want to buy it? I have a list of reasons I don't like it.

G43, good gun, no issues.--Once you get past the striker fired, no safety, SAO, kindof thing.

I'm a little leery of CC a striker fired, no safety. it's a personal decision.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
I likes my Hk P2000 Sk in 40...
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/16/21
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I likes my Hk P2000 Sk in 40...

Don’t have one, but when I find a p2000SK or P30SK In 9mm it’s going home with me.
Posted By: WMR Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
If I was looking at one of the G43’s I would get the 43x as it holds 10+1 to the regular 43’s 6+1.

Glock 43x is ideal for me. Easy to conceal and still big enough to shoot accurately. 10 round mag seems adequate. Others are probably as good but I doubt I’ll switch. I admit that a Kahr cw9 worked flawlessly for me but I liked the trigger pull and extra capacity of the 43x.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Sig P-365, standard or XL for the win.
There’s been Kahr P and PM’s, Shield 9, SR9c and they’re all gone. The P-365 stayed.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
In this size I really like the Sig p938. Very concealable, familiar function. Just be sure to fill it with 124's or 147gr. Had issues with function with light bullets.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by efw

I have and like the P365XL as well. For the OP's benefit, I have some file photos that show, left to right, a Glock 19, Sig P365 XL, Glock 26 and Sig P365.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from ]
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
sig 365, its the ultimate 9mm carry gun. the glock 26 has been gathering dust every since. the glock 26 is a great gun and shoots just as well as a full size. carried one for 5-6 years. I think its been 3 years with the 365, never ever looked back.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
From the archives.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I carried a Glock 27 as my EDC (same size as a Glock 26 except in 40 S&W). When I retired, I started carrying a Glock 43 in a We the people . The magazine has a Pierce +1 mag extension for 7+1. I carry a spare mag with a Tango down/Vickers +2 mag extension in my pants pocket. All loaded with 147 grain Federal HST. I feel pretty well armed for a civilian.

Ron
Posted By: PatB Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
All the the mentioned are great, I've had many of them.. However, there's another to consider, that would be the G48..
Stealth magazines for the 48 have a capacity of 15.. I've shot it quite a lot with these magazines and it has been flawless.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I have the Kimber Micro 9 and the G43...I hate Kimber. OMG, this micro 9 was the worst idea ever. anyone want to buy it? I have a list of reasons I don't like it.

G43, good gun, no issues.--Once you get past the striker fired, no safety, SAO, kindof thing.

I'm a little leery of CC a striker fired, no safety. it's a personal decision.

Much appreciate your feedback on it.
Thanks.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
My own favorite is the Ruger LC 9, with the extended single stack 9 round magazine. 0.9” wide, makes a difference.

And I like the fact that Buffalo Bore tested them with their PlusP+ 147grain Hardcast ammo and published the stats 🙂

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=388
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky

This ^^^^^ ... I've got a G43 for CCDW and for open carry around the house and farm. Fits my hand very well with the 2 round EMP mag extension. My LGS dropped a 43X in my hand a week or two after I picked up my 43. I would have skipped the standard 43 all together if the X had been available when I ordered the standard version...
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I'd druther be behind any of them stead in front.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Just retired. Off about a week when the local gun shop owner called looking for help. Started working 3 days a week. Get to handle most brands.

My opinion echoes most of the others. Sig P 365 for the win. I just see no real weakness. Small, reliable double stack we sell in a Tac Pac. Our price is $539.00 which is the pistol, 3 magazines, and a holster. Best buy out there. Also made in USA.

Springfield Hellcat is a fine pistol but trigger is not as good and its made in Croatia.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I'm suprised that the Beratta PX4 Storm Compact hasn't been mentioned.

PX4 Storm
Posted By: TomT Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Sig P365 (stock night sights) 10+1 flush cap. OR 12 +1 cap, extended mag, IF you have big hands, and don't like "pinky hangers".
Sig P365XL (comes with RMR cut out on slide/ stock night sights) 12+1 cap
Glock 43 6+1 cap
Glock 43X 10+1 cap
Springfield Armory Hellcat (avail. with RMR cut on slide).12+1 cap

Above are the most popular small 9mms at my shop. I'm excluding the Sig P938, because while it's a great gun, I'm sticking to striker (vs hammer) fired guns.

I have large hands, so i'll be buying the 365XL. I currently carry a HK VP9 SK every day, but Summer is coming, and the above guns are easier to IWB carry. -TomT

Posted By: Raspy Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
For a nice comparison on most pistols go here.......

https://tinyurl.com/yzqndrjm
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
The G43 is too small for my hands, I just can't get a good consistent grip with it. The shield in 45 works well for me. I've never the 9mm shield but it might be worth a look.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
What do you guys recommend for those short barrel 9mm’s?
My daughter has a Sig P938 and has 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots for her defense load.

Anything else out there that’s better?
Posted By: BigNate Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by FOsteology
What do you guys recommend for those short barrel 9mm’s?
My daughter has a Sig P938 and has 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots for her defense load.

Anything else out there that’s better?

I did a little comparison with the 938 because it wasn't feeding 115gr well, and a self defense gun has to be 100% reliable.
Sig recommended 124gr so that's a good indicator. I couldn't tell the difference between Hornady Critical Defense, Critical Duty, or the Gold Dots. I also tried 147gr but they didn't seem to expand quite as well.
Non - science comparison. I'm sure someone has done videos on YT.
Sig now has their own line as well, and one of them now has 135gr as well.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Love the Glock reputation but couldn't make friends with the feel; p365

Carried a MK40 Kahr for years. A real shooter and compact but heavy. It's serious. ;-{>8
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
The G-26 is hard to beat & I've had one for several years. I like the Pearce mag base with the extra finger groove as it makes the gun considerably more shootable.

I've gone away from it for the most part as I really just prefer a bigger gun.

But if I was going to buy another gun in that general size category today, it would surely be a Sig 365 of some flavor.

If you want a little more grip, the HK VP9SK is worth a look, great gun.

MM
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Sig 938 with Buffalo Bore 95 gr. +p
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I like the p365 as well. S&W just released the Shield Plus, which now has p365/hellcat capacity. They also improved the trigger and I think trimmed a couple ounces.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
If you look at the P365, just be sure of the sights you are paying for.

Some have the X-ray sights. Tritium.
Some have the cheaper day glo.

Johnny Ringo at the gun counter will call them both Night sights.
Posted By: killerv Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Smith dropped the Shield Plus yesterday
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by killerv
Smith dropped the Shield Plus yesterday

Yup comes with both a 10 and a 13 round mag while adding little to original dimensions. Fits current Shield holsters.

Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Been thinking about upgrading my EDC/ vehicle pistol. Looking at Glock 26 which is a pretty known gun for me, carried a Glock 23 for years on duty. Any of you have any experience with the Springfield Hellcat? Hellcat vs Glock 26 pros and cons? Any +/- going to a Glock 43 instead of the other two?

I love my Gen 5 Glock 26, and carry it often, but if I were you, I'd take a good look at the new S&W Shield Plus, which is a redesign of the Shield to match the characteristics of the Sig P365.

Posted By: FOsteology Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
What's the deal with the big green dot front site on the P365? Do they all come equipped with it?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by efw

efw;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's looking to be a fine one in your part of the planet and that all who mean anything to you are well.

I'm reluctant to participate in a thread on this subject since as a Canuck only felons and gangsters are allowed to carry compact firearms now.

Anyways, I remain curious to learn however and appreciate the input on threads like this.

Since there's lots of Ruger firearms in the safe, I'm wondering what the thoughts might be on this new one? Is the micro red dot a good idea?

Thanks in advance for any input from anyone.

All the best to you all as we head into spring.

Dwayne
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by efw

The XL is not really a small gun.......................but yes, it's nice.

MM
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I handled a Kimber years ago that was a sweet looking gun.

A wad of money however.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I have a Sig P365XL. I have only had it about 6 weeks and so far it is all I hoped for. It has the front sight big green dot surrounding the night sight. I like it, very easy to pick up quickly. I think they call it their X-Ray sight.
Trigger is very good, great all around small 9mm, i think I will keep it. 😎😁
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by efw

MM

They're all trying to be a Sig 365 / Sig 365XL.

S&W Shield Plus latest copycat / usurper. Yawn.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
FWIW, the Shield isn't in the same size category as the P365 and Hellcat. I'd say it's closer to a G26 than anything. And I agree that it's a yawner and nothing I'd get too excited about, but I guess it's good to have choices.
Posted By: efw Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by efw

MM

True; the pics earlier showing the different pistols bandied about in this thread was really helpful in illustrating this you’re right.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I sure can't say the Shield's the best because I haven't carried or shot all of the guns discussed here and at the time when I bought it price was a factor plus S&W was offering a pretty decent rebate to make it even less. Regardless of that I still like the Shield well enough. IMO it's flatter profile makes it more concealable than the Glock 26 I owned and it's been as reliable. Granted the grip was too small for me but with the Hogue grip sleeve at around $10 bucks it handles and feels like a bigger pistol and is still easy to conceal.
Posted By: killerv Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Ive got the hogue on my shield also. Almost a must.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by efw

efw;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's looking to be a fine one in your part of the planet and that all who mean anything to you are well.

I'm reluctant to participate in a thread on this subject since as a Canuck only felons and gangsters are allowed to carry compact firearms now.

Anyways, I remain curious to learn however and appreciate the input on threads like this.

Since there's lots of Ruger firearms in the safe, I'm wondering what the thoughts might be on this new one? Is the micro red dot a good idea?

Dwayne

I don’t understand putting a big bulky sight on a compact pistol.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Sig P365 [no safety] 12 round mag up front to stay within the max concealment with acceptable capacity program, two 15 rounders in a back pocket, if those are needed the concealment surprise is obviously already out the fuggin window.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Given the price of GB ammo I am thinking about a gold plated 1911 like Saddam had...
I figure it should keep pace with ammo prices...
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by efw

efw;

Dwayne

I don’t understand putting a big bulky sight on a compact pistol.

Hits count, 1st hit often wins, hitting multiple targets 1st is the goal.

mike r
Posted By: stw104 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
P365 is easy to carry and great accuracy.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I have had a Ruger LC9S for quite a few years now and like it ok, but that P365 looks pretty sweet to me.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
A plus for the p365 is that’s it’s modular.

Fire control Group can be removed from grip with one pin.

P365 grip too small? Swap with p365xl for $40.

Or vice versa.

Trigger swap is easy to. Put a flat trigger in the p365.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by efw

MM

PSA has the Shield Plus on sale for $549.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by efw

MM

PSA has the Shield Plus on sale for $549.
I like the S&W M&P series. I've got the Compact, which pre-dates the Shield and never saw a need for the slightly thinner pistol with less capacity. The new version of the Shield looks intriguing...but there's the rub. It hasn't been too long back that Shields were on sale for $250. The newer, better version can be expected to be more, but there it is...over twice as high.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I ordered a Shield Plus last night from familyfirearms.com for $508.88 shipped. No sales tax. I have a P365 so we'll see how they stack up
Posted By: scoony Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I have been carrying a G26 for 12 years now. Recently picked up a 43x and really prefer that over the G26. I am actually thinking about trying to trade out the 26 for a G19 or G17 just to have a mid to full size pistol around when I am not worried about concealment.
Originally Posted by scoony
I have been carrying a G26 for 12 years now. Recently picked up a 43x and really prefer that over the G26. I am actually thinking about trying to trade out the 26 for a G19 or G17 just to have a mid to full size pistol around when I am not worried about concealment.

The huge advantage of going with a 26 vs one of these new double staggered mag, slimline, subcompacts, is that you can use so many Glock magazines with them, 10 round, 12 round, 15 round, 26 round, and 33 round. So you can carry it with the 10 round mag, and keep a higher cap mag in your glove compartment. Not nearly so much the case with this new type of compact pistol.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/17/21
I have had a concealed carry permit for ~30 years.
I currently carry a Ruger LCP [Kel-tec P3AT clone] in 380 with a laser
https://smile.amazon.com/Crimson-Trace-LG-431H-S-Laser-Guard/dp/B006IS7Q2S/

Handload 90 gr Gold Dot 1100 fps.

10 ounces loaded. Fits in my shirt pocket.
Posted By: scoony Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by scoony

The huge advantage of going with a 26 vs one of these new double staggered mag, slimline, subcompacts, is that you can use so many Glock magazines with them, 10 round, 12 round, 15 round, 26 round, and 33 round. So you can carry it with the 10 round mag, and keep a higher cap mag in your glove compartment. Not nearly so much the case with this new type of compact pistol.

Thats the main reason I still have it. I have several 12 round mags for it as well as some G15s and a G17 mag.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
M&P SHIELD PLUS, 9mm...10 +1,13+1
Originally Posted by 5thShock
M&P SHIELD PLUS, 9mm...10 +1,13+1

Yes, it looks like a winner, for sure.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
I bought a 365 tac pack last year and I really like it. It came with 3 12 round mags and I prefer how they fit. The 12 rounds are a step up from the 5 rd 360pd 357 I'd been carrying.

Bb
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I have had a Ruger LC9S for quite a few years now and like it ok, but that P365 looks pretty sweet to me.

I like my LC9S and my LCP. Both have been reliable, and the LC9S has proven very accurate for a pipsqueak handgun.
Posted By: RAS Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
Honor Defense Honor Guard

I carry this.

https://www.range365.com/honor-defense-honor-guard-gun-review/
Posted By: MtnHtr Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
Kahr CW9 and P9 here, I like single stacks for concealibity and comfort.
Posted By: TomT Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
FYI, we got our 1st Shield Plus in yesterday. IMHO, the P365 or Hellcat are still better choices for concealment.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/18/21
I had a chance to look at a Shield in 40cal yesterday. It has a lot going for it.
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
And now Ruger with the MAX-9. Cheaper than the S&W.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
A Glock 26 is hard to beat for CC if you shoot 9mm and like Glocks. The 26 can use the same magazines as the 17 and 19 which is a major plus to me.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If I didn't have the P938, I'd probably go with the P365 based on handling it and reviews on here, but I have no experience with the 365.

Bought a P365 a month ago for EDC. It is the bomb!
Posted By: Gaschekt Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
I've really enjoyed my sig P365. Everything you could possibly ask from a small pistol. Concealable, reliable, even accurate plus holds 10 rds. Fits my hand perfectly. Going to be hard to top this one
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
I forget the make on this one, it looks nice, not 9mm.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Take a look at the tag.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21

'Nother vote for the Sig P-365

Been pacing mine IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II on my right side.

And a Colt Detective Special in a Galco Hornet Cross draw on my left side.

New York reload!

Also pack a Glock 19 from time to time, in these uncertain times.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Or vice versa.

Did you get the bigger grip frame?

I really want an xl.
Posted By: Motown Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
I am typically a Glock guy and in 9mm have a 19 and 43X. I have had my 19 for around 12 years now and love it but its not easy to carry. The 43X is ok but I’ll also be looking at the Sig 365 and Springfield Hellcat as I am not fully sold on the 43.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Looking hard at the P365 for myself. Have a Colt Commander .45 ACP but it's heavier and much harder to conceal in summer clothing without printing (which is 9+ months in Texas).

Used to have a Kahr PM9 many years ago that was easy to conceal. A little rough on the hands with +P loads
After several rounds your hands would feel like you placed them in a bee hive. lol
Posted By: fester Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A Glock 26 is hard to beat for CC if you shoot 9mm and like Glocks. The 26 can use the same magazines as the 17 and 19 which is a major plus to me.

I carry a 26 and 29......

Have a bud that carries a shield and he likes it.
Say......if I buy a 365xl today.....will someone sell me a box of hollow points?
.....wife said our Biden Bucks showed up.

So...maybe two boxes of hollow points?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Or vice versa.

I really want an xl.

Brother Jim,

I like of best with the XL grip and standard slide.

Kinda best of both IMO.

Also,

Tactical.dev makes some badass mag extenders / pinky grip. Though it doesn’t add any round count to magazine.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Say......if I buy a 365xl today.....will someone sell me a box of hollow points?

You'll probably be able to get some from your dealer. Most (if not all) of the dealers around here have ammo in stock for gun purchases. They don't put it out on the shelves.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
Just ordered a Shield Plus with 3-13 round mags for $499.00 last night.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21

Or vice versa.

I really want an xl.

I have a couple "regular" P365's and an XL, but I really want one of these minus the Romeo Zero (P365X = P365 slide with an optic cut on an XL frame from the factory): https://www.sigsauer.com/p365x-romeozero.html

Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/20/21
I use a Beretta Nano with a 6 round flush magazine in the pistol and 2 8 round extended magazines for reloads. My son carries a Sig 938 and my daughter a Beretta Pico.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
Originally Posted by BluMtn

Did it come with 3 13 round mags? I have a Plus on order and have been looking for spare mag or two
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
Sig 356? Nope all hype even after Sig allegedly ironed out all the glitches, still hearing reports of broken firing pins, broken trigger return springs with less than a 2000 round count not to mention failure to feed return to battery issues... It's small I'll give it that but no thanks My Hk P2000Sk in 40 fits my bear paws perfectly and has never failed regardless of what I feed it.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
Sig 356? Nope all hype even after Sig allegedly ironed out all the glitches, still hearing reports of broken firing pins, broken trigger return springs with less than a 2000 round count not to mention failure to feed return to battery issues... It's small I'll give it that but no thanks My Hk P2000Sk in 40 fits my bear paws perfectly and has never failed regardless of what I feed it.

First hand reports or inter web reports?
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Originally Posted by BluMtn

Did it come with 3 13 round mags? I have a Plus on order and have been looking for spare mag or two

That is how the ad read, so it had better.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
I recently bought a Sig 365 sas. Haven't shot it a lot yet, but enough to know that I like the gun as far as the way it handles and shoots and carries for me. The 10 round mags that come with it are to short for my grip but the 12 round mags fit nice. I don't like the bullseye sights on the sas. It's going get a new home as soon as I find something to replace it unless my wife claims it
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21

https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/sig-sauer-p365-gun-review-100000-round-torture-test

https://www.maxonshooters.com/blog/sig-sauer-p365-gun-review-100000-round-torture-test

POS 365 days a year...
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21

POS 365 days a year...

You’ve seen failures? Or just on the inter web?
Posted By: Nollij Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21

After looking that report/review over, and if it isn't internet horsehockey, I feel even better about my decision to go with a P365/Tritium. If it goes tits up, I'll eat my words. The Hellcat didn't feel right to me, and was about $60.00 more. I've never handled the Heckler above. My 2 pennies worth.
Buddy's who are Leo's here in Orange County CA two have had fails with their personal 365's their becoming a running joke in Law Enforcement circles in these parts. So go for it.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sub Compact 9mm ?? - 03/21/21
Buddy's who are Leo's here in Orange County CA two have had fails with their personal 365's their becoming a running joke in Law Enforcement circles in these parts. So go for it.

Do you know the "born on" dates of the guns? How many rounds did they have through them? What were the problems?

Do you know the "born on" dates of the guns? How many rounds did they have through them? What were the problems?

Again, broken firing pins, broken trigger return springs within less than a 2000 rounds fired failure to feed return to battery problems , Don't know anything about "born on dates" of the weapons in question. I do recall the fails being recent. Don't get me wrong I like my Sigs I have two older P 229's one in 9 and one in 40 one is my night stand gun. I'm just of the opinion the the 365 not been vetted before being released into the market
© 24hourcampfire