Home
My wife hates the smell, so today's the only day of the year I can cook corned beef and cabbage grin . It's going to be a glorious evening. I love the smell, and can't understand why it makes my wife gag. I added some onions and small red taters and turned the crock pot on low at 6:00 AM this morning. It should be good and tender by dinner. Actually I'm probably going to eat corned beef leftovers for a couple of days laugh
Sounds good....
Noon today, hash later--yummm!
Had it last night, corned beef and cabbage stew...good stuff!
... with small red potatoes boiled in their jackets, carrots, and green and red cabbage
Count me in
Yessir, we are. Love that Jewish ghetto food that the Irish adopted here but don't eat in Ireland.
I had the other jewish food, Popeyes fried chiggum!!!
wife just if I wanted corned beef for supper. I said Meh, OK.
We overate carne guisada last night so going lite tonight with crab cakes and a salad. CB&C will be on tomorrows menu.
Swedish wife hates it but she loves me. Been on low since this morning. Eating good tonight.
Roasted one today but I prefer my corned beef “ruebenized”. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I'll eat a corned beef sandwich, with mustard on rye bread. Only way I like the stuff.
Originally Posted by Pugs
Roasted one today but I prefer my corned beef “rubenized”. grin

mmm .. that will be on the menu tomorrow
Well, that was the plan (I bought the corned beef and the head of cabbage, along with rye bread), but I'm going to make it tomorrow instead. Just too tired to do it today.
Yep..rueban...
Close enough. Wife does a great job making them. Well she does a great job making anything.....
We had it for dinner tonight and it was, as usual, outstanding.
“Irish stew” here today but I considered doing corned beef
My wife is a good cook and I tried for years to get her to make me some corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day. She put me off time and again, saying that our picky kids would never eat it. She finally made it 2 years ago and now our kids get excited when they know that she's making it, like she is right now.
Been smoking a corned beef brisket since 3am, should be done in another 60-90 minutes. A Gunnies keg half empty and a fresh one standing by. Plenty Home distilled “Irish whiskey”. About 14 close friends. Fun times had by all.
We had chicken
Cooking right now. love Rueben's
Just sat down on the couch after enjoying a great meal of corned beef, cabbage, new potatoes, carrots and onion. Was obliged to wash it down with a couple Guinness, of course.
After we finished, same conversation as every other year, “why do we only have this once a year?”
Had it for lunch the last two days.

Bacon wrapped chicken breasts on the Egg right now...
The warden made Ruebens here also,Love 'em
As good a place any?

[Linked Image from activerain-store.s3.amazonaws.com]
We did. With cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
Taking a corned beef sammich for lunch tomorrow.
Been in the crock pot since noon. Should be ready by dinner time. Corned beef, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and hot German mustard tonight.

With leftovers I'll make corned beef hash and maybe a Reuben or two. Yum.
Wife was cooking porkchops! I was like, WTF?

So, I simmered a chunk for a couple of hours and gnawed on some with kraut. Back in the pot. Ruebenesqe sammiches tomorrow. Not on rye, or with swiss. On hand, pepperjack and 12 grain.
Can stand corned beef....................So settling for Guinness (venison) Stew
Bought some today but it’s the first week of Lent so we’re doing the full-fasting. No fish, meat or dairy (well, we’re cheating on the dairy.)

I decided to do it with her this year to lose a few pounds. Will go back to meat once a day next week until the last week of Lent. I’ll probably cook corned beef next week.
It’s the first year since I can remember that we haven’t had it for st.patties day but had it last month. We got the grandkids for the night and will have to suffer through baked baby back ribs. 😜
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I've always got to have some horseradish mustard with my corned beef & cabbage.

Local family run restaurant make a pretty good Reuben sandwich served with a side of delicious homemade potato chips still warm from the deep fryer.
"The Warden" decided on stir fry. WTH????
But, she cooks - and I don't know how - soooooo????
I've got limits to my many abilities smile
Corned beef in the crock, colcannon, fresh irish soda bread and buttered carrots. Wife knocked it out of th park.
As an Irish/Scandinavian, 6th generation Texan, I can assure you that corning beef is about the worst thing you can do to it. But I appreciate the history.
Stormin Norman: The VarmintWife last Sunday cooked me up a batch of the most wonderful Corned Beef and cabbage "I've" ever had!
And I have been eating Corned Beef and cabbage for well over half a century now.
It was so good that on Monday, while the sale was still on, we went down to the store and bought two more packages of this wonderful Corned Beef for future use.
We cook up a batch of Corned Beef a couple times a year and relish the left-overs as meals and sandwiches and we make Corned Beef Hash sometimes with the leftover meat.
I always opt for the red potatoes with my cabbage and Corned Beef as well.
I feel bad that your wife is displeased by the smell of the cooking cabbage - maybe sometime opt out of the cabbage and just go with the Corned Beef, red potatoes and maybe a few onions.
Enjoy the left-overs.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I was invited to a corned beef dinner

First time I’ve eaten that on St Patrick’s Day!
I forgot.

Maybe we'll do it this weekend.
I did. Prepared by a ginger.
I would post pictures of it, but it’s all devoured now! Good stuff.

Erin go bragh ☘️
Yeah -

Wife left out some boiled, pail, fatty brisket on the platter, after entering.

Irish food sucks, by and large. sick
Bought a brisket a couple months ago, cut off the point
and roasted it with root veggies. Corned the flat.
Froze it for St Patties day.

And totally forgot the dam day.
Had to run to Altoona to buy softball stuff for the youngest.
Supper was a lettuce wrapped double burger and a side salad (Keto)
at Red Robin. Man are they proud. 4 people, 2 burgers, chicken Sammie,
And nuggets. 70 phuggin dollhairs!

Anyway, beef is thawing, probably eat it this weekend.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Bought a brisket a couple months ago, cut off the point
and roasted it with root veggies. Corned the flat.
Froze it for St Patties day.

And totally forgot the dam day.
Had to run to Altoona to buy softball stuff for the youngest.
Supper was a lettuce wrapped double burger and a side salad (Keto)
at Red Robin. Man are they proud. 4 people, 2 burgers, chicken Sammie,
And nuggets. 70 phuggin dollhairs!

Anyway, beef is thawing, probably eat it this weekend.

It WILL suck...
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Bought some today but it’s the first week of Lent so we’re doing the full-fasting. No fish, meat or dairy (well, we’re cheating on the dairy.)

I decided to do it with her this year to lose a few pounds. Will go back to meat once a day next week until the last week of Lent. I’ll probably cook corned beef next week.

Think your off on lent
Yes was in the offering
We had a couple of Black & Tans before a dinner of corned beef and cabbage tonight, followed by a couple of Redbreast Irish Whisky's. It's been a great evening.
Of course.

From the localest eating establishment, roasted not crock pot style. The famous (infamous??) Stubbs is our dinner guest again. Was pretty dang tasty.

Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
We had a couple of Black & Tans before a dinner of corned beef and cabbage tonight, followed by a couple of Redbreast Irish Whisky's. It's been a great evening.

Not really a good drink for an Irish celebration.
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Not really a good drink for an Irish celebration.

Maybe for a Protestant one? confused
OP, so you mean all you have to do to make your wife mad is to cook corned beef ? Damn i wish my wife hated corned beef.
Had a corned beef on rye for lunch.
Corned beef, light dusting of brown sugar on top, setting on bed of quartered up onions with a bottle of Guinness beer, baked. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, cabbage and wild morels last hour, doesn't get any better! Have with side of Guinness, for desert a glass of good bourbon, last night was Elmer T. Lee.
Originally Posted by Millerish
Corned beef, light dusting of brown sugar on top, setting on bed of quartered up onions with a bottle of Guinness beer, baked. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, cabbage and wild morels last hour, doesn't get any better! Have with side of Guinness, for desert a glass of good bourbon, last night was Elmer T. Lee.

I aint going lie. You got my attention!
et mine
© 24hourcampfire