Home
If I owned this house id not move, unfortunately I rent, for now. But my commute is 7 minutes or less...depends if deer run out in front of me grin
5 steps laugh
About 10 steps, from the kitchen to my office.
1hr door-to-door each way (shortish distance but traffic is heavy - car or bus about the same time), but I work from home most of the time now
97 miles one way
0 min and 0 seconds...retired, LOL

I was Military. when I wasn't deployed I had a commute, but those days are over.

However, there was a time...one place 10 Min, another place 50 Min. the longest was 50 Minutes. I'd say the average was 20-25 Min. Virginia was the worst for traffic. Newport News to Norfolk..FML
3.6 miles
Originally Posted by Model70Fan
97 miles one way

dammm

hope UR drivin a Toyota........... grin
Retired now, but last place was 3 miles, 7 minutes.

Others were a 5 minute walk.

I left the commuting world in 1991, in SoCal where a 20 minute drive on Saturday morning to get to the body surfing spot was over 45 minutes on a work morning, and over an hour in the afternoon.
25 yards out the back door for the ATV, 50 for a tractor.
Work at the office Mon-Wed which is only 15 mins away and then get to work from home Thurs and Friday. My last job was over an hour away and I’ll never do that again.
97 miles one way

Live up north? Seems pretty common north of or near I 80
22 miles one way.
25 miles one way. It has become much faster due to 249 toll road completion. In 3 minutes I can be flying along 75 MPH unless I take my old jeep, then I might as well stay on feeder. It won’t go but 60.
80 ft.
Retired now, at least trying to be, but 45 miles each way. The problem was to get to my job, I had to cross the metro and hardly a day went by some ying yang didn't cause a traffic jam. Often drive time could be 50 minutes to 2 hours. Sucked and don't miss it a bit, having put up with it for 32 years.

WS
about 40 feet
15 minutes mostly all back roads with one traffic light, probably 8 stop signs, and minimal traffic its a consistent 15-17 minutes each way.
Originally Posted by tikkanut
97 miles one way

dammm

hope UR drivin a Toyota........... grin

Just broke 98’000 on my 2018 Ram 1500
Originally Posted by pahick
97 miles one way

Somerset county but I’m working in State college
About 40 miles. What pisses me off is I can see it at the end of my road. Welcome to living around water. You gotta drive around the world to get next door.
When I was working I averaged 60k a year. 95% in eastern NC.

I guess my commute to work was walking out the back door to the company vehicle.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
About 40 miles. What pisses me off is I can see it at the end of my road. Welcome to living around water. You gotta drive around the world to get next door.

that was whidbey island washington...

straight line, stuff was close, the problem was you had to go around the moon to get started. you couldn't get there from here, you had to go someplace else to start.
Mine and Clara-Lou’s shotgun shack was 2 blocks over from Johns Manville
15 minutes
Retired now but drove 50 one way for 20 yrs

my commute is 7 minutes or less...depends if deer run out in front of me grin

Well usually I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen to make some coffee. Might go back to bed or watch the morning news.
Depending on where the job site is, anywhere from 25 minutes to an hour and an half.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Same here in Northern Michigan. The longest drive I have to make would be 25 minutes shorter if I didn't have to drive around Lake Charlevoix ( or any number of other lakes in the area) to get there.
If I owned this house id not move, unfortunately I rent, for now. But my commute is 7 minutes or less...depends if deer run out in front of me grin

I’m retired now.....however, for 18 years it was 88 miles each way! Since moving to Wyoming, my shortest commute was 35 miles each way! memtb
On average I drive 75 miles one way.
Walk across the yard 100 feet, the wife drives 5 min.to her office
One of the jobs I'm doing now is 2 hrs each way,(kickin my azz)
was staying in a hotel before the Wuflu shut it down.
10 steps to the home office. If I need or want to go to my office uptown its about 30 minutes.
I used to have a 2 hour commute each way. I hated it, in part because most of it was on the crowded, disgusting, expensive and always delayed san Francisco train system.

I took a huge pay cut to start my own practice 7 miles from my house, but I left California and moved to Montana, where my office is in my reloading room downstairs. Best move I've ever made.
47 miles - 50 minute drive, if traffic is flowing properly. 1 yr 11 months left of that bullsheet.
12 miles/20 minutes.
It's a good decompression period on the way home.
40 miles each way.

Rural. May meet 2 cars in the morning. Trash truck on Monday Mornings. 😂

I’ll put on a podcast and roll on.
97 miles one way

First time I heard someone headin north for work grin. Usually its guys heading down 15 2hrs....or Bedford heading for Hagerstown. Gotta be fun in the snow headin up 220(or is it just 99 now?)
42 miles, but about 41.5 is 4 lane highway. Nice way to get quiet time before getting home to 5 kids.
1 minute 45 seconds...most of that is waiting for the gate to open...🤣
97 miles one way

First time I heard someone headin north for work grin. Usually its guys heading down 15 2hrs....or Bedford heading for Hagerstown. Gotta be fun in the snow headin up 220(or is it just 99 now?)

I’m just off 31 but then I get on 99. I broke a personal best a few weeks ago. I made it in an hour lol. Would have lost my license that day.
30 miles one way to main job.

90 miles one way to the consultant job....most of the time I do it remote after hours. For ~8 years it was the main job and I drove it a lot.....when I wasn't flying all over the country.
97 miles one way

I’m just off 31 but then I get on 99. I broke a personal best a few weeks ago. I made it in an hour lol. Would have lost my license that day.

I bet, thats flyin!!!
Originally Posted by Full3r
42 miles, but about 41.5 is 4 lane highway. Nice way to get quiet time before getting home to 5 kids.

5 kids??!?? I bet you stop for a drink or two dontcha? laugh
Originally Posted by Full3r

5 kids??!?? I bet you stop for a drink or two dontcha? laugh

You forgot to add “house” in your username lol

before I retired from Brown

it was 45 miles one way.......

load the Brown truck...

drive back the same 45 miles......

empty it.......while driving another 150 miles delivering schidt

take empty Brown to the barn......

get back in 'Yota and drive the same 45 miles back home........

so 300+ miles a day
Twenty-two to work, 452 at work, twenty-two home. That's over 500 a day! LOL (trucker math)
About 8 seconds or thereabouts.
Two jobs: first is 1.2 miles each way one day a week and work from home the other four; second is just across the street from my house three evenings a week. Some weeks I don’t start my car until Saturday.
15 minutes typically.
20 miles. 23 minutes in the morning and anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours on the way home depending on if I run across a bunch of pigs on the backroads that need shot up, or if I have to feed cows or make a recon stop at the fishing hole.
I'm retired now, so my commute is to the doughnut shop. I had to do the old work commute to get a COVID shot yesterday, 45 miles. I couldn’t believe that I did that for 41 years.
8-12 mins depending on traffic
4 minutes.
An hour to nashvegas by khan in her car.
2 to 6 hrs to Detroit depending on what the fugg ever by air and waiting in schit hole Detriot
Get going transalantic start getting delay pays if they happen and getting per diem..
Bout 12 to 15 hours total by air depending on layovers in what ever eurotrash land airport ( usually Amsterdam)to Bucharest.
Then about 3 to 5 hrs by bus to Constanta. JFC.....
Then about 55 65 mins Generally ese 86NM by helicopter.

Reverse to go home.

Weather dependant...
Possible delays at any point after arriving in euro trash from over night up to 6 days I have experienced.
Got paid for that weather or someone fugged up logistics delay stuff also.

Homie turns 58 in june
Homie retired from civie world 3 months shy of 53...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]photo uploader

I'm working backwards. 10 years ago it was 2700 miles to work.

5 years ago it was 95 miles....hour and 20 in the summer......forever in drift season.

Now it's 26 miles and 26 minutes.

I'll miss being on the tools in some of the coolest places ever, but I sure like being able to get home to the kids whenever I want.
About 30 feet these days. When I have site visits it’s 78 miles round trip.
Retired used to be between 45 minutes to 28 hours depending on where I was going
4 miles. Somewhere around 6-8 minutes.
15 minutes direct to work in a vehicle, not much longer on a bicycle.

I prefer the one hour to work loop on a bicycle.

I live in a small town in South Dakota and walk 1.5 blocks to work when I go into the office. Sometimes I can telework so in that case it's about 15'. the downside is I have to drive 20 minutes to go fishing in the best walleye fishery in the nation.
6 or 7 miles.
From the east of Bedfords city limits, to west of them.
Live and work in the suburbs!

Urban sprawl' s a bitch. 3 friggen lights!
None of which were there 25ish years ago.

Model 70, you drive by my job every trip.
How long is my commute to work?. As long as it takes me to walk from my bed to my frontroom.....all of a 15-30 second walk. I work outa my home.
34 miles , 45 mins in the morning, anyone’s guess on the way home, folks get confused on the I95/64 interchange in Richmond and usually add at least an 40 minutes a couple time a a week
15 miles two days a week. Work from home the other two days.
Work the thing retired guys like me, once pursued. When I worked seven miles one way! Facing Mt. Shasta, always a nice view on the way to work!
My last job it took 2 and a half days each way to get to work. Worked seven 12s for 6 weeks went home for 3, travel time came out of your r&r time so home for 16 days.
I walk out my back door, and I'm at work.
Three minutes!
I had several bouts of driving 40-50 miles one way every day for years, and it sucked. I'm now 5 miles from work and the commute takes me all of 18 minutes.
Done done done. TGIF
25 minutes each way great time for silence and “alone/decompression time” or audible/podcasts.

I like the balance.
62 miles..one way
down the steps from my bed room to my office. some morings take a bit longer if I go get coffee first
20 minutes, mostly 4 lane roads
About 15 seconds here....... laugh
Currently about 5 min to shop, that will stretch to 15 at the future location. Driving the route another 75 / 100 add on 6 plus miles walking, pulling hose around properties.
Florida to Charlotte to DC to Sofia Bulgaria to Kabul.... 8000 miles or so?
I hate commuting, just puts me in a generally foul mood, and I love to drive on long trips

but last house I bought I made sure there was no interstate necessary for me to get to work. Its made a huge difference, at least for me, in my quality of life. Matter of fact, just about my whole world is within a 4 mile radius - work, school, shopping, restaurants doctor, dentist, auto store, even the DMV - if I only had a Costco next door I think I'd have it all.

Still, I'd like to get away from suburbia one day, and giving up convenience is the price I'll pay for it.
I used to have a really short commute until I moved my office a couple years ago. Now, my typical commute takes 20-30 seconds. It was much shorter when it was just down the hall from my bedroom. Now I have to walk down the hall and down the stairs. frown
44 miles one way, bout 50 minutes drive time give or take.
About 20 blocks and two stoplights from my home to my office. 3-5 minutes.
I've lived on this farm all my life, save college, and army time.
Mine was 60 seconds!
Currently, it’s down the hallway to my office. When they May us start going back in to the office, it’s 45 miles one way. If my former co-workers job from the AF comes open, it’s 7 miles from the house and I hope to be able to transfer to it. It’s a hefty pay raise as well if I can get it. For now, I’ll stick with down the hall.
17 miles one way. Used to be just 4 stop lights, but now it's 6 and I suspect more to come in the coming years as growth keeps filling in all the open space.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
About 20 blocks and two stoplights from my home to my office. 3-5 minutes.

20 blocks AND 2 stoplights? that eliminates 95% of SD towns as possibilities where you live laugh
I'm a bit less than a mile from work one way. It takes about three minutes to drive, six to bike, or fifteen to walk. If I go home for lunch at 5 AM and ignore all the traffic laws call it a minute and a half.
536 miles 1 way. I drive to work once a month and home after 2 weeks. Then I have 2 weeks off.
Depending on the day it could be 20 mins or 10 seconds.
6 rural miles.
About a mile.
One step.
Now that I'm retired I'm surrounded by my work. No escape.
40 miles one way a great drive 11 months a year...near death the other month....
Pahick: I haven't commuted in 24 (twenty four!) years now since I retired.
Moved to a state back then, that has very low taxes, so's I will never be "commutin" again.
But you's guy's keep hittin the traffic jam's every day so's my retirement/pension funds won't get low.
Aaahhhh.... the life of Riley!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire